Chapter 13

Love At College

After getting all the information that Hyesung wants, he was heading to a library now. He knew that Eric was there doing his work as he knew about his schedule for the entire week. Who helped him? Shh, it's a secret. 

Hyesung checked his hair before he entered. Satisfied with his look, he went inside and immediately spotted Eric who was sitting at a table in the middle of the library. He walked up to him and sat beside him.

'Hi, what are you doing?' Hyesung asked cheekily and put his hands on his cheeks.

Eric was shocked to see him here but tried to look cool. 'What are you doing here?' he asked without looking at him.

'To see you of course!' he chuckled.

'But I don't want to see you'

'That's fine. I can just stare at you'

Eric just 'hmm' him and continued to do his work while ignoring the younger guy. He didn't want to admit but he was happy to see Hyesung here. For 30 minutes, Eric still could feel Hyesung stared at him. He looked at him and the younger guy still staring and smiling at him as if what he was doing wasn't weird.

'Stop staring. It's weird'

'But you're ignoring me' he pouted.

'Then, go home'

'I don't want! I want to stay here with you' 

'Whatever' 

Eric continued to do his work until Hyesung asked him. 'So I need an answer' he asked.

'What answer?'

'Do you like me?' 

Eric was stunned by his honesty and tried to answer him calmly.

'No comment'

Hyesung moved his body closer to Eric and asked 'Or do you love me?' 

Eric was uneasy with the question and quickly said 'Wrong book'. He stood up and pretended to take a new book.

He sit down and fortunately for him, Hyesung didn't ask him any longer. Few minutes later, Hyesung stood up and went to a bookshelf near them. Then he heard Hyesung calling him. 'Yah, Eric Mun! Do you love me? Because I love....' Hyesung said loudly that people around them were looking.

Eric was embarrassed by Hyesung's words that he immediately went up to him and shut his mouth with his hands. He dragged him back to the table and wrote something on a post note and pasted it on Hyesung's lips. He wrote ; Idiot Hyesungie

Hyesung pouted and just kept quiet the whole day. After finishing his work, Eric looked at Hyesung who was sleeping soundly. Then an idea popped in his mind. He went behind the bookshelf and threw a ball of paper at Hyesung. He woke up and saw Eric who was calling him. He rubbed his eyes and went to him. Eric pulled him down and just kept quiet. Hyesung didn't know what was happening so he just kept quiet waiting for Eric to talk. Then, Eric moved his face closer to him and said 'This is my confession. Yes, I love you Shin Hyesung' and quickly pecked his lips gently and softly. Hyesung yielded loudly as he was too surprised by his actions. Eric quickly shushed him up and went outside of the library. Then Hyesung went out and was smiling brightly at him.

Eric's heart melted whenever he saw that smile on his face. He decided to take the risk to be with Hyesung, as Minwoo advised. He cannot deny his feelings any longer because he wanted to be with Hyesung. He held out his hand and Hyesung took it. They decided to walk at a park beside the library while holding hands as an official couple. 

They chatted lightly while enjoying each other's company till they got into a serious talk.

'Why do you like me?' Eric asked.

'Because you are Eric Mun. Not Eric Frost. That's all' Elsa said simply.

'That's all?' 

'Yup. I don't need a reason to love my boyfriend ' Hyesung said.

Eric chuckled at his honest answer and he blushed a bit when he heard Hyesung calling him as her boyfriend. Eric likes the term given honestly. It sounded right. 

After taking a walk, they decided to go home. Since they brought their own vehicles, they said goodbye there. Luckily they parked their car and motorbike nearby. Hyesung quickly pecked Eric's cheek and waved goodbye before going to his car. Eric just blushed at his action and grinned the whole way home. 

Today was a special day to both of them. A starting of something new.

That weekend, Eric took Hyesung out for their very own first date. Hyesung was so excited and he spent 2 hours just to choose his clothes and everything. In the end, he took his favourite shirt with short cardigan. He also wore a bowler hat matching with his black shoes.

Since Eric is busy with his work, he decided to pick her up at 2 pm. He quickly finished his work, go back home and get dressed. He wore a checkered red jacket with a black shirt in it and a black pants. Hyesung said that he will be waiting in the cafe nearby his college.

Around 2:10 pm, Eric came to the cafe. He was stunned looking at his pretty boyfriend. Although he wore something casual and simple, he looked so stunning that his heart pounded. 

'Eric-ah? Hello?' Hyesung waved his hands in front of him.

'Yes?? What?'

'Are you okay? You seem so blur'

'Yeah, I'm fine... It's just that you look so pretty' he shyly said looking away.

'Thank you, I dress just for my boyfriend. So where are we going today?' she chuckled.

'Since I don't want it to be a typical first date, we are going to do like this... Here's a coin. From number 1 to 4, choose a number. I'll take 3'

Hyesung didn't get what he meant but he just picked a number '4 for me'

'Okay, head 3, tail 4' he asked and tossed the coin. And they got number 3.

'Left or right?' Eric asked.

'Right!'

'Okay then, let's go for our first date' Eric said.

He stood up and stretched out his hand to Hyesung's direction. The younger guy simply smiled and grabbed his hand. Inside the car, he asked Eric what did he mean.

'Well, we are going straight to outskirt of the city and stopped at the third rest stop. And from there, we will take the district that is located on the right side. Understand?' Eric explained.

Hyesung nodded excitedly. He never expected that Eric would came up with that kind of idea and he looked forward to it. Hyesung didn't mind going anywhere as long as Eric was there with him. They talked in the car and one hour later, Hyesung fell asleep. After driving for 2 hours, they have arrived at a destination. Liverpool, just a small town.

Eric woke him up softly and he immediately woke up while rubbing his eyes. Then they got of the car and Hyesung read 'Liverpool Town', he knew this town but never been there before. So he was looking forward to explore the place. 

They took pictures at the mural walls and have ice-cream while walking. The stuffs that they were selling were quite cheap and the quality was pretty good. Then Eric wanted to rent a couple bicycle but Hyesung stopped him immediately.

'Can't we do something else?' Hyesung said while looking down on the ground.

'Why? But it's fun' 

'Hmm... But there are other things we can do' he tried to find an excuse and Eric immediately saw through him.

'You can't ride a bicycle right...' Eric smirked and chuckled.

'Yah, why are you laughing! It's not funny..' he pouted.

'Sorry sorry... Don't worry I can teach you... All you need to do is you need to trust me' Eric assured him.

And that evening, Eric taught him how to ride a bicycle. Hyesung was nervous at first but knowing that Eric is there by his side made him feel calm and confident. 

After a lot of trials and errors, he succeeded to ride by himself.

'Eric-ah, look! I can ride a bike..!' he exclaimed.

Eric looked at Hyesung and said 'There, it's not that hard... I know you can do it' 

Hyesung just chuckled. Then Eric rented a bicycle with two sitter so that he and Hyesung could go to the beach to watch the sunset. Then, they sat quietly without saying anything because they are comfortable with the silence. They intertwined their fingers and just stared at each other for minutes. 

Hyesung was amazed when he saw the sun set. It was his first. But unknown to him, Eric thinks that he is more beautiful with the look on his face. Then Hyesung smiled at Eric and said 'Isn't is beautiful?'

Eric just smiled at him and enjoyed the scenery.

Since Eric used to go to Liverpool almost every week with his granddad, so he knew a good place to eat.

He drove his car and stop at a restaurant. It is located beside the sea and it sells the freshest seafoods you could ever find there.

'The food here is so good' Eric said when they got off from the car.

'Err... Okay' Hyesung hesitated when he saw a cheap restaurant in front of him. 

Being from a very extremely rich family, Hyesung never been to this kind of place before. He always goes to high class restaurant or his chef would just cooks for him. 

But now, things have changed suddenly. But he knew that he had to accept as Eric is a simple guy. But eating at this place made Hyesung hesitated. Honestly he didn't like it at all.

Eric saw his expression and said 'Trust me... You won't regret it' and grabbed Hyesung's hand and took a table outside to enjoy the see breeze.

Since Hyesung didn't know what to order, Eric ordered the good for them. After waiting for 15 minutes, at last the food have arrived.

'Thank you lady' Eric said politely.

'Thank you for the food' Hyesung said.

One hour later...

'Wow for such a slender guy, you sure eat a lot' Eric amused seeing his boyfriend who was eating deliciously in front of him.

At first, Hyesung hesitated but after taking a few bites, he immediately fell in love with the food. Even though it was something simple but the taste was so fancy and classy. 

'Yah! I can eat whatever I want! And you need to deal with it from now onwards!' he scolded. 

Eric just nodded and chuckled.

Then Hyesung continued to eat. While eating he kept on praising on each food that he ate.

'This is good... You should try Eric'

'Omg, this is the best seafood I've ever eaten!'

'Eric, how can you find this place?'

'This restaurant is unbelievable... Can't believe that such a restaurant could exist... So good'

'I swear I would hire the cook to work in my house'

'This is so fresh! I like it... No, I LOVE it'

Eric could see happiness in Hyesung's eyes while the younger guy was eating. Eric put his hand on his cheek on the table and kept staring at a beautiful yet a hungry guy in front of him. 

Hyesung noticed that Eric stared at him. Worried that he had something on his face from eating too much, he asked 'What's wrong? Is there something on my face?'

Eric took a napkin and wiped off the dirt from Hyesung's lips. 'There, you have nothing on your face now' Eric said.

Hyesung thanked him and continued to eat.

Then Eric continued staring at him.

'Is there something on my face again?' he asked worriedly.

'No... It's just that you are cute... Very cute' Eric said genuinely.

Hearing that coming from Eric made his heart fluttered.

'Yeah I know... Tell me something I don't know' he joked with his bubbly attitude.

Eric just chuckled hearing that. He likes how Hyesung is confident with himself without even have to worry about what people have to say. After dinner, they head out. 

Hyesung praised at the owner of the restaurant 'Thank you, lady for amazing food... I love it!' and gave her thumbs up. 

The owner just chuckled and said 'Hahaha thank you... Are you guys going for the festival tonight?'

'What festival?' Eric asked.

'I see that you're not from here. Well every year, this town will have a firework festival at the amusement park. And you are lucky that it is today. You should go. With your lovely boyfriend' she explained.

'I will... Wanna go?' Eric turned to Hyesung and asked. In return, he just nodded eagerly.

They went to see the firework at the amusement parks. Eric bought the couple price and the girl behind the counter gave a Mickey's ears stuff. Hyesung wore it on with the help of Eric and they went to every rides they offered. At 11 pm, the fireworks started and everyone was amazed by the beauty. After the main event, Eric sent Hyesung home.

'I love our date today, it was fun! And we should go to the restaurant again' Hyesung said when Eric stopped his car in front of his house.

'Glad that you like it... You should go now, it's nearly 12...' Eric said.

'Drive home safe okay... Love you' he said shyly and got off from the car after Eric said (while blushing slightly) 'Love you too... Goodnight' 

Since this is an early stage of their relationship, they are quite shy to express their love especially Eric although he is the kind of person who is social and cool but shy in relationships. 

Hyesung on the other hand is also shy since this is his first relationship in his life. But they are quite overwhelmed that they have each other as partners because expressing these kind of words feel right.