Chapter 12

Love At College

'Can I not?' Hyesung pleaded.

Today he will be having a photo shoot at Han River since he was featured as one of the hottest and successful socialite family in the country. Luckily today's weather is good, not too hot and not too cloudy. Hyesung didn't like photo shoots because he looks awkward in pictures because he is not a model and never will be one.

Junjin as usual had persuade him to do this gig as this will rise Hyesung's name even higher. First few takes was awkward as Hyesung felt uncomfortable but after the photographer given him tips, he did beautifully. 

Today is Saturday which meant it's a normal routine for Eric to jog in the evening at Han River. As he jogged, he saw a crew production who was preparing for a photo shoot. He was not so interested to know so he just passed by the location. Suddenly, he saw someone calling his name 'Eric-ah!' 

He turned around and saw Hyesung who was jumping while waving at him. He looked so happy seeing him there and once again, Eric's heart pounded when he saw Hyesung who was wearing a blue middle length shirt. He always like to see Hyesung wears something that is soft and sweet. He quickly shook his head because he planned to forget about him since the incident weeks ago. Ignoring his pounding heart, he just bowed and continued to jog. Few steps he jogged, he heard a scream.

'Ouch!' Eric turned around and saw Hyesung who fell from a small hill from the photo shoot location. It seemed like he wanted to go down to say hi to him. His heart dropped when he saw him crying in pain and quickly ran to him.

'What the hell Hyesung?! You shouldn't do that... It's dangerous!' Eric scolded.

'I just wanted to say hi... It's not my fault... It's the hill fault!' he whined.

Eric wanted to laugh at his behaviour but then he realised that he shouldn't be too open in front of him. Hyesung was still sobbing and unconsciously, Eric wiped the tears with his fingers. He lift him up and brought him back to the location. He saw Junjin who was ready with the first aid kit and said 'Luckily he didn't hurt himself, only few stretches... So I guess I can leave him with you'

Junjin just nodded and Eric gently put Hyesung down. Before he left, he looked at Hyesung and said 'Just don't do that again'

Junjin noticed there was a hint of sadness and care in Eric's eyes but he didn't know why. Soon after that, he disappeared from the site. Fortunately for Hyesung, he didn't notice anything and just said 'What a coincident right'. Junjin just nodded, not wanting to comment anything. After he healed Hyesung's scratches, they resumed the photo shoot.

Two days later...

'Where is he? Ugh, he asked me to wait him but he is nowhere to be found. If I saw him, he's gonna get it!' Junjin cursed. He had been waiting for Hyesung for nearly an hour but there was no sign of her. 

Then he saw Eric who was walking toward his motorbike. He knew that they haven't talked these past few days but maybe he knew something so Junjin decided to go to talk to him.

'Eric, wait up! Have you seen Hyesung anywhere?'

'No, why?'

'I've been waiting for him here for an hour now but he is nowhere to be found'

'Maybe he has already went back home. Have you tried calling him?'

'Yes but he didn't pick up. It's okay then, I'll just find him at home. Bye Eric' he said and left.

At office, Eric couldn't concentrate doing his work as he was distracted by Junjin's words just now. He had a bad feeling about this so he called Hyesung multiple of times but the younger guy didn't pick up. He then called Andy to ask about Hyesung as he didn't have Junjin's number. 

'Hey Andy, is Hyesung home?' he asked.

'No, we tried to call him but he didn't pick up. I have a bad feeling about this Eric'

'Yeah me too. It's okay, just keep a positive mind. I'll call you later' Eric said and hung up.

That evening, he pushed his feelings away and continued to do his work. At 8 pm, he was done with all his work. Even so, he was still worry about Hyesung. All the meetings just now, Eric wasn't paying attention and kept checking his phone hoping that Hyesung would call him back.

Then his phone rang. Before he could say anything, the caller spoke first.

'Eric... help me... I'm scared... I don't know where I am...' 

Immediately Eric knew who was the caller. 'Hyesung where are you?! Calm down! Tell me what you see around you!' Eric shouted worriedly. People stared at him weirdly but he didn't care at all. 

'Okay... I see a candy shop, Candy Crush... And a lot of houses and a high school... I'm scared Eric' Hyesung was crying loudly and Eric's heart hurt when he heard him cry. He wanted to go to him and hug him and be by his side just like how he was by his side. 

High school?

'Wait Hyesung, calm down... Please don't cry... Look at the high school... What high school?'

'Gang...' Before Hyesung could continue, Eric heard him screaming as if he was been dragged. Then nothing. No Hyesung. He couldn't hear his voice anymore.

His heart was beating anxiously and rode off his motorbike to go to Hyesung's house.

'Open the damn gate now!' Eric shouted when he arrived at Hyesung's house.

'Who are you? And what do you want?' the guard asked rudely.

'You bastard! You better open the gate before I crush the gate' he cursed. 

Then Eric had a cursing fight with the guard when the guard insisted that he won't open the gate. Then the gate opened and he saw Andy who walking down the hill. He quickly rode off, ignoring Andy and stopped right in front of the house and honked.

Then the door opened and saw Junjin who was looking at him weirdly.

'Is Hyesung's family home?' Eric asked.

'No, why? What's wrong?' Junjin said with darkened face. He knew something happened.

He jumped out from his motorbike and went inside the house. He had never been to her house and compare to his 'house', Hyesung's house was more fancy, it has more royalty touch. He knew that it was rude to just sit but he needed to sit to feel better. So he sat at the living room and Junjin appeared from behind.

'What happened?' he asked worriedly.

'Call Andy first' he said.

Few minutes later, Andy came and said 'What happened?'

After taking a few breath, he said 'Hyesung has been kidnapped. He called me just now and now I don't know where is he exactly because the bastard dragged him with him'

Then, he cried softly and mumbled 'Where is he, guys? I should've been there for him... His voice was trembling and he is scared...' 

Andy and Junjin were shocked to see his tears especially Andy. He rarely seen his best friend cried and the last time he cried was when his mother died.

After he was done crying, Junjin spoke up 'What should we do now? His family isn't here. Should we call the police?'

'No, don't! We have many bodyguards here so we don't need the police to get involved... Plus if the police get involved, the whole country will know about Hyesung's disappearance and we don't want that... It will also ruin Shin's family image and name... But if things get complicated, then we get the police involve' Andy explained.

'Right, we gather the bodyguards tomorrow and to start to look for her. Eric, we are going to find her okay' Junjin assured him. 

Next day, they went looking for him after Eric told them about his conversation with Hyesung. After spending hours looking for him, they still can't find him and Eric was getting anxious. At that evening, he received a text.

Come to a warehouse behind Manchester High School at 8 pm. Tell no one or he dies.

'Manchester High School?' Eric thought.

Then he told Junjin and Andy about it. Andy said that they needed backup so he will call the SWAT team for tonight.

That night...

Eric rode off with his motorbike while Junjin and Andy were in a SWAT van. He suddenly was reminded by Andy's words just now.

'Why does it have to be at our old high school?' Andy asked suspiciously.

'Coincident maybe' Eric said.

But Andy had a point. Why is it has to be around that area? And how does the person knows his number?

When he arrived at the warehouse, he saw Hyesung who was tied up on a chair. He looked so frightened but when he saw Eric, he immediately calmed down. Even though his mouth was also tied up, Eric knew that Hyesung was smiling genuinely at him. He ran up to him to untied him but suddenly he heard a voice.

'Move or I'll shoot him!' a voice said.

Eric immediately halted and he could sensed some men behind him. 'What do you want?' Eric said coldly.

'I want you. You, Eric Mun' 

Eric recognised the voice and his heart clenched. Soon a figure appeared from the shadow. Jessica.

'Why are you doing this?' Eric ask.

'Because this bastard stole you from me! I've been in love with you since high school and you never ever noticed me as someone more than friends! But I bear with it because I wanted to take things slowly... But then! This came and ruin everything!' Jessica said going hysteria.

'No, don't hurt him. He doesn't have anything to do with it. Please Jess, release him. Punish me instead' Eric sounded pleaded which made Jessica more mad.

'Why do you care about him so much?! He is nothing Eric! I'm better than him!' she screamed. Then she calmed down by breathing a few times. 'So do you have anything to say, Hyesung?' she said and untied the cloth on his mouth.

'Yah, you better release me you stupid idiot! It's not my fault that Eric doesn't like you! I swear after someone untied me, I will punch you right in the face!' Hyesung screamed with his spoilt brat attitude. He had calm down than before when he saw Eric because he knew that the guy in front of him will definitely save him.

Eric face palmed himself in his mind after Hyesung said that. 'That silly kid... Does he wants to get killed' Eric thought.

'Oh, no no no... Nobody is going to untie you instead, I will shoot you right in the head now' Jessica said and pointed her gun to his head.

'Stop! No! Please Jess, I'm begging you. Don't do this!' Eric begged.

'Too late Eric! I know that you love him and he loves you... And there's no way I'm letting him get you! So Hyesung, I give you one more chance... Any last word?' 

Hyesung stared at Eric right in the eyes and said 'Knowing you is something that I won't regret forever... Live happily Eric-ah... And you bastard, on the other hand, GO TO HELL'. Then Hyesung closed his eyes to prepare for his death.

One... Two... Three...

No trigger... No shotgun...

Hyesung carefully opened his eyes and saw Eric who was fighting with some men and when he looked beside him, he saw Jessica was lying there with Andy standing there.

'Hello, Sir Hyesung... Let me untie you' he said and untied the rope.

Hyesung was safe now. When Junjin saw Hyesung walking out from the warehouse, he immediately hugged him and cried. He was happy that his best friend is safe. Even though Hyesung was alright, he admitted to the hospital and stayed there for a few days. His family rushed from London to see him, they were so shocked of course. But after making sure that she's alright they continued their business trip. Hyesung was okay with it since at least her family visited her. 

On the other hand, Jessica was sent to jail for attempting murder. And when the police and Eric and Andy went to Jessica's house, the house was filled with Eric's pictures and Hyesung's but Hyesung's pictures were torn apart.

As for Eric, he and Hyesung haven't talked to each other since the kidnap incident. Hyesung tried to call and even texted him but he didn't reply at all. He tried to be normal and happy but Junjin knew that he was feeling sad. But Junjin knew that it was not his place to get involve and he was sure that had Eric has his own reasons.

'You will be discharged tomorrow Hyesung' Junjin said smiling.

'Thank God! I'm so bored staying here' he complaint.

'I'm done packing your clothes so...' Before Junjin could continued, someone knocked on the door.

Much to their surprise, it was Eric. 'I'll wait outside okay' Junjin said and squeezed his hand. Eric nodded his head as a thank you sign.

He grabbed a chair and sit. 'How are you feeling? Sorry I didn't call'

'Much better actually. What are you doing here?' Hyesung asked.

Hyesung missed to see him. How he wished he could hug the older guy right now.

'I'm here to talk. Don't say anything when I'm talking because I'm going to go all out' and Hyesung nodded. 

Then he continued 'I'm sorry that because of me, you got kidnapped. All this that happened is my fault. I should've been there for you when you were scared and needed someone. But I wasn't and I felt so guilty about it. I should've protect you but I didn't. I'm sorry. And about your confession... I felt really happy when you said you like me. But I think you should stop having feelings for me. I'm sorry Hyesung' 

Hyesung gently hold his hand and give him his most sincere smile 'Then what about your feeling? Do you like me?'

Eric is stunned by his question but immediately stood up and said 'You don't have to know Hyesungie. Let's just be friends and I hope you would find someone better'

Then he closed the door. Hyesung noticed that Eric's eyes were watery so he got out the bed and started looking for him but he was far in front. Hyesung saw something on the floor that Eric dropped it. He picked it up and realised that it was a bracelet with Eric's mum's name written on it.

That day he was determined that he was going to make Eric confess to him. Because he has fallen for him hard. And he has a strong feeling that Eric might like him back.

He called Eric and he thanked God that he picked up.

'What do you want?' Eric asked.

'Please don't think my kidnapping incident is your fault. Because it's not. Even you or anyone else, no one saw it coming and you didn't even know about it. Even without you being there, you were already protecting me by coming to the warehouse. Stop lying to yourself and me, Jake. I like you for who you are. And I'm gonna make sure that you like me back. No matter what!' Hyesung said with determination and he immediately hung up because he was shy and embarrassed.

Two days later, Hyesung decided to return his bracelet to his office. He got his office address from Andy and luckily Andy didn't question anything. Since Hyesung actually could drive, he decided to go to his office by his own. 

'Hello, where is Eric's office?' he asked at the reception.

'Mr Mun? Level 5 miss'

'Thank you' 

On level 5, he asked the workers there and they pointed to a room at the end of the corridor. Before he knocked, he saw the door was left opened. Then he heard Eric's voice inside so he to be nosy since he never heard Eric talked about work before. But much to his surprise, it wasn't business. Instead it was about him.

'What is wrong with you? You seem lifeless these past few days'

'I'm fine Minwoo. Now, can you please go so that I can continue my work'

'No way! You are going to tell me everything my dear friend. Is it about Hyesung that's bothering you' 

Hyesung sensed that it meant yes.

'Okay, let me ask you Eric. Do you like him?'

'No' Eric said. 

Hyesung felt a pang in his heart that it hurts so much but Eric's word after that made Hyesung wanted to jumped into the office. 'I love him... I've fallen for him. Hard'

'So what's the problem?'

'The problem is I'm not good enough for him. I can't even be there for him when he needed me. I can't protect him at all. So he deserves someone better. He is too perfect for me Minwoo'

'What makes you fall for him? Because I know that he's a difficult person to handle. Andy said okay, not me' 

Yah, this Andy! He will get it from me!

'Because he is difficult that makes me love him. With his immature and spoilt brat behaviour. How he would laugh even if it's about small things. I just love his perfect imperfections. That's why' Eric said.

Hyesung was so touched hearing that from Eric and unknowingly, he had tears in his eyes.

Don't worry, Eric Mun... I love you too...