Chapter 11

Love At College

 Next morning, Hyesung decided to stay home and study by his own. Luckily Junjin understood. For one week, he avoided Eric. His calls. His messages. Even when Eric went to college, he avoided him from far. Much to his dismay, it hurts him more and although he didn't cry a lot, he still had tears. Junjin saw him as a lifeless soul. Yes, Hyesung is still Hyesung but the feeling is different and Junjin kinda miss his annoying and spoilt prince attitudes.

'You know what? You, Shin Hyesung, need to get your together'

'What do you mean? I'm okay' he denied.

'I'll slap you if you say that. You cannot lie to me. I know better'

Hyesung just lowered his head without saying anything. Junjin sighed and suddenly an idea came.

'I know! I'm gonna set you up for a blind date' he said.

'What?! No!' 

'Yes, I'm gonna. Who knows that you will meet a better person during the blind date. And who knows that your feelings towards Eric is only a mere crush. Plus you never experience this before' Junjin explained.

The younger guy has a point and Hyesung decided to take the risk. Just to forget Eric. 'Fine, I'll do it' he said.

Junjin clapped his hand happily and said 'That's great! I'll give you the deets later'

Meanwhile...

Eric sighed at his office. Ever since Hyesung made his confession the other day, he couldn't sleep or do anything without thinking about it. He tried to reach out for Hyesung, call him, text him and even approach him but he avoided him. He knew that he shouldn't feel like this but his heart hurts. 

Yes, Eric felt the same. He likes Hyesung. The way he smile. His cuteness. His immature attitude. Just everything about him that Eric love. He falls for him from the first time he saw him. But he didn't expect that Hyesung will like him back. Just an ordinary guy without anything. He knows that he doesn't deserve him because he needs someone better than him and that he needs to forget about him from now.

'Eric... Hello?' a voice said.

Eric woke up from his daydream and saw Minwoo who was standing in front of him. 

'What are you doing? Let's go' Minwoo said and looked at his blur friend weirdly. 

He noticed Eric's changes few days ago. When he asked, Eric denied it and said everything is okay. Minwoo didn't believe him but didn't want to push him. But Minwoo knew that it must related to Hyesung because Eric didn't go to college anymore to check up on the project, he would ask his assistant to go.

So today they will hangout together with Andy to cheer him up hopefully. Plus they haven't meet each other for awhile now. Now they are sitting in a private restaurant that Minwoo booked. They are enjoying their late lunch and catching up with each other. Eric is being Eric, all cheerful and all but Minwoo knew that his soul is somewhere else. Eric constantly checked his phone to see whether he received text messages or calls.

'Thank god that we eat here... But I need to go in about an hour from now' Andy said glancing his watch.

'What? It's just been 3 hours since we sat down' Minwoo complaint. 

'Yeah I know... But I have work to do... And now, I'm just waiting for my boss' Andy said.

Eric wanted to ask Andy about Hyesung from the minute Andy walked into the private room but he didn't want to make it obvious. So he decided not to ask. Suddenly he heard Andy mentioned Hyesung name.

'What did you say about Hyesungie' Eric asked hurriedly.

'I say... He's having a blind date at a nearby restaurant...'

Eric was shocked to hear that and his face darkened. 'Blind... date?'

'Yeah, blind date... He never did that though...'

Didn't know why but Eric felt a pang in his heart and immediately he grabbed his jacket and went out. He didn't like to hear 'Hyesung' and 'blind date' in a same sentence. And he didn't believe that Hyesung would go to a blind date so he need to check it by himself.

'Dude where are you going?' Andy asked.

'Somewhere... I'll call you guys later... See ya!' Eric said and left.

After he left, Minwoo explained everything what happened to Andy. Andy just chuckled and said 'That's why he went for a blind date... All because of Eric'. Then Minwoo and Andy kept talking about stuff and continue to eat.

', what restaurant?' Eric cursed. He forgot to ask Andy and he didn't want to ask him now because he knew that Andy already knew everything because Minwoo told him. Before he go, he saw a smirk on Minwoo face and he knows that Minwoo knows where's he heading.

He looked around and search a potential restaurant. Then there, he saw Hyesung with a guy. Not very handsome though. He can see from Hyesung's facial expression that he wasn't comfortable with him and when he's uncomfortable, he will shake his leg. Eric immediately went inside to drag Hyesung out from the restaurant when he saw the guy was trying to make a move on him and try to make a skinship with him. 

'May I help you, sir?' a waitress asked. 

Eric ignored her and went straight to Hyesung's table with a serious and furious face. He grabbed Hyesung's wrist and make him stood behind him as if he was protecting him. Hyesung was shocked to see him hear but said nothing. 

Then Hyesung was more shocked to see Eric doing something that he never expected. He splashed a glass of water on his date's face and then Eric took a plate of spaghetti and pout it on top of the date's head. Everyone there and the date himself were so shocked and speechless to see Eric's action. 

'Don't you dare to touch him, you filthy bastard! And I don't want to see you and your face near him... If not, I would come to your room at night and I will slice you into pieces' Eric said coldly.

He dragged Hyesung out of the restaurant. Outside of the restaurant, Hyesung harshly let go of the grip.

'YAH, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! What are you doing here?!' Hyesung yelled. But somewhere deep inside his heart, he is glad to see Eric in front of him. 

'It's the other way round! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Do you know him? His background? His job? His family? His details? He can be a killer for all you know! Can't believe you actually went for a blind date.... And compare me and him, I'm way much better than him!' he scolded back.

'Who are you to ask me these questions?! And why would you want to know?!' he yelled. 

'Because I care about you, you idiot!' Eric shouted back and realised that he just said something that he wasn't suppose to be saying.

Hyesung was stunned when he heard Eric saying that. He didn't expect that he would care about him anymore. Constantly, he wasn't mad at Eric anymore. Before he could said something, Andy arrived at the scene. Andy was shocked to see Eric there and inside his heart, he was smirking at Eric who was grabbing Hyesung's shoulder. Realising that Andy was there, Eric immediately released his hand.

'Andy, you can send him home now. The blind date is over' Eric said looking away. 

Andy nodded and gestured to Hyesung to ask him to get into the car. Hyesung just kept quiet and did what he said. Before the car left, he glanced at the older guy who wasn't looking at him. Then he smiled as he remembers what Eric said to him. That night, he received a text from Eric. 

Don't you ever dare to go on blind dates again!!!

Hyesung just chuckled at the text but then he didn't know whether Eric actually likes him or just he being nice as a friend. Thinking about that made Hyesung sad as he didn't want Eric to see him as a friend. So he asked Junjin about it.

'So, what did he mean?' Hyesung asked at Junjin who was reading the text.

'Wow... He actually likes you Sung-ah...' Junjin grinned at him.

'How did you know?'

'Hmm by the fact that he actually came to your blind date, splash a glass of water and spaghetti, dragged you out, telling you that he cares about you and send a text saying that you're not allowed to go on blind dates? He totally likes you... More than friends... I mean a friend wouldn't do that right'

Hyesung nodded, Junjin had a point though. 'So what should I do?'

'Get your together... Be the old Hyesung that I know... And don't worry about a thing' Junjin grinned.