Chapter 1

Love At College

'Hey man, sorry I'm late' said a tall guy who just walked in into his office. 

'You and your lateness. I'm not surprised, Eric' said the other friend. He is a bit shorter but more muscular than Eric.

'Hey!' Eric was a bit insulted even though he knew he is not a punctual guy.

'I want you to take this. This is a huge deal for us. Don't mess it up' the friend said.

'Aww come on Minwoo! You know I don't like this place' he whined.

Eric Mun is a 25 years old architect who is working for his friend, Lee Minwoo. Okay, maybe not working 'for' but actually working 'with' him. Don't get fool by his age, he is actually co-CEO of Smith Johnson Company. He joined Minwoo who is 3 years his senior after he graduated at the age of 22. He is a genius when it comes to creativity and thinking skills, which is why he is perfect for the position. Although the company is still new, clients (most of them come from rich and wealthy background) would come to them for their service because of their perfect and neat work. This time it's from the principle from an elite college, he wants Eric and Minwoo to build a small building for the lecturers' office as the amount of lecturers there are increasing. And the reason Eric doesn't like the college is because someone he hates used to study there.

'That was years ago, he's not there anymore. Geez, get over it. You're being like a girl' Minwoo .

'What did you say?! Fine! I'll take it but it's only because I love this company' he said, looking away.

'That's my best friend' Minwoo grinned, he knows that when he teased his best friend a bit, Eric would surely agree.

'Luckily my friend works there now, so it will be easier for me. Hmm.... Let me see... Good! It doesn't take a long time to finish the building' Eric said after he read the file.

'So there should be no problem right? You call your friend and I want you to meet the principal tomorrow' 

'Nah I'll just gonna go to the college now since it's early' Eric said and make his way to the door. 

Before he opened it, he looked at his friend and said 'Don't be a lazy and just sit there doing nothing'

'Yah! Are you blind?! Can't you see these paperworks?!' Minwoo yelled and lift a stack of papers to show Eric.

Eric just laughed and closed the door. He really likes to tease his friend in an early morning like this. 

'What a great morning' Eric said and his motorbike's ignition.

After he parked his motorbike, he straight away meet the principle. They discussed about the project and Eric, being creative as usual, threw some ideas at the principle. After an hour and half, they ended the meeting. Eric took out his phone and dialled a number.

'Hey Jess. Guess where I am now?'

'Oh hey! Hmm you're at my college right'

'Eh?! How did you know?'

'Look behind you'

Eric turned and saw Jess, or her full name Jessica, who was waving at him. Eric smiled, he turned off the phone and walked toward her.

'Omg, hi! Long time no see' she said after hugging him. 

Eric and Jessica has been friends since high school but lost in touch during college. They exchanged numbers after they bumped into each other last year.

'How are you? Any boyfriend these days?' Eric . 

In high school, Jessica was famous as a heart breaker as she broke several hearts without any emotion. Yeah she was a heartless human being.

'Hahaha, very funny. That was years ago, I have changed okay' she laughed. 

'I was joking, sorry. So how was it so far? Working here?' I asked.

'You know how the students here' she sighed and I nodded.

Eric knew exactly what she meant. Since this is an elite college, only rich kids can study here and when he said 'rich kids', he really meant it. Most of the students here have a famous background and lead a rich life without having to worry about finance. Rich kids mean spoilt brats especially when you study here bc the lecturers and even the principal have no power against them. 

And don't even think about the college because IT IS FREAKING HUGE. It has all the facility that you need such as swimming pool, horse riding and much more. The classes are so big that you can held a wedding ceremony. 

'Talking about students, that guy is one of the difficult students here' Jessica pointed to a direction.

Eric turned and saw a pretty guy with dark brown hair. He bumped into someone and just walked away without looking back. Then he saw a guy with muscular body followed him from behind. Since the distance between them and Eric and Jessica was not far, he heard their conversation.

'Hyesung, stop it right there' the guy with muscular body sternly and immediately the guy halted.

He turned around and pretended nothing happened. 'I saw it you know' the guy said.

'Saw what? I didn't see anything' he denied while waving his hands saying no.

'I'm not blind Hyesung. I saw it, so don't bother lying' he said softly but can hear a stern voice in it.

'But it's not my fault!' he pouted. To Eric, that was the cutest pout he ever saw. Out of the sudden, he could feel an electric shock in his body.

'Still, you could've said sorry but no you don't. And can't you see him holding lots of books, you could've made way but again you don't' he explained like a mother.

'But...' he tried to argue but stopped when he saw a glare from the other guy.

'Ugh, fine Junjin! You win!' he said and stomped his feet.

Eric looked at the guy named Hyesung who was walking towards the guy and bent down on his knees. He helped him with his books and placed them on his hand. He then bowed and said insincerely 'I'm sorry for not making way for you to walk'

'Don't bow, Lord Hyesung. It's my fault!' the guy said immediately, bowed and walked away fast.

'There, I said it. Happy now Junjin? But I really hate it when they call me Lord, they could've just call me Hyesung. No big deal, geez' he complained.

'There there, no need to make a big deal out of it. You are the Lord of Shin family after all. Now let's go or else you will be late for your class' Junjin said and walked away.

'Yah, wait up!' Hyesung yelled and ran to him.

Eric knew what kind of guy he is by looking at him. How he dressed, his appearance, how he talked and walked.

'His name is Shin Hyesung and he is the most difficult student I've ever met. He is really a spoilt brat and act like a prince all the time. But maybe it's because he actually has royalty blood who knows. His assistant would do everything for him here and that's why sometimes I pity the assistant' 

'That was his assistant?!' Eric asked shockingly.

'Yeah, why?' she looked at her friend weirdly.

'Nothing' he shrugged. The fact that he listened to his assistant makes Eric more shocked because most of the students here treat their 'assistant' like a slave. 

'You know who is he right?' Jessica asked.

Eric shook his head and Jessica sighed 'The fact that you also come from the same rich background makes me can't understand you even more'

Yes, Eric comes from the same background like these students but it's just that Eric doesn't want to talk about it. 'Haha, I don't pay attention. Enlighten me then' he said. Although Jessica is his friend, they never talked about Eric's background because they are not very close in high school.

'He is the only son in Shin family. He has a royalty blood as his great great great grandmother was the queen of Manchester. He is a spoilt brat since he is the only child in the family and the assistant you saw earlier has been working for him for a long time now. No one dares to touch him or even fight against him bc he has the power. Unfortunately for the society, he can't do a single thing by his own and that's why he needs his assistant by his side 24/7. One thing about his though is that he has the look but not the brain'

'Not the brain?' Eric asked.

'He is one of the worst students here. If you see his results, you would be speechless. So many red marks! That what makes his the difficult student as he needs to graduate as soon as possible before he turns 23 next year. He only needs to pass one two more level to graduate'

'Oh I get it' Eric commented short. He wanted to ask what changed as the fact that Hyesung has two levels to go to graduate which means that he is actually a brilliant student.

'So, when are you going to start your work?' Jessica changed the subject.

'I'll come back tomorrow with the plan and will discuss about it with the principal more' he explained.

'Oh okay then. Damn! I need to go now, I'm late. See you next time Eric!' she said as she glanced at her watch. She walked off after she waved goodbye at him.

Next day...

Eric had discussed about the plan with the principal, so now he could proceed with the plan drawn on blueprint. He is now standing in front of a piece of land. He took a few steps back to see a better view so that he could imagine clearly. Suddenly he can feel his back hit someone.

'Ouch!' a voice behind him said painfully.

He turned behind and saw Hyesung who was already fell onto the ground. He immediately bent down and looked at him. He is mesmerised by his natural beauty (his milky soft skin). He looked at Hyesung's knee which is bleeding and looked back at him only to show that he is in pain.

'Wait here' Eric said and walked off. Few minutes later, he came back with a first aid kit and a mineral water in his hand.

'This is going to hurt a bit' he said.

He opened the mineral water and cleaned Hyesung's bleeding knee. He winced as he grabbed Eric's shoulder softly and Eric could see tears forming in the corner of Hyesung's eyes. Unconsciously, he wiped his tears and continued doing his job ; he immediately bandaged his knee. He helped his stood up and said 'I'm sorry, I didn't notice that you were behind me. I am really sorry'. He really didn't want to get into trouble on the first day of work at the college. If not, Minwoo would kill him!

'Yah, you should be careful next time! You cannot just bump into people all you want! People would get hurt, just like me! This is going to be your fault Mr!' he yelled in an angry tone. 

Then he looked down to his bandage knee and pouted and said with sadness 'What do I do now? It will be scarred for life' Eric panicked when he looked at him who was about to cry.

'Hyesung!' someone yelled and both Eric and Hyesung looked at one person who was running toward them.

'Where have you been?! And what's wrong with your knee?' the guy asked and Eric immediately recognised her as Junjin.

'Junjiiiiin' Hyesung immediately hugged him. 

'I accidentally bumped into him just now and he fell but don't worry though. It's just scratches. I am so sorry for my action' Eric apologised.

Junjin seemed to understand the situation and he said 'There, you heard this guy. Only scratches, not deep scars. It's not bleeding much so don't worry. The red blood cell was clotting your wound so...' 

Before he could continue, he was cut off by Hyesung who continued his sentences by explaining his injured knee using biology words which Eric didn't understand at all. He is amazed at his choice of words as he explained it with very much details. How can the guy in front of him is one of the difficult students here? He doesn't seem to believe it. 

'You should be careful next time! Look with your eyes, not your nose!' Hyesung scolded Eric with a frown look.

He turned his back away and started walking off and his assistant hurriedly followed him behind. But then he stopped and turned his back towards Eric. Eric looked at him with a blank look and became nervous as he is scared he might get scolded again. Much to his surprise, Hyesung bowed to him and shouted 'Thank you for bandaging my knee, I really appreciate it' and soon walked off again.

He froze for a couple of seconds and get back to reality. Did he just say thank you to him? He kept looking at him who is now all smiling and laughing with his assistant. The sun shines on Hyesung's silky hair and Eric could see his slender body from behind. Seeing that sight made him smile as well. 'He is truly an interesting guy' he thought.