Chapter 4

Love At College

Days have passed and Eric continued to do his other projects and once in awhile, he comes to the college to check up on the main project. He hasn't seen the younger guy in awhile now and he kinda misses him. While he was walking back to his motorbike, he saw Hyesung and Junjin at a study compound near the garden.

Hyesung was just doing nothing while Junjin was writing notes on her test pad. Eric just sighed and mumbled 'How is he going to score if he's not doing anything' when Eric saw Huesung who was just lying his head on the table and constantly disturbing his friend who was studying. Eric can see that Junjin scolded him and he on the other hand, just pouted and put his head on the table.

Then their eyes met each other and Hyesung flustered to see him standing there. So he immediately pretended to be studying by reading a book and constantly glancing at the older guy. Eric just chuckled at his cuteness when he saw that he was reading the book upside down. He signalled him to say that he was reading the book wrongly and walked away while still chuckling. Before he rode off, he glanced at Hyesung who was embarrassed at his action. 'Can't wait to see his results' Eric mumbled and rode off.

Next day... 

Eric was walking pass the study compound and saw Hyesung who was sitting alone at the same place like yesterday. He is lying down on the table looking frustrated. Wanting to know what was wrong, he went up to him and sit in front of him. Eric tapped the table softly so that Hyesung knew his existence. 

He looked up and mumbled tiredly 'This is your fault!' and pouted.

'Hahaha, what's wrong? I just sat here... And don't you have class to attend to? Or are you sneaking out again?' Eric said smirked.

'I have but it starts in 2 hours... Now I'm studying but I'm just so frustrated... I give up!' Hyesung yelled frustrated.

'Hyesungie, relax... Take a deep breath... Wanna tell me what's wrong?' 

'I don't know how to solve these questions. I've spent an hour trying to figure out how to do it' he whined.

'What's this? Oh maths is it? I think I know.... Let me see...' Eric said and took his book and analysed it. He was shocked to see the questions that he didn't know.

'How can you not know how to do these questions but managed to answer the difficult ones?' he asked shockingly. 

'It's hard okay... Don't judge!' he glared at Eric.

'It is basic! How can you not know how to do the basics' he argued.

'Yah! Are you going to help or not?!' he pouted.

'Hahaha sorry sorry. Fine I'll help you okay' Eric said calmly. 

He began to teach Hyesung step by step and fortunately for him, Huesung is a fast learner. Hyesung on the other hand, asking Eric more questions even though he already knows how to do them.

'So do you understand how to do it now?' Eric asked after he finish his 'quick' lesson.

Hyesung nodded and said 'I do now, thank you Eric-ah!'

'When is your exam?' he said while staring at the guy who is doing the questions.

'In two days...' Hyesung said and glanced at his watch and was shocked to see it was 1:50 pm. 'Damn it! Eric, I have to go now... Thanks for the tutoring by the way' Hyesung said and made his way to his class. 

'Yah, don't forget about our challenge! I'll be waiting and good luck!' he shouted at him.

'I never forget!' Hyesung yelled back.

After his exam week...

'Yeah okay, I'll try to ask around, Jess. Don't worry' Eric said.

Jessica needed help for pet sitting because she will be working abroad for 1 week. Eric wanted to help but unfortunately he also doesn't have the time to take care of her cat. 

While they were talking, Eric could feel someone was tugging his shirt him. He turned back and was shocked to see Hyesung who was standing and angel-like smiling at him. He looked at Jessica who was also stunned.

'Hey Jess I'll talk to you later okay' Jake said. The poor girl just nodded and left.

Eric looked at Hyesung who looked like he was dying to tell him something. He smiled and asked 'Yes, Prince Hyesungie... What can I help you with?'

'This!' he squealed happily and handed him a piece of paper. Eric took the paper and observed it. While reading it, he grinned and looked at him proudly.

'You did it! I am so proud of you!' Eric said proudly.

Hyesung stopped smiling because he was quite stunned. Eric looked at him sudden change and asked him worriedly 'Hey what's wrong? Are you okay?'

'You said that you are proud of me. Are you sincerely proud of me?' he asked softly and innocently like a child.

Eric understood and gently patted Hyesung's hair. 'I'm not proud... I am VERY VERY proud... You proved me wrong and I hope that you continue to work hard to achieve good results... So is this mean I can come to your graduation day?' he asked.

'Eh?! You want to come to my graduation day?' Hyesung widened his eyes. He didn't expect that Eric said that. Somewhere in his heart, he was overwhelmed.

'If you don't want me to come, it's okay. I'm cool with it' Eric said, embarrassed when he said it but nevertheless, he meant what he said.

'No! I want you to come. Please' he said softly. He could feel that he was blushing. 

'Promise?' Jake asked cheekily and pointed his pinky finger to Hyesung.

'Pinky promise!' he chuckled.

', I need to go now! I have to see Junjin... Bye Jake!' Hyesung waved him goodbye. 

'Do you want me to walk with you? You know, since I'm heading the same direction' Eric said while looking away. He blushed and mentally slapped himself for saying embarrassing things.

'I would love that' the younger guy said smiling.

They walked towards the parking lot and talked about Eric's existence at the college.

'So, why are you here?' Hyesung asked.

'I am an architect and I'm helping the principal to build a lecturers' offices' 

'Ohhh so you are the one that people talk about' he said while nodding. 

'What did they say about me?' 

'That we have a pretty hot architect in this college... I tried to ask Junjin about it but he doesn't know who'

'I know I'm hot' he joked.

'Hmph, such a full of yourself! But I don't think you are though' he said seriously.

Eric was a bit hurt by his words, unconsciously he asked with a bit angry tone 'Why? Am I not good enough for you?' 

Damn it Eric! Why did you have to say that with that kind of tone. And why did you have to care about what he said.

Hyesung stopped him and stood in front of him and make a smiley face on his face. 

'You are more good looking if you smile more. When I see you from far, you seemed troubled and sad. I don't want that, so please smile a lot. Okay?' he smiled with his puppy eyes.

Suddenly Eric's heart was beating fast. Nevertheless, hearing something nice coming from Hyesung makes his heart flutters and all his anxious and worries gone.

'Okay' he said softly.

They saw Junjin who was waiting for Hyesung at the parking lot. 

'Junjin-ah, this is the architect that people talk about. His name is Eric!' Hyesung  introduced Eric to Junjin.

Eric was a bit blushed with his introduction so he looked away. 'Well I must admit that what they said is true, you are indeed a good looking guy'

'Hmm... hahaha, thanks I guess' Eric gave an uneasy laugh.

'Junjin-ah, look at this!' Hyesung showed Junjin his results. He took it and read. Then, he hugged Hyesung tightly and said 'Aww, I'm so proud of you Sung-ah!'

'Hehe thank you. Eric helped me with maths though' he gave the older guy credits.

'It's nothing, really. It's all on you' Eric said shyly.

'So I'm guessing that he was the one who challenged you' he smirked and Hyesung just nodded. 

Junjin brought his face to Eric and whispered 'I don't know how did you do but thanks'. Eric just bowed as a welcome sign and smiled.

'Let's go Hyesung, we're going to celebrate' Junjin said and entered the car.

'Oh okay... See you later Eric. Bye!' he said and went inside the car.