Chapter 5

Love At College

'I hate you, Junjin! I really do!' Hyesung shouted on the phone. 

'I'm sorry but I swear that I will come to the event as soon as possible' Junjin tried to persuade his friend.

That night, Junjin has some student meeting with other student councils regarding about the horse riding competition that is coming up. And being the vice-student, he couldn't just abandoned his work.

'Yeah yeah whatever... Like I can trust you' Hyesung said with such sarcasm.

'I promise you... I would come okay! Just promised me that you won't sneak out' 

'What if I will?' he threatened.

'Remember, this is to help unfortunate children who have been abused... And you don't want people to talk bad about you for not going...' Junjin kept babbling to Huesung till the slender guy put his phone away from his ears. 

He can't stand it when Junjin nagged like an ahjumma.

'Okay okay okay! Stop nagging will ya?! Just finish you work fast and come here!' he sighed. 

Hyesung knows that he can't argue with Junjin anymore. So he will accept his 'horrible' fate for tonight.

At the event...

Hyesung knew that he wouldn't like being there. Not because of the event, he likes it honestly. He likes the interior design and decorations but most importantly, he likes being at charity events. To help those unfortunate people.

Hyesung decided to sit at the corner of the table so that people won't bother him. But unfortunately being a 'prince', people would actually notice him. They would walked up to him and tried to make conversations. 

'Hyesung, long time no see!' a girl squealed happily.

'This is my number... Call me maybe?' a guy winked. 

'Can't believe that I would actually meet you here today... Gosh, you are hot!' a girl with short hair said.

Hyesung just smiled and chuckled awkwardly to them because he didn't even know who they are. Hyesung is so beautiful/hot that girls and even guys have a crush on the slender guy. Hyesung feel proud of himself for being beautiful/hot that he always have a fling with people and goes on dates. However, he never has a legit relationship in his life because to him, he hasn't find 'the one'.

2 hour later...

Hyesung sighed in relieve that people have stop bothering him. He looked around to look for his friend but he was nowhere there. He sighed and unlocked his phone. He wanted to call Junjin but having the thought of Junjin who was busy, he just locked his phone back.

The charity event has started and much to his surprise many people attended the event. Hyesung was sitting alone until someone next beside him and said.

'Feeling lonely?' a voice said.

Hyesung looked up to see the owner's voice and was shocked to see Eric who was grinning. Hyesung noticed that he was wearing a suit with a navy blue shirt inside.

Gosh, how can he look so dashing?! Hyesung thought and by just looking at Eric, Hyesung blushed and his heart skipped a beat.

'Hello? Earth to Hyesungie??' Eric waved his hand in Hyesung's face.

Hyesung quickly snapped from his thoughts and looked at the older guy.

'What are you doing here?' Hyesung said while looking down. 

He didn't want Eric to see him blushing as he feared that Eric would look at him weirdly.

'Nothing, just enjoying the party' he simply said. 

He noticed that the younger guy didn't look at him and just kept looking down. Sensing that Hyesung might be uncomfortable with him or embarrassed or even afraid that people might see them together, he quickly said 'I guess that I should go now... I don't want to ruin your mood at this party' and stood up smiling faintly.

But when he was about to go, Hyesung immediately grabbed Eric's hand.

'Don't go! Stay...with...me... I'm bored and I'm alone. Junjin isn't here to accompany me' he mumbled softly.

Eric was happy to hear him say that, so he sat down and asked 'Where is he?'

'Student council affairs... I swear to God I would kill the people who make Junjin working so hard... I would make them suffer and give them a lot of work to do!' he cursed.

'Hey, relax Hyesungie... I'm here, so don't worry... Plus you won't feel lonely with this hot guy sitting next to you' he smirked and pointed his finger to him as a refer to 'this hot guy'.

'You such a full of yourself!' Hyesung scoffed.

While they were talking comfortably, someone interrupted them.

'I can see that my guests are having a good time' a voice said from behind.

'Oh great, he's here' Hyesung and Eric mumbled very softly at the same time.

Hyesung tried to keep his calm face even though he wasn't comfortable with the owner's voice. Eric on the other hand, darkened his face as he didn't like the guy standing up and was smirking at Eric.

'This is a lovely charity event, Kangta-sshi' Hyesung tried to shrug off the uncomfortable feeling but failed.

'Thank you, my beautiful Prince' Kangta said and kissed Hyesung's hand.

Eric frowned when he looked at the scene in front of him. He felt a pang in his heart and unknown to him, he was feeling jealous. He tried to control his facial expression so he just clenched his fist under the table.

'You don't have to call me Prince... Just Hyesung'

'I don't want to... You really do look like a prince and I'm just being a gentleman here' Kangta whispered into Hyesung's ears.

Hyesung just froze in his seat but snapped out after hearing Eric's mumbling. Even though it was soft but he and Kangta could heard Eric.

'Too bad you're not gentleman enough' Eric mumbled with a frown on his face. He felt like he wanted to kill the guy in front of him for whispering such a thing to Hyesung.

'I can see that you know this guy, Hyesung' he smirked at Eric.

'Well, that is for me to know, for you to guess... And since this is a Frost's family's event, I think you should entertain those ty girls who were drooling over you' he hissed again.

'Oh my! Are you jealous Hyesung?' Kangta said with a 'shock' face.

'Please, I don't have time to be jealous... It's just that they look pathetic' Hyesung scoffed.

Kangta leaned to Hyesung and said softly but loud enough for Eric to hear.

'Don't worry prince... Eventually you will fall for me' Kangta winked and continued 'One advise though ; It's better for you to stay away from him... If you don't want your life to be miserable' he smirked at Eric before walking away. 

Eric and Hyesung froze in their seat. Minutes later, they asked at the same time 'How did you know him?' and they both laughed at their question.

'Prince first' Eric said and showed a gesture where you always do when you meet royalties.

'Hmm... Well we went to the same high school and college... I don't know why but since high school, he constantly said that he likes me and that he will make me fall for him... So yeah, that was how I know him' Hyesung chuckled and continued 'I bet you feel disgusted by now... A guy likes a guy'

'NO! Don't say that, I don't feel like that... Not one bit... My guy friend has a boyfriend and I'm okay with it' Eric said and mentioned about Minwoo's relationship with his boyfriend of 5 years, Dongwan.

'And what do you think of that?' Hyesung asked. 

He really wanted to know how Eric would feel if a guy likes him. Maybe it's because he realised that he started to like the guy in front of him even though they've known each other for just 2 weeks. To him, everything about Eric makes him attracted to the older guy.

'I'm completely straight but... Honestly, I don't mind if my other half is a guy because he is destined to be mine... What about you?' Eric looked at Hyesung.

'I'm straight as a ruler too but as you said, I don't mind too... Because what matters is what's on the inside... The pure and innocent love between two people'

'Not like Kangta?' Eric asked.

Eric wanted to know about Hyesung's feelings towards Kangta. He could feel that his blood will boiled if the younger guy likes Kangta. Kangta doesn't deserve Hyesung because Hyesung is different... And special... 

The way he speaks 

How his angelic voice makes Eric shivers down the spine

How he makes Eric's heart skipped a beat whenever he smiles at Eric

All about Hyesung is ... Perfect. No, beyond perfect.

'What?! No way! Omg, you talk rubbish Eric-ah' Hyesung denied and cringed by the thought of him liking Kangta. 

'Why not? He's hot and charming and most importantly, he's one of the eligible bachelor in this country... The girls here only come to this event only because they wanted to see and talk him...' Eric said and mumbled softly 'Plus, compare him and me, he is on a much higher level'

'He's not my type... At all... The love and affection that he shows is fake'

Don't get him wrong but Hyesung seriously see no charm in Kangta. In fact, he thinks that Eric is much more, far better than Kangta. 

Speaking of Kangta and that Hyesung was at Frost's event, he shared a story that he never told anyone before. Even Junjin.

'Wanna hear a story? I never told anyone before'

'Sure' Eric smiled.

'When I was 18 years old, I went to Kangta's house for some event involving my family, his and others VVIP. I was alone at that time and I couldn't find Junjin to play with. When I was roaming around the garden, I saw someone on a balcony. He was strumming his guitar but he looked like he dazed out. Then he started playing a song and I could feel sadness in the song. But I was mesmerised by his skills and song, it was beautiful. After he finished playing with his guitar, he saw me who was staring at him. He smiled at me weakly but quickly went inside. I could see more sadness and emptiness in his eyes. I wanted to knocked on his door but unfortunately I had to go home. In the car, I asked my parents and they only said that maybe he was Frost's another son. I asked more questions but they just scolded me for being nosy about other people's businesses. That was the day I first saw him and the last. I haven't saw him since' Hyesung ended his story with a bitter smile and then he chuckled.

Eric's eyes widened, couldn't believe what he just heard. It was Hyesung?!

After he snapped out from his daze after a few minutes, he asked 'So... You don't know who he is?'

'Nope but I still want to know about him... Do you know him by any chance?' Hyesung asked.

Eric smiled 'Matter in fact, I do'

Hyesung's eyes widened. 'Really? Where? What's his name? Is he here?' Hyesung asked eagerly. Hyesung felt like he needed to see the guy who he met 4 years ago.

Eric smiled wider and said 'You are talking to him right now... Hello, I'm Eric Mun but I used to be Eric Frost'

Yes, Eric remembers about that day. He was so sad that day because his mum's condition was getting worse. He felt like he needed to get some fresh air so he went outside and played with his guitar. After playing, he saw a guy down at the garden. The guy looked so beautiful and innocent. But being a shy kid, Eric just smiled weakly and went inside. After gathering his courage to talk to him, he went outside only to find the garden's scenery. The guy is not there. Eric must've thought that it was his imagination because he was too sad and tired. But it's not! It was real! And the guy was Hyesung! Shin Hyesung! 

'What?! So you are a Frost?!' Hyesung yelled loudly that made people stared at him weirdly. 

'I was... Now I'm Eric Mun, I used my mum's surname' 

'May I ask why?' Hyesung asked carefully not wanting to hurt Eric's heart.

'Because I hate being a Frost. My father cheated on mum for a long time and that he has a new family, way before I was born. He gave mum and I the lamest reason ever which was he wanted a little bit of competition for whom going to be the next of throne. I don't know why but my mum forgave him and pretended nothing happened. She said she forgave him because she loved him but unfortunately, she died when I was 20 years old. After her funeral, Kangta and his mum moved into the household and that day was the day I hated being a Frost. Right after the funeral! Can you imagine that?! After that, I moved out. I changed my surname and I did everything so that I could forget being a Frost. I hate my father but I still respect him as he didn't marry to Kangta's mother. Even now. He said that he can't because he loved mum so much. At least I know that he still loves mum even though she's dead' 

Eric didn't know why but he felt that he could tell Hyesung everything without Hyesung judging him at all. He felt relieved after telling him about his family history. Unknown to him, tears are forming in the corner of his eyes. He felt Hyesung's hand squeezed his hand and his other hand wiped his tears away. Eric looked at Hyesung and he gave him the most beautiful smile Eric had ever seen. Only with his smile, Eric knew that Hyesung tried to say 'Everything happens for a reason'

'Have you eaten anything yet?' Eric changed the topic of their conversation.

'Not yet, I'm waiting for the line to reduced but seeing that guy there, there will be a long line for a long time' Hyesung pointed to the food line and sighed.

Eric saw Kangta was flirting with some girls, so he turned to Hyesung and said 'I'll take it for you. Wait here okay'

Hyesung just nodded and saw Eric making his way to the food line. He saw that Eric and Kangta were having a conversation and he saw a smirk on Kangta's face and caused Eric to darkened his face with a frown. That just made Hyesung's blood boiled especially after he heard Eric's story. 

Calm down, Hyesung... Calm down... Breathe in... Breathe out...

After a few minutes, Eric came back with food. The whole night they talked, laughed and have a good time together. Hyesung had secretly texted Junjin not to come as he knew that Junjin would be tired from the meeting and unknown to everyone, another reason was that he wanted to spend time with Eric. 

At nearly 12, they bid goodbye as Hyesung's transport had arrived. Before he went, he exchanged numbers with Eric.

'Eric-ah, give me your phone' Hyesung demanded.

'Why?' Eric asked weirdly.

'Just give me!' he demanded again.

'And if I don't?' he teased.

'FINE!' Hyesung pouted looking away.

Eric laughed at his cuteness and just gave his phone to the pouted guy. 

'Nah'

'Yay, thank you!' Hyesung took his phone and then a few minutes later, he gave the phone back to its owner.

'What did you do?' Eric asked.

'Put a bug to make sure that I can spy on you' he joked.

Eric leaned forward and whispered in Hyesung's ear 'Are you that obsessed with me?'

'Y-yah! Don't be cocky please...' Hyesung blushed. 'I punched in my number so that you could call me if you need someone to hear your problems' Hyesung shyly said looking away. 

'Really? Thank you Hyesungie...' Eric said grinning like a mad man. 

He wanted to ask for the younger guy's number but he was afraid. He didn't want Hyesung to think he's a freak. And somewhere in his heart, he was grateful to meet Hyesung that night. He felt like that night was most probably one of the best days Eric could ever had.