Chapter 8

Love At College

That night, Eric went to his 'house' to celebrate his father's birthday. Even though he hates his father, he still respects him. His plan for tonight is to eat, wish his father 'happy birthday' and left.

During dinner, the whole family was having a pleasant conversation except for Eric. He had been quiet as he didn't want to join it. 

Suddenly Kangta asked 'I heard that you have a project at my college... I'm sure that you know Hyesung studies there'

! How does he know?!

'My junior saw you with him' Kangta said as if he knew what was in Eric's mind.

'You mean Shin Hyesung?! You know him?!' Kangta's mother interrupted.

'You didn't tell me about that, son' Eric's father said.

'I don't need to' Eric said coldly and continued to eat his dinner.

'Are you guys in a relationship or something?' Kangta smirked.

'No, I'm straight' Eric glared at the older guy. 

'I thought so too. I really like that guy, Hyesung's really interesting.... Even if he's a guy, he likes feminine things such as flowers especially roses, poetries' Kangta said.

At that time, Eric felt like he wants to stab Kangta countless of times. Unknown to Eric, he feels jealous. So jealous that he clenched his fist hard.

'You are such a gentleman, son' Eric's father, Mr Mun praised and that made Eric even mad to the extent he clenched his jaws.

Kangta saw that and he continued 'He looks really cute when he blushed... And since you guys are not together.... I think it's okay for me to take him as mine. Right?' Kangta continued to smirk.

Eric didn't say anything but he just stared at Kangta who was still smirking. If his glare is a death ray, Kangta would be dead in a second. He clenched his fist so hard that his knuckles turned white.

'Aigooo, so proud of you Kangta-sshi. My son is certainly a gentleman. Eric, you should learn from him and smile more. People don't like that you know. If your mother is alive, she would scold you for being a moody person. What happened to you though? You used to be so cheerful' Kangta's mother said sarcastically.

Eric couldn't stand it anymore! He hit the table hard that the whole house, the maids and butlers were startled. He stood up and said coldly like an emotionless person 'Don't you dare to speak ill of my mother! You are on a different level with her. And for your information, I am much BETTER than him. At least I'm not banging on girls whenever I want!' 

Then he turned to Eric who was stunned 'And you bastard, he likes white lily. Not roses! Dad, happy birthday and I hope I won't have to come here again!'

Eric stormed off and exited the house with a loud 'bang' on the door. He was so pissed at Kangta's mother for bringing up his mother's name and as for Kangta, Eric hates him more. Eric doesn't want to go home yet because he needs to get some fresh air. He decides to go to Han River to release his stress. After he parked his motorbike, he sat at a bench secluded from people. There were not many people there as it is already late (10:00 pm). Checking his surroundings and there were not many people, he started screaming and starting to unload his frustrations.

'YOU BASTARDS!! YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW!!'

'MY MUM DESERVES TO LIVE!! NOT YOU!!'

After ranting for 15 minutes, he sat down. He took out his phone and searched for a number. After a moment of hesitation, he dialled the number. Eric doesn't know why but he needs to hear 'his' voice.

'Hello!' Hyesung said after he picked up the phone. 

'Hey' Eric calmly.

He misses to hear Hyesung's heavenly voice... The voice who could calmed him in seconds... The voice that made his heart beat...

'Why didn't you call before?' Hyesung said but a little but of whining.

Eric could sensed that he pouted. He knew that he never call Hyesung before but it was just because he was scared and shy. He was afraid that Hyesung might think he's a creeper and weird. 

'The timing was bad... Hmm... What are you doing?' he asked.

'I'm just taking a stroll to get some fresh air... Are you okay? You sounds sad.... Where are you Eric?' Hyesung asked. He could sensed a change of voice in Eric's voice.

'I'm just hanging at Han River'

'Really?! I'm here too!'

'Where are you?!' Eric stood up to look for any sign for him. 

'I don't know but I'm passing by the exercise machines here' Hyesung explained.

Eric walked and walked hoping to find him. 

He wanted to see him... 

To see his face... 

His smile... 

Then he stopped and closed his phone. There Hyesung was, standing in front of him, wearing a suit that matched his skin tone.

Eric saw him smile as he waved hi to him. Eric ran up to him and hugged him tightly. 

'Eric-ah, people are staring' Hyesung carefully said. He can see weird stares from people around them. Well who doesn't? Two guys are hugging in the middle of Han River.

'I don't care... Why? Do you care?' 

'No, I don't' Hyesung smiled and hugged him back.

'Good... Let's stay like this for awhile' Eric said. Hyesung just nodded.

They hugged for a few minutes. Eric felt calm when he was in Hyesung's embrace and all his thoughts and angers were gone. Hyesung on the other hand, was blushing slightly as he could felt Eric's hot breath on his neck. His heart was pounding so hard that he was afraid that Eric's could hear them too.

Then, Eric pulled back from the embrace and gestured Hyesung to sit down on a bench.

'Are you okay?' Hyesung asked when they sat down.

Eric just kept quiet because he wasn't ready to talk. Meanwhile, Hyesung kept holding his hand and squeezed it gently. He smiled with sincerity as an assurance that whatever happened, everything will be okay. Eric felt lighter even without him saying a word. 

Suddenly he broke down and cried. He tried to hold on to his tears because he didn't want Hyesung to see him as a weak guy. But he couldn't as he thinks about his mother. He cried and buried his face on his hands. 

'I...miss...my...mum, I miss her so much! How can she left me on this earth alone. Why?! You know how hurt I was when I heard that my father has another child! Mum always said that she was gonna be by my side! But what happened now?! Why must she be dead?! Why her?!' 

As Eric unloads his frustrations, Hyesung touched his face and wiped his tears. Then, Eric put his head onto Hyesung's shoulder.

'Shhh... Everything is going to be alright.... From now, I will be the one who's gonna be by your side.... Shin Hyesung' he said calmly. 

Then Hyesung hugged him tightly from the side and started humming some melody. Eric loves his lovely voice as he felt so much calmer. He closed his eyes to enjoy the humming. After he truly calmed down, he sat and stared at Hyesung who is smiling innocently at him.

'I must look like a weak guy right now' Eric just chuckled softly and looking down.

'Nope! I think you are a strong guy.... A really really strong guy' Hyesung said.

And they kept on talking till Eric noticed that Hyesung was wearing some formal clothes. 'Why are you wearing like this?' he asked.

'I came from a wedding. A friend's sister's actually, so I got bored and started walking here. The hotel isn't far from here though' 

'So in other word, you sneaked out again?'

'Hey! I would call it as going out, not sneak out!' Hyesung said and looked away because he knew that he is sneaking out now.

Then he looked at Eric who was dialling a number. 'What are you doing?' Hyesung asked but Eric shushed him.

'Hey Andy, I just wanna say that Hyesungie is with me.... So don't worry okay, I will send him home immediately.... Oh okay... Talk to you soon man...' Eric said and engaged the phone.

'Just don't want them to be worrying about you' Eric said.

Since today is Friday, both of them didn't have work and class so they have the weekend by themselves. That night they strolled by the park and kept on talking.

'Even though my mum is dead, I'm lucky to have someone who actually loves me as a family member'

'Who?' Hyesung asked. She knew that Eric hates everyone who lives in his 'house'.

'My grandfather. Wanna meet him this Sunday?' Eric grinned.

'Really? I would love that!' Hyesung nodded excitedly. But then he stopped and looked at Eric weirdly 'But you never talk about him'

'Yeah I don't. He is my dad's father and he lives at an old folk home. But I'm not sure that you would like the place'

'I'm okay with that, don't worry' Hyesung said confidently even though he never been to one. 'But why didn't he live at your father's house? I know that the Frost family has a huge house compound' he asked.

'Well let's just say that he loves my mum more than my father and it's like a gesture saying that he hates what my father did to my mum and that my father let Kangta and his mother stay at the house' Eric explained.

At 11 pm, Eric decided to send Hyesung home as he promised Andy. Eric waited for Hyesung to go inside, he wanted see his smile one last time before tomorrow comes. He called Andy to inform him that Hyesung is in the house. 

That night, Eric rode off with his motorbike and parked it in the basement. Then he took a cab to his 'house' because he wants to take his car there for Sunday trip. 

'Stop here, Mr. Thanks for the ride' Eric said politely after they stopped in front of him. The taxi driver just nodded politely.

'Who is there?' a guard asked.

'Open the damn gate!' 

'Yes, Mr Frost!' the guard said when he looked closely at the one who was standing in front of the gate.

'Ugh, stupid guard' he mumbled softly. He made it clear that he will be called Mr Mun rather than Frost but it seemed that they don't get it. Well maybe it's not his fault, maybe he is a new guard.

He made his way to the basement to get his car. But before that, he needed to ask his father for his keys. Then he saw his 'family' at the living room, chatting and relaxing.

'Where is my keys?' he asked as soon as he entered the room.

'Don't be rude brother... Can't you smile a little bit and say hi?' Kangta said with his trademark ; smirking.

'I don't have time to do that. I just want my car keys and get the hell out from here' 

'Why do you want it? I thought that you're not going to use it' Mr Frost said.

'Well from now on, I will' he hissed. 

'Fine, I'll give you. But I need something in return' 

'And what is that?' Eric asked weirdly.

'Live here... In this house...' Mr Frost said.

'Go to hell... I'm out of here... If you don't want to give me the keys, then fine... I don't need it...' Eric said coldly and started to walk out.

'Fine, take the keys in the basement...' Mr Frost sighed.

'May God bless' Eric mumbled and left.

He want to the basement, took the keys and left with his Audi car. Later that night after washing up, he received a text from Hyesung.

Have a goodnight, Eric Mun ^^

Eric just chuckled and read the the text couple of times before he went to bed.