Sports aren't my thing

A Little Love Won't Hurt

Chapter 2: Sports aren't my thing
 

 

 

The teacher was still taking attendance. Jungkook tried to avoid looking to his left as much as possible, but he could only feel Taehyung staring at him which caused him to feel uncomfortable. He looked back at Taehyung.

 

“H-Hyung… Is something wrong?” Jungkook asked anxiously, “I’m sorry again for earlier if you’re still mad about that..”

 

“What are you?” Taehyung asked crudely, “A Stalker? Do you want an autograph? What do you want?”

 

“Aye.., it’s all a coincidence Hyung.” Jungkook smiled and let out a small laugh.

 

“And why do you call me “Hyung”? I’m not your hyung,” Taehyung added abruptly.

 

“Aw Hyung, don’t be so crabby. What else would I call you?” Jungkook replied jokingly. Taehyung rolled his eyes and turned around facing the front. Jungkook just smiled and turned around, “Wow he really is an ,” he mumbled under his breath.

 

“What?” Taehyung looked at him with an irritated expression.

 

“Huh? Nothing! I said nothing Hyung, hahaha.” Jungkook cheesily smiled at him and put his head down on his desk. IDIOT! he said to himself. Just then, the teacher walked up to the front of the classroom.

 

“Alright class. Welcome to pre-calculus. My name is Mrs. Jung. I will be your math teacher from here till the end of the semester. Looking at all your faces, you all seem like bright students. This class is a junior course so I assume that most of you are juniors right? I do know we have at least a few sophomores in here too though. All the sophomores, raise your hand.”

 

Jungkook looked around to see that nobody has raised their hand. He slowly raised up his right arm as the whole class started to look at him. God, this is so awkward, he thought to himself.

 

“Wow, we only have one sophomore in here? You must be a very smart kid if you’re taking a junior course! What’s your name?” Mrs. Jung asked politely.

 

“Heh.. J-Jeon Jungkook ma’am,” he replied stiffly.

 

“Well, nice to meet you Jungkook,” she said with a friendly tone, “So are the rest of you all juniors?”

 

“Yessss,” the class replied in unison.

 

“Awesome! Alright then, just so you guys know, this course won’t be very easy if you aren’t so great at math. So hopefully you guys can all help each other out wherever you struggle the most. My way of teaching involves a lot more partner and group work to help you guys establish peer to peer communication skills, as well as teamwork. We're going to start off our first day of class with just a simple worksheet. It'll be a review of what you guys learned in algebra," Mrs. Jung walked towards her desk. "Hmm... now where did I put those worksheets?" She mumbled to herself.

 

Jungkook turned around to see Taehyung looking out the window. It was a bright and sunny day today as the sun shined into the classroom beaming onto his gentle light brown hair and his milky white skin. His skin looked as if it was sparkling in the light. Jungkook couldn't seem to take his eyes off of him.

 

"Yah!" a muffled voice called out in the distance. "Yah!!" it called out again. The student sitting in front of Jungkook was trying to pass back a worksheet to him. "Yah!!! Sophomore!!" the student abruptly waved the worksheet in front of Jungkook's face.

 

Jungkook snapped out of his trance suddenly, "Huh? Oh! Sorry!" he apologized to his classmate and grabbed the worksheet. He took a deep breath. Jesus, what am I doing? Snap out if it Jungkook!  He shook his head and began to start his worksheet.  


 

LUNCH TIME



 

Jungkook was sitting down at a lunch table playing with his phone while waiting for Sabrina and Jimin to arrive. Students were walking around everywhere, getting their lunch or conversing with their friends. Then suddenly, a student screamed out,

 

"OH MY GOD!! IT'S BTS!!!" Jungkook took his eyes off his phone and looked up to see students rushing towards the entrance of the cafeteria. Screams of female students mixed with the shouting of male students. The voices circulated throughout the cafeteria and into Jungkook's ears.

 

The first person to walk in was Kim Namjoon, the leader of BTS. His jet black hair was spiked into a mohawk and he was wearing a plain black long sleeved shirt covering his lightly tanned skin. He goes by the name "Rap Monster" because of his amazing rapping skills. The next person to walk in beside him was the main dancer of BTS, Min Yoongi. His hair was messy and dark brown. His skin was pasty white. Wrapped around his head was a black bandana with white symbols. He goes by the name "Suga." The third guy to walk in was Jung Hoseok, the lead rapper and dancer of BTS. He smiled brightly to everybody being bubbly and adorable. He goes by the name "J-Hope." The fourth person to walk in was Jin, the lead vocalist of BTS. His mature, clean, and crisp image made him very attractive to many of the female students. And the last person to walk in was none other than Kim Taehyung. The screams and yelling of the students grew louder and louder.


 

"Ugh, this happens every single day. Don't they ever get sick and tired of doing the same over and over?" Sabrina said bitterly. Her and Jimin had just arrived to their lunch table.

 

"This happens everyday?!" Jungkook asked surprisingly. He wasn't used to this as he had a different lunch period than this one in the previous semester.

 

"Yeah, it gets pretty rowdy in here," Jimin added, "sometimes I feel kinda bad for them."

 

"Why would you feel bad for them?" Sabrina looked at Jimin, "They're loving it. They love the attention. Those are the type of people that look down on the rest of us." She said with an angry tone.

 

"Yeah... I guess you're right." Jimin agreed biting his lower lip, "So, how's your new classes going today?" Jimin asked both of them.

 

Jungkook remained silent. "Well, I aced my medical terminology quiz this morning!" Sabrina exclaimed happily, "And my new microbiology class seems kind of chill so far. There's literally like 7 people in the class." Sabrina took out her phone and looked at herself in the reflection and started to fix her hair, "What about you Kookie?"

 

Jungkook bit his lower lip and looked at the ground. "Well..." He said hesitantly. "What's wrong? Did something happen today?" Jimin asked him. He took out his bagged lunch and pulled out half of a tuna fish sandwich and took a bite out of it.

 

"Well...this morning, I was almost late to my pre-calc class so I was running like crazy to make it on time. Then I accidently bumped into Taehyung and dropped all of my things..." Jungkook started fiddling with both of his index fingers.

 

"Are you serious?!" Sabrina started laughing, "Out of all the people Kookie, you really do have the worst luck. Especially since what happened yesterday." She continued to laugh while trying to fix her hair.

 

"Anyways, I got up and ran away to make it to class on time and when I went to sit down at my desk, I turned around and he was sitting next to me. He's my new classmate..." Jungkook said as he bit his lower lip.

 

Jimin choked on the sandwich he was eating. "Jesus Kookie, you honestly do have the WORST luck!" Jimin and Sabrina both continued to laugh heartily, "Just try your best to stay away from him, you don't want to cause any problems with BTS," Jimin told him. Jungkook nodded and they proceeded with small talk throughout the rest of the lunch period.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________



 

“Attention class! Today, we have a two new students that will be joining us for this semester.” The teacher said. “Please introduce yourselves to the class.”

 

A female and a male student walked in through the door. The class started to go wild when they realized who one of the new students were.

 

“Hello everybody! My name is Kim Chamni. My passion is dancing and I hope to become a choreographer one day.” She smiled and bowed to the class.

 

“Uh.. Hello everyone.” The male said in a low voice. He let out a nervous laugh. “As you may know, my name is Min Yoongi. Nice to meet you guys and I hope we’ll get along.” He smiled bowed to the class. The students all clapped and cheered for them. (Mostly for Min Yoongi)

 

Jimin eyes widened when he realized that he was going to be in the same class as Min Yoongi, the legendary dancer of BTS. The dance class that Jimin attends is held in the school’s dancing studio. Everyday, the class practices choreography for upcoming school assemblies or school events, or they practice just to better their dancing skills.

 

All the students lined up against the wall as the teacher was going to give them a new assignment to work on. Jimin was at the opposite side of the row from Min Yoongi. He slowly peeked over at Yoongi who was being stared at by almost all the students. He’s already so good at dancing, why is he taking this class with us amateurs? Jimin thought to himself.

 

“Okay class, for those who don’t know me, I’m Mrs. Shin. So in a couple of months, there’s going to be a statewide dancing contest. If you guys are interested, we’ll have our own small little contest in class to see who is fit enough to join. Each school is only allowed to enter one contestant but that does also include partner collaborations. So my idea was to pair you all up into twos and you guys can make up your own choreography. I’ll give you all a deadline and you’ll all perform your dances. Whoever I feel deserves to be entered will win. How does that sound?

 

All the students started to murmur to one another. Jimin was fascinated by the idea of being able to join a dance contest. His dream is to become a professional dancer, so if he had a chance to join and win, he could possibly be scouted by entertainment companies.

 

“Sounds good? Alright then. I’ll start pairing you guys up.” Mrs. Shin carefully looked at all the students. They all seemed excited and nervous that there was a chance for them to be partnered with Min Yoongi.

 

“Min Yoongi.” She called out, “I’ve seen how you dance before. You’re pretty good.”

 

“Thank you.” he replied with a smile and bowed.

 

“I think the student you’d work best with is…”  She took a slight pause and squinted her eyes and pouted her lip upwards. “Park Jimin.” she called out abruptly.

 

The entire class moaned and groaned in disappointment because their names weren’t called out to be paired with him. Jimin looked around with a bewildered face. “Me?” He pointed to himself.

 

“Yes, you.” The teacher chuckled. “Your styles of dancing are similar so I figure you guys would work best together.”

 

“Oh.. haha, thank you.” Jimin’s face slowly started to turn red from being put on the spot. He was truly surprised. Out of all the students, he was paired with the great Min Yoongi. He turned and looked at him and bowed to him trying his best to hide his face. Yoongi just laughed playfully.

 

After the teacher finished pairing all the students together, she had them all greet each other. “Now that you’ve all been assigned partners, take a few minutes to get to know them.”

 

Jimin stood against the wall looking at the ground without moving while all the students started to move around. Yoongi then walked up to Jimin and slightly bent down looking at his face.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” He waved his hand in front of him.

 

Jimin was startled. “A-ah.. sorry hyung. I was a bit dazed. It’s an honor to meet you.” He bowed and apologized.

 

Yoongi let out a chuckle. “It’s okay, there’s no need for that.” He stuck out his hand. “Nice to meet you too Jimin. Let’s work well together.”

 

Jimin looked down at his hand. A million thoughts were rushing through his head. A drop of sweat started to roll down his cheeks. His heart race started to increase.  Is this really happening? Am I really going to be partners with Min Yoongi? My hands are sweating, what if he notices if I shake his hand? He shook his head and slowly grabbed his elder’s hand with both of his hands. Yoongi laughed again and ruffled Jimin’s hair slightly.

 

“So the teacher says that you’re a pretty good dancer. What style of music do you usually dance to?” Yoongi asked curiously.


Jimin was still nervous and scratched the back of his neck. “Haha, I’m still a rookie when it comes to dancing, unlike you hyung. I mostly enjoy dancing to hip-hop or upbeat pop songs.”

 

Yoongi raised his eyebrows slightly and shook his head up and down. “Nice. By the way, you don’t have to keep calling me hyung. My friends call me “Suga.” He said with a friendly tone.

 

“O-oh. Sorry hyung- I mean Suga hyung…” Jimin replied. His face was flustered once again.

 

“Well.. I guess it’s a start.” Suga laughed. Jimin laughed awkwardly along with him.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

The bell rang as it was the end of the period. Jungkook packed up and headed to his next class. He took out his folded up schedule out of his pocket and looked at what his next class was. “Physical Education… great.” he said sarcastically. Although Jungkook loved dancing to kpop songs, he absolutely hated sports, and... physical education in general. Unfortunately, at least one semester of physical education is required to graduate. He let out a big sigh and proceeded to the boy’s changing room. He walked around as the male students were taking off their shirts and putting on their basketball shorts or sweatpants. The locker room smelled like a mixture of sweat, cheap body spray, and socks. Dirty socks.

 

He slowly walked down the aisles of lockers to find an area to change. By then, most of the students had already gone up to the gymnasium. He set down his bag and grabbed his gym clothes out inside of it. He started to his shirt but suddenly, he felt someone set their bag next to him. He turned his head slightly to see who was next to him and quickly turned his back towards them. ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME? WHY IS KIM TAEHYUNG IN MY GYM CLASS TOO?! Jungkook bent down slightly and crinkled his face. Dear god, why is this happening to me?! He repeated to himself over and over.

 

Taehyung noticed the person next to him was acting a bit weird. He looked over to see their back was turned to him. He shot him a strange look, and went back to changing. Jungkook slowly looked behind him to see what Taehyung was doing. He watched as Taehyung took off his slim white t-shirt and revealed his well toned body, and his fair white skin. He also caught a glimpse of what seemed to be a six-pack. It was hard to tell since he could only see the side view. The room suddenly started to feel really hot. It became harder and harder to breathe. Jungkook turned his head back, put his hand on his chest, and felt his heart started to race. Please stop, please stop! He closed his eyes and clenched his teeth. Taehyung glanced over again and raised his right eyebrow. He put on his black t-shirt, closed the locker door and walked off to the gymnasium.

 

As soon as he left, Jungkook let out a loud, deep sigh of relief. He wiped the sweat off his forehead, and slowly proceeded to change into his gym clothing.

 

He was the last one to walk into the gymnasium, wearing a plain white t-shirt, a pair of basketball shorts, knee high socks, and a pair of vans. Nobody seemed to notice his entrance, which was a relief for him. Jungkook really hates attention from large groups of people. Without him noticing, the gym teacher started to take attendance.

 

“Jeon Jungkook?” he called out with a loud voice. Taehyung heard the teacher call out Jungkook’s name and he started to look around.

 

Jungkook was surprised to hear the teacher call out his name and didn’t respond at first.

 

“Jeon Jungkook?!” The teacher called out a second time.

 

Jungkook slowly walked up through the crowd of students, “H-here..” he said in a low voice. Taehyung looked at him, tilting his head slightly, letting out a quick disappointed sigh.

 

“You’re the new kid right?” The teacher asked Jungkook.

“Uh.. yeah. I started this class today.” Jungkook scratched the back of his neck. He could feel Taehyung staring at him with a menacing gaze. He looked around to see that Namjoon and J-hope of BTS were in the class too, which made him even more nervous. After he checked in, he went to go sit down on the bleachers at the side of the gym.

 

He looked around and noticed Taehyung was walking towards him. He quickly shot up and looked at the wall as if he didn’t know what was going on. Taehyung stopped and stood in front of him.

 

“What’s the deal? Now you follow me into my gym class?” He turned his head and let out a sigh of disbelief. “You must really want my attention huh?”

 

“N-No hyung! It’s all a coincidence, please believe me!” Jungkook waved both of his heads in front of himself. He felt anxious. It was unbelievable how many misunderstandings he’s gotten into with him today.

 

“Whatever..” Taehyung replied in a low breathy voice. He rolled his eyes, turned around and walked away.

 

Namjoon and J-Hope noticed Taehyung walking away from Jungkook with an annoyed look on his face.

 

“Yo, why is he talking to the new kid?” Namjoon asked curiously. J-Hope shrugged and looked at Taehyung. “Taehyung looks irritated by him though,” J-Hope said, “Wanna mess with him?” He asked Namjoon. Namjoon looked at him with a mischievous smile and nodded his head.


 

The gym teacher blew his whistle.

 

“Alright kids, this week we’re playing volleyball. I want you all up on the court, split into two teams. Got it? He blew the whistle again. All the students scrambled onto the middle of the court, dividing into teams. Jungkook ended up on the opposing team of Namjoon and J-Hope. Although, he ended up on the same team as Taehyung.

 

Jungkook is not a sports person, as he doesn’t know anything about them. He usually sits on the side lines and plays on his phone whenever there is anything sports related going on. He was placed in the front lines and Taehyung was in the backline.

 

“You guys ready?” The teacher asked. He blew his whistle, as J-hope got first serve.

 

The white ball flew over the net, as a student on Jungkook’s team tapped it back to the other team. Namjoon shot J-Hope a look and focused back on the game. Jungkook on the other hand had no idea what was going on and started to wander off into his own world. The ball kept being tossed back and forth for a few seconds, until Taehyung was able to hit back over. Suddenly, Namjoon jumped up with great strength, raised his arm and spiked the ball with full force. The ball went towards Jungkook at full speed and since he wasn’t paying attention, the ball hit him full on in the face.

 

Jungkook felt a sharp sting, and started to realize at the time that he was falling backwards.

 

What happened…? He thought to himself as he was falling.

 

The back of his head hit the hard gym floor with full force. Jungkook then let out a loud scream of pain. He put his hand on the back of his head. His ears started ringing loudly as the whole world started going in slow motion. His mouth opened wide. The area of impact happened to be the same spot he hit when he fell at the library. The throbbing of his head caused him to let out small yelp. His vision started to blur. Everywhere he looked were blurred figures starting to surround him. He could hear the sound of muffled laughter from the students, along with the whistle of the gym teacher. His vision slowly started to fade as his arms dropped onto the floor. Namjoon and J-Hope started laughing and high-fiving each other while all the other students just stood around laughing along with them. Taehyung didn’t think much of it at first, but as he pushed through the crowd of students to see what happened, he saw the 17 year old sophomore lying on the floor out cold.



_____________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks for reading Chapter 2 of; A Little Love Won't Hurt. This chapter was a little long but I hope you guys enjoyed it. Yoonmin have finally met and Taekook are... kinda making progress. I'm not really into rushing storylines and relationships, so I like to make stories go in a slower pace. I'll try to update as soon as possible! Leave a comment about what you think, subscribe, upvote, dadada and all that fun stuff.