Sleeping is for losers

A Little Love Won't Hurt

 

Chapter 5: Sleeping is for losers.

 

Taehyung closed the door and went back inside. His mom called him over to come eat dinner. He took out his phone and opened up his messages. No new messages. He sighed and walked over to the dinner table. His mother put down a plate for him and a plate for herself. The meal for tonight was pasta with alfredo sauce. He placed his phone on the table, pulled out a chair and sat down.

 

"So, who's this new friend of yours?" His mother suddenly asked. She took a bite of the Alfredo. Taehyung kept twirling his pasta with his fork.

 

"He's not my friend. We're just partners for class." He replied coolly. He quickly glanced over at his phone. He picked up his fork and stuffed his mouth with pasta. He picked up his glass of water and sipped it occasionally.

 

"Oh please Taehyung! I know you well enough to know who you consider as friends. You seem to like this Jungkook a lot." His mom smirked. Taehyung choked on the water he was drinking. He coughed slightly.

 

"Eomma!" he complained. "I just met him this semester. He's just my classmate." he began to get defensive.

 

"You claim you just met yet you treat him so nicely. Don't think I didn't notice you give up your phone number to him right away." she laughed and lightly pushed his head with her finger.

 

"I only gave it to him because of our project. Don't misunderstand. He's not my friend." He replied sassily. He suddenly glanced at his phone again.

 

"Are you waiting for a call or text?  Why do you keep looking at your phone?" His mom asked.

 

"Huh?" Taehyung looked at his mom. "No..I thought I saw a scratch mark on the screen." His face looked a little red.

 

His mom laughed and took another bite of pasta.

 

After dinner, Taehyung put this dishes in the sink. Allowing his mother to rest, he cleaned the dishes, pots, pans, and wiped down the counter along with the dinner table. He walked into his room and plopped onto his bed laying on his stomach. He put his phone in front of his face and stared at it.

 

Should I text him to make sure he got the right number?  He thought to himself. He bit his lower lip and opened up his messages. His finger went towards Jungkook in his contacts. He then dropped his phone on the pillow shaking his head.

 

"Ahn-yah, ahn-yah. That would be weird." he told himself. "I can ask what is tonights homework is..." He stared at his phone again. “Ahn-yah! That would be weird too.” He rolled over onto his back and stared at the ceiling. He let out a loud groan and put his pillow over his face.

Suddenly, Taehyung’s phone vibrated and made a notification sound. You have a new message! His eyes shot open and he quickly grabbed his phone.

 

Jin Hyung [9:05:39]: Taehyungie, do you know what the homework for English is?

Jin Hyung [9:05:42]: :(

 

Taehyung threw his phone on his stomach. “Aish this hyung…” He put both of his hands on his face and sighed.


 

THE NEXT MORNING

 

The alarm clock rang loudly. It was 6:20 AM.  Jungkook slowly opened his eyes reaching out to turn it off. He let in a deep breath through his nose and slowly got up. He got out of bed and began to get ready for school. After showering, he threw on his clothes, and walked down the stairs. Nobody was awake at this time in his family, so he always had to make his own breakfast. His dog, Chocolate; a small chihuahua, always woke up and followed him around the house in the morning. He popped a slice of bread into the toaster and grabbed the jar of Nutella from in the cabinet. He grabbed his dog’s leash and took him out for a brief walk while waiting for his toast. Five minutes later, they both came back into the house. He spread some nutella on his toast, cleaned up a bit and headed out the door again. Jungkook always walked to school in the morning. He took out his phone and decided to text somebody as he took a bite out of his toast.

 

Taehyung was still asleep. It was 7:15 AM and school started in 40 minutes. His phone vibrated making a loud notification sound. He tossed over and continued to sleep. His phone vibrated again. And again. And again. He rolled over onto his side and picked it up. His eyes were still half closed. "Who the hell keeps texting me?!" He said with his raspy morning voice. He opened up his messages.

 

Jungkook [7:16:23]: Hyung! Are you still sleeping?!

Jungkook [7:16:27]: Wake up!! You're going to be late!

Jungkook [7:16:42]: See you in class! ^^

 

He opened his eyes wide and he quickly got up. He felt something flutter in his body. He kept typing things in the box but deleted it after words. He wanted to reply with something but ended up replying with nothing. He quickly got up and got ready as he was going to be late.

_____________________________________

 

The bell rang. The students were all getting seated as the teacher was taking attendance. Just then, an announcement on the intercom.

 

"Good morning Big hit High students! Just so you know, there's going to be a 2 day school camping trip for the sophomores, juniors, and seniors to start off the new semester! The field trip will take place next week, so get your permission slips signed as soon as possible!"  

 

The students murmured to one another.

 

"Woah, a camping trip! I’ve never been camping before..." Jungkook said to himself. He turned around and looked at Taehyung. “Hyung, are you going?”

“No.” he replied immediately.

 

“Aw, why not? It sounds like fun.” Jungkook asked disappointedly.

 

“No.” he repeated. Jungkook pouted and turned back to the face the front. “.” he said under his breath.

 

“What?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Nothing! Nothing! I said nothing hahaha.” Jungkook replied and turned back around.

______________________________________


 

“Why do you keep following me?” Sabrina asked irritated.

 

“I can’t walk you to class?” J-Hope asked pitifully.

 

“No, you can’t. It’s weird, people are staring.” Sabrina replied. “Do you want me to get jumped again?!”

 

“Who cares, you’d beat the out of them anyways.” J-Hope laughed.

 

“That’s not the point.” Sabrina rolled her eyes. “Shouldn’t you be with your posse?”

 

“But I’d rather walk you to class.” He smiled at her.

 

Sabrina started laughing heartily. “That has to be one of the cheesiest things I’ve ever heard. It’s literally making me cringe.”

 

“But it made you laugh. That counts for something.” J-Hope said happily. “Are you going on the camping trip?

 

“Of course, why wouldn’t I go?” Sabrina replied sassily.

 

“Then I guess I’ll see you there.” J-Hope scratched the back of his neck.

 

“I lied, I’m not going anymore.” Sabrina walked faster to get away from J-Hope.

 

“Yah! What do you mean?!” He ran to catch up with her and continued to follow her to her class.

_______________________________________


 

Jimin opened up his locker and grabbed his math textbook. Suddenly, somebody grabbed him by the head and put him in a headlock.

 

“GIVE ME YOUR MONEY PUNK!” The man said.

 

Jimin recognized the voice.... “Suga hyung?!” Suga laughed and let go of him..

 

“You down to practice after school today?” Suga asked while ruffling around with Jimin’s hair.

 

“Hyung!! Next time don’t do that!” Jimin whined. “I thought I was going to get !!”

 

“Hahaha, sorry Jimin-ssi, but it’s so fun messing with you.” Suga smiled. Jimin’s face started to get red. Was that a compliment? “Anyways, so you want to?” Suga asked again.

 

“A-ah. Of course hyung! I’ll practice with you whenever you want! Jimin said happily. Wait… that sounded desperate. Ahh Jimin you idiot!!! He thought to himself.

 

“Alright, I’ll see you at the dance studio after school.” Suga didn’t seem to think anything of it. Before he left, he grabbed Jimin and put him another headlock again. “Make sure to be there on time!” He nudged him and let go.

 

“Hyuuunggg!!!!!!!” Jimin complained. Suga laughed and patted him on the shoulder and walked off to class. Although Jimin seemed annoyed on the outside, he was actually bursting with happiness and joy on the inside. He closed his locker door and slowly walked off to class with the biggest smile on his face.   

____________________________________

 

A WEEK LATER TO THE DAY OF THE CAMPING TRIP.


 

All the kids began to gather onto the bus. As students were boarding, a voice screamed out, “IT’S BTS!!!! THEY’RE ALL COMING TOO!!!” All the girls started screaming happily.


“Damn it… Why are they actually coming?” Sabrina looked annoyed.

 

“Suga Hyung!!!!!!!!” Jimin shouted as jumped up and waved to Suga. “Jimin stop it!” Sabrina grabbed his arm and pushed it down. Jungkook looked up and saw standing in the back was the light brown haired boy in his class.

 

“Uh.” Jungkook looked surprised. “I thought Taehyung said he wasn’t coming.” Either way, Jungkook was happy.

 

“Ugh, whatever. Let’s go, we can steal the good seats while the girls are distracted.” Sabrina ran passed the girls and ran up the stairs of the bus. She signaled the boys to quickly come. They laughed and followed her. The three of them managed to grab a seat all the way in the back. Sabrina sat near the window, Jimin sat in the middle and Jungkook sat on the outer edge. Sabrina looked out the window to see BTS starting to board the bus. All the students allowed them to walk in and take whatever seat they wanted first. Sabrina rolled her eyes and sighed out loud.

 

The members of BTS walked to the back. Namjoon & Jin sat behind them while J-Hope, Suga, & Taehyung sat at the seat next to them. Taehyung sat near the window, Suga sat in the middle & J-Hope sat on the outer edge. “Why.. why… why…” Sabrina said under her breath with her hand on the side of her forehead.

 

“Pssssssssst! Sabrina!!!” J-hope loudly whispered. She looked over at him. He waved to her and smiled. She made the shoo shoo gesture at him and rolled her eyes. Jimin said hi to the members of BTS, and smiled like an idiot when Suga waved to him. Taehyung was looking over at Jungkook. Jungkook looked over at Taehyung and he quickly turned his head towards the window. “Hyung! I thought you said you weren’t gonna come.” Jungkook said to Taehyung.

“I wasn’t going to come…” Taehyung replied while still looking out the window.

 

“I forced him to come.” Jin said behind them. “He needs to stop staying at home and come out with us for a change.” Jin laughed. Namjoon looked over at the seat in front of him and noticed Jungkook.

 

“Hey man, I’m really sorry about what happened last time. And sorry I didn’t say sorry sooner.” Namjoon apologized to him scratching the back of his neck.

 

“Ah, it’s okay Hyung. I know you didn’t mean to do it on purpose.” Jungkook smiled at him. Just then, Sabrina looked over at Namjoon and J-Hope with a deathly look on her face. They both sunked down in their seat and looked away.

 

The bus started to fill up as all the students took their seats. There were only about 40 kids going on the trip as many of the students parents didn’t allow them to go, or they just weren’t interested. As the bus shut the door, it slowly started to drive off.

 

“ALRIGHT!!! LET’S GET THIS TRIP STARTED!!!!!” Namjoon yelled out throughout the whole bus. All the students started to cheer including Jungkook, Jimin & Sabrina. Taehyung looked over at the young sophomore who was cheering and laughing. A small smile started to appear on his face. He turned his head back and looked outside the window. Throughout the bus ride, the students chatted amongst one another. They of course were paying a lot of attention to BTS as well. Jin kindly chatted with Jungkook whom was sitting in front of him along with Jimin. Sabrina seemed a bit crabby from being in the bus for too long. J-Hope kept bothering Sabrina by throwing balls of paper at her trying to get her attention. Everyone was switching around their seats. Jimin and Suga ended up sitting next to each other talking about how to set up their next choreo sets. Sabrina moved to the seat next to Jin and Namjoon as she was starting to feel cluttered. J-Hope went to go sit next to her and bother her. Jungkook and Taehyung were the only ones sitting in seats alone. Jungkook decided to go over and sit next to Taehyung as he looked bored and lonely. He slid onto the seat as his leg slightly tapped Taehyung’s leg.

 

“Are you okay Hyung? What’s wrong? You seem down.” Jungkook asked him worriedly.

 

Taehyung looked down at Jungkook’s leg touching his. He looked up and saw Jungkook’s face up close. “Y-yah! Why are you sitting so close?!” He slightly pushed him away. His ears started turning a bright pink. His face was starting to get hot. “Ah, sorry Hyung.” Jungkook laughed and backed away towards the edge of the seat. “I’m fine, I just hate being in vehicles for too long.” Taehyung replied.

 

“But aren’t you excited for the trip?!” Jungkook asked happily. “I can’t wait! I’ve never been camping before! It seems like it’ll be a lot of fun especially with all of our friends here!”  Friends? Does that mean he considers me as a friend? Taehyung thought to himself. A half smile formed on his face.

 

“YAH!!!” Sabrina yelled out.

 

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!” J-Hope kept yelling out. Sabrina grabbed his ear and pulled it hard. “If you keep messing with me, I will literally beat you to a pulp again.” Sabrina said to him.

“Okay! Okay! I got it! Ah it hurts!” J-Hope cried out. Sabrina let go of his ear and looked out the window with her arms folded. J-Hope rubbed his ear and laughed. “How are you so strong?!” He asked her. Jungkook looked behind him at Sabrina. “What do you mean “again?” He asked her. “You beat him up before?!” Jungkook asked. “It’s a long story…” J-Hope replied to Jungkook. Sabrina started to laugh. “Ask your friend sitting next to you,” Sabrina told Jungkook. He looked confused and turned to Taehyung.

 

“What is she talking about Hyung?” He asked him. Taehyung didn’t reply and tried to hide his face. Sabrina giggled again. “The only thing I can say is.. wow.. she is scary.” J-hope said to Jungkook. Sabrina punched him in the arm. “Yah! What are you trying to say?!” J-Hope let out a yelp and put his hand over his arm. He chuckled. Jungkook laughed and sat back down. There was still another hour and a half left till they would reach camping grounds. For the next thirty minutes, the bus started to calm down. Jin and Namjoon were listening to music on their phones. Jimin and Suga were watching videos on youtube of kpop groups dancing. J-Hope was playing a game on his phone while Sabrina was looking through her SNS.

 

Jungkook started to become tired. He didn’t get much sleep the night before due to the excitement of the trip. He stayed up all night thinking about how much fun he’ll have with his friends. Taehyung was listening to music with his headphones on while looking at the cars driving by on the highway. Jungkook’s eyelids slowly started to close, as he fell into a deep sleep. As the bus kept moving, Jungkook’s body slid slightly to the left, causing his head to fall onto Taehyung’s shoulder. Taehyung looked over to see the young boy’s black hair covering his shoulder. Taehyung softly nudged Jungkook. “Yah!” He said softly. But he was too deep into slumber to wake up. Jungkook’s soft face felt warm on his body. Taehyung’s face started to get hot again. He didn’t say anything and just turned his head. His heart started to beat faster and faster. The inside of his stomach felt as if there were fireworks going off. His heart began racing even faster. He turned his head back around slowly towards Jungkook. He slowly raised his hand and reached over to brush the hair strands of Jungkook’s hair off of his face. His hair was soft and silky. Taehyung let out a deep breath and closed his eyes. And for the rest of the bus ride, he quitely looked out the window allowing his classmate to rest peacefully on his arm.

____________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Taekook is slowly starting to develop. Yoonmin seems to have formed a playful friendship with each other. As for J-Hope... he's trying. lol. Thanks for reading chapter 5 of  "A Little Love Won't Hurt." Sorry it took a while to update, I've been a little busy the past few days. And sorry the chapter is kinda short. But I hope you guys like the story so far! I'll try to update soon.

 

Leave a comment below telling me what you think. Comments make me happy! 

p.s. Sorry if my writing is awkward to read. :/