Back to the basics

A Little Love Won't Hurt

Chapter 12: Back to the basics

 

 

 

The school bell rang as it was time for first period to begin. The students scrambled around taking their seats after having their daily hallway conversations. Jungkook walked to the back of the classroom and took his seat. He put his bag down at his feet and took out his materials to start off the day.

 

Alright Jungkook, you’ve had enough fun for the weekend. It’s time to get back on track. No more distractions.  He thought to himself. He took in a deep breath and relaxed until class officially started. As the teacher began to call out for attendance, Taehyung walked into class. He seemed different. Happier and more vibrant than usual. He went to the back of the classroom and took his seat next to Jungkook. No matter how hard he tried, Taehyung couldn’t help but steal glances at the person sitting next to him.

 

“Alright class, take out your notes. We’re going to review for our upcoming test on Friday. It counts for 10% of your grade, so make sure to study hard and do your best!” Mrs. Jung announced. As the teacher began to write down more notes onto the board, Jungkook who was extremely focused made sure to write down each and every word down to the dot. Meanwhile, the upperclassman beside him was barely paying any attention. He spent the whole class fidgeting with his pencil, looking out the window, or glancing over at the boy who was intensely taking notes. Jungkook took a break and dropped his pencil onto his desk. He stretched out his arms and looked over at his elder. Taehyung, who was caught staring quickly turned around faced the board.

 

“Hyung, do you need something?” Jungkook asked him casually.

 

“Huh? Me? N-no.” he replied awkwardly. Jungkook tilted his head and shrugged slightly. He turned back around and continued to take down the class notes.

 

There was five minutes left until the bell rang. The teacher finished up her lesson for the day and went to sit down at her desk. Jungkook dropped his pencil and held onto his right wrist with his left hand. He proceeded to rotate his right hand in circular motion to relieve the stiffness after his constant writing. He the air through his teeth. Taehyung reacted immediately and looked over at Jungkook.

 

“Yah, is something wrong?” he asked worriedly.

 

“Hm? No. My wrist just hurts from writing all morning.” he chuckled slightly. He looked down at his elder’s desk to see a blank notebook page full of doodles and scribbles. He looked back up at his face.


“Hyung, did you not take any notes this whole time?” Jungkook asked curiously.

 

"Huh? Oh... no. I don't need to take notes. Everything I read gets stored up here automatically." he said as he tapped his right temple with his finger. The bell for the next period rang. Jungkook laughed.

 

"Whatever you say hyung." he smiled as he got up and walked out of the classroom. "See you in gym class."

________________

 

It was lunch time. Jungkook, Sabrina and Jimin sat down together at their usual table. Jungkook was munching away at his school hamburger while Jimin took out a ham and cheese sandwich he had packed for lunch. Sabrina normally didn’t eat school lunch because she thought it was gross, yet she’s too lazy to pack her own lunch.

 

“So what happened last night Kookie? Did you find a place to stay at for the night?” Sabrina asked him while looking at her hair through her phone reflection. “What the--” she said abruptly. “YAH! WHY DIDN’T YOU GUYS TELL ME I HAD SOMETHING IN MY HAIR?!” she yelled out as she began to pick out a white spec trapped in her locks.

 

“Maybe because we didn’t notice? So sorry the world doesn’t revolve around you Princess Sabrina” Jimin said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes in irritation. Jungkook tried to avoid the question and redirected the topic.

 

“How’s your mom doing? Did her treatment go alright?” Jungkook asked Sabrina.

 

“It was fine. But I hate sleeping in the hospital. It’s so creepy at night when you have to get up and go to the bathroom. The hallways are dead silent and sometimes the lights flicker on and off. Downside of wanting to become a nurse.” she said while still looking at herself.

 

“How about you Jimin? Did your parents win anything at the casino?” Jungkook asked taking another bite out of his hamburger.

 

“Pft, I wish. They won some but they lost some. The only money they lost was paying for the hotel room, so it was basically a waste of time.” he rolled his eyes. “On the bright side, the hotel had an indoor pool so I stayed there all night.”

 

“Wooow, that sounds fun.”

 

“And what about you? You never answered my question.” Sabrina asked while opening a bottle of water. She slowly began to drink it.

 

“Well…” Jungkook said slowly sinking down into his seat.

 

“Did something bad happen?” Jimin asked while fiddling around in his brown paper bagged lunch for his apple.

 

“Not exactly…” he replied. “Since both of you guys weren’t home last night, I had no other choice but to sleep over at Taehyung’s house.” Sabrina abruptly choked on her water and started coughing. She put her hand over .

 

“What?!” she asked surprisingly. “You slept over his house?!”

 

“Is there something wrong with that?” he asked confused. “I mean I slept together with the guy in a tent already.” he said casually.

 

“Yah, that was due to unfortunate circumstances, a.k.a you got jumped by a bunch of girls and passed out the whole night.” Sabrina replied to him.

 

“Still, I had no one else to ask. He’s actually pretty nice.”

 

“Yeah, he seemed fine at camp.” Jimin added

 

“Yeah but he still acts like a in school.” she replied. Suddenly, it began to get rowdy again as BTS entered the cafeteria.


“Oh god, here we go again.” she said as she rolled her eyes. The two other boys just ignored it like usual continuing on with their lunch. The screams and gawking grew louder towards the three teens. Suddenly, a tray plopped down near Jimin as Suga slid onto the seat next to him and wrapped his arm around his neck.

 

“Hey guys, what’s up?” Suga asked happily smiling at everyone.

 

“S-s-suga hyung?” Jimin said as he almost choked on his apple bite. His face began to show off red streaks.

 

The other members of BTS sat down casually at their table as well greeting the three confused students. J-Hope flashed a giant smile towards Sabrina as he waved hi to her.

 

“Uh.. what are you guys doing here?” Sabrina asked sassily. She started to become irritated as she began to hear whispers from other lunch tables and the students around them.  

 

“Sitting down having lunch, what about you?” Jin replied to her, taking a bite out of his hamburger.

 

“You guys are bringing attention towards us, what do you think you’re doing?!” she said in a low voice but irritated tone.

 

“We just wanted to have lunch with our new friends.” Namjoon replied warmly. The three friends looked at each other in confusion.

 

“Uhh.. I think this is one of those situations where we say, “what happens at camp, stays at camp?” Sabrina said sarcastically. The BTS members laughed.

 

“Sorry, it’s just that it’s been a while since we’ve actually talked and made friends with decent people in school.” Jin smiled.

 

“I guess you can say that we’ve grown attached to you three.” J-Hope said playfully.

 

“Well if you put it that way…” Jungkook said slowly. “But if anyone comes trying to attack us for this, I will personally hunt down each and everyone of you.” Sabrina said intimidatingly while slowly pointing to everyone. They all laughed together.

 

“By the way, my birthday is coming up soon. I’m throwing a little party at my house on Wednesday.” Jin told them. “If you guys want to come, you can.”

 

“Hm, a party? Sounds good.” Jimin nodded his head in agreement.

 

“Sounds fun.” Sabrina smiled. “You gonna go too Kookie?”

 

Everyone looked at him. He felt nervous and pressured. “Uh.. yeah, sure.. why not?” he stuttered.

 

“Great! It’ll be fun to have you guys there.” Jin said happily. They all continued on with their lunches till the next period began.  

_________________

 

It was time for gym class. As the students funneled in and out of the locker room, Jungkook waited till most of the students left. He stalled for time at his own locker by reorganizing it and neatly stacking his books side by side. He looked at his phone. It usually took about 9 minutes after the bell rang for the locker rooms to clear out. It was 8 minutes passed 1:40, which was the time the bell rang for the next period. Jungkook closed his locker and walked to gym class. He casually walked into the boy’s room to find all the students upstairs already. He walked down the aisles to his usual spot. As he turned the corner, there was someone still changing silently. Jungkook who was caught by surprise looked closer at the guy who was taking off his shirt, revealing his well-toned body. He quickly backed up and hid in the next aisle of lockers. He tried to let out a quiet deep breath as he closed his eyes.

 

Why is Taehyung always here at this time too?! Jungkook thought to himself. He waited till he heard the locker door close as the sound of his foot steps trailed off into the distance. He sighed in relief, wiping the sweat off of his forehead.

__________________

 

The activity of the week for gym was badminton. After completing the mandatory warm-up exercises such as jogging around the gym and stretching out, Jungkook went to go sit out on the bleachers during the badminton phase. He took out a bottle of water and occasionally took a few sips. He liked watching the other students play (mostly Taehyung, Namjoon & J-Hope). His eyes carefully followed his elder’s movements as he swiftly ran back and forth, swinging his arms with such force. Sweat dripped down Taehyung’s forehead. His shirt began to get soaked with sweat as well from all the physical activity. After about 25 minutes of playing badminton, he decided to take a short break. He turned around to see Jungkook sitting down alone watching his classmates play intensely.

 

Should I walk up to him and talk to him? He looks lonely.


Wait no, that would be too weird…

 

Wait I don’t know…

 

.

 

Taehyung slowly walked towards the direction of Jungkook. He noticed his elder walking over towards him and pretended to shift his attention towards his classmates pretending to be interested in the game. He took another sip out of his bottle of water. Taehyung silently walked up to Jungkook and sat down beside him panting hard. He turned to him.

 

“Yah, you have anything to drink?”

 

“Hm? Uhh, I have another bottle of water in my locker if you want it.” Jungkook offered.

 

Taehyung looked over at the half empty bottled of water next to the boy. “Forget it.” he said snatching the bottle of water. He unscrewed the cap and put his lips on it, drinking down the remaining half of it.

 

“Yah!!” Jungkook complained.

 

“You would have taken too long.” he replied cooly. He wiped his mouth with his arm and got up. He walked away back towards the court.

 

“Okay then…” Jungkook said bewildered. He picked up his now empty bottle of water and looked at it. He sighed. As Taehyung walked back slowly to the basketball court, thoughts began to run through his head.

 

Idiot! Why did you do something stupid like that?!

 

He probably thinks you’re an now…

 

Wait a minute… his mouth was on that..

 

Does that mean I… indirectly kissed him?!

 

His mind began to go wild at the thought of it. His heart was already pumping from playing sports, but the sounds of it began to grow louder.

 

"I swear, he's been acting weird lately..." Jungkook said to himself. "He's always nice one day then acts rude the next. Maybe Sab was right."

________________

 

Jimin was practicing his choreography intensely for the upcoming dance competition. It was only a few weeks away and he had to stay up to par with Min Yoongi. He often practiced alone for the past few days excluding the camping trip. It was after school hours, he was getting frustrated because he couldn't quite get one of his moves right. He didn't want to bother Yoongi asking him for help, (more like he's too scared to) so he just kept on trying and trying. About 30 minutes of failed attempts had passed. Jimin laid down the floor staring at the ceiling panting heavily. Suddenly, his phone vibrated. He took it his phone and looked at his messages.

 

Suga Hyung: Hey Jiminnie, whatcha doin?

 

Me: Hi hyung. I'm just practicing our choreo like usual. What's up?

 

Suga Hyung: Take a break for now and come grab a bite with me. We can practice together later.

 

Me: Right now? But I'm so close to getting the move down!! :(

 

Suga Hyung: Yah you brat. I can always teach it to you later. Come on!!

 

Jimin thought to himself for a second.

 

What's up with him? He keeps insisting on going out. He usually wants to practice hardcore like I do."

 

He didn't look any further into it and just went to wash up. He went home to change into a black supreme tank top with a pair of khaki shorts and headed out to meet up with Yoongi. He walked down to Starbucks which was about a five minute walk from his house. Opening the doors, he looked around to see a familiar face in the crowd of people. It seemed a bit busy today. He waved and walked up to the table next to the window greeted by his elder.  

 

"Hi Suga hyung." Jimin greeted him with a smile.

 

"Hey Jiminnie." he ruffled around with the boy's hair. "How are things going?"

 

"Pretty good. I've been trying to perfect the choreography but I'm stuck at a certain part." he said. "You know the footwork part right before the chorus."

 

Suga looked at him and squinted. "Hmm, yeah. That part is a little tricky but it's not too much. I'll help you out later." he smiled.

 

Suddenly, a woman walked up to their table holding two cups.

 

"One large iced hazelnut macchiato swirl, and one large iced green tea latte sweetened?" she set both of the cups onto the table.

 

"Enjoy your beverages!" she smiled and walked away.

 

"Oh...hyung. Is this for me?" Jimin asked confused.

 

"No I'm going to have two large drinks to myself. What do you think you idiot?" he laughed.

 

"How did you know I liked green tea lattes?" the other asked taking a sip of his drink.

 

"I always saw you drinking it whenever you would show up to practice with me... so I just assumed." he shrugged.

 

"Ohhh. Thanks hyung!" he smiled happily at him. He took another sip of the sweet beverage. "Oh right, is there a reason you called me here today?" We usually practice around this time." Jimin asked curiously.

 

"Hm?" No, not really. I just wanted to spend a little time with you, that's all." Suga said casually. Jimin's eyes grew wide at his elder’s words.

 

W.. What did he just say?

 

He wants to spend time.... with ME?

 

But we've been practicing together pretty much almost everyday...

 

Jimin paused his thoughts and looked up at the light brown haired boy in front of him playing on his phone while gently taking sips of his caffeinated beverage. He was wearing an all black snapback backwards, along with a black shirt with aztec symbols running across. Jimin slowly opened his mouth.

 

"But hyung, we've been practicing together almost everyday. You make it sound like we never see each other!" he said.

 

"Yeah, but we've never hung out just like this... out in public, enjoying a drink together." his said smiling. "It feels nice."

 

"Oh...you're right.." Jimin said softly under his breath.

 

Wait... does that mean that he wants to be seen in public with me?!

 

Oh my god... What do I do?!

 

AHHH I can feel my face turning red!!!

 

Jimin suddenly buried himself into his seat and looked out the window trying to prevent his face from being seen. He held his drink to cover his face. Yoongi looked up at him noticing his daily blush attack. He chuckled and decided to change up the topic.

 

"So, are you excited for Jin hyung's birthday party?" Suga asked him.

 

"Yeah, it sounds like a lot of fun."

 

"Trust me, it is. Every year he throws a huge party. It can get pretty rowdy though."

 

"What do you mean by rowdy?"

 

"Rowdy as in everybody gets wasted to bits." he laughed.  

 

"wah, you guys drink alcohol?!" Jimin asked surprised.

 

"Of course. You've never drank it before?"

 

The younger boy slowly nodded his head no. The elder laughed. "You really are so innocent. It's cute." he ruffled around with the other's hair again.

 

"Hyuuungggg!" Jimin whined. He quickly tried to fix his hair back to normal. "Who gets the most rowdy when they drink?" Jimin asked curiously.

 

"Hmm.... I'd say... V-ssi.." Suga replied. "But I wouldn't call him rowdy..."

 

"Really? Taehyung doesn't seem like the type to be like that."

 

"You'd be surprised..." he said slowly. He took a look at the time. "Ah, it's getting late. Let's go get a bit of practice done and wrap up for the day." Suga suggested. Jimin nodded in agreement and they both got up and walked out the door. They walked side by side heading back to the school dance room. They walked in an awkward silence for a moment. Yoongi was texting someone on his phone. Meanwhile, Jimin kept feeling his hand slightly brush against his elder's. He looked down at their hands which were so close together about to touch. He subconsciously moved his fingers slowly trying to touch Yoongi's hands but trying to make it seem natural. Suga looked over at Jimin and noticed he was looking at their hands with a slightly flushed face. He looked away and laughed to himself.

 

Damn, this guy is so cute I don't think I can take it much longer.

 

Suga suddenly reached out for Jimin's hand, locking it in an embrace with his own. Jimin was suddenly caught by surprise.

 

"Come on Jiminnie!" Suga said happily. "We gotta get there faster!" He began running while dragging along the flushed face boy. Their hands were intertwined. Jimin's heart was about to burst out of his chest. The butterflies multiplied exponentially in his stomach.

 

My hand.... we're holding hands....

 

It feels so warm... it feels nice..

 

The sun shined brightly on the two boys. The bright blue sky which hovered above them glowed beautifully. The refreshing breeze of the wind gently hit their faces as they ran together,  hand to hand, smiles on their faces, laughing the day away.  

___________________

 

A/N: Hey, thanks for reading chapter 12 of A little love won’t hurt. I didn’t fall off of the Yoonmin train!! I honestly don't know what this chapter is lmao something along the lines of a filler i guess. I'll try a lot harder to improve my writing!

 

Leave a comment telling me what you think!

 

// MAIN POSTER updated.