Camp never coming here again

A Little Love Won't Hurt

WARNING: This chapter does contain some supernatural occurances. If you are easily frightened by things like that, I suggest you read the chapter with caution. Thank you!

 

Chapter 9: Camp never coming here again

 

"The trail starts here." Namjoon said pointing to the entrance.

 

"We're going hiking? I thought we were exploring..." Sabrina said.

 

"Same difference." he replied. "You guys ready?"

 

"Let's go!!!" Jin shouted excitedly. He began to lead the march. Everybody shortly followed after him into the deep depths of nature.

 

The rock trail was a bit rough. The trees surrounding them seemed withered away. The trail began to go a little up hill.

 

"Make sure to grab a buddy or partner incase we get split." Namjoon suggested. Jin grabbed onto his arm at that second. Jimin ditched Sabrina and ran towards Suga like a little boy running for candy. J-Hope walked near Sabrina. Jungkook and Taehyung were in the back. For the first few minutes of pairing, the pack was silent. It was awkward. Just then, J-Hope cleared his throat.

 

"Hey, since we're all friends now, let's get to know each other a little better." he suggested. "Let's all talk about ourselves."

 

"Like what..?" Sabrina asked.

 

"I don't know...uh... What about our ideal types?" he replied.

 

"Oh that's easy!" Sabrina said. "I want a tall, strong man. One that will always surprise me with roses even on regular days. Someone innocent but not too innocent. And a man that can cook dinner for me sometimes. That will be the day."

 

"Wow, you have some really high standards." J-Hope laughed.  

 

"Let's hear yours then." she lashed at him. He lifted his head up and began to think.

 

"Hmmm... I want a girl who's tough. A girl who can fend for herself when she needs to. I don't like those prissy girls who are helpless and depend on others all the time, but someone cute and bubbly. Being smart is a plus. Maybe long hair, you know. Something you can tug on." J-Hope laughed.

 

Sabrina opened . She slapped J-Hope in the arm. "wtf, you're such a pig." she laughed. "And you said I have high standards." she rolled her eyes.

 

"What about yours Suga hyung? Do you have an ideal type?" Jimin asked his elder.

 

"Me?" He looked up at the trees and pouted his lips forward. "Hmmm, someone cute. I'd like if they were athletic. Specifically a dancer." He laughed. "I'd like if they were shorter than me, I don't think I could date someone taller than me." Just then, Jimin began to compare his height to Suga. Yes, I'm shorter than him! He thought to himself.

 

“Do you have an ideal type hyung?” Jungkook suddenly asked his partner. He was caught by surprise at first. “Huh?” Taehyung let out. “Oh, I don’t know.” he said awkwardly.

 

“What do you mean? Don’t you know what you want in a person?” Jungkook asked. “My ideal type is someone sweet and caring. Someone who shares the same interests as me. Someone who’s tall but not taller than me.” he added. “Unfortunately, not a lot of people like to admit that they to listen to girl groups.” Taehyung looked over at his partner who was still talking. He looked away and frowned slightly. "Yeah..." Taehyung murmured slightly.

 

"You really don't have an ideal type Hyung?" The boy asked curiously.

 

"Hmm... I want someone who would care for me like my mother does. Someone who will stay by my side while I'm sick. Someone who will make me hot chocolate in the morning..." he sounded embarrassed.

 

Jungkook laughed. “Hot chocolate??” he questioned him. “Out of all the things hyung. Who drinks hot chocolate right when they wake up?!”

 

“Why not? I like it.” He replied cooly. Jungkook just laughed at him. Soon, they approached a steep hill of rocks they had to climb over. Everybody stopped in their tracks and looked up at it.

 

“Holy mother of …” Sabrina said out loud.

 

“We’re supposed to climb that to continue the trail?!” Jin asked Namjoon. “Yep..” he replied unphased.

 


“Will Kookie be okay to climb up that?!” Jimin asked. “It may be too dangerous for you..”

 

“I can do it, don’t worry Jiminie.” his friend assured him. “It’s not that bad.” he smiled.

 

Taehyung looked over at Jungkook’s face. He could tell that he was actually really scared to climb up the rocks. Behind his fake smile, his body slightly shook. His smile gradually faded into a face of fear. Everybody began to slowly climb up the mount of rocks.

 

“I so did not sign up for this.” Sabrina complained as she began to climb up. J-Hope stayed behind her to make sure she didn’t fall. “Go at your own pace.” he told her while holding his arms out incase she fell. As they were the last ones to have to climb up the mount, Jungkook just continued to stare at everybody trying to climb up in fear. He was frozen there clenching his fists.

 

Taehyung tightly gripped onto Jungkook’s wrists with his hands and walked towards the giant hill of rocks with him. He turned around and looked at him in the eyes. The boy’s dark black eyes were shaking in fright.

 

“Just breathe.” Taehyung whispered to him. Jungkook slowly closed his eyes and let out a deep breath. “Don’t worry, I won’t let you fall.” he assured him. The younger boy nodded trusting his elder’s words. Taehyung began climbing up the rocks first. He climbed up one set and turned around. He reached out his hand towards Jungkook, to help him climb up. Jungkook hesitated, staring at his hyung’s hands. He swallowed down his own saliva hard. Slowly reaching out his hand, his fingers interlocked with his elder’s. He gently lifted up his foot while being raised up by the boy holding onto him tightly.

 

“I’m okay hyung. Th--” Just as he said that, his foot slipped back and he fell backwards. Taehyung still holding onto his hands, strongly pulled him back before he could fall, holding his back with his other arm. He pulled the boy into his arms, embracing him tightly. Their bodies were touching, heart to heart. Taehyung could feel Jungkook’s heart beating rapidly. He felt his own heartbeat starting to race as well. He slowly turned his head, staring into his eyes. Both panting heavily, Jungkook shyly looked away and broke out of Taehyung’s embrace. “T-Thanks hyung. I’m really okay now, sorry.” he apologized.

 

Taehyung cleared his throat awkwardly and turned around. He began to climb up to the next rock ahead. They smoothly reached the top, and went onwards with their hiking trip in silence.

 

“Do you guys hear that?” J-Hope asked. “It sounds like rushing water.”

 

Everybody stood in silence to try to listen. “It sounds more like… a waterfall?” Suga said. They kept walking further as the sound of crashing water grew louder and louder.

 

“It’s a huge waterfall! Guys! I see it!!!” Jimin shouted. He smiled happily and ran towards it with great speed.

 

“Yahh! Hold up wait for us!” Suga yelled out at his partner. He laughed and ran after him.

 

The excited teenagers quickly ran towards the huge open waterfall hidden deep in the forest. The area was surrounded by huge rocks. Inside the rock formation was a large pool of water which was holding the water that fell from above. The water was light blue and crystal clear, like a paradise get away. Jimin took off his backpack and threw it down. He bent down and cupped some water in his hands. It felt cool and crisp in his grasp. He threw it on his hot, sweaty face.

 

“AHH!!! It’s so refreshing!” he exclaimed happily. “Come feel the water you guys!” he signaled them over. All the boys rushed over to the body of water. Sabrina stood back watching them all playing like little kids at the pool. She shook her head, rolled her eyes, and smiled. They all sat down with their bare feet in the water, relaxing in the warm sunlight.

 

“Ahhh, it feels so nice. I wish i could just jump in.” J-Hope complained. “We didn’t bring our towels or change of clothes.

 

“You could always just go in. Your clothes will dry by the time we get back to the campsite.” Sabrina told him.

 

“Nahh, I would feel uncomfortable walking in wet clothes for hours.” he explained.  

 

Suddenly, a voice called out in the distance. It was faint as it echoed through the trees.

 

"IS ANYBODY THERE?! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!" the voice called out.

 

"Did you guys here that?" Jin asked alerted. He turned his head. No one was seen. The wind blew through the trees blowing away the separated leaves on the ground.

 

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!" the voice yelled out again. It began to grow closer.

 

"I hear it!" Sabrina looked around. "HELLO?! WHO'S THERE?!" she shouted out. Everyone was bewildered at the moment.

 

"It sounds like a little kid." Jungkook exclaimed.

 

The sound of leaves crunching grew louder. The pitter patter footsteps of a young boy running towards them. In the distance, Jin saw the small boy running towards them wearing a worn out red sweater. He was running with tears in his eyes. His short black hair was slicked back by the wind as he was running at full speed.

 

"I see him!" Jin yelled out. Everybody got up. The young unknown boy appeared before them. He looked like he was about 10 years old. Tears were streaming down his cheeks.

 

"What's wrong?! What happened?!" Sabrina asked the boy. She crouched down onto her knees in front of him.

 

"M-M-my---- mommy. S-She needs h-h-he-help..." he uttered out while still crying.

 

"Help? What kind of help? Is she sick?" She asked him gently.

 

"N-n-no.. please..help. Sh-she's gonna die!! Please!!!"

 

"Okay! Okay! Let's go! Bring us to her, we'll help you." Sabrina assured him. She held the young boy's hands. Her eyes widened in slight shock. She shook her head and got up. She signaled the boys to follow along.

 

The young boy quickly ran back while the others hastily trailed behind him.

 

"Do you guys think this is a good idea?" Jin asked everyone. They were all running slowly behind the child.

 

"I don't know... but if something really was wrong, it would eat at me forever for just walking away from it." The leader replied stirringly. They all agreed with him, putting their worries aside.

 

“How far is your mom from here, kid?” J-Hope asked him.

 

“N-n-not far! 1 more m-minute!” he replied stuttering.  

 

Before they knew it, they arrived at an open field. In the distance, there was a huge house in the middle of the field. It looked like an old farmhouse. It was a little worn out on the outside but still looked normal enough to live in. The grass was of the field was on the verge of death. They were worn out and shriveled.  All the members stopped in their tracks and looked up at the house. “W-what the hell? What is a house doing in the middle of the forest?” Jimin asked with a slight shake in his voice. “I thought he meant they were camping out here too.. not that he lived here..” Sabrina said. She looked back at everyone with an uneasy facial expression.

 

Just then, the sounds of a woman screaming came from inside the house. The scream pierced the ears of the young teenagers.

 

“What the is going on in there?!” Namjoon asked freaked out.

 

“MOMMY!!!!!!” The boy shouted out. He ran at full speed towards his house.

 

“WAIT!” Sabrina yelled out. But the young boy had already disappeared into the distance.

 

“.. what do we do?!” J-Hope asked. The atmosphere was tense. With everybody’s minds wandering off everywhere, it was hard to grasp the situation. A scream escaped from the house again. Sabrina clenched her fist and teeth. Without saying anything, she ran off towards the house by herself.

 

“YAH!! COME BACK HERE!” J-Hope yelled out at her. Without hesitation, he quickly ran after her. The rest of the boys let out a deep breath and quickly followed along. The screams were still coming from inside the house. Sabrina ran without stopping. She had reached the front door of the house and reached out for the door knob. She tried to turn it but the it was locked. She hectically banged onto the door with her hands.

 

“HEY! WHO’S IN THERE?! OPEN THE DOOR I’M HERE TO HELP!” she yelled out. But the screaming only continued from inside. A man's voice could be heard inside along with the screams. J-Hope appeared behind her.

 

"The door's locked! I don't know how we'll get in!" Sabrina said panicking.


J-Hope without hesitation, lifted up his right foot and kicked at the door. As hard as he kicked, it still wouldn’t budge. “Move, move!” Suga yelled out. “The ones with the strongest legs will do this.” he grinned and looked over at Jimin. He nodded to his elder. They both stood side by side and lifted up one leg.

 

“3! 2! 1! KICK!” Suga counted down. As both of the powerful dancers kicked in unison, the door managed to bust open. They high fived each other and cheered. “Pft… I greased it up for you guys.” J-Hope grumbled. Another scream came from inside. Everybody quickly ran inside the door. The house was all trashed on the inside. The furniture looked ripped and cut up. There was glass all over the floor. Broken dishes, cups, and picture frames all were scattered all over the worn out wooden floor. The walls were covered in ripped up, deteriorating wallpaper.

 

“GET AWAY FROM ME YOU ING PSYCHO!!!!” The woman’s voice screamed. The voice was coming from above them. The boys quickly looked around for a staircase up.

 

“Over here guys!” Jin yelled out. They all quickly ran upstairs. There were four different doors in the hallway. They split to go open one door each to find where the woman was screaming. Jimin had opened the bathroom door. Suga had opened a bedroom which looked like a little kids. Taehyung opened a door which was just a closet. J-Hope tried to open up his door but it was locked. The doorknob rattled as he repeatedly shook it. He knocked on the door hard.

 

“OPEN UP THE DOOR! WE’RE HERE TO HELP YOU!” He yelled out. The sound of cries only came from the room afterwards. “Let’s kick it down again.” Jimin suggested to Suga. He nodded as they began their stance. The two of them lifted up their legs and forcefully kicked at the door. It managed to budge a little but was still closed shut. They took a deep breath and nodded. “Again!” as they both kicked the old wooden door again in unison. The door managed to fly open, revealing a woman on the ground in the corner of the room. Her figure was small and petite. Her hair was jet black, and she was wearing a torn up blouse covered in dried up blood. Her head was covered by all her hair as she was looking down at the ground, crying. Her skin looked pale. There was also a tall, skinny man standing in the room, holding a bat. He was wearing an old styled flannel shirt with overalls and work boots. He looked like your average farmer/lumberjack. He had a menacing look to him. Sabrina quickly ran over to the woman who was sitting in the corner.

 

“Ma’am! Are you okay?! Ma’am?!?” she reached out her hands and shook her. Sabrina noticed something weird going on at that moment. The woman just kept crying. The man in the room acted like nothing had happened and raised up his bat. It looked as if he was about to strike the woman, as she already looked beaten and battered up by him. Namjoon and J-Hope quickly ran up to him, grabbed his arms and tried to hold him back.

 

“WOAH! What are you doing?!” Namjoon uttered out at the man. He ignored them and aggressively pushed them off, making them fly against the wall.

“YAH!” Jungkook yelled out. He ran up to the man and gripped on tightly to his leg, trying to hold him back. Jimin, Suga, and Jin were all standing in front of the vulnerable woman trying to protect her from being hit. Taehyung stood at the doorway looking around the room, carefully analyzing the situation. There was 2 windows in the room. Taehyung swiftly ran into the room and glided across the floor. He managed to steal the bat out of the man’s hand as he slid past him.

 

“HYUNG! GET HIM!” Jungkook shouted out to him. He got up and struck the bat in the man’s leg, opposite to where Jungkook was holding. Suga and Jimin then ran up to him and tackled him with full force. The direction they tackled was in the direction of one of the windows. The fragile glass had shattered as the man’s body flew out and fell down onto the ground outside. They all looked out the window in shock as they saw the man’s body laying on the ground, motionless. Jungkook, Jimin, Suga, Taehyung, Namjoon, Jin, and J-Hope hasted out the door and down the stairs. Sabrina wanted to stay with the woman but she got up and ran down the stairs as well to go check up on the situation. They all stormed outside the door and began to look around.

 

“What the ?! Where did he go?! He’s NOT HERE!” Suga yelled out in fear. Jimin put his hands on his hand as he began to panic. “His body was just right here, what the is going on around here?! He just disappeared!”

 

“Are you guys sure it was right here?!” Sabrina asked them. They began to walk all around the outside of the house to find nothing in sight.

 

“This is freaking me out… did he just walk up and run away somewhere?!” Jin asked frantically. Sabrina ran back inside abruptly and dashed up the stairs. She opened the door where the incident happened. To her dismay, there was nobody in the room. The corner where the woman was sitting at earlier was empty. Sabrina looked around the room in shock. Her heart started to race from adrenaline. Sweat rolled down her forehead as her eyes looked back and forth in the room. She ran out and ran back down the stairs.

 

“THE WOMAN IS GONE TOO!” she shouted out. Her voice shook slightly. As she reached the bottom of the stairs, she noticed she had stepped on something. She looked down to find a cracked picture frame underneath her foot. Using her right hand, she brushed her hair back behind her ears, bent down and picked up the framed picture. Her eyes widened in horror. Her eyes shifted back and forth. Her arms started to shake vigorously.

 

“G-g-guys..?” she barely let out. The guys saw Sab who was frozen in place. They walked up behind her and peeked at what she was looking at.

 

“It’s just a family picture of them.” J-Hope said. “What’s the big deal?”

 

“Look at the date on the picture.” she said, as her lips quivered. They took a closer look at the framed photo.

 

March 25, 1954.

 

“L-L-look… it’s the little boy we met earlier… he looks exactly the same in this picture as how we saw him. How the is that possible if the picture was taken 60 years ago?!” Sabrina protested.

 

“You’re right…” Suga agreed with her. Jin suddenly shook his body. “Oh my god, I’m getting the creeps.” he said, not being able to stay in one place. Jungkook suddenly clung onto his hyung from behind, embracing him with a tight back hug. He was terrified at what was happening. He closed his eyes and dug his face into Taehyung’s back. He was shaking in fear. Taehyung was taken by surprise as he lifted his arms up.

 

“y--yah..” he said softly. “Are you really that scared?” Jungkook only replied with a head nod with his face still dug into his elder’s back. He didn’t really know what to do at the time to comfort him. He slowly put his arms down and put his hands over Jungkook’s hands which were wrapped around him. The warmth of Taehyung’s big, soft hands had calmed Jungkook down a little. He was able to stop his body from shaking.

 

At that moment, everybody looked at each other in silence as to what they were to do now.

 

“Let’s just get out of here and get back to the campsite. I’m a little freaked out right now too.” Namjoon suggested.

 

“Good idea Namjoon, I agree. Let’s go ha ha ha ha.” Jin laughed forcefully and quickly headed out the door. Sabrina walked over and carefully placed the family portrait on the staircase behind her. She wiped a tear from her eye.

 

“I’m sorry that you guys had to suffer through all that.” she spoke to the picture. “I hope you guys can at least rest a little easier.” she sobbed.

 

Back when they had their first encounter with the boy near the waterfall, Sab had grabbed his hands. His hands felt as cold as ice which was unsettling to her at first. Then when she grabbed the woman in the room by the shoulders, she felt as if the woman’s joints and bones were going to snap because they were so weak. By putting the puzzle pieces together, she came to the conclusion that they had encountered the unsettled spirits that had haunted the woods for the past couple of years. The boy with hands that were as cold as ice was the family’s only son who was drowned in the body of water where the waterfall was. The mother who had the body of a skeleton was beaten and battered to death by her husband, who committed suicide by jumping out of the window of the top floor.

 

Sabrina couldn’t help but cry heartily for the family who suffered through a horrible life. J-Hope came back looking for Sab, to find her crying. He let out a little smile and walked up to her. He wrapped his arms around her, embracing her vulnerable body. Allowing her to cry into his shoulder, he gently her hair and slowly guided her out of the house.

 

As they began to walk away from the house, Sabrina turned around one last time. She saw in the window, the little boy whom they had met earlier. He was looking at them, waving his hands goodbye at them with a big happy smile on his face. Sabrina smiled widely with tears still strolling down her face.

 

“Goodbye buddy.” she whispered.

_____________________________________________


About after an hour of walking mindlessly around the forest, the group managed to find their way back to the campsite. Night had slowly fallen, as the cold filled the air. Everything seemed as normal as can be, as all the other students were casually hanging around at their own campsites. Since the group was all shaken up and frightened from their experience today, they all agreed to squeeze into one tent and sleep together for their last night camping.

_____________________________________________

A/N: Thanks for reading chapter 9 of "A Little Love Won't Hurt!" Sorry if this chapter gave you a little bit of fright lol. I literally turned the story into a teen horror movie. I didn't really mean for it to necessarily be a scary thing, but more of a heartwarming thing. (It makes no sense right, I know.) Our group has encountered a supernatural occurance! Although it was traumatizing, it has brought everybody closer together as they all experienced it together. Camping has come to an end, so new adventures are soon to come! Stay tuned!

(I wish I could be more descriptive when it comes to writing but I can't lmao)

Please leave a comment telling me what you think! Comments make me happy!