Jin's Birthday - 2

A Little Love Won't Hurt

Chapter 14: Jin's Birthday - 2

 

 

 

“I can’t believe you did that.” J-Hope exclaimed while still giggling to himself.

 

“Neither can I.” Sabrina admitted. “Who was that girl anyways…? She kept blabbering on and on about messing with her baby boo J-Hope.” she explained sarcastically. J-Hope’s face grew red as he scratched the back of his neck slightly.

 

“Uhh, yeah.. about that.” he uttered nervously. “She’s kind of my ex.” he hesitated. Sabrina, Jimin, and Jungkook looked at him in confusion. “Her name is Emily.”

 

“What?!” they said in unison. He shifted his gaze towards the ground in embarrassment.

 

“Yeah…” he muttered. “We dated for about a year. I broke it off with her a couple of months ago, but I guess she still hasn’t gotten over me.” Sabrina lifted up her fist, sending a big whopping punch striking J-Hope’s upper arm.

 

“OW! YAH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” he yelped out in pain.

 

“YAH!! WHY AM I DRAGGED INTO THIS THEN?!” she shouted in irritation. “Ever since I got involved with you guys, there’s always trouble waiting for me around the corner.” she crossed her arms. “I don’t even know why she thinks I’m trying to get at you!!” she rolled her eyes and pouted.

 

J-Hope looked up at Sabrina’s face while rubbing his arm. He let out a small chuckle.

 

“Sorry.” he apologized to her. “I didn’t know something like this would happen because of me.” He couldn’t help but smile looking at her pouty face.

 

“Sorry I caused a ruckus at your birthday Jin. I didn’t intend on causing trouble today..” she apologized sincerely. She bowed in embarrassment. He smiled and laughed slightly.

 

“Don’t worry about it. It’s okay.” He assured her. “To tell you the truth, I never really liked her anyways. She’s kind of a .” he whispered. “Hoseok is nuts to have been able to date her for a full year.”

 

“YAH! It was a dark time.” he replied laughing.

 

“Hey, I don’t mean to interrupt our little group session but there’s a whole bunch of people outside and an angry girl still floating in the pool.” Namjoon added.

 

"Oh yeah.. we should probably go check on that." Jin scratched the back of his neck and chuckled.

__________________

 

"YAH!!! TELL THAT TO COME OUT HERE NOW!" Emily screamed out furiously. Steam was basically coming out of her nostrils as she breathed heavily.

 

"Yah, how about you go and get lost?" J-Hope said to her rudely. "Stop causing a ruckus at someone else's party you ignorant girl."

 

"What do you even see in her?! She's so ugly! I'm prettier than her! I'm better than her! Why are you choosing her over me Hoseok?!" she whined with tears strolling down her eyes.

 

"Stop it. We've been broken up for months already."

 

"So what? I still love you..." she uttered out. "And I know that deep down inside, you still love me too."

 

J-Hope sighed in disappointment. "Please Emily. Just leave." he said calmly.

 

"Come on, let's go." her friend urged tugging on her arm.

 

"Why do you keep denying it?!" she said as her friend began to drag her out. "This isn't over Hoseok!" she yelled out. He sighed in relief as she exited the party, relieving the tension in the atmosphere. He walked up onto the stage and picked up the microphone. After tapping on the top of it a few times, he cleared his throat.

 

"Attention everybody." he announced. "I'm sorry if the event that had occurred tonight has ruined the mood. But please, enjoy the rest of your night and have fun!"

 

The crowd all cheered as if nothing ever happened.

___________________

 

The three teens along with BTS were seated at their table minding their own business.

 

"Are you guys ready?" Suga asked with a menacing look on his face. He had something hidden behind his back.

 

"Ready for what hyung?" Jungkook asked curiously. Suga smiled creepily and slowly revealed what was in his hands.

 

"Truth or dare." he said holding an empty bottle in front of everybody. All the members of BTS suddenly groaned and complained.

 

"What? What's wrong with truth or dare?" Jimin asked.

 

"This happens every single year." Jin explained. "Every time we play this game, at least one of us ends up getting wasted by the end of the night."

 

"Ooo, sounds fun! I'm in." Sabrina said excitedly.

 

"Yah, it gets pretty crazy. Are you sure?" J-Hope asked caringly.

 

"Oh shut up and spin the bottle." she replied sassily. He laughed and began to explain the rules.

 

"Okay so, these are the rules of the game. We go clockwise taking turns spinning the bottle. Whoever the bottle points to has to take a truth or dare. If you refuse the dare, you must drink a glass of soju beer. And if you refuse to answer to the truth statement you drink too. Got it?" J-Hope explained.

 

"But I've never drank alcohol before..." Jungkook whispered over to Sabrina.

 

"Well, there's a first time for everything. Don't worry, it's not that bad." she whispered back to him with assurance. Jungkook trusted her words and nervously gulped down.

 

It was Yoongi's turn to go first. He carefully set down the green glass bottle in the middle of the table. The anticipation began to build up. Sweat was forming on everyone's foreheads. As he set his hand on the bottle and tilted his wrist, the bottle began to spin at great speed.

 

Please don't be me! Please don't be me!  Jungkook pleaded in his head.

 

Please be me! Please be me!  Jimin kept chanting in his head. As the bottle began to slow down, it finally pointed to it's target; Kim Taehyung. Everyone ooo'd as if he has just gotten called down to the principal's office. He sighed in disbelief. Yoongi laughed menacingly clapping his hands.  

 

"V! My man!" Suga said playfully. "What's it going to be? Truth or dare?" Taehyung hesitated for a moment. After deep thinking he uttered out, "D-dare..."

 

"ooooooooo, V is being a big boy!" Suga exclaimed. "Hmm, alright..." he squinted his eyes and looked around with his hand curled up covering his mouth. Meanwhile, Namjoon grabbed a can of beer and a bottle of soju, mixing it into a glass.

 

"I dare you to tell that girl you've been crushing on her and ask for her number." Suga said pointing to a random girl at the party.

 

"What?!" Taehyung argued in disbelief. Suga shrugged. "Hey, either do it or drink. Your choice." he smiled. Taehyung grabbed the glass of soju beer without hesitation and quickly chugged it down. Jungkook's eyes widened at the sight of him. The loud sounds of the gulping, and the sight of his large, manly adams apple sticking out. Watching the liquid travel smoothly down his throat was intriguing to him. Taehyung let out a loud "Ahhh!" of satisfaction after finishing and burped slightly into his hand. The members all laughed. He his lips making Jungkook feel a bit weird. But not necessarily in a bad way.

 

"Alright, time for me to spin!" Jin said excitedly. He set his hand on the glass bottle and spun it with great strength. Namjoon began to refill the glass again for the next victim. The bottle began to slow down, pointing to it's next target; J-Hope who was sitting right next to him.

His head dropped in despair as Jin began to laugh.  

 

"So Hoseok-ah.. Truth or dare?"

 

"Truth. Let's get this over with."

 

"Aw, you're no fun." his elder complained. "Alright here's a question." he said slyly. "Are you currently crushing on somebody right now?" J-Hope shot Jin a glance of betrayal. Jin smiled brightly and enjoyed his reaction. He looked around at everyone's expressions who seemed interested. He quickly grabbed the cold mug of alcohol and gulped it down quickly.

 

"ooooo, he is!" Namjoon . "Who??"

 

"NEXT!" J-hope dodged the question. He quickly grabbed a hold of the bottle in the middle of the table and quickly spun it. It swiveled round and round making the teens nervous. It finally made a stop pointing towards it’s next victim…or.. previous victim; Kim Taehyung. His anticipated expression suddenly turned into a slouch of depression as his head dropped down in disappointment. He let out a big sigh. “Truth.” he said out plainly. J-Hope was thinking long and hard of a good question to ask Taehyung. He really wanted to embarrass him in front of their new friends so he suddenly blurted out,

 

“Have you touched yourself recently?” he asked casually. Everybody suddenly looked surprised at the question. Taehyung looked up at J-Hope menacingly and let out a laugh of disbelief.

 

“Yah! You’re so inappropriate!” Sabrina slapped J-Hope’s hand. Although she was also curious turning her attention towards Taehyung. Jungkook’s face suddenly turned red at the thought of the question. Taehyung rolled his eyes grabbing the soju beer and quickly chugging it down without hesitation.

 

“oooooohhhhhh he has!!!~” J-Hope said playfully laughing along with everybody else at the table. Jungkook suddenly had different images running through his mind. His face was now burning bright red as the dirty scenarios began to showcase in his mind over and over. He quickly shook his head trying to rid of his erted thoughts. Taehyung was already starting to feel a little tipsy from taking down two drinks in a row. Many of his thoughts gradually began to go vague.

 

“NEXT!!” Namjoon yelled out.

 

Jimin reached out for the green bottle. He spun it with great force building up anticipation at the table. The bottle stopped and pointed over at it’s next target; Min Yoongi.

 

“Oh.. Suga hyung!” Jimin said playfully adjusting his black snapback on his head. “Truth or dare?” Suga’s head slouched slightly from being picked. He hesitated for a moment and muttered out, “truth..” Right away, Jimin asked him straight out,

 

“Have you ever dated someone?” As soon as the words slipped from his mouth, he was suddenly shocked at his own actions. Oh my god, why did I just ask that? I said it right after too… ! Did I make it too obvious?! Suga raised his eyebrows slightly at the question.

 

“Me? Hmm…. I don’t know.” he said slowly. “I’ve been in so many relationships it’s so hard to keep track…”

 

J-Hope nudged him. “Yah! It’s truth. Stop lying you idiot.” he laughed. Suga began to laugh along.

 

“I’m just kidding. I’ve never been in a relationship before.” he said sincerely. After hearing those words, Jimin suddenly felt at ease for the time being. Trying to hold in his happiness, he simply nodded coolly as if it was no big deal. Yoongi shot him a gummy smile making his heart start to flutter once again. The bottle suddenly began to spin again at the whim of Sabrina’s wrist.

 

“Come on baby, give me something good!” she said excitedly. Music was bumping loudly in the background of the party. The bass rang so hard it began to cause the table to vibrate shifting the bottle around. It stopped and landed towards it’s next victim; Jeon Jungkook. Sabrina laughed maniacally. Jungkook looked scared at the thought of Sabrina’s wish for him. “I’ll do dare….” he said lowly.

 

“Ehh, I’ll go easy on you for now.” she said patting him on the shoulder. “I dare you to slap Taehyung on the back of the head.”

 

“Huh?!” Jungkook asked bewildered.

 

“WHAT?!” Taehyung shouted immediately. He looked at Jungkook who was contemplating on whether or not to complete his dare. He took a deep breath and looked back at his elder.

 

“Sorry hyung, I don’t really want to drink alcohol right now.” he said pitifully. Without letting Taehyung respond, he swiftly swung his hand striking the back of the brown haired boy’s head. The impact of the hit was so loud that even all the others could feel the pain.

 

“OWW! YAH!” Taehyung shouted in pain. “You hit me really hard!” Jungkook bowed in his seat a few times apologizing towards his elder, but also started to laugh as the other participants were laughing at his pain. Taehyung grimly rubbed the back of his head while the air through his teeth. It was now Jungkook’s turn to spin. He tightly gripped onto the bottle and spun it as hard as he could. Of course, the victim ended up being none other than Kim Taehyung… AGAIN.

 

“Wooow. V-ah looks like you’ve been cursed lately.” Jin commented laughing. He grunted in distress and awaited for instructions.

 

“Okay hyung, truth or dare?” he asked softly.

 

“Urgh….dare..” he muttered out slowly. He didn’t want to be embarrassed by nonsense questions again. Jungkook smirked to himself as he thought of a perfect dare.

 

“Okay then. I dare you to go up on stage and dance to a girl group song.” he smiled brightly at the thought of it. Taehyung’s head suddenly dropped down low again in agony. He sighed loudly. Suga chuckled as he began to pour the soju beer in the glass for V.

“Ya can’t count on him to do things like that Jungkook-ah.” he told the younger boy. He filled the glass up full and handed it over to Taehyung. “Here, just get it over with.” he gestured at him.

 

“What song?” Taehyung replied abruptly. All the members of BTS’s eyes grew wide in surprise.

 

“Y-yah. What did you just ask?” Namjoon thought he was hearing things.

 

“What song do I have to dance to?” he repeated again. They all shot each other glances of disbelief with their mouths slightly dropped open. Jungkook was surprised as well as he didn’t think Taehyung would even consider it.

 

“Uhh… oh! I got one. Ladies Code’s - Kiss Kiss!” he suggest excitedly.

 

“I don’t know the dance to that.” he replied blandly.

 

“Wow hyung, it’s easy. Here I’ll teach you first.” the younger boy offered. They both got up from their chairs and stood to the side to practice some of the dancing.

 

“First you bend down and put your hands like this at the first beat. Then you rise up spreading your hands apart like this, shoulder width. Then kick your foot to the right then to the left with your finger following the motion on top of your lips.” He explained while demonstrating. Taehyung gradually began to follow along while watching Jungkook’s moves carefully. Despite how dumb he looked, he wasn’t too worried about that since he was getting a private dance lesson from his dongsaeng. Nothing else mattered at the moment except that they were standing near each other and him being able to do something that Jungkook enjoys.

 

“Then you just rock your hips back and forth while turning your upper body slightly in each direction. At the last beat you make a cross with your arms.” he demonstrated. “Got it?”

 

“Errr… I think so.” he said uncertain. “Can you demonstrate the whole thing for me one more time?”

 

“Sure no problem hyung.” he replied happily. The truth of the matter is, Taehyung already got the dance down in his head but he just wanted to see Jungkook dance in front of him another time. As the jet black haired boy rocked his hips, a smile formed on his face that he hid with his hands.

_____________________

 

J-Hope went off to the back of the stage to plug in Taehyung’s phone to play the song to dance to. He stood upon the stage and looked down at the audience who was curious as to what he was going to do. Jin, Namjoon, and Sabrina took out their phones and got their camera ready. J-Hope pressed play and the song started. While on stage, all Taehyung thought about was watching Jungkook teach him how to dance to the song and accurately followed his moves. He dropped down and up, swinging around, rocking his hips without a problem. Everybody at the party began to cheer for V who was doing something that was completely out of character. Jungkook had the biggest smile on his face watching him dance so passionately to the song. Without thinking, he quickly ran up on stage beside his elder and joined him in the dance routine. Taehyung looked over at him confused and surprised. The crowd began to cheer louder seeing two cute boys performing like girls on stage. Without even practicing much, they were perfectly in sync during their dance performance. As the song came to an end, the audience gave a huge roaring round of applause and screamed in cheers for Kim Taehyung who was now out of breath and sweating. Jungkook who was standing next to him showed off a bright gummy smile and grabbed onto his elder’s wrist. He was caught by surprise at the touch of his warm grip. He led him into a bow towards the audience and laughed while clapping his hands afterwards. Taehyung’s face suddenly broke out into a huge smile as he looked at Jungkook and back towards the crowd. They both walked down from the stage and ran back to their table.

 

“Oh my god, you guys were so cute up there!” Sabrina squealed, “and I got it all on camera ayeee.”

 

“Let me see it!” Jungkook asked reaching out for her phone. He sat down on the chair beside Taehyung who was looking over at the phone as well to watch their performance. Their faces quickly curved into smiles of happiness and embarrassment as they analyzed their performance. Taehyung moved closer to watch closely at it. So close that Jungkook could feel his hot breath running down his neck. It threw him off for a bit making it a little hard for him to focus on watching the video.

 

Ahh.. I think he’s a little too close.. he thought to himself. But he didn’t want to say anything as he was in a happy mood.  

________________________

 

The teens continued on with their game of truth or dare afterwards for another hour or so. By the time the game almost ended, everybody was slightly buzzed…. except for Taehyung, who had to drink 8 glasses of soju beer. He had gone over the border of tipsy to being drunk. Jungkook didn’t consume any alcohol as he answered every truth and performed every dare he was asked. There was one last spin left which belonged to Jin. He sluggishly grabbed hold of the bottle and span it with all his might for the last round. The bottle swiveled around finally pointing to it’s last and final victim; Sabrina Pan. She gasped in disbelief and rested her head on the table.

 

“Dare.” she said without him asking. Jin wanted to make the final dare count and thought of the best thing he could.

 

“Alright then. I dare you to give J-Hope a kiss.” he said casually. J-Hope suddenly sprang up from his tipsy slouch at the words.

 

“WHAT?!” he asked in surprise. “Yah!” he whined. He looked over at Sabrina who raised her head up a little looking at him. He smiled awkwardly in embarrassment. He quickly grabbed a can of beer and soju to fill up for her. As he wasn’t paying attention while filling up the glass, he suddenly felt a warm peck on his right cheek. His eyes widened and his face lit up. He turned his face to see Sabrina standing before him smiling and falling over slightly unable to keep her balance.

 

Did she…. just… he couldn’t even think straight after that. His face burned bright red along with his ears. His heart suddenly began to race at light speed.

 

“ooooooooo,” everybody at the table said in surprise.

 

“Yah, that was cheap.” Jin complained to Sabrina.

 

“Hey, you didn’t say where to kiss him that’s your fault you idiot.” she shrugged sarcastically and went back to her seat. J-Hope was completely frozen in his seat.

 

“Well, that wraps up our game for tonight.” Jin announced and got up to go to the bathroom. Everybody began to get up from their seats and went on their own ways to enjoy the rest of the night. Jungkook who was still seated noticed that Taehyung left his phone on the table.

 

“Hyung!” he called out to his elder, but he didn’t hear him because of the loud music still pumping in the background. He was talking to a few guys at the party who he seemed to know. Jungkook grabbed the phone off the table and walked up to him tapping him on the shoulder.


“Hyung, you forgot your phone on the table.” he said handing it to him. Taehyung squinted his right eye and almost fell over just from turning around. He nodded his head. “Ahh- thanks.” he said grabbing it and stuffing it in his pants pocket. Jungkook smiled began to walk away.

 

“Yah V-ssi, do you hang out with that ?” The guy he was talking to asked him. Taehyung didn’t really hear what the guy said. “Doesn’t he go to our school? I heard he was a queer.” The other guy added as they both laughed. “I’m surprised he hasn’t tried to anyone’s tonight.” Taehyung was suddenly confused at why they were saying things like that. He turned around to see Jungkook standing in place with his back turned towards them and his head looking down at the ground slightly. He heard everything that the guys said. His hands were turned into fists as he stood still. He slowly began to walk away in a stiff motion. His heart suddenly sunk at the sight. He turned back over to the guys in front of him.

 

“YAH!” he shouted fiercely. “That’s not ing cool to go around saying when you don’t even know the guy. off.” he said slurring a few of his words.

 

“Woah V. Why are you even defending him? Are you actually friends with that ?” The guy asked talking in a rather fresh tone. Taehyung’s blood began to boil at those words. He violently shoved him down to the ground drawing some attention.

 

“I told you to shut the up and stop saying that word.” he said angrily. “Next time, just listen and we won’t have a problem.” The guy looked at him with fear and apologized. “V-v-v-ssi.. I’m sorry.” Taehyung quickly turned around and ran after Jungkook who was walking near the pool. He began to stumble along the way but managed not to fall. He caught up to the black haired boy and tugged at his arm turning him around.

 

“Jungkook-ah---” he uttered and paused. He revealed the younger boy’s face whose eyes were red and puffy.

 

Was he crying?

 

Jungkook sniffled slightly. “Hyung..” he muttered out in a shaky voice. The two boys were both standing near the pool side face to face.  

 

“Are you okay? Taehyung asked gently. Jungkook slid his arm across his eyes quickly and smiled.

 

“I’m fine hyung.” he said trying to shift his voice to a happier tone. “Go back to your friends, I’m sorry if interrupted your conversation.” he apologized. “I guess nothing good really comes from being around me.” he said with a fake smile as his lips began to quiver slightly. He freed his arm from Taehyung’s grip and began to walk away. Those words suddenly made Taehyung’s heart drop. He felt guilty. He felt regret. Regret that no matter how much he wanted to comfort his friend, he couldn’t at that exact moment. He watched as Jungkook walked away.

 

“Jungkook-ah….” he slurred in a low voice.

 

No… I can’t just let him go like that…


I can’t do that..

 

I won’t do that!

 

The light brown haired boy began to try to chase after him. He began to stumble again as he tried to pick up his pace. “Jungko--” he called out. He suddenly slipped on the small puddle of water from the pool. Losing his balance, the intoxicated teen drifted to the side falling straight into the pool of water. A loud splash was heard and sounds of teens gasping and oh my goding were filling the air. Jungkook turned around to look at what happened. His eyes widened in fear as he saw a body float up to the top of the water.

 

“Is that…?” the word escaped from his mouth in a low voice. He finally came to his senses after realizing what he was looking was indeed his friend floating in the pool…not moving.

 

“HYUNG?!” he cried out.

______________________

A/N: Hey everybody. Thanks for reading chapter 14 of "A Little Love Won't Hurt." Sorry it took a while to update, I've started college recently so I haven't had enough time to write like before. And sorry if the writing in here is awkward I wrote this at 2 am and didn't read it over. I'll try to update whenever I can. I suggested Ladies Code's song in memory of EunB's and RiSe's passing away this week. It really is heartbreaking. Anyways, leave a comment telling me what you think.

Subscribe & upvote! Stay tuned for the next part. 

 

// MAIN POSTER UPDATED.