What is this? Boys over Flowers?!

A Little Love Won't Hurt

WARNING: This chapter contains some graphic language and mild violence.
 

 

 

Chapter 4: What is this? Boys Over Flowers?!
 



 

“Hyung, how are we supposed to finish our poster by Monday if we only have this one class together. We can’t do it in gym class.” Jungkook complained.

 

He looked at Taehyung straight in the eyes with a puppy eye gaze.Taehyung was caught off guard and suddenly shot up. He cleared his throat and turned his head, avoiding eye contact.

“Ahem, hmm.” He took a moment to gather his thoughts. He occasionally shifted his eyes to Jungkook who still had no idea how they would be able to get the poster done. He was sitting with his face resting on his hand, elbow to the desk, with a slight frown on his face. He gave off the look for a helpless child for that brief moment. Taehyung looked off to the side again.

 

“I...I g-guess you can come to my house after school.” he uttered to Jungkook. His face started to burn into a slight pinkish color. He looked over at Jungkook who seemed to be lost in his thoughts once again.

 

“Y-yah! Did you hear what I said?!” Taehyung shouted at him.

 

“Hmm… are you sure Hyung? I don’t want you to feel weird and uncomfortable. You said yourself that you see me as a stalker.” Jungkook said jokingly.

 

Taehyung started to fiddle around with his fingers. He gradually started to build up the courage to say what he wanted to say.

 

“S-sorry.” he muttered out in a low voice. He still continued to avoid eye contact with him. His face was flustered. “About accusing you of stalking me.” he added.

 

Jungkook looked at him and smiled. “It’s okay Hyung, I forgive you.” he said in a friendly tone. He let out a giggle. “If you insist, then alright. I can probably go over today if you want.” Jungkook insisted.

 

“T-Today?!” Taehyung was surprised, “Whatever,” he replied coolly and started to pack up his belongings. Jungkook was filled with joy. Not because he’s been granted permission to go to Taehyung’s house, but at the fact that they’ll actually have a chance of doing their project. Jungkook is always very sensitive when it comes to his grades, therefore he is happy that he won’t necessarily fail his first project of the semester.

 

The bell rang as first period ended. Jungkook quickly packed up his books into his backpack and got up from his seat. Without paying attention, his left foot was still behind the leg of the chair. When he tried to walk, his foot collided with the chair leg and he was about to trip. Taehyung shifted forward and grabbed Jungkook’s arm with both of his hands, preventing him from toppling over.

 

Jungkook scratched the top of his head and chuckled, “Ah, thanks Hyung. I really am such a klutz sometimes.”

 

“Watch what you’re doing you next time, you idiot!” Taehyung shouted at him in a serious tone. "Aish..."

 

Taehyung walked out of the classroom as Jungkook stood at his desk still. He had a surprised look on his face. What’s his problem? Jungkook thought to himself.

 

________________________________________________________________


 

“Bounce to the left then to the right three times. Then slide to the left and bring both arms out in a circular motion. Then immediately slide back to the right, crouch down while holding your knees, and bobble your head.” Suga had just demonstrated a part of the choreography he and Jimin had been practicing together.

 

“Can you do it one more time, Suga Hyung?” Jimin asked cutely while pointing his index finger up. Suga laughed, started the song over and proceeded to show the dance steps again.

 

                   BOY IN LUV

“Wae nae mameul heundeuneun geonde

Wae nae mameul heundeuneun geonde

Wae nae mameul heundeuneun geonde

Heundeuneun geonde heundeuneun geonde”

 

Jimin carefully analyzed Suga’s moves and techniques in dancing. He watched the way he popped, his motions, and his energy. His sharp clean moves amazed him in many ways. Seeing the legend up close and personal, Jimin felt blessed to be able to learn from him. His mouth always dropped wide open when watching his elder’s perform. He admired him so much, and swore to live up to his elder’s expectations.

When his hyung had finished, Jimin clapped loudly and cheered pretending to be an audience with a big smile on his face.

 

“Min Yoongi! Min Yoongi! Min Yoongi!” he shouted out playfully. Suga showed off a gummy smile of embarrassment and ruffled Jimin’s hair. “Go, now it’s your turn.” he pushed him towards the center and grabbed his bottle of water.

 

Nervous as ever having to dance in front of Min Yoongi, Jimin closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He tried to zone out everything except the sound of the music. When the music started, Jimin opened his eyes and smoothly went along with the rhythm. Suga watched his dongsaeng carefully as a smile started to form on his face. His nodded his head in satisfaction while watching the performance. Jimin quickly caught onto the choreography instructions and nailed it. His elder clapped, walked up to him and nudged him on the head. “Good job kid, you’re not bad at all.” he laughed playfully. Jimin couldn’t help but have the biggest smile on his face. The sense of satisfaction he received was unbelievable since a person he admired greatly had just complimented him. His face became flustered.

 

“Ready to do it together?” Suga asked him.” Jimin nodded and stood beside his elder. He looked in the mirror. Seeing both of them standing side by side. It was as if he was dreaming. As the music started, they both rode along with the rhythm with no other worries. The only thought running in Jimin’s head was to be able to cherish this moment forever.

 

______________________________________________________________

 

It was right before lunch break. The boys decided to meet up at Sabrina’s locker first, then set off to lunch together. They saw her walking down the halls and ran up behind her.

 

“So, you guys wanna do something after school today?” Sabrina asked the boys.

 

"I can't today..." Jungkook replied hesitantly. "I'm going over Taehyung’s house after school today..." he let out an awkward laugh.

 

"What the hell Kookie?! Why are you going over HIS house?'" Sabrina scolded.

 

"I have no other choice." he scratched the back of his neck. "We have a math project to do and we only have time to do it after school so..."

 

"Whatever." Sabrina interrupted. "I know it's not your fault, but just know what you're getting yourself into. Be careful Kookie. I don't want you ending up hurt again." She said gently.

 

"I won't Sab. Don't worry." He assured her and smiled.

 

"I also can't hang out today. I have dance practice with Suga Hyung after school." Jimin added.

 

Sabrina and Jungkook paused and stared at Jimin. "Suga Hyung?" They both said in unison. Sabrina raised her right eyebrow.

 

"W-what?!" Jimin asked flustered. "We were paired together for dance class!"

 

"And you were gonna tell us this, when?" Sabrina replied sassily.

 

"Sorry.. It slipped my mind." Jimin apologized to her. They arrived at her locker and turned to each other.

 

"So what, we're all buddy buddy with BTS now?" Sabrina asked sarcastically. She seemed disappointed.

 

"No! It's not our fault we have the same classes with them. It's just for school purposes." Jimin got defensive.

 

Sabrina opened her locker and looked inside. She froze for a moment.

 

"Look Sab, we're really sorry that it all turned out like this." Jimin told her. "Don't be mad at us."

 

She slammed her locker shut and silently walked away. She seemed very irritated.

 

"Is she really mad over this?" Jungkook asked his friend. They both stared at her walk away. Jimin shrugged. "Let's just leave her alone for now, she probably wants to space." Jimin suggested. Jungkook agreed as they both headed off to the cafeteria.

 

Sabrina walked hastily outside through the school courtyard. How long are they gonna act so god damned childish?  She thought to herself. The reason Sabrina walked away so abruptly wasn't because she was mad at her friends. Inside her locker was a picture of herself with drawings and writing all over it. There were scratch marks all over her face, as well as red coloring to look like blood. Written all over the picture were death threats.

 

"KILL YOURSELF YOU ."

"HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO OUR OPPAS?!"

"UGLY , GET ON YOUR KNEES AND BEG THEIR FORGIVENESS!"

"WATCH YOUR BACK."

 

"It's been over a week and these es STILL won't give up." Sabrina said to herself. "Everyone is all talk these days. They act like this childish crap will actually scare me."

 

Suddenly, a group of girls walked up in front of Sabrina.

 

"Look everyone. It's the trash that dared to lay her hands on our oppas." One girl said out loud.

 

"Look at her, she's so ugly. She doesn't deserve to even be acknowledged by them." Another student said.

 

They all started to murmur and laugh at her. Sabrina closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "These pathetic people aren't worth my time. Calm down Sabrina." she said under her breath.

 

"What the did you say, trash?" The first girl asked. She walked up to Sabrina and shoved her. Sabrina turned her head and let out a small laugh. She pushed her hair out of her face and started to walk away.

 

"Don't ing walk away when I'm talking to you !" The girl ran up behind Sab and grabbed her hair, violently tugging at it. Sabrina let a scream of pain as her head was being pulled to the ground. The other female students were laughing at her cries of pain.

 

Sabrina couldn’t hold it in anymore, "YOU WANNA PLAY ?!" Sabrina screamed out. "THEN LET'S ING PLAY!" Her body was already bent over as her hair was being pulled, so Sabrina shoved her head with full force towards the girl's stomach, hitting it causing her to let go of her hair.

 

"YOU DARE TO TOUCH MY ING HAIR?!" Sabrina screamed out. “You CRAZY !” She shoved the girl back violently making her fall backwards. Lifting up her right leg, she slammed her foot into the girl's face, forcing her whole body onto the ground. She climbed on top of her and grabbed her hair, violently pulling it. The sound of the student's screams were all that could be heard in the distance. The girls standing around were screaming in fear. Whistles started to pierce the ears of the students.

 

"Security is coming! Let's get out of here!" The students shouted to each other. The students started to run away. The world was going in slow motion for Sabrina. She looked down at the girl who was now crying underneath her, scratch marks all over her face that being covered with strolling tears and running makeup.

 

I really over did it this time huh? What have I done?  Everything is ruined now... She thought to herself. She could see the security officers running towards her in the distance. I’m done for this time.

 

Suddenly, a hand grabbed her arm and dragged her away. A tall figure tightly gripping onto her wrist and dragged her along as they both ran away swiftly from the security guards. Sabrina's mind went blank for a moment until she realized what was happening. She glanced over at the guy who was holding onto her hand, though all she could see was the back of his head.

 

"YAH!! Who are you?!" She shouted out at him, "where are you taking me?!" The guy quickly turned around revealing his face to her. He gave her a smile as he continued to run. Her eyes widened. "You..." were the words she managed to let out. They ran into the school building, and down the empty halls. Not that far behind, were the security guards trailing after them shouting at them to stop. Sabrina started to smile and laugh. She felt as if she was a part of a chase scene in an action movie. Adrenaline was rushing through her veins. Her heart was racing. They reached the staircase and quickly climbed downstairs step by step. The footsteps of the guards trailing them were heard in the distance. Right beside the bottom of the staircase was a set of empty lockers. The man quickly opened one of them and dragged them both into the dark, cramped space. He closed the door and pushed up against Sabrina, who was pushed up against the wall.

 

"What are you do--" He put his hand over . The sound of the security guards running slowly started to fade away as they ran passed the door, down into the halls. Sabrina looked up, into the eyes of the guy who was right in front of her--- J-Hope. His hand was still over as he looked out through the grates of the locker. She could smell the scent of his hand, a soft smell of light cologne. Sabrina stared at his face. They were both panting loudly from running around. She could feel his breath going down her neck.

 

What is going on? What is this feeling?  

 

Her heartbeats grew louder and faster. Her face started to become flustered. She felt her ears start to burn.

 

"I think it's safe now..." J-Hope whispered. He took his hand off . "Sorry about that." he apologized. He slowly opened the door and looked outside to check if the coast was clear. He stepped outside first and signaled her to come out. "It's okay, they're gone." he assured her. They both stepped outside into the empty hallways. Sabrina looked up at J-Hope who was still looking around for the school security guards.

 

"Thanks... for helping me.." Sab slowly muttered out.  

 

"No problem." J-Hope smiled at her.

 

"But.. Why did you help me?" Sabrina asked him. "Don't you hate me? I hit you and cursed at you in public" she added.

 

J-hope laughed.  "Yes. Yes you did." He agreed, "but I kind of deserved it, so I'm not mad over that." He ruffled her hair.

 

"Hey, hey! Watch the hair!" Sabrina alerted him abruptly."

 

J-Hope threw his hands up in the air. "Please don't kick me in the face." he said sarcastically.

 

Sabrina laughed. "You saw that didn't you?"

 

"Of course, I saw the whole thing." J-Hope told her.

 

Sabrina gasped and turned around. She slapped him in the arm. "You saw what happened and didn't do anything earlier?!" she yelled at him.

 

"I was going to when the girl attacked you first... but then you started to beat the hell out of her.. which I really enjoyed watching by the way." he said jokingly.

 

Sabrina hit him in the arm again. But it was more of a playful hit.

 

"You are such a !" she told him and continued laughing.

 

They both walked around the hallways together until the bell rang for their next class.

 

________________________________________

 

The school day came to an end, as all students packed up and scrambled into the halls. Although he didn't think much of it, Jungkook's stomach suddenly had butterflies at the thought of him going to Taehyung’s house.

 

"Wait a minute... I didn't even ask Hyung for his phone number! How am I supposed to know where he lives?!" Jungkook complained to himself. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Jungkook lightly slapped himself on the forehead.

 

He put his books back into his locker and slammed the door shut. He felt disappointed and was annoyed at how he let always forgets the important things. He stood still in front of his locker and stomped his feet while letting out a whine. After sulking, he walked outside. A few female students were grouped from afar and talking to each other. They seemed to be looking at something. Jungkook looked over to see Taehyung sitting down on the bench...as if he was waiting for someone.

 

Jungkook decided to walk up to him. "Hyung! Why are you sitting here?" he asked curiously. Taehyung looked up him. Jungkook could hear the girls whispering to each other in the distance.

 

"Who is that?"

"OMG it's the kid who Rap Monster knocked out! "

"Why is he talking to Taehyung Oppa?!"

 

Jungkook closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

 

"Let's go," Taehyung said coolly. He got up and started to walk away, and Jungkook quickly followed behind.

 

"We're walking to your house?" Jungkook asked him.

 

"Is that a problem?" Taehyung seemed as if he was in a bad mood.

 

"Oh, n-no! Not at all! I walk home all the time! Jungkook said cheekily. "I just didn't know you lived close by."

 

He replied with silence. Jungkook felt the awkward atmosphere in the air. Taehyung seemed ticked off about something.

 

“So how was your day today Hyung?” Jungkook tried to break the awkward silence.

 

“Annoying.” Taehyung said bluntly.

 

“Did something happen today?” Jungkook was curious, “You seem upset.” The wind was a little strong today. It blew directly into the faces of the two boys walking. Taehyung didn’t seem to mind it much. Jungkook squinted his eyes and put his hand in front of his face. “AHH!” He yelled out. He laughed out at the same time. Taehyung glanced over at Jungkook, who was laughing because of the wind. “Ah Hyung! The wind is crazy today!” Jungkook exclaimed. The wind strong gusts of wind slowly started to pass.

 

“Two girls followed me into the bathroom and took a picture of me pissing.” Taehyung said suddenly. His face started to turn red.

 

Jungkook looked at him. He was silent for a moment. Then he started to burst out laughing.

 

“Y-YAH! What’s so funny?!” Taehyung yelled at him.

 

Jungkook was holding onto his stomach as he continued to laugh. “Oh how bad you must have felt!” Jungkook added while still laughing.

 

“Yah! It’s not funny!” Taehyung yelled out to him. His face was flustered. Jungkook was still laughing heartily. Taehyung’s face formed a smile as he started to laugh along with him. Jungkook looked over at Taehyung who was laughing at himself. His adorable eye smile along with his pearly white teeth were shining brightly. Seeing him laugh made Jungkook’s heart flutter slightly. Well that broke the awkward silence between them.

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

They had arrived outside of Taehyung’s house. It wasn’t that far away from Jungkook’s house. It was about a 15 minute walk. The outside of the house looked very clean and big. The lawn was a beautiful bright green. The fresh smell of newly cut grass filled the air. They both walked up the steps with Jungkook following behind. Taehyung took out his house key and unlocked the door. He opened the door and walked inside. Jungkook was hesitant in entering along with him at first, as this was his first time in someone else’s house besides Sabrina & Jimin’s. As he stepped inside, his eyes widened in amaze. The inside of Taehyung’s house was like a dream house. It was very spacious but very comfortable and cozy. There were family pictures hanging across the walls, with big leather couches formed in the shape of an L surrounded a huge flat screen TV. Underneath the TV was a bricked fireplace with burning wood. The house was nicely decorated yet simple and clean.

 

“Woah Hyung… this is your house?!” Jungkook asked while still taking everything in. His face looked like a young child in a toy store. “This is awesome!” he smiled widely.

 

Taehyung looked at him and grinned. “Eomma! I’m home!” Taehyung yelled out. He put his bag down on the couch and walked over to the fridge to grab a drink. Jungkook was still looking around the house. Then, a young looking woman wearing an elegant floral dress walked out into the living room. “You’re home early today.” She said to Taehyung. She looked over and noticed Jungkook standing around awkwardly. “And who’s this young man? ” She asked curiously. “I’ve never seen him in BTS before.” She was surprised.

 

Jungkook immediately bowed to her. “Hello eomonni!” Jungkook formally greeted her. “My name is Jeon Jungkook, I’m hyung’s classmate. It’s really nice to meet you.” He gave her a big smile.

 

Taehyung’s mom laughed. “Such a polite young man.” she complimented him, “Taehyung never really brings anybody home besides his BTS friends. This is a little surprising.” she added.

 

“Eomma!” Taehyung said with a whiny voice. He started to feel embarrassed. “He’s only here to work on a class project.” He said with an annoyed tone. His mom laughed again. Her smile looked exactly the same as her son’s. Jungkook let out a nervous chuckle. “Alright then, you guys have fun. I have to run to the store really quick. I’ll be right back.” She told Taehyung. He nodded.

 

Taehyung signaled Jungkook to follow him. He obediently walked after his elder to his room. Taehyung opened the door to his room and switched on the lights. Jungkook walked in and was taken back by what he saw. One thing for sure, was that his room was way bigger than Jungkook’s. He looked around to see posters of girl groups on his wall. SNSD, F(x), AOA, APink, and many more. Taehyung casually walked up to his bed, took out his phone and sat on his bed. Jungkook didn’t quite know how to process this.

 

He likes listening to girl groups too? He thought to himself. The idea made him really happy on the inside knowing that they shared something in common. Something that Jungkook really loved. He continued to look around his room, to find a framed picture on his dresser. He picked it up. It was a family picture of Taehyung, his mother, and what seemed to look like his little brother. Jungkook stared at Taehyung’s face in the picture as it looked like he was extremely happy at the time.

 

“Do you only live with your mom?” Jungkook asked him. Taehyung replied with a “mmm.” Jungkook felt a little awkward. He didn’t want to pry further by asking who the little boy was in the picture since he only lived with his mother. He put the frame down and walked up next to Taehyung’s bed.

 

“We should get started on the poster Hyung.” Jungkook insisted. “I brought most of the materials we need to do it.” He slipped off his bag and sat down on the floor. Taehyung looked at him sitting down on the floor. Jungkook was lightly rubbing the back of his head forming a look of pain on his face.

 

“Yah, you don’t need to overwork yourself today. We still have a whole week to finish it.” Taehyung said to him. He seemed a little worried about him because of his injury. Jungkook laughed, “I’m okay Hyung. Don’t worry about it!”

 

Taehyung turned his head and mumbled under his breath, “Who was worried about anything?” They both proceeded to start on their poster as time went on. Taehyung brought out a pair of speakers and plugged his phone. He switched on a random song to listen to. AOA’s “Short Hair” came on first. As soon as Jungkook heard the song, he sprung up and unintentionally started to dance along to it. Taehyung looked at him strangely and was caught by surprise. He looked up at the younger boy dancing and singing along to the song.

 

Taehyung started to laugh out loud. “Yah! What are you doing?!” He asked the boy dancing in front of him.

Jungkook hadn’t realized he was dancing in front of his elder and quickly stopped. His face turned extremely red and he looked down at the ground. “Ah.. s-sorry Hyung! I did it unintentionally.” He felt as if he was going to die of embarrassment.

 

Taehyung was still laughing. “Have you been practicing the dance to the song or something?! He asked him while trying his best not to laugh. Jungkook scratched the back of his neck and tilted his head. “I’ve practiced a lot of dances. I’m really into girl groups.” he replied hesitantly. The young sophomore sat back down and continued to cut out paper for the poster. Taehyung looked up at him still smiling and saw Jungkook’s beet red face. He shook his head and let out one last small laugh.

 

The clock struck 8 pm. Jungkook looked at his phone. “Ahh, it’s already 8. I have to go home now.” He said disappointed. “At least we got a lot done today Hyung.” he said happily. He started to pack up his things slipped his backpack on his shoulder. He got up and headed for the door. Taehyung followed him out.

 

“Bye Eomonni!” Jungkook bowed at her, who was in the kitchen cooking. “I’ll see you later!” He waved to her.

 

“Aw, You’re not staying for dinner?” She asked disappointedly.

 

“I wish I could, but I have to go home early today.” He replied back to her. “Thank you though, maybe next time!” he added.

 

“Alright hun, be careful on your way home!” She said to him. As Jungkook approached the door and put on his shoes, he remembered something and turned around.

 

“Ah right Hyung! I don’t have your phone number! Can I have it? Just incase I have to contact you about anything regarding the project.” Jungkook said to him.

 

“Ahh…right.” Taehyung said slowly. He took out his phone took down his hyung’s number. He saved his name into his contacts as “Tae-hyung ^^.” “Alright Hyung, thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow!” Jungkook waved to him as he started out the door. Taehyung watched him as he slowly started to walk, farther and farther away.

 

“Yeah… See you tomorrow..” He said quietly to himself. Strangely, Taehyung’s heart slightly started flutter.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

BTS has released a pre-streamed song today called Let Me Know! Check it out if you haven't yet. :-)

A/N: Thanks for reading chapter 4 of A Little Love Won't Hurt! The chapter went on a little longer than I expected lol. Sorry there wasn't much of Yoonmin. I don't really have much planned for them till later. Although it was probably expected, looks like a friendship is starting to form between Sabrina & J-Hope. Meanwhile, Taehyung is starting to slowly let down his wall towards Jungkook. Can't wait to see what'll happen next! I'll give you a slight hint of what'll go down in the next chapter.  A school field trip is coming up! Look forward to it. I'll try to update soon! 

Comments motivate and make me happy! 

 

   

Just incase you forgot those smiles.