Breakfast for three

A Little Love Won't Hurt

Chapter 18: Breakfast for three.

 

The bright beams of light shined through the white blinds hanging off the glass window. A small patch of light laid upon Taehyung's sleeping face. His eyelids began to twitch as his eyes slowly opened. He raised his arm blocking the sunlight with his open hand. He inhaled deeply through his nose and began to sit up. He looked around the room confused.

 

Why am I in Jin hyung's room?

 

His head began to pound in pain. He laid his hand on his forehead with his head drooped down. He through his teeth.

 

"Ahhh.. my head is killing me." he groaned. "What the hell happened last night?" he questioned himself. He noticed the sleeve of his shirt was different than what he wore last night.

 

"Isn't this Jin hyung's shirt?" His mind drew a blank. He kept trying to recall his memories from the party but he couldn't remember anything at all. He threw the blanket off of him and stood up off of the bed. He stretched out his arms and yawned. His light brown hair was messy from bed head.  He headed down the stairs. The air was filled with an aroma coming from the kitchen. It smelled like home made soup. Taehyung walked into the kitchen to see Jin standing at the stove holding a wooden spoon. He was stirring a small pot of soup and vegetables.

 

"Hyung.. What are you doing?" Taehyung asked scratching his stomach underneath his shirt.

 

"Whoaaa, morning V-ssi. How was your sleep last night?" Jin asked playfully. He smiled stirring the soup again.

 

"My head is killing me..aghh.." he replied sitting down at the dining table. "How much did I even drink last night?"

 

"You don't wanna know.." the elder said laughing to himself. "Lucky for you, we're having hangover soup for breakfast. Can't be looking like in class after all."

 

"Hangover soup? I didn't even know you knew how to cook."

 

"I don't. I didn't make this soup, I'm just watching so it doesn't burn."

 

Taehyung looked at his elder bewildered. "If you didn't make it, who did?" he asked curiously.

 

"Does it really matter? As long as it tastes good, who cares!!!"

 

Just then, Jungkook entered the kitchen. His jet black hair was damp from just taking a shower. He walked in with a bright smile. “Is the soup cooking good?” he asked Jin.

Taehyung suddenly jumped up from his seat in surprise.

 

"Y-Yah, what are you doing here?" he said nervously confused.

 

“Oh. Hyung, you’re awake!” he exclaimed with his bright smile. His pearly white teeth seemed to shine brighter than the light beaming from outside. “Jin hyung let me sleep over since it was late.”

 

He walked over to the stove grabbing the wooden spoon out of Jin’s hands and took over. Jin went to sit down along side Taehyung.

 

“The kid is a life saver.. I woke up this morning about to make toast and he came down saying he’d make hangover soup for us for breakfast.” Jin said happily. “Where’d you even learn how to make it Jungkook-ssi?”

 

“Ahh, my mom made me learn how to make it a few years ago when she had a crazy hangover the day after Christmas.” he replied laughing. He turned off the stove fire and walked over to the cabinet, grabbing three bowls. He grabbed a ladle from the drawer and carefully began to scoop up the hot liquid inside the pot into each bowl. The perfect combination of noodles, thinly sliced beef, and soybeans filled the bowls. Jin and Taehyung sat there in awe watching the raven haired boy looking as if he was professional chef. Jin’s mouth salivated at the smell of the freshly made soup.

 

“It’s done!” he announced happily setting the platter onto the dining table in front of them.

 

“Whoa, Jungkook-ssi. It looks delicious!” Jin squealed in delight. He quickly grabbed a bowl and a spoon and dove right in. “Thank you for the meal!”

 

Taehyung grabbed a hot bowl as well as a spoon. “Thank you for the meal.” he said in a low tone. Jungkook sat down and carefully watched the two boys take the first bite of his creation. They both grabbed a spoonful of broth and vegetables. After cooling it down, they each took their first taste.

 

“Whoa… it’s amazing!” Jin complimented him. “It goes down so smooth and warms you up on the inside. Yah, I can feel it chasing away the hangover already.” He laughed taking another bite.

 

“It’s good.” Taehyung said plainly. Jungkook’s face suddenly lit up in delight.

 

“Really? It’s not too bland?” he asked assuringly.

 

“It’s great Jungkook-ssi.” Jin assured him with a thumbs up.

 

“That’s good.” he said smiling happily. He too grabbed a spoon and dug in.

 

“V, do you really not remember anything that happened last night?” Jin asked with his mouthful of vegetables. He replied shaking his head.

 

“All I remember is Suga starting the spin the bottle game. After that I don’t remember anything.” he replied taking another sip of soup. “Why, did something bad happen?”

 

“Well, aren’t you curious as to why you woke up at my house?” Jin chuckled. Taehyung paused for a moment with the spoon in his mouth.

 

“Ah nevermind, I don’t wanna know.” he said shaking his head. The two other boys laughed at him. His face grew red from embarrassment.

 

Ah crap, I almost forgot! Jungkook thought to himself getting up from his seat. He walked over to the coffee maker on top of the counter where he was boiling hot water. The two other boys didn’t seem to notice him walk off. Jungkook went back into the cabinet taking out three small packets. He grabbed three mugs as well and filled each glass with the piping hot liquid. He ripped open two of the small white packets containing tea bags, placing them into each mug. The remaining mug, he ripped open the last white packet which contained hot chocolate mix. He quickly stirred it in letting it fully dissolve. He walked back over to the table handing a mug over to Jin and Taehyung.

 

“Thanks Jungkook-ssi.” Jin said warmly. He looked over at Taehyung’s mug. “Yah, why does he get hot chocolate while we drink tea?”


Taehyung looked inside his mug in surprise. He looked back up at Jungkook. “Hyung said he likes drinking hot chocolate in the morning. I didn’t know if you wanted it either.”

“Nah, I only like drinking it on the snowy days when it’s freezing cold.” Jin replied taking a sip of his tea.

 

“Thanks.” Taehyung said with a half smile on his face. He carefully blew onto the hot beverage and took a sip. He could feel the chocolatey drink warming up his insides, easing his body.

 

“Oh by the way, Sabrina is coming to pick me up to go to school. She asked if you guys wanted a ride as well.” Jungkook said looking at his phone.

 

“Yeah, that’d be cool.” Jin replied taking another sip of his tea. “Wahh, I haven’t had a good breakfast like this in a while.” he said happily.

 

“I don’t have my uniform on me.” Taehyung said swallowing down some more hot chocolate.

“I have to pick mine up too. I’ll ask her if she can drop by your house to pick it up.” Jungkook said. He sent her another text and received a reply right away. “She said yeah she can stop by your house since it’s close.”

 

“Oh…ok. Thanks.” he replied. Jungkook replied back with a smile and got up from his seat. He began to clean up the table.

 

“You can just leave it in the sink, I’ll clean it later when I get home.” Jin told him.

 

“Sure thing hyung.” he replied throwing all the dirty dishes in the sink.

________________________________________

 

A series of several honkings came from outside the house.

 

“Ah, she’s here!” Jungkook sprang up from his seat. Jin and Taehyung began to run down the stairs. Jin was still combing down his hair. Jungkook threw on his shoes and headed out the door.

 

“HURRY UP YOU SLOW POKES!!!” Sabrina called out from outside the gate.

 

“We’re coming Sab!” Jungkook yelled back running towards the front entrance. Jin was the last one to leave the house. He locked the door behind him and dashed towards Sabrina’s car. Jungkook sat in the passenger seat while the other two boys sat in the back.

 

“Good morning Sabrina.” Jin greeted her warmly.

 

“Morning.” she greeted him back. “How was your little slumber party last night?” she asked them playfully.

 

“Jungkook-ssi cooked us all a great breakfast this morning. It was awesome.” Jin replied still bragging about that.

 

“Really? What’d you make?” she asked pulling out of the driveway.

 

“Hangover soup.” he replied looking out the window.

 

“Wow, I could have used some of that. My head is killing me.” she complained. Jungkook looked over at Sabrina noticing white bandages wrapped around her arms.

 

“Yah, what happened to your arms?” he asked worriedly. Jin and Taehyung looked over from the back seat noticing it too. Jin gasped in surprise.

 

“Did something happen last night?” He asked curiously.

“Ugh, it’s a long story.” she replied. “These two drunk guys tried to attack me last night after I left the party.”

 

“Oh my god, are you okay?! Why didn’t you call me?!” Jungkook said concerned.

 

“Don’t worry, nothing bad happened. Well, except for a few bruises on my arms.” she replied casually.

 

“Whoa, how did you take on two of them?” Jin asked intrigued at the situation. Sabrina stayed silent and kept on driving. She stopped the car as they approached Jungkook’s house. He unbuckled his seatbelt and ran out the door.

 

“I’ll be right back!” he told them dashing towards his front door. Sabrina put the car in park and took out her bag.

 

“Here,” she said. She fiddled around her bag taking out J-Hope’s phone. “Give it to him whenever you see him. He left it in my car.” she handed it over to Jin.

 

“Oh? Why was he in your car last night?” Jin asked playfully. He was hoping that something good happened to the two of them last night.

 

“It’s a long story I don’t feel like telling.” she sighed slouching down in her seat. Jungkook ran out of his house with his uniform in his hand. He opened the car door and leaped inside panting hard. Sabrina put the car back into drive and started off towards Taehyung’s house.

 

“So Taehyung, how are you feeling?” Sabrina asked suddenly.

 

“Hung over.. why?” he asked confused.

 

“I mean… you did faint in the pool last night after all…”

 

“WHAT?!” he jumped up.

 

“Do you not remember what happened last night?” she asked sarcastically. He remained silent not answering her question.

 

“Oh my god. You really don’t remember what happened last night?! You guys didn’t tell him?”

“I was going to save it for till lunch time.” Jin said laughing.

 

“What?! What happened last night?! I really fainted in the pool?!” Taehyung asked irritated.

 

“You some how fell into the pool while you were drunk as and J-Hope had to fish you out.” Jin explained.

 

“Then Kookie here had to perform CPR on you because no one else knew how to.” Sabrina continued. Jungkook turned his face looking out the window as he was embarrassed by the situation. Taehyung stayed silent. He looked over at Jungkook who was too embarrassed to say anything.

 

“So then Jungkook-ssi, Namjoon, and I had to carry your heavy up the stairs and into my room.” Jin continued. “We literally almost dropped you down the stairs like three times because you were so heavy, right Jungkook-ssi?”

 

He couldn’t help but chuckle to himself at the flashback of the event in his head. Taehyung groaned and sunk into his seat in utter embarrassment. His ears burned red as he dropped his head down in shame. Jin began to laugh heartily along with Sabrina. The shamed boy lifted up his head looking at Jungkook who was chuckling to himself.

 

“Then, Jungkook-ssi had to take off all your wet clothes so we could change you into my clothes.”

 

Taehyung’s head sprang up. “WHAT?!” he yelled loudly. He could see the tips of Jungkook’s ears turning red from the back. He groaned and laid his head back closing his eyes wanting to die of embarrassment.

 

Wait a minute....

 

Then my dream last night… was...

 

He flashed back to himself cuddling and locking himself in an embrace with a certain somebody in bed. Spouting out nonsense and what not about his feelings.

 

Don’t tell me….

..

..

..

IT WASN’T A DREAM?! He sank down further into his seat covering his face with his hand. "Ah, my head..." he complained as his head began to pulsate again.

____________________________

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks for reading Chapter 18 of "A Little Love Won't Hurt." Sorry if this chapter was a little boring. It's basically just a small recap of the previous chapters to Taehyung. I promise I'll try to make the next chapter more exciting. Since Taehyung has realized his actions from that night, what will happen between the two boys as awkwardness fills the air?

Leave a comment telling me what you think! Upvote, Subscribe, and all that good stuff if you enjoy the story. Thank you!