A New Semester

A Little Love Won't Hurt

 

Chapter 1: A New Semester

 

 

 

“Do I turn to the left or to the right?” Jungkook asked himself, “No wait, it’s to the right.”

 

It was near the end of class and Jungkook was watching a kpop MV on his phone with his headphones on. In his free time, he enjoys watching kpop videos and trying to dance along to them, no matter where he was.

 

“What are you listening to?” his classmate beside him asked, “Is that a new girl group?”

 

“I’m listening to AOA’s new song, Short Hair. It’s so catchy!” Jungkook replied while humming along to the song, “The choreography is kind of fun to do… but I can’t quite get it just yet.”

 

His classmate laughed and took one side of the headphone to listen, “Hey, it is pretty catchy. When did the song come out?”

 

“It came out about two days ago,” Jungkook smiled, “The girl with the blonde hair; Choa, is so pretty!” he squealed with delight as she showed up on screen.

 

The bell rang and the last class of the day has ended. Jungkook took his headphones out of his ears and started to pack up his belongings in his backpack.

 

“Remember class; starting tomorrow, it’s a brand new semester! Some of you are staying with me and some of you will be leaving me. Even so, good luck everybody!” Mrs. Wang looked rather sad to see some of her students have to leave her.

 

As Jungkook walked towards the door, he waved to Mrs. Wang and flashed her a big bright smile, “Bye Mrs. Wang! I’ll see you later!”

 

“Good luck with your future classes Jungkook!” she smiled back at him as he walked out the door.

 

The hallways were hectic as students were rushing to their lockers to grab their belongings and head home. Hundreds of voices were ringing into Jungkook’s ear as students constantly bumped into his shoulders. He walked calmly to his locker as this was an everyday thing. He put away his books neatly one by one into a row as his best friends Sabrina and Jimin appeared beside him.

 

“Whatcha doin today Kookie?” Sabrina asked while looking at herself through her cell phone’s reflection, “Oh god, my hair is a mess.”

 

“Nothing I guess… I was just going to go home and practice a new dance I learned today,” Jungkook replied, “Why, what’s up?”

 

“Are you serious? Is it another girl group dance?” Jimin asked with an annoyed look on his face, “If you LOVE doing girl group dances so much, you should just audition to be in Girl’s Generation,” he added jokingly.

 

“Wanna see what I learned so far?” Jungkook asked them, “You bounce your body back and forth while shaking your hair lightly,” He demonstrated by ing his pelvis back and forth instead.

 

“Kookie! Can you not do that in public?! You’re so embarrassing!” Sabrina shouted as she slightly pushed him, “People are staring!”

Jimin turned around as he felt second hand embarrassment for his best friend, “I don’t know you, bye,” Jimin said sarcastically and pretended to walk away.”

Jungkook laughed and closed his locker door, “Did you guys want to do something today?”

 

“Not really,” Sabrina replied, “but I really need to study for my medical terminology quiz tomorrow, so I’m going to the school library if you want to tag along.”

 

“Hmm,” Jungkook stuck his bottom lip up and wrinkled his nose, “Yeah I’ll go too, I have to study for my english quiz on the novel we’re reading in a few days. What are you doing today, Jimin?” He asked.

 

“I have dance practice after school today,” Jimin frowned, “As much as I love dancing, it that I have to stay at school after hours,” He ruffled his soft dark brown hair.

 

“Well, at least you don’t have to study for any test or quizzes like us,” Jungkook patted his shoulder, “Hold on Sab, I have to use the bathroom. I’ll meet you at the library. See ya Jimin!” He waved to them as he hurried to the bathroom which was all the way on the other side of the hallway.

 

After using the bathroom, the hallways were mostly empty as all the students had already left home or went to do after school activities. As he started walking down the halls, there was a female’s voice in the distance. She sounded like she was scared or crying. Jungkook was curious so he decided to check out what was going on. The sounds were coming from an empty classroom just a little bit down the hall from the bathroom.

 

As Jungkook approached the door, he blurted out, “Is something wr--” He saw two people in the classroom; a male and female student were standing face to face. He quickly turned around and hid at the side of the door. He took a slight peek inside to confirm who they were.

 

Is that who I think it is…? he thought to himself. After a few more seconds of analyzing, his eyes widened, “Kim Taehyung?!” While lost in his own thoughts, Jungkook hadn’t realized he had revealed himself near the side of the door. Taehyung noticed someone was standing there and rolled his eyes back to the girl in front of him.

 

“I’m not interested, so get lost,” Taehyung said to her with a cold tone. His voice was deep and had a low tone to it. He walked away out the door and saw Jungkook standing outside. He stared at him for a couple of seconds with a piercing gaze. It caught Jungkook by surprise. His ears turned red from the embarrassment of getting caught and his heart started to race. A drop of sweat started to roll down from his forehead traveling along his cheeks. Taehyung scoffed, turned around and walked down the hall with his hands in his pockets. Jungkook let out a loud sigh of relief after. He couldn’t help but stare at Taehyung walk away.

 

What’s his problem? He turned around and saw the girl in the classroom on her knees crying. It’s none of my business… I should just leave, Jungkook told himself. He shook his head and headed on his way to the library.



 

“OVER HERE JUNGKOOK!” Sabrina shouted to him as she waved her arm in the air. She was sitting down at the table in the middle of the room.

 

“Keep it down, this is a library young woman!” The librarian scolded Sabrina, “Please be respectful towards the other people here.”

 

“Oops… sorry ma’am.” Sabrina apologized and bowed her head. “Jungkook hurry up!” She mouthed to him.

 

He chuckled and went to go sit down at the table with Sabrina. He slipped off his backpack and took out his notebook.

 

“What took you so long? Sabrina asked, “Were you hooking up with someone in the bathroom or something? It’s been fifteen minutes.”

 

“No I wasn’t hooking up with somebody,” he replied in a sassy tone, “I may have kind of accidently eavesdropped on someone’s confession…” Jungkook said with a low voice.

 

“Really?! Who?!” Sabrina asked. She seemed really curious. “You should have recorded it you idiot!” She slapped his arm lightly.

 

“Why would I record it? That’s only something a creep would do!” Jungkook replied.

 

“But you are a creep,” Sabrina laughed, “But seriously, who was it? Is it anyone we know?

 

“It was some girl confessing to Kim Taehyung,” Jungkook told her, “She ended up on the floor crying so I’m guessing it didn’t really turn out well.”

 

“Wow, so anti-climatic. That happens all the time. Taehyung is probably the biggest of the school so….” Sabrina paused.

 

“Really? I don’t really know much about him except that he’s like the most popular guy in school. Wait, that sounded so cliche…”

 

“As cliche as it may be, it’s kinda true. Every girl fawns over him and every guy is jealous of him.” Sabrina explained, “because he has the voice of an angel, him and his band get treated like celebrities at this school, it’s kind of sickening.”

 

“How did I not know this, where have I been this whole time?” Jungkook questioned himself. He took out his pencil and continued to rummage through his backpack.

 

“It’s your fault for being such an introvert, don’t you listen to any gossip?” Sabrina replied, “But yeah, his group “BTS” are treated as gods, like bye they’re not even that cute. Just because they won the talent show last year doesn’t mean that they’re all that.”

 

Jungkook laughed while still looking through his backpack, “Aw man, I think I left my english novel in class. How am I supposed to study now? The classroom is probably locked by now,” Jungkook frowned.

 

“Go look around the library. If it’s a novel, it’s bound to be here. I have to go look for a few medical text books too.” Sabrina told him, “Be back in a few,” she said as she got up to go look for her books.

“Aishh… so frustrating,” Jungkook ruffled the back of his jet black hair. He pushed out his chair and got up to go look for a copy of his english novel.

 

He walked around looking through several bookshelves until he reached the section of authors whose last name starts with L.  “The author’s last name starts with an M… so it should be somewhere around here right?” He asked himself.

 

He looked across the whole bookshelf but it was no where to be found. He decided to look up and saw that the novel he was looking for was all the way at the top of the book shelf. Unfortunately, the bookshelf was about 12 feet tall so it was way too high to reach. He looked around and found one of those small ladders at the corner of the room. He grabbed the ladder and placed it in front of the bookshelf. He placed one foot on it and it started to wobble slightly.

 

“Looks like it’s not very well put together,” he shrugged and proceeded to step all the way to the top. Even using the ladder, it was still a little too high for him to reach, even on his tippy toes. Struggling, Jungkook managed to touch the book with his end of his fingers but just then, the ladder had started to wobble again making Jungkook lose his balance.

 

“AHH!” he yelled out as he was about to fall off. He managed to make the book fall down as he fell off. He closed his eyes tightly, clenched his teeth and prepared for impact. The back of his head hit the bottom of the bookshelf behind him. He let out a cry of pain. “…” Jungkook groaned, “ahh that really hurt,” he rubbed the back of his head and loudly the air through his teeth, “Well… at least I was able to get the book down.”  

 

He slowly got up and started to feel nauseous. After picking up the novel off the floor, he slowly walked back to the table he was sitting at.  

 

“What’s wrong? You don’t look so well,” Sabrina looked up at him, “Did something happen?”

 

“I kinda fell trying to grab a book from the top of a shelf,” Jungkook told her chuckling to himself, “Ahh, it hurts,” he complained as he continued to rub the back of his head. “I think I’m gonna head home, after falling down and hitting my head, the last thing I wanna do is study,”

 

“Are you alright? Did you injure anything badly?!” Sabrina asked worriedly, “Do you need to go to the nurses office?”

 

“No, don’t worry. I’m fine, nothing too bad." Jungkook assured her. He started to pack up his belongings.

 

“Okay, feel better Kookie,” Sabrina laughed as she waved goodbye to him, “See you tomorrow, text me if you need anything.”

 

“See ya,” He waved back to her as he walked away and out the exit of the library.


 

THE NEXT DAY


 

“Damn it, I’m going to be late for my first class!” Jungkook quickly rushed to his locker to grab his books and belongings for the day. The halls were already packed with students running around to find their new classes since it was the beginning of a new semester. “I can’t believe I woke up late today,” He said to himself as he started to run towards to his classroom. The bruise on the back of Jungkook’s head from the fall kept him up at night so he couldn’t get a good nights rest. As he was running, there was suddenly someone in front of him but it was too late to react so Jungkook collided, falling backwards onto the ground dropping all of his books and belongings.

 

“Ahh man, all I ever do lately is fall,” he mumbled to himself while rubbing the back of his head. He quickly picked up all of his books and looked up, “I’m sorry for--”

 

Jungkook’s face froze when he realized who he had bumped into. “Hyung…” was all he could say. Brushing his light brown hair, with his milky white skin, the person was Kim Taehyung.

 

“Aish.. why don’t you look where you’re going brat?! He snapped at Jungkook with an angry tone, "Wait... you're the--" 

 

Jungkook quickly got up and bowed to his elder interrupting him, “I’m really sorry Hyung, but I’m in a rush right now!” He ran past Taehyung as fast as he could.

 

Jungkook, you idiot! Out of all the people to bump into!!

 

He lightly slapped his head a few times while running towards his class. He finally arrived at the door of his new class, breathing heavily and sweating. The students already seated started to stare at him. He looked around and saw that the only empty seat was in the back of the classroom. He walked down the row of desks, put down his bag, and took a seat. Taking deep breaths, he slowly tried to catch his breath from running around all morning. He looked around the classroom and noticed that the seat to his left was empty.

 

The late bell rang and the teacher started to take attendance. As she called each student’s name one by one, Jungkook put his head down. He heard a bag being dropped in the empty seat next to him.  

 

“Jeon Jungkook?” The teacher called out.

 

“Here ma’am!” He sat up, raised his hand and put his head back down. The teacher continued to take attendance. Phew, good thing I made it on time. I hope this class won’t be too bad since I’m probably the only sophomore in here...  Jungkook thought to himself.

 

“Kim Taehyung?” The teacher called out. When Jungkook heard the teacher call out that name, he immediately opened his eyes and his whole body froze. Just then, he heard a deep, low-toned voice to the left of him.

 

“Here,” the voice replied.

 

Jungkook lifted his head and looked towards the empty desk that was next to him. To his disbelief, the person he never believed would be sitting next to him was none other than Kim Taehyung staring right at him. 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

And that was the first chapter of A Little Love Won't Hurt. I'm not really experienced in writing so it might be a little awkward for you guys to read! Not all of the characters were introduced yet but slowly they all will. Anyways, hope you liked it! Leave a comment telling me what you think.

 

If you aren't familiar with the AOA dance Jungkook was demonstrating in the beginning, this is how it goes.