Their Happy Little Reunion

Forever, Beyond Eternity [HIATUS]

A/N: Please excuse the abnormal alignment in this chapter. This chapter originally came from my phone before I edited this. :)

 


 

Minji took the bus to her brother and her father's house, and rang the doorbell.


 

 

A maid opened the door, "Oh, Madame Minji! What are you doing here at such a late hour? It's not the end of the month yet."


 

 

"I... I left home, I don't want to be with eomma anymore. I'm so tired of this, is appa home?" she explained as she stuttered, shivering.


 

 

The maid nodded, "Yes he is. He and Sir Jinyoung are having dinner. Come in, I'll make you some Hot Chocolate."


 

 

She came inside and sat on the couch as she heard her maid talking, and her father's voice sounded alarming before she saw him walk to her.


 

 

"Minji-ah. Are you okay, did she hurt you?" he asked his daughter.


 

 

She shook her head, "She didn't hurt me... I'm just tired of her persistence, I'm so sick of it. I just want to be with you and Jinyoung..."


 

 

"Of course you can, you're my daughter. There's no way I could reject your requests. Remember, I fought for you to come with me, but your mother won you during the divorce."


 

 

Jinyoung, her adoptive brother, came out to the living room with a cup of hot chocolate, "Minji, here you go."


 

 

She took the cup as she smiled at him, "Thanks Jinyoungie."


 

 

He pouted as he heard his nickname, "Stop calling me that..."


 

 

"It's my habit." she giggled.


 

 

"Minji, did you get everything ready for your freshman year at Yonsei?" her father asked.


 

 

She nodded, "I went to registration yesterday. I just need to go shopping with the money eomma gave me."


 

 

"Please don't tell me you're okay with just fifty dollars. You're not going to live with her anymore, you can use as much money you need."


 

 

She slowly nodded, "Yes appa..."


 

 

- - - -


 

 

"Mark, Sooyeon! Come on, we'll be late for our flight!" the two siblings' dad called out for them.


 

 

Mark looked at his sister as he put an arm around her shoulder, "Come on, Sooyeon. Going back home will definitely give us a fresh start."


 

 

"But not eomma..."


 

 

Mark sighed, "Learn how to get over it, little sis. You will, like the rest of us."


 

 

Sooyeon grabbed her carry-on, "It's going to take time... By the way, don't touch me at the airport. Whenever you put an arm around me in public, there's always someone who thinks that we're going out. I'm sick of it."


 

 

He chuckled, “Don't worry, the cons of not actually being related to your little sister, huh?”


 

 

“True that. You grew up in this house with me with the same parents even though we don't share the same blood, you'll always be my brother. It's just, you need to find a girlfriend soon, you're almost twenty-one.”


 

 

“Shut it...”

 

 

- - - -


 

 

It was Saturday afternoon, and Sooyeon and Mark were out shopping at one of Seoul's largest malls.


 

 

Minji and Jinyoung were, also.


 

 

"I'm not in the mood to shop, Mark. I don't even want to be here right now." Sooyeon answered, looking down to her feet.


 

 

Sighing, Mark began to drag her, "If you don't want to go shopping for school, then I'm sure you want to eat."

 

 

 

- - - -

 

 

“Jinyoung, you're kidding. You're one of the most confident people I know, so how can you be nervous about going back to school?" his sister told him, "I'm even lucky that I got into Yonsei."


 

 

"I feel like this year will be different, honestly. However, you're right... You have a huge scholarship, I forgot."


 

 

Minji nodded, "Yeah. Unlike you, appa got the school to accept you because appa's rich and he went to college with the current president of the school. Eomma and I only had her waitress salary on minimum wage, and we had to survive on that."


 

 

Jinyoung felt guilty, "I guess that's why appa didn't want me going over there ever..."


 

 

"Yeah, exactly."


 

 

"Appa really tried to get you from the divorce, Minji. Remember that, but obviously eomma can't be alone."


 

 

"I know..."


 

 

- - - -


 

 

Sooyeon and Mark were casually talking, not paying attention to the people next to them.


 

 

“Sooyeon, are you excited for college life?” Mark asked his little sister.

 

 

 

She glared at him while picking at her food, “Don't make me laugh.”

 

 

 

“I just reminded you because I just got an email earlier. Did you check your email? It said that we have to have perform the piece you auditioned for Dance with on the first day and it's our first entered grade.” he informed the ignorant girl.

 

 

 

His younger sister looked at him the blankest face possible, “What? I don't even remember my choreography... It'll take me a whole day to clean it up again.”

 

 

 

Mark laughed at her, “Well, school starts this Tuesday. Today is Saturday, so obviously you do have time even though you procrastinate, which is obviously like you.”

 

 

 

“Yah, Mark Tuan, shut up!”


 

 

The boy at the table next to theirs heard Mark's name and look to the other table, "Mark?"


 

 

Sooyeon's brother looked at the other table, only to see his childhood best friend, "Jinyoung-ah!"


 

 

The two girls felt the awkwardness when their brothers did a bro-hug with each other.


 

 

"How have you been, Mark? Are you on vacation? I haven't talked to you in awhile. It's been a few months since we webcammed." the dark haired one asked the redhead.


 

 

"Actually, I moved here just a few days ago with my sisters and my father. I was planning to call you and meet up."


 

 

Jinyoung smiled, "I've waited for the longest time to have you meet my friends! Are you free later on?"


 

 

Mark looked at his sisters and back at his friend, "After five, I will be. Can my sister come along?"


 

 

"Yeah, of course. I let Minji tag along all the time."


 

 

Minji overheard that, "Jinyoung, I don't tag along, you make me go with you."


 

 

Sooyeon laughed at her response, "I know how you feel. Since I'm the youngest I have to go everywhere with Mark even though I'm old enough to do anything on my own..."


 

 

"Same, it makes no sense..." Minji added.


 

 

Mark looked at his sister, "No girl can be alone without a guy with them."


 

 

"In San Francisco, that's true. However, in Seoul, I don't think so." Sooyeon grinned.


 

 

Minji busted out in laughter hearing Sooyeon talk back to her brother.


 

 

"Yah! Not in front of Jinyoung-ah, please! I haven't seen him in person for over ten years." Mark pleaded, pouting.


 

 

Jinyoung chuckled, "Minji's like that too, I know your pain..."

 

 

“Really? Publicly embarrassing your sisters? Just, really?” Sooyeon commented, “Because... wow. We can do that too!”


 

 

Minji ended up laughing with her, “I feel like we're going to get lectured, but I honestly agree!”


 

 

The two boys, however, just decided to let it off because they were finally able to see each other somewhere other than webcam, social media, and their old orphanage.

 


 

Hello everyone! I'm back with the second chapter! School just started for me, so I haven't been able to update. However, I'll try my best to update as soon as I can for the next few months...so thank you for reading!