Bonfire

Forever, Beyond Eternity [HIATUS]

“Hey, don’t go to the deep part of the ocean or else you’re going to drown!” Jaebum yelled out for Jackson and Bambam, who were now running in the ocean current.

 

 

Minji sighed, “I’m not even surprised, I expected this from them.”

 

 

Jinyoung glanced at them with disappointment, “I’m getting them before they end up dying in front of all of us…”

 

 

Everyone watched as the group’s “mother” started walking towards the sea, screaming for them to come back. Due to the waves, Jinyoung was almost completely drenched as he reached halfway to them, and his screaming became even louder.

 

 

“Hyung!” Bambam called out for him, “Join us!”

 

 

“No, get out of there! You two are too far into the water, I could barely see you back at the bonfire area!”

 

 

His step-sister sighed and began yelling out for them too, “Hey! If you two don’t follow Jinyoung, I won’t bake you guys cookies anymore!”

 

 

The two crazy guys, as insane as they are, heard that and began running back to the rest of the gang.

 

 

Sooyeon shook her head and walked over to the start of the water, when she noticed that Jinyoung wasn’t running with them, she stepped inside, “Jinyoung? Are you still out there?”

 

 

She continued walking towards the current and right at the moment when she caught sight of the responsible male, the wave brought him down straight to the water.

 

 

“Yah! Jinyoung!” she ran towards him, and being the swimmer she is, she dove and tried to grab a hold of him. When she actually ran into him, she immediately pulled him up, “Are you okay?”

 

 

He coughed up a bit of water, “Yeah, I’m alright. Just a bit wet. You?”

 

 

She chuckled, “I’m as dry as the desert.”

 

 

“Why’d you help me anyway, Sooyeon?”

 

 

“About what you said earlier. You said that you’d be a helping hand with my depression, so why can’t I be a helping hand for you?”

 

 

He smiled at her, “Thanks, it means a lot.”

 

 

Youngjae was throwing some extra firewood into the fire when he saw the both of them walking back, “You know, something’s quite interesting about those two. They look like a couple.”

 

 

When Mark heard that, he looked at their direction with an alarmed expression, “Not really. I mean, I can’t picture them together.”

 

 

“You can’t, Mark hyung? I can, a bit. I feel like Sooyeon is the most comfortable with Jinyoung hyung than the rest of us other than Minji.” Yugyeom commented, “So yeah, if I didn’t know who they were, then I would have thought they were a couple at first glance.”

 

 

The other girl noticed Mark’s face, and she immediately knew he was uncomfortable with the fact that his best friend and his sister were able to hang out more, “Aw come on, it sounds kind of cliche. Jinyoung, Mark’s best friend, being paired up together with his sister? What is this? Some type of stereotypical fanfiction?”

 

 

“Step-sister.” BamBam pointed out, “So technically, it’s not a stereotypical fanfiction.”

 

 

Minji glared at the boy from Thailand with a facial expression that said, “are you seriously going to argue with me about that? I will throw firewood at your face.”

 

 

----

 

 

“You don’t like seeing them talking, huh?” Minji asked Mark as they ran into each other at the bathroom area.

 

 

He shook his head, “Not at all. I don’t know, I just don’t. Ever since I found out what kind of a person Yoongi is, I just don’t trust any guy near her anymore. Now, I feel like every guy who wants to get with my sister will just lie but look her in her eyes and tells her that he loves her. I’m not with it anymore.”

 

 

“What kind of a person is Yoongi?”

 

 

“I’ll tell you, but promise me this: you will not say anything to either your brother or my sister.”

 

 

She nodded, “Promise.”

 

 

About fifteen minutes passed when Mark finished his story, and Minji was left with her jaw straight up...well, she was shocked.

 

 

“Are you serious?”

 

 

Mark sighed, “I wish I wasn’t. But you know, I’m telling the truth. I know you won’t look at them the same anymore, but you were curious.”

 

 

The girl shrugged, “It’s okay, I guess. I mean, it’ll be hard not talking to them about it, but I’ll keep quiet. Don’t worry, I’ll keep the promise.”

 

 

“Thank you, Minji. I just really don’t want my sister finding about Yoongi’s…”

 

 

“Second life?”

 

 

He nodded, “Pretty much. It’s just because that she has small lingering feelings left for him, and knowing her, she’ll try to help him but get hurt in the process.”

 

 

“She still loves him?”

 

 

Mark’s eyes widened, “Hell no. She moved on about a few months after they broke up. Have you ever had that moment in your life where even though you don’t love that person anymore, you still care for them?”

 

 

The girl just looked at him, “Not really, I have never actually been in a relationship before.”

 

 

He nodded in understanding, “I understand, I see you’re someone who prefers to take their time in finding love.”

 

 

“Sort of. Have you ever felt that way before?”

 

 

The boy shrugged, “Sure. Like I still talk to an ex-girlfriend of mine from high school from time to time. Don’t think that I’m a player or anything, it’s because we were good friends since I started school when I moved to America.”

 

 

“I never thought of you as a player,” Minji chuckled, “You may look like one, but from getting to know you and seeing how much you care about your sister, then no, you’re definitely not.”

 

 

“Thanks. Like you said, looks give off a different image. Like, I’m sorry if supposedly attractive to girls.”

 

 

The girl glanced at him, and tried to hide her laughter, “Sure…”

 

 

His eyes widened, “Hey, don’t insult me like that!”

 

 

“You just sounded confident, that’s all. I’m going back down.” she smiled as she turned around and walked back to the bonfire.

 

 

“This girl…” Mark chuckled and headed to the bathroom.

 


 

Hello!!! I'm back with a chapter after two months. I apologize, deeply. To be honest, I haven't updated because ever since early last year, I started falling out of love with KPOP, and I thought that this story would try to help me bring it back. But yeah, didn't really work for me. I'm sad to say that this is my LAST story in AFF. But I will try to update weekly. However, if anyone is into YGO x reader fanfiction, please check into my fanfiction(.)net account "chaeanne" so yeah...  Bye guys. :)