Arcade Analysis

Forever, Beyond Eternity [HIATUS]

The four boys that were there were sitting on the living room sofa, just having guy talk.

 

 

“You think my sister’s cute?” Mark glared at one of his new friends, “Really, Yugyeom? You’re kidding me right?”

 

 

Yugyeom quickly shook his head, “No, I don’t. I was just kidding! I was wondering to see how you would react.”

 

 

Mark chuckled with annoyance, “I would never approve of my sister dating one of my friends. I don’t care if it’s a close friend or a family friend. No, I don’t think I ever will.”

 

 

“You’re such a downer.” Jinyoung commented, “Minji’s not even my real sister, and I’d let her date one of my friends. What’s wrong with you, Mark?”

 

 

He shook his head, “I don’t want her to get hurt again, I just don’t trust anyone with my sister anymore.”

 

 

Jinyoung tilted his head in confusion, “What? Hurt? She’s only had one boyfriend, of what she’s told me. Yoongi hurt her?”

 

 

“Some things are better left unsaid, Jinyoung.”

 

 

Of course, it left him, and even Yugyeom and BamBam in confusion.

 

 

----

 

 

“Who wants to battle me in Dance Dance Revolution?” Jackson exclaimed, “My dancers better challenge me!”

 

 

Minji shook her head with a chuckle, “Oh Jackson…”

 

 

Mark, who was just sitting down on one of the racing games, noticed that Minji was standing near a pinball machine. Since everyone was having fun playing numerous arcade games, he went up to her, “You’re not going to play anything? There’s a lot to play here.”

 

 

She shrugged, “I’m really in the mood to play anything right now, maybe later I might.”

 

 

“Let’s play some Time Crisis 3. I don’t want us to be loners.”

 

 

Minji hesitated for a moment, “I call the blue gun.”

 

 

Mark chuckled, “Deal, the red gun matches my hair anyway.”

 

 

After a few rounds, the both of them can hear their friends hysterically screaming because of their games.

 

 

“Why is Jackson screaming like he’s upset...?” Minji turned around and saw Jackson and Sooyeon yelling at each other while on the Dance Dance Revolution machine.

 

 

Mark looked at his new friend and his sister, “Of course, Sooyeon won that round.”

 

 

Jinyoung looked at Jackson from the pinball machine he was playing on, “Jackson, it’s just a game! Don’t act like it hurt your pride!”

 

 

“But Jinyoung! You try playing against her, your pride will definitely die!”

 

 

Minji looked at Mark with a questionable look, “Is your sister usually that competitive?”

 

 

He slowly nodded, “Very. Even if she’s not in that game, she’s insane rooting for the team she wants to win. That’s why I hate watching football and baseball with her.”

 

 

“Seriously…?”

 

 

Mark nodded again, “Yep. Last season, we had to buy a brand new TV for the living room because of her.”

 

 

Her eyes widened, “I don’t think I could imagine her as someone like that, though.”

 

 

“Well, she is.”

 

 

She chuckled, “I feel your pain though, I have plenty of complaints about Jinyoung sometimes. It’s weird, don’t you think? We have so many complaints about our siblings, it’s like the way we get along.”

 

 

Mark nodded with a slight smile, “I do think so. However, I sure would like to hear how big of a pain Jinyoung has been since we parted ways from the orphanage.”

 

 

Minji busted out in laughter, “Did he always act like a mom even when you two were at the orphanage?”

 

 

“He was called the most annoying of all of the children there because you could hear his nagging from across the hall. The other kids always asked me how I could stand him, and I always answered that he was my best friend. You know, the day he left, the halls were actually quiet, and then everything became boring.”

 

 

The girl laughed even more, “Seriously? After he got comfortable in the house and with the family, it’s so loud. I left so bad for my dad after my parents got divorced because I don’t even want to imagine how loud he was.”

 

 

“There are always a positive to that loudness of his anyway. He only nags because he cares, however, there are points where you just get completely annoyed of it, right?”

 

 

She nodded, “Yes! I love Jinyoung and his stories, but there are times where he just needs to calm down. He doesn’t nag that much anymore and loosened himself up, but there are just some times when Jackson does something dumb.”

 

 

Mark chuckled as he shook his head, “Oh Jinyoung…” he said as he turned his head to their topic, and saw that he lost to a round of Dance Dance Revolution, “Why did he even try…?”

 

 

----

 

 

In another dimension, Baekhyun and Jongdae were watching the interactions made by their missions.

 

 

Baekhyun tapped his chin, “I can see that Mark and Minji are getting closer faster than I would have expected. Also, the way they’re getting along is something I never expected either.”

 

 

Jongdae looked at his partner and back at his mission, “Lucky for you, Jinyoung and Sooyeon barely have made any progress than last time other than their dance class.”

 

 

“I think I know why, Jongdae. Think about it, there’s something, or even someone that stops them from socializing with each other.”

 

 

“Her father?”

 

 

Baekhyun shook his head, “No, I don’t think it is. This is just my belief in this subject. Look, Mark met Sooyeon when he was going through a tough time; he was never a first choice, and had no friend after Jinyoung left. That was only fixed when Sooyeon and her family took him in. His new family made him feel safe and actually treated him like he was always their son. To show his gratitude, he wants to show them that can protect them too. Their mother stayed behind because of the divorce, and their father is usually never home. So, who else is there? It’s just Sooyeon, and he even said that she was hurt before, so he wants to protect her from any danger. What danger, you may ask, and it’s relationships. Basically, he can’t trust any guy, including his own best friend, to be near his sister.”

 

 

Jongdae looked at him with his mouth opened wide, “What the… How in the world did you get that? Okay, who is your real mission?!”

 

 

His partner just shrugged, “If you think about it, then you can already notice it. There must be a way where you can separate Mark away from the both of them for awhile, which does work in dance class, but they dance, not talk.”

 

 

Jongdae slowly nodded as he processed the information, “Okay… This is going to be hard…”

 

 

“This is your mission, and it’s not my responsibility to do your job. You’ll have to get them together by yourself.”

 

 

Jongdae sighed, “I know. Now that I realize that you may be right, your mission may not be as bad. Jinyoung even said earlier than he’d let Minji date one of his friends, he’s nothing like Mark.”

 

 

Baekhyun chuckled, “Then it looks like I’ll get my wings first!”

 

 

“No, you don’t.” a different voice echoed through the sky, it was the head guardian angel, Joonmyeon.

 

 

The two other angels looked at him, “What do you mean by that? Minji and Mark is my mission, so if they get together, then why can’t I get promoted?”

 

 

Joonmyeon sat in between them, “Well, it’s kind of hard to explain. I can see through other people’s lives, you know my power. I looked through everyone those four of them knew, and I came up with something. There’s someone involved with all four of them that can endanger the couples being or even staying together. This is going to be difficult, boys. Plus, you can’t get promoted to a higher rank until you both finish your missions because you both started together. You start together, you end together. Simple.”

 

 

Baekhyun sighed, “And we don’t know it because you’re not allowed to share more than enough information… We’ll have to figure who this person is ourselves… I don’t mind that, but… Joonmyeon, we have something to ask you. About two weeks ago, we suddenly had the powers of a human again… Why is that?”

 

 

“This was your reward given to you by our higher being, and we granted it to you two because you deserve it. We let you live as humans whenever you choose to, because you won’t be human ever again after this mission.”

 

 

“Thanks, Joonmyeon…” Jongdae thanked him.

 

 

The guardian angel smiled and nodded, “Not a problem, Chen.” he chuckled at the nickname.

 

 

“Ah, shut it! I was under pressure!”

 


Hellooooo~~~ I actually updated, lmao. However, I hope you enjoyed the new chapter. :) I have been pretty busy these past few weeks, but I still wanted to update for my subbies and silent readers. Thank you! <3