Anxiety

Forever, Beyond Eternity [HIATUS]

It was a cold, end of summer morning, and Sooyeon was waiting for Minji near the entrance. For once, she was bare faced, no makeup whatsoever.

 

It’s not like she has anyone to impress, right?

 

Minji came after about ten minutes, “Oh, you came early?”

 

“I’m not much of a morning person but I like coming early to anything but school.” she laughed at herself.

 

The other girl chuckled, “I understand, hah. I don’t like having other people wait. So what do you want to do today?”

 

“Do you want to go for a quick coffee and a scone? I didn’t have breakfast yet.”

 

Minji nodded with a smile, “Sure, I don’t mind. I didn’t eat either, so I’m kinda hungry too.”

 

When they both got to the cafe, Sooyeon got an iced tea, and Minji ordered regular coffee, never forgetting to add cream and sugar.

 

“I swear, I hate black coffee… I can’t stand how strong it tastes at all.” Sooyeon said to herself.

 

Minji heard her and gave out a small laugh, “I do too. My father actually drinks black coffee, and I just don’t understand. I mean it’s to wake him up because our company is getting even bigger now that a lot of international stylists began looking into us.”

 

The brunette nodded, understanding, “My dad is like that too. Other than the fact that my parents got divorced, we moved here to spread the company in different continents.”

 

“We have busy families, huh?”

 

“But you know, the things that they do are none of my business.” Sooyeon added while taking a sip of her tea.

 

----

 

Jinyoung woke up to his phone ringing, and he groggily picked it up, “Hello?”

 

“Hey,” it was Mark, “Is your sister home?”

 

“What? Why are you asking about my sister all of a sudden?”

 

The red-head sounded worried over the line, “Sooyeon’s not home and didn’t tell me she was going anywhere. I’m wondering if she’s with Minji.”

 

“Hold on, let me call Minji and I’ll conference the call.” Jinyoung told him and started dialing another number on his phone.

 

The call came through, “Hello? What is it, Jinyoung?”

 

He sighed, “Mark’s on the line and he’s asking if Sooyeon’s with you.”

 

“Yes she is. You know, Mark… She’s safe with me, alright?”

 

Still with the obvious worried tone in his voice, he said, “Where are you guys?”

 

Minji chuckled, “You really want to know that she’s safe? We’re just at that other cafe near the university since our usual one is closed on the weekends.”

 

“Well we’re coming.” Mark exclaimed before he hung up his phone.

 

Jinyoung groaned in frustration, “You’re kidding me… I just woke up and now I have to go out?!”

 

“Still the same sour attitude as last night, Jinyoung, good job. We’ll wait for you two then.” Minji said before she hung up.

 

Sooyeon looked at her in worry, “You didn’t sound good, are you alright?”

 

The other girl shook her head, “I’m fine, I just had a small fight with Jinyoung last night.”

 

“Do you need someone to talk to? I’m all ears.”

 

Minji shook her head, “No, I’m okay. I can get over it easily, don’t mind me.”

 

The black haired girl didn’t want her friend to know that she has a suspicion that her brother may like her, because she remember what Mark had said back at the bonfire.

 

Flashback

 

“I really don’t want to hear that someone likes my sister, and I don’t think you’ll be able to understand until I tell you. It’s because I don’t want Sooyeon to overthink, because she tends to do that when she finds out that someone actually does have feelings for her. She has anxiety so that’s something that I really want to avoid.”

 

“Anxiety?”

 

Mark nodded, “She’s had it even before I entered her family, that’s one of the reasons why I was adopted, so she could have another sibling which they couldn’t really create, so I help her as a brother. It’s gotten worse throughout the years, but she started getting medical treatment since I care about her.”

 

“It must having to go through that… So as long as she doesn’t overthink, then it’s okay?”

 

He nodded again, “In a way, yeah.”

 

“Then I’ll watch my words and watch over her for you.”

 

“Thanks…” he smiled.

 

End of Flashback

 

----

 

It took the two boys about twenty minutes to get to the cafe they were at, which the girls groaned in annoyance.

 

“Did you really take that long?” Sooyeon asked as she handed Mark a Caramel Macchiato that she bought for him.

 

Jinyoung nodded as he yawned, “I had to wait for him to pick me up.”

 

“It seems like you didn’t try with your outfit today… Sweats and a SuperDry, you go, Jinyoung…” Minji said to him, chuckling while drinking her coffee.

 

“It’s a Saturday, I wanted to sleep a little bit longer.”

 

Mark nudged him, “Be nice today, please… So, where were you two planning on going?”

 

“After this, just the mall and maybe a movie.” Sooyeon answered, taking the last sip of her iced tea.

 

Jinyoung finally looked intrigued for once today, “The mall? I need to buy a new camera for my Sociology class midterm since I broke it.”

 

“You two wouldn’t mind if we tagged along then, right?” Mark asked.

 

The two girls shook their head, “Nope, we don’t mind at all.” the brunette said.

 

There they went, to the mall, nothing important.

 

Sooyeon was leaving her favorite variety store when she saw Jinyoung walking around, “Hey, Jinyoung!”

 

He turned around and saw her also, “Oh, hey Sooyeon. I was wondering when I’d find one of you guys.”

 

Little did they know, two human angels were watching them, of course it was Jongdae and Baekhyun.

 

“Freaking finally…” Jongdae said in relief, “I can’t believe this was perfectly a coincidence that they ran into each other. I thought they weren’t going to be able to talk because of freaking Mark…”

 

The other angel was relieved also, “I’d agree, but remember, we have to help all four of them.”

 

“Well, lets just help two of them right now.” Jongdae smirked as he raised a finger and twirled it around.

 

Because of that, Jinyoung magically moved closer to the girl, their shoulders actually touching.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “You really just want to be a guardian real bad. This will take time, remember?”

 

“I know, but I’m only taking action because we have done nothing so far.”

 

Jinyoung looked down to the girl beside him, *There’s something about this girl that I can’t explain, there’s just so much about her, and so much I don’t know...* he thought to himself.

 
 

 

Hello everyone! So I know I've been on a two month long hiatus, and I'm very very sorry. I actually graduated high school a few weeks back, and I'm honestly the busiest person at the moment...so I don't have much time to continue writing this a lot. But I hope you enjoy this one.
 
And if any of you are from the Bay Area, then you'll know why this text is the color blue.... Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors! #DubNation #TheBayWeRepresent