The "A" Word

Forever, Beyond Eternity [HIATUS]

“Welcome to Dance Intermediate, I am your instructor, and I allow you to call me Elle. In this class, we will be learning in a fast paced level and hold a showcase at the end of each semester. Today, I will be judging all of you by performing your audition piece, one on one with me. The five students with the highest scores will be a leader of one of the five groups for the showcase.”

 

The students looked at her with a dash of fear in their faces. They were a bit intimidated by her.

 

Elle held her clipboard, “Alright, you have five minutes to change. And...Kwon Sooyeon, you’re first.”

 

She nodded, “Neh, thank you.”

 

Yugyeom raised his hand, “Excuse me, where do we change?”

 

Their instructor looked at him blankly, “Here. Don’t be afraid, dancers should have no fear.”

 

----

 

“Kwon Sooyeon!” Elle’s loud voice was audible through the other room.

 

Sooyeon dropped her plastic water bottle and quickly made her way to the door.

 

“Good luck!” Jinyoung and Yugyeom called out for her.

 

She looked at him and smiled before going into the auditorium. Sooyeon tried her best to professionally walk onto center stage, “Annyeonghasaeyo, my name is Kwon Sooyeon. I am a Contemporary Ballet dancer and I have been dancing for over ten years.”

 

“What’s the name and storyline of your piece?”

 

“The piece is called Into the Stars and it is about a girl who desires wants too much, and gets herself into a different world, basically in the stars.”

 

Elle nodded, “Alright, you may begin.”

 

The song came on and Sooyeon began to dance. The song was Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine.

 

----

 

About an hour and a half later, Elle, their dance instructor, came back to the students a little while after the last performer.

 

“I have created your groups, and I have categorized the leaders by the dance genre you performed. The ones who I feel have the need improve or should try out a new genre.”

 

She began listing out at least four dance groups.

 

By the fifth one, she said a familiar name, “For the contemporary group, we have Kwon Sooyeon as leader. The rest of the group will consist of Park Jinae, Kim Yugyeom, and Park Jinyoung.”

 

Jinyoung looked at Sooyeon and smiled, “I have no experience in your genre but I’m relieved I know someone in my group.”

 

She smiled back and nodded, “That’s true.”

 

Once Elle was finished announcing all the groups, she sat down on the floor with the rest of the students, “Group leaders are in charge of everything and everyone which includes all choreography and song choices. I chose the leaders because I believe you can do a good job. Dress rehearsals are in November. Well, class dismissed."

 

The three of them started to grab your belongings until a girl walked up to them, "Hi, I'm Park JinAe. I'm in your contemporary group."

 

Sooyeon smiled at her, "Oh hi! I'm Sooyeon, and these two are Jinyoung and Yugyeom. I was going to confront you in our next class, but it's okay now. Since I'm leader, I just started thinking of choreography. Next class, we'll discuss more. I have an Literature lecture in thirty minutes."

 

She nodded, "Of course! I'm sorry, I'll talk to you guys later. Bye!"

 

----

 

Jongdae chuckled while he nodded, strolling around the hall, "I am so glad that I have powers. I could have never had Jinyoung in her group."

 

All of sudden, he was impacted by a force, a human. They both fell to the ground.

 

He looked up and was in shock, the human was Minji. His eyes widened, "Oh my god, Minji. I'm so sorry!" he quickly helped her up and grabbed her things off the floor.

 

She looked confused, "How do you know my name? Do I know you?"

 

Jongdae was in panic, "Uhm..." he decided to lie, "I went to high school with you!"

 

"You went to my high school? How come have I never seen you?"

 

"I was a loner in high school since I transferred from a different country in our second year," he lied again, "I knew a few peoples names though."

 

She nodded in understandment, "Oh, I see. What's your name?"

 

Jongdae had to lie again, "Uhm, my name is... Chen."

 

"Well, it's nice to finally know you, Chen. I'll see you some other time?"

 

He nodded, "Yeah! I have to head to class. I'll bump into you again. Pun intended."

 

Minji laughed, "Alright! I'll see you!" she waved as she walked away.

 

Jongdae scratched his head as he walked away, "How was she able to see me? Am I seen by other people...wait, how the hell did I get Chen?"

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun popped out next to him, “Yeah. How did you get Chen? Sounds so irrelevant.”

 

Jongdae’s eyes widened and pushed him, “You! Don’t do that! People can see you!”

 

“What? No way, there’s no way! We’re ang-”

 

The other one covered Baekhyun’s mouth, “Don’t say the “A” word in public!”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and pulled his friend’s mouth away, “Look. People can’t see us, so stop being so scared! You want to see?”

 

The unconvinced angel looked back and saw numerous people glancing over them. His eyes widened as he looked at Jongdae, “What in the world did our Savior give us as powers for this mission… I’m asking Joonmyeon later; I’m not satisfied.”

 

“You’re stupid.” Jongdae muttered.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “No, I’m not. I just needed to have proof that we technically exist in this world now.”

 

The other angel sighed, “Yet you couldn’t believe me… You know what, lets just get going and finish this mission so we can get our higher role.”

 

After an agreement, they both started walking around to see if they can catch either of the two girls.

 

All of a sudden, Baekhyun chuckled, “Chen… Nice choice you idiot.”

 

Jongdae glared at him, “Hey, shut up. Why am I always stuck with you?!”

 

The other shrugged, “Because our Savior thinks we should be partners.”

 

“I am so glad our partnership ends once we finish this mission…”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, until he saw a familiar person, “Look, it’s Minji.”


Jongdae saw her also, “Lets go, we’ll see what happens.”


Heeellllloooooo~ I'm back with a new chapter! Well, I'm being sneaky again and updating in my Computer class. I would have updated before school started this morning but my computer automatically upgraded itself to Windows 8.1 -_- Windows 8 is the reason why I'm purchasing a Macbook once I graduate from high school in May... Anyway, enough from my rant; I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)