Her Fear

Forever, Beyond Eternity [HIATUS]

Minji was the first one out of the group to arrive at the coffee shop today, and right as she walked in, she went up to Wooyoung, “So… I told you that I’d tell him one day, right?”

 

He looked up at her while he was fixing a customer’s coffee, “You finally told him?”

 

“More like he told me how he felt.”

 

The owner of the coffee shop smiled, “I knew he liked you back, so that’s why I kept pushing you. So are you two going out now?”

 

She nodded, “Yeah, we are. But I haven’t seen him yet today, he’s probably still in his dance class.”

 

“Good job, Minji. Look, I’m going to give you your usual, and it’s on the house because I’m proud of you.” he gave out a chuckle.

 

Minji laughed as a response, “Thank you very much, Wooyoung. I really appreciate it.” she smiled as she sat down on their usual sofa, waiting for one of the others to arrive.

 

Jackson was the first one to come, “Hey Minji! How was your week so far?” he asked as he sat down next to her.

 

“It’s going good, I mean I’m still pre-”

 

“Just ‘GOOD?’ How can you be just good after one of the university’s ‘kingka’ is now your boyfriend? Mark told me!”

 

The girl widened her eyes as she covered his mouth, “That’s why I’m not mentioning it! Do you think these rabid girls will be okay if they find out that he and I are together? I’m not going to die so early! I didn’t even know that you knew!”

 

“Mark texted me last night after he got home. You two are going to be the best couple ever.”

 

She rolled her eyes, “Whatever you say, Jackson…”

 

Every single one of them started coming inside the coffee shop, except Mark and Sooyeon, who was still stuck in one of his back-to-back classes. It was weird from Sooyeon though, she wasn’t at school for the past two days.

 

“Oh my gosh!” Yugyeom exclaimed, “So that’s why he looked so happy today!”

 

While that made Minji blush a bit, Bambam had to comment with, “While noona looks so irritated with life at this point.”

 

“I need to study for midterms, so leave me alone.”

 

It took Mark another hour to get to the coffee shop, and as they all predicted, he came in with a huge smile on his face. However, when he saw Jackson sitting next to Minji, he shoo’d him away, “Yah, get another seat, Jackson.”

 

“Yes, sir…” he pretended to look sad and moved to sit next to Jinyoung.

 

After he sat next to Minji, he had an offer in mind for everyone, “Do you guys want to have a sleepover at my house tonight? We can all study together for midterms next week.”

 

The entire group accepted it right away, while smiles all across their faces.

 

“What about Sooyeon? I know she’s your sister and all, but shouldn’t she know that we’re coming?” Youngjae asked.

 

Mark shrugged, “I haven’t even seen her come out of her room for two days already. I tried to get her out of her room but I just think she’s been sleeping in the mornings. Her depression has been getting worse lately.”

 

“Is the divorce still affecting her?” JinAe asked.

 

The brother sighed, “I’m pretty sure because she doesn’t even like talking to our dad anymore. All I need to know is that she’s okay.”

 

Jinyoung turned to his best friend, “I texted her yesterday asking if she was going to be late for our dance class, but she just replied flat-out saying ‘No,’ that’s all she said.”

 

“Lucky you, she hasn’t even replied to my texts…” Mark said as he looked at his phone in dismay.

 

Minji gave everyone an assuring smile, “I’m sure we can get her out of her room. Right guys?”

 

----

 

Jinyoung went up to Mark, who was knocking on Sooyeon’s door, “Hey, any luck?”

 

He shook his head, “Nothing; I’m just thinking of using the spare key in Dad’s room to see if she’s okay.”

 

“Just do that, I’m sure everyone will want to know that she’s alright.”

 

Mark nodded and quickly walked from his dad’s room and back. With the key in his hands, he unlocked the door and opened it. No one was inside, and the window was open.

 

Jinyoung’s eyes were on the window, “Did she sneak out when she found out we came over?”

 

After getting no response from his best friend, he looked over to see him reading something on her desk.

 

“Hey, read this. I think the wind made her journal fly open. And I turned it to the last page…”

 

He stood next to Mark and began reading the journal entry that was written by Sooyeon, which was written about two days ago, when she stopped going to school.

 

“It hits hard. I can’t even breathe without constantly being paranoid, and I’m being into the black hole which I willingly created for myself. Because… Do you know what’s worse than death? ...Falling in love. I know I “fell in love” with my previous boyfriend, but why does this time make me so much terrified. When I began loving Yoongi a long time ago, I waited for months, but I never felt scared. But now, I’m playing the waiting game once again, and I can’t walk properly without hearing insults from other people in my head. I want my mind to be blank for once. I want to travel around this country.

 

        I want to live free for once, even just for a few days. ...That’s it, I’m packing my bags just so I can calm down for a bit, and I’ll come back when I’m ready to face my fear, the one that I have fallen in love with. I’m sick of living with medication, I’m out. I’ll write again when I get back.”

 

Mark closed the book by himself, “You should go.”

 

The other boy looked at him with a confused expression on his face, “What?”

 

“....You’re her fear.”

 

Jinyoung stared at him, shocked, and stumbled a few steps, “I-I’m the one who made her like this…?”

 

Mark couldn’t look at him, “I can tell it’s you. When she looks at you, it’s the same way that I look at Minji. I used to not like you always talking to her, but at this point, I just want to know that she’s safe wherever she is.”

 

“But, Mark…”

 

He just continued talking, “I know you like her, but obviously not the way she says that she loves you. But I just want you to go. She won’t listen to me, it’s happened before. I know she’ll crack for you.”

 

That’s when Jinyoung thought of something that Sooyeon once said to him, “Alright. I’ll go. I’ll make sure that I’ll bring her back. But you, my friend… You better also take care of Minji.”

 

“Cross my heart. Now go find my sister.”

 

Mark’s best friend gave him a smile before grabbing his car keys from his pocket, and walked out of the door and out of the house.

 

When Mark came back to the living room, the first thing that Jaebum said was, “So how’s Sooyeon?”

 

He could only give them a weak smile, “She’s…. alright.”

 

 

Long overdue, huh? I'm so sorry. I haven't had the time or will to continue writing stories, honestly. I'm going through a lot with my family, and I had to put some things down to think clearly. I'm so sorry, everyone! Hope you enjoy this chapter, and see you in the next one.