Cable Car

Forever, Beyond Eternity [HIATUS]

“What if this cable car stops during the middle of the ride?” Youngjae questioned.

 

 

Everyone of his friends looked at him, “Shut up.”

 

 

“You’re going to jinx it…” Jaebum groaned while he looked at the scenery.

 

 

“You people always think that, it doesn’t always happen.”

 

 

Everyone became silent, and after sighing to themselves, they looked out the window for the rest of the ride.

 

 

----

 

 

Jackson picked up a lock, “Guys, we should lock a padlock on here. Instead of having an eternal love, we have an eternal friendship.”

 

 

Bambam smiled, “I like that idea, we should do that!”

 

 

“I have a Sharpie with me!” Minji added as she began rummaging her bag.

 

 

After a chaotic ten minutes, all nine of their names were written on the lock.

 

 

Jaebum and the rest of them were at the fence, ready to lock it, “Okay guys, hold onto one another so we seal our friendship.”

 

 

They all linked arms with each other, “1, 2, 3…” Jaebum counted down right before he clicked the two ends of the lock together.

 

 

“We’re all stuck with each other forever now, huh…” Jinyoung muttered as he sighed, “Well, we technically consider each other family…”

 

 

Yugyeom grinned, “That’s right, mom!”

 

 

Jinyoung glared at him, “Can you people stop calling me your mom?! I’m a male, I never had you guys!”

 

 

Jaebum sighed also, “Tell me about it…”

 

 

Jackson stuck his tongue out at him, “Aw, we know you love us, mom and dad!”

 

 

The earlier lad shook his head, “I, Im Jaebum, am not your dad. Get that straight!”

 

 

Sooyeon turned to Minji, “Are they usually like this…?”

 

 

She nodded slowly, “Yeah, most of the time… They’re always like this: emotionally insane.”

 

 

“Oh boy, what did I get into…”

 

 

Minji looked away to the guys for a bit and laughed, “That was exactly my first question when Jinyoung first introduced me to them. I never knew th-” she cut herself off when she noticed her friend wasn’t there anymore. She looked back at her friends, “Guys, did you see Sooyeon leave?”

 

 

All of the guys turned turned to her, “Nope.”

 

 

Mark cleared his throat, “Let her be, she’s responsible enough. She probably just wanted to go back down, I know her.”

 

 

Everyone became silent after that, but Youngjae decided to halt that, “We’re still going to the beach, right? Instead of dinner because it’ll be too expensive?”

 

 

They all nodded and continued their silence once again.

 

 

Mark knew something was wrong with his sister, but he decided to let it go for now. The two other siblings noticed the expression Mark had on his face, and it couldn’t leave their mind.

 

 

----

 

 

Out of curiosity, Jinyoung went down to look for Sooyeon even though he felt it was wrong to do so. After walking around for fifteen minutes, he found her outside of the Namsan Tower sitting on a bench. He walked towards her and sat down beside her, “Hey, you okay?”

 

 

She was startled as she jumped a bit, “Yeah, I guess.”

 

 

“No you’re not. What’s wrong?”

 

 

Sooyeon shook her head, “Not, it’s okay.”

 

 

Jinyoung sighed, “Look, if there’s anyone that you could trust in the entire group, that’s either me or my sister. You look really bothered, so don’t bottle it up inside.”

 

 

The girl looked at him but then looked back on the ground, “I’ll just say that the monster I destroyed inside me years ago slowly reborned itself recently.”

 

 

“Depression, huh? Well, if there’s something that you can’t talk to Mark about, you can always ask me or Minji for a venting session.”

 

 

She nodded, “I got it. Thanks, Jinyoung, I mean it.”

 

 

“No problem. You better get rid of the pain that you’re bottling up inside by talking to us. If I see you like this again, I’ll nag at you. One last thing, please come back upstairs with us, we’re about to go get some lunch.”

 

 

Sooyeon stood up, “I am getting kind of hungry…”

 

 

They began walking back up to everyone else, and Jinyoung decided to say something, “By the way, Mark is always trying to help you out. Don’t be scared to tell him anything either, he treats you like a real sister.”

 

 

“I know,” she started, “But I don’t really like talking to people about my problems. It’s been like this for years, I have tried to change it but I can’t.”

 

 

“That’s because you’re afraid of making that change, that’s why you can’t do it. It shows you don’t have much confidence, but there are always things that will boost it.”

 

 

“I’m extremely introverted, it’s not that easy.” she commented.

 

 

Jinyoung stopped and looked at her, “One more word of doubt from you and I’m telling Mark about what you’re feeling. And trust me, he’ll believe everything I say.”

 

 

“Of course, Mark says that you always speak the truth...ninety-eight percent of the time.” Sooyeon said with a small chuckle, “Same goes to him, though.”

 

 

----

 

 

After thirty minutes, all of the boys were completely stuffed.

 

 

“Oh my gosh, I shouldn’t have had that extra side order of Kimbab… I don’t think I’ll need to eat for the next two meals.” Mark commented.

 

 

Minji laughed, “I said it wasn’t a wise idea. Look at all of you, you guys look like uncontent grandpas!”

 

 

Sooyeon giggled, “If someone s their pants, then they’re going to be the overweight grandpa with a beer belly.”

 

 

At the moment, all of the boys looked at Jaebum with a interesting yet questionable look.

 

 

“What the… I am not going to! Sheesh, I’m not a grandpa! Don’t look at me like that! First you guys call me a dad then you make me a generation older...”

 

 

The brunette girl scratched her head while weakly chuckling, “Sorry about that, Jaebum…”

 

 

“None taken, it’s just that these boys just love making fun of me.”

 

 

Jackson shrugged with a gummed smile, “Well, what are we still doing here? We’re supposed to be heading to the beach. Lets get going!”

 

 

Youngjae groaned, “Can we just stay here for a few more minutes? I’m still so full to even stand up.”

 

 

“Aw, you guys are no fun!”

 

 

“Let them be, Jackson.” Minji said, “They decided to eat like they were each two grown men, so it’s their fault, not yours.”


 

“I completely agree!” Sooyeon replied as she began laughing.

 


 

Happy New Year, everyone! Whether you either end 2014 today or have started 2015 just a few hours ago, then I just wanted to update to make sure I didn't leave this behind. Thank you for a fabulous year! By the way, I know I haven't updated this in over a month. Please forgive me. Finals was in the way of my schedule, and my cousins came to San Francisco for Christmas, so I spent a whole week with them :) Another by the way, I'm sorry if anywhere in the chapter and onwards where you see the name "Marik" instead of "Mark" because uhm... I was consumed by a new fandom. If another remember the first name I mentioned, then yes! I am part of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters fandom now(again). Well, bye guys :)