Gogi

Forever, Beyond Eternity [HIATUS]

"Hey Jinyoung, thanks for saving my behind earlier. Mark doesn't like him and it was just too awkward actually seeing that guy again." Sooyeon thanked him while the both of them were walking away.

 

 

He nodded, "It's nothing. Why does Mark hate him though?"

 

 

She sighed, "Mark only started hating him awhile ago...maybe a year? I don't even know what it is, actually. Mark found out on his own and never bothered to tell me, I guess."

 

 

"Did he hurt you?"

 

 

Sooyeon looked at him, "Yoongi? Heavens no, we just fought a lot, but he never played around with me. He was a good boyfriend. The only reason why we broke up is because I just can't do long distance relationships."

 

 

Jinyoung's eyes trailed off to the sky, "Makes me wonder if he still loves you, then. Do you?"

 

 

"Again, Heavens no. I love being able to run my own life, well, when Mark's not around."

 

 

"He was clingy?"

 

 

She nodded, "Very. Do you have any experience?"

 

 

"In dating? Not much, I only had two girlfriends in the past, and they didn't work out quite well, I run my own world also." Jinyoung replied back.

 

 

Sooyeon chuckled, "Don't you hate it, when you're in a relationship, your partner acts like they know everything about you and can make your decisions for you? Like seriously, don't be such a Mark."

 

 

He was silent for a bit, "Your relationships must have been long term because I never experienced that...mine were short-lived. However, your comparison amuses me."

 

 

She smiled, "Mark is the only person that I can think of that knows me better than I know myself, so I chose him."

 

 

"I really like how you're so close with Mark, it reminds me of my relationship with my sister. Having siblings can be a handful, but family and friends are all we have."

 

 

Sooyeon nodded, "That's very true, but Jinyoung... Whenever we're with each other, the only thing we actually do talk about is family."

 

 

It was silent for a moment, "You're right... Let's start over?"

 

 

"Sure. What do we talk about though? I think the conversation has died."

 

 

Jinyoung weirdly looked at her, "Okay. First off, how did you and Mark get over your awkwardness because the both of you are very shy. Second, I just noticed how boring we are as people."

 

 

"...Awkwardness brings people together?"

 

 

----

 

 

"No! It wasn't anything like that, I was just curious..." Sooyeon admitted.

 

 

Both her and Jinyoung were sitting down on the grass, talking about past experiences trying to get to know each other more.

 

 

He busted out laughing, "So what you're saying... Your thirteen year old self wanted to see what it was like dressing as a guy, so you took Mark's school uniform?"

 

 

"Pretty much. Then I got in trouble because Mark called the school saying he would be absent if I didn't go home and give him back his uniform." she grinned, silently laughing at herself.

 

 

"You're quite interesting, Kwon Sooyeon... I haven't met a girl so weird before." the boy confessed, "I can understand why Mark has to keep an eye out on you sometimes..."

 

 

Sooyeon shrugged, "I'm used to other people calling me weird." she said as she pulled out her phone, "Oh my gosh, it's getting late, it's past seven. I should be going soon..."

 

 

"I don't think you should be out alone in the dark, Miss 'I Have A Face While I Walk So Others Don't Look At Me,' I'll drop you off home."

 

 

She looked at him, "Are you sure? I don't want to trouble you."

 

 

Jinyoung smiled, "It's totally fine. I promised Mark that I would watch over you if he's not around."

 

 

"Oh... Then I am troubling you."

 

 

He stood up and helped her up also, "I said that you're not, so let's go before it gets even more dark out."

 

 

While they were walking to his car, Sooyeon received a text from her brother.

 

 

"I know that you're with Jinyoung right now. Bring him over because Dad wants to meet him. Minji's here also, just to let him know that she's safe."

 

 

She quickly replied back, "Alright, we'll be at the house in fifteen minutes."

 

 

"Well, you and Minji are having dinner at my house. I don't know if it'll take long, though."

 

 

----

 

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Jinyoung.” Sooyeon and Mark’s dad said, “It’s making me happy finally seeing my boy’s best friend.”

 

 

Jinyoung smiled and nodded, “Neh, I have said a lot of good words about Mark to my dad. My dad is curious about meeting Mark also.”

 

 

Their father smiled, “That’s good, then tomorrow you should have dinner.”

 

 

The dark haired boy nodded, “Yes, I’m planning on telling my dad about it tonight.”

 

 

“Oh, Dad. We saw Yoongi today, he looks kind of different.” Sooyeon stated.

 

 

He looked at his daughter, “Really? Your ex-boyfriend, right?”

 

 

She nodded, “Yeah. He looks different, but I could still tell that it was him. It seems like he hasn’t changed a bit, still shy as ever.”

 

 

Mark cleared his throat, “So Dad, where’s Pepero? I thought you were going to pick her up.”

 

 

“I did, she’s just in one of the rooms right now. Which reminds me, I have a present for you two. It’s because I believe you two have been good children and you can handle more responsibility.”

 

 

Sooyeon tilted her head in confusion, “Huh? More responsibility? Are we getting another pet?”

 

 

Their father stood up, “Hold on, let me get it for you.” he walked out of the kitchen and into the house.

 

 

Minutes later, their white poodle, Pepero came out running, while a black and tan Shiba Inu puppy shyly came inside the dining table.

 

 

All four of them began ‘awwing’ at the two dogs, completely distracted by the dogs’ cuteness.

 

 

“Aww, can I name this one? Mark got to choose Pepero!”

 

 

Mark glared at her, “Fine, but if you name it something stupid, then I’m changing it.”

 

 

“Hmm…” she began thinking, “I know! I want to name it...Gogi!”

 

 

All three of the late teenagers blankly looked at her. Mark sighed, “You would… Naming it after beef? You’re...acting normal.”

 

 

“I like it,” Minji commented, “After calling it in my head a few times, I think it’ll work.”

 

 

"I TOLD YOU!" Sooyeon exclaimed at her brother, "It's nice!"

 

 

Their father came inside, “Okay, do you two really NEED to fight over picking a dog’s name?”

 

 

Sooyeon quickly answered, “If he doesn’t like it, then yes!”

 

 

The middle aged man sighed and looked at their friends, “I apologize for my daughter’s abnormal behavior…”

 

 

Jinyoung laughed, “It’s okay, Mark warned us.”


 

Minji nodded with a soft laugh, “Yeah, plus Jinyoung and I can be the same exact thing.”

 


Quick update! :) Oh, because I live in the Bay Area, congratulations to my favorite sports teams, the San Francisco Giants, for winning the 2014 World Series!!! Alright, hope everyone had a safe Halloween if you celebrate it! :)