Past to Present

Forever, Beyond Eternity [HIATUS]

 

There was something more sweet than the love of Kim Soomin and Park Minho and the love of Jeon Jaemi and Kwon Daejung.

 

 

It was the love that could have happened between Park Minho and Jeon Jaemi and the love between Kwon Daejung and Kim Soomin.

 

 

"Baekhyun! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" the mission leader angel, Jongdae yelled in frustration, "You weren't supposed to put those two in the same tables! Aish!"

 

"I'm sorry, Jongdae! There's nothing I can do now! I can't go back in time to do it over yet! We're not guardian angels yet! Why do you think we're doing this?! We're angels and we're supposed to be giving people their miracles!" the older angel, Baekhyun, cried as his stomped his feet repeatedly.

 

 

Jongdae sighed deeply, "Why am I always stuck with you when something important comes up? I'll never become a guardian angel..."

 

 

"I want to be one too... That's why I'm on this mission..." Baekhyun pouted.

 

 

"We can't now because of you! We have to wait for who knows long! We were given these four people to help but we screwed over right now!" The younger one slapped his hyung from the back of his head.

 

 

The two looked at the couple who shared the same table at the university restaurant, it was Park Minho and Kim Soomin their their three dollar lunches.

 

 

That's when Jongdae suddenly remembered something, "Wait, we can fix this if Jaemi did not end up having a class with Daejung!"

 

 

"Then let's go find out, Jongdae!" and with that, they fly in the sky and landed near the building. After “walking” a little, they were inside Jaemi's Geology lecture.

 

 

"Look around." Jongdae demanded as he searched through plenty of students in the room.

 

 

That's when Baekhyun saw Daejung helping Jaemi with her broken pencil case.

 

 

Jongdae groaned, "We're screwed. Joonmyun's going to look down on us now..."

 

 

"But chingu-yah, we can try again one day..." Baekhyun attempted at stopping any negative aura between them.

 

 

"Yeah... In like, a few decades."

 

 

"Let's just keep note that it's 1984, Jongdae!" Baekhyun grinned.

 

 

The younger glared at him, "Now is not a time to be optimistic, Baekhyun."

 

 

He pouted, "Fine... I'm just saying that we'll be guardian angels one day."

 

 

"Just make sure you don't make another mistake next time."

 

 

2014

 

"Baekhyun, Jongdae! Come over here, you have a message from God!" Kyungsoo, a messenger angel, called them over to him.

 

 

"Yes, Kyungsoo-ah?" Baekhyun questioned as they went up to him.

 

 

He handed the younger one an envelope, "Your second chance, boys. Don't screw around this time."

 

 

"Only if Baekhyun doesn't make another mistake..." Jongdae muttered under his breath.

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed, "Baekhyun, you'll meet the Son family and pay most attention to Minji. Jongdae, you'll meet the Kwon family and pay most attention to Sooyeon."

 

 

That's when the younger one of the two realized something, "Wait, are they the children of the ones who we made the mistake on?"

 

 

Kyungsoo nodded, "I'm glad you remember their surnames."

 

 

"How could we not..." Baekhyun sighed.

 

 

Kyungsoo looked at the both of them, "With the permission of God, you are now able to start your mission. Plus a few extra chances of freedom have been granted to your hard work. ....and by pity." he whispered the last part.

 

 

With that, the two of taken to their households.

 

 

Baekhyun landed in an apartment. It was very small and probably only had two rooms.

 

 

"Eomma! This is what I want to do, I want to study Music, I want to open my eyes more in this. Can't you understand that?!" a girl in her late teens exclaimed towards her mother.

 

 

"Minji-ah, why do you need to be an Music student? Choosing one that gives you a higher salary and just going with it will be easier!" her mother yelled back at her, becoming frustrated.

 

 

Minji sighed, "It won't be my passion!Why are you forcing me to choose?!"

 

 

"I just want the best for you!"

 

 

"No eomma, no you don't. You just want me to be successful and rich so you can show me off to your friends. I can see why Dad left you all that time ago, he was tired of being your dog. I'm so jealous of Jinyoung, eomma... Why can't I live with appa..." Minji screamed and ran out of her house, leaving her mother speechless.

 

 

- - - -

 

 

Jongdae ended up in a large, white bedroom, and saw a girl crying, and a boy comforting her, "Mark... Why does Mom and Dad want to get a divorce... It's not right, they're our parents. They can't..."

 

 

"Sooyeon-ah, you have to understand that not all relationships work out. Mom and Dad wanted to wait until you went to college, hoping you would be okay with it by the time." her adoptive brother, Mark, sighed, trying to explain the situation.

 

 

"But how are you okay with all of this?" Sooyeon questioned.

 

 

He sighed, "Because I've been knowing for awhile now. Also, that's why we're going to Seoul because we want you to be distracted. None of us want you to keep on thinking about someone else's problems."

 

 

"I guess so..."

 

 

Mark smiled, "Come on, let's go pack up."

 

 

By the end of the day, Baekhyun and Jongdae met up again outside of the Gates of Heaven.

 

 

"Jongdae, Minji is really struggling with her upcoming major because her mom doesn't approve of it." Baekhyun sighed, "I felt bad..."

 

 

Jongdae patted his head, "I felt bad for Sooyeon too. She's having trouble coping with her parents divorce."

 

 

"Minji's parents are divorced also."

 

 

Kyungsoo went up to them, "The divorce happened because of your mistake. They realized that they weren't right for each other."

 

 

"Really... Kyungsoo, stop surprising us like that..." Jongdae sighed as he looked at him.

 

 

Kyungsoo laughed, slapping him in the back, "Don't push it, Jongdae. I just came to give you your actual mission. Look, you have the same mission, but it's just for their children. I'm not allowed to tell you who they're destined to be with, but they'll be closer than you think."

 

 

Baekhyun looked confused, "Is it us?"

 

 

Kyungsoo looked horrified, "What? Oh our superior, goodness gracious no. You two are dead, and have been for almost forty years."

 

 

Jongdae laughed to himself, "Well, Sehun's been here longer than any of us... So, it be even more weird if you chose him."

 

 

"Poor Sehun-ah, getting killed by the Dust Bowl back in the 1920s really opened his eyes to all the new types of women of the current decade..." Baekhyun tried not to laugh.

 

 

Kyungsoo glared at them, "Oh shush! You two are just like him! Now come back in, work on your mission again tomorrow." he said to them, patting both of their backs as they walked back into the gates of Heaven.