[*] Hour of Dying

Slow Like Thunder [Drabbles]

Title: Hour of Dying

Characters: Kyungsoo, Baekhyun

Rated: PG-13

Genre: angst

Warning: character deaths, drugs & alcohol, abuse, suicide

Word Count: 532

Inspiration: Kyungsoo's always abusing Baekhyun (of course not like this)

 


 

Hour of Dying

I carefully eyed the bottles of alcohol set on the table and with trembling fingers, I reached for the nearest one and broke open the cap. Taking deep, slow breaths, I held the opening of the bottle against my lips, its cold exterior sending chills down my spine. I caught the whiff of the content right before I tilted my head back and tainted by body.

It was a new year and I had just lost my job. I shouldn't have gone to the shop and wasted what precious money I had left on alcohol.

I had drained two whole bottles by the time the keys jangled and the door unlocked, meaning my long-term boyfriend was returning to our quaint little home. I was just sitting on the chair, staring at nothing. The only thing on my mind was that I had lost my job and we would struggle to keep the house. I had that job ever since I was in college; I began as an intern and made my way up to the top.

What should I tell him?

I looked at my boyfriend after he approached me and picked up an empty bottle. He asked, "Kyungsoo, did you drink all of this? By yourself? I've never heard of you drinking before. Are you okay?"

I wanted to embrace him and weep and tell him how messed up I was, but my emotions were mixed and clouded. My emotions and my body were confused.

Instead of hugging him as I'd wanted, as I'd intended, I balled up my hands and began beating him.

Why didn't he run away or cry for help? He stayed there and let me beat him until he was unconscious. I'm so sorry, my love.

Many seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or years passed. I'm not sure which before I finally saw him again. It was a winter morning. It was cold. He seemed to have trouble remembering me; it took several long, quiet moments before a smile appeared on his face and he embraced me.

I did the only thing I could -- I cried.

After I hurt him, he still welcomed me.

"Baekhyun, I'm so sorry. I just wanted to see your face one last time," I managed to say.

He looked puzzled as he wiped away my tears, "What do you mean one last time? Aren't you staying with me forever?" I gazed into his soft brown eyes as he took my hands in his, "Don't leave me again Kyungsoo. I love you."

I took a look around our surroundings -- it was just us. I looked back at him, "Baekhyun? Where are we?"

"I've been waiting for you," he replied instead with a glowing smile. He pulled me tightly against him, "Stay with me, don't go."

I smiled over his shoulder and whispered softly into his ear, "I'm staying, Baekhyun. I'm not leaving you now that I've found you again."

~

"Do Kyungsoo has died on the second of January due to high overdosage of sleeping pills. Found grasped in his hand was a letter addressed to his recently deceased boyfriend Byun Baekhyun: In my hour of dying, I will only think of you."

 


 

Being unable to use my laptop for awhile is upsetting ;_;

I hate warnings sometimes, they spoil all the fun in the story.

*imitates River* "Spoilers!"