[*] Reuniting as Inmates

Slow Like Thunder [Drabbles]

Title: Reuniting as Inmates

Characters: Chanyeol, Baekhyun

Rated: PG-13

Genre: angst

Warnings: do prison and murder count as warnings?, mention of

Word Count: 696

Inspiration: I really don't know... ChenBaekYeol deprivation? lol. My OT3 <3

 


 

Reuniting as Inmates

"Hey, Park," Suho said as he fumbled with the set of keys, "you have a new cell mate."

Chanyeol paused for a brief moment before resuming his reading. He had enjoyed his own cell ever since his last mate left about a month ago, but he knew it would be time he received another.

When the door swung open, creaking on its hinges, Suho and the other two guards entered, along with Chanyeol's new cell mate. Clearing his throat, Suho said, "Park Chanyeol, meet Byun Baekhyun."

At the familiar name ringing in his ears, Chanyeol's head shot up, eyes wide. He looked the petit brunet up and down, "No way."

Baekhyun reacted similarly to Chanyeol. Upon hearing the name of his cell mate, Baekhyun's feet had suddenly been glued to the floor and his heart ached terribly.

Suho raised a brow, "Do you two know each other? I didn't see any mention of an acquaintance."

"We won't kill each other," Chanyeol offered the guard a smile, "if that's what you're worried about."

"Will you two be okay?" Suho asked Baekhyun, being skeptical about Chanyeol's response. At Baekhyun's silent nod, Suho faced Chanyeol, "Will you be nice and show him around?"

The two were left alone in the cell, one avoiding the other's gaze as his legs remained stock-still. The one seated on the bed gestured to the opposite side of the room, "You'll be sleeping there."

In disbelief, the petit brunet frowned, "That's all I get?"

"You're in prison, Baek."

"That's not what I meant."

With a softer voice, Chanyeol asked, "Why are you?"

"Because I wanted to see you," Baekhyun replied sarcastically, sitting on his bed. He took a look around the small room, noting the urinal in the corner beside a small sink. He bit the insides of his cheeks, fighting back the tears threatening to fall. He wasn't supposed to be there.

"Honestly, Baekhyun," Chanyeol sighed, closing his book and setting it down. "Why are you here? You're the last person I expect to see in prison."

"Attempted murder."

The two remained quiet, Chanyeol observing Baekhyun from the back as Baekhyun faced the walls.

Finally, Baekhyun turned around and looked at Chanyeol, tears streaming down his cheeks, "Chanyeol. I don't want to be here. I don't belong here."

Immediately, Chanyeol crossed the room and embraced the petit brunet, only to be rejected. Chanyeol settled on holding one of Baekhyun's hands, "It's going to be hard to adjust, but as long as you stay by my side, I will protect you."

"Why do you want to protect me? I thought you hated me."

"I can never hate you, Baekhyun."

"Then why did you walk away? Even when I screamed at you to stay, you left without a single word, a single glance," Baekhyun broke into tears, tearing his hand away from Chanyeol's. "I don't hear anything from you until about four months later, and it's about you being sent to prison -- on a murder charge."

"I had my reasons, Baek. I'm sorry."

"Do you think taking care of me here will repay all the damage you did?" Baekhyun snapped.

"It's dangerous here, Baek. Especially for someone like you. The others can smell fear and weakness. There are people you must avoid to survive here. Ever since Suho and his team arrived, they've been doing a pretty good job keeping us in order, but every once in awhile, you'll hear about a somewhere."

Baehyun's chest pounded hard inside his chest. The tears began to fall again. Baekhyun felt hopeless and miserable; yes, he did attempt to kill someone, but it was all in self-defense. The odds were against him once it was revealed Baekhyun was of the lower spectrum of the middle-class while the other was of the upper class.

Baekhyun had lost the case and was punished with eight years in prison.

Chanyeol forced Baekhyun into his arms. Holding the petit brunet tightly, he whispered in his ear, "I will protect you, Baekhyun. No one will dare touch you as long as you're with me. You can't trust anyone here, understand? Don't even trust my friends whole-heartedly. You'll need to create a mask."

 


 

In the future I would like to write a short chaptered-fic or a long oneshot continuing with this.

But I have no knowledge of prisons and what happens inside... so yeah, maybe I won't continue ><;