[*] Friends

Slow Like Thunder [Drabbles]

Title: Friends

Characters: whoever (I imagined Jongdae/Baekhyun as the main character & Baek/Dae, Yeol, and Soo as the friends)

Rated: PG

Genre: friendship

Warnings: social axiety

Word Count: 384

Inspiration: I think I struggle with social anxiety. I also think I'm a shy introvert, is that possible?

 


 

Friends

The metallic taste danced on his tongue as he took several steps back. He slowly shook his head and muttered an apology before twisting around and taking off.

When he was sure he placed enough distance between himself and his friends, he slowed his pace and sighed miserably. His irrational fear of social activities always gave him anxiety attacks whenever someone invited him to go somehwere.

What he just went through was rather normal -- for him, at least. To others, he probably seemed like an anti-social freak.

But he couldn't control it. His increase in heart rate, his hands getting clammy, beads of perspiration rolling down his forehead, his tongue tied in a knot.

And the symptoms were never really all the same.

As his arms and legs trembled, he stumbled on his way home, avoiding the looks he assumed others were giving him.

It wasn't until he stood in his bedroom, head pressed against the door, that he allowed himself to breathe. How could he have reacted that way in front of his friends?

His friends.

His friends who simply invited him over to a party at someone else's house, but the moment he heard the word 'party' he began to panic.

His friends knew he disliked any public or social event, so why did they bother to invite him? Were they trying to mock him? To help him?

Regret and shame replaced the fear and anxiety. He always felt as if he were letting others down by declining to attend or participate in whatever it was that was being asked at the moment.

But he knew if he attended the parrty, he'd only be sitting alone in the corner wishing he were home instead. Communication wasn't his strong point nor was being in a large crowd of strangers. It didn't even have to be strangers, large crowds intimidated him.

Reaching for his phone, he sent a message of apology to his friends. The need to explain himself arose, but he stopped himself halfway when he received a reply.

We just decided we didn't want to go. We're just going to hang out together at my place Friday night. Did you want to come with us? It will just be us four.

A couple of seconds later.

You don't need to apologize, idiot.

 


 

omg, I wrote this a long time ago and forgot to publish it. I probably typed this instead of writing it out like I usually do.

I must have had my own moment that prompted me to write this out :/