Toothpaste?

Slow Like Thunder [Drabbles]

Title: Toothpaste?

Characters: Baekhyun, Jongdae, random person (Minseok)

Rated: PG

Genre: Fluff (I guess)

Warnings: none

Word Count: 445

Inspiration: prompt from tumblr that I can't find

Date: August 29, 2015

 


 

Jongdae popped the candy into his mouth and crinkled the wrapper before tossing it onto the counter top. He pulled out a knife and cut the tape apart. He hadn't expected his books to arrive so soon...

Jongdae's brows furrowed in confusion. He took out one of the bubble wrapped items. Obviously they weren't books but his curiosity got the better of him. Jongdae cut through the bubble wrap to reveal the mysterious items.

I've never seen toothpaste wrapped so carefully. What is this one...? Oh. That's probably not toothpaste then. Oh.

Jongdae grabbed the box and checked the address. It wasn't for Kim Jongdae who lived in Apartment Suite #27 but for a Byun Baekhyun in #21. He carefully rewrapped the items with the bubble wrap and stuffed them back into the box. He understood how the delivery man would have mistook his apartment as #21 because the 7 on his door was tearing off and looked similar to a 1 if one weren't observant enough. He'd contacted the management office but they had yet to fix the problem.

Taking the box with him, Jongdae stepped outside to find the real owner. He knocked on the door to Suite #21 and stepped back, anxiously tapping his fingers against the box. How embarrassing it was for the both of them, most especially the one named Byun Baekhyun.

A young man, perhaps his age if not younger, opened the door. "Can I help you?"

Blinking with uncertainty, Jongdae asked, "Are you Byun Baekhyun?" At the young man's nod, Jongdae out the box. "This arrived at my place. I opened it by mistake thinking it was mine. Everything is still in there... don't worry."

Baekhyun didn't order anything but his name was printed on the white sticker on one of the box flaps. Jongdae avoided any eye contact as Baekhyun cautiously took the box. For all Baekhyun knew, the stranger could have been attempting to break into his home with the hopes that no one answered the door. After the exchange, Jongdae left.

Baekhyun tucked the box under his arm and shut the door. Once he checked the contents within the box he understood why the stranger acted so... strange. His cheeks flushed in embarrassment before he snatched his phone and hit speed dial. How wonderful, one of his neighbors -- was that the right word? -- now thought Baekhyun liked to play with toys. Wonderful.

"Why'd you have to use my name?" Baekhyun hissed into the phone.

"What do you mean?"

"Your order arrived."

"Ohh, okay okay. Nice! It came in early! Just leave it in my room. Thanks Baek you're the best!"

The phone line disconnected.

 


 

Can y'all guess what the 'toothpaste' was lol XD