The Tradition of Napping

Slow Like Thunder [Drabbles]

Title: The Tradition of Napping

Characters: Baekhyun, Jongdae | Sehun (mention)

Rated: PG

Genre: fluff

Warnings: none

Word Count: 481

Inspiration: I read something that effed me up on twitter, I don't know where it went so don't ask me lmao sorry. I really needed some fluffy Baekchen because I've been angsting them recently. Also, I hate naps, but I love cuddly Baekchen and Jongdae's "Beethoven" hair.

Date: July 3, 2016

 

 

The weekends were their favorite days of the week and not because they had no work, but because for an hour or two, they would lie in bed together during the afternoons. Rarely did either of them speak. Those couple of hours were dedicated for them to be together in silence and sleep.

Thick curtains blocked out any sunlight from entering the bedroom. The only noises heard were inhales and exhales of breaths, the soft moans and whimpers from Baekhyun when he transitioned to sleep, and the light kisses Jongdae would leave Baekhyun. Unless it was one of those afternoons, but even then the noises only consisted of breathy sighs and gasps, grunts, and moans.

Quite contrary to the beliefs of their friends, Baekhyun and Jongdae weren't extremely talkative nor loud when they were alone together. They didn't need to be; they understood each other most of the time. They've had years of experience with each other, from their first meeting during elementary school where competition to be the best in their class brought them together as rivals until they met the great Oh Sehun in middle school, who became the reason they turned into friends with a common enemy, to the present day where they eventually found comfort and love within each other.

They knew what ticked each other off, but they also knew what each other loved -- cuddles and naps.

That winter afternoon they shut the curtains and crawled into bed. Hugging a pillow against his chest, Baekhyun was the first one out. Jongdae knew from the familiar sounds his lover made and also from the rhythmic breathing. A smile on his lips, Jongdae planted the faintest of kisses on Baekhyun's neck before resting his forehead against Baekhyun's back. His eyes closed and not a minute later, he's asleep as well.

It was able a gamble of who awoke first and this time it was Baekhyun.

He had moved up on the bed against the pillows and the headboard so he could stare down at the sleeping Jongdae. Gently as not to wake his lover, Baekhyun brushed the tips of his fingers against Jongdae's hair. It was no secret that Baekhyun loved and respected Jongdae's decision to grow out his hair. Whether it was during their traditional nap time or lounging on the couch watching television, Baekhyun was always playing with Jongdae's hair. He twirled it with a finger, careful not to accidentally get his finger trapped in a coil of hair.

Jongdae made a quiet noise in his throat before shimmying closer to Baekhyun, who took the cue to hug Jongdae tight against him. They remained in bed for several more minutes just lying together, breathing in scents, needles dancing across their skin with every touch, heartbeats in sync.

"My favoite part of waking up is seeing you again," Baekhyun whispered.

Jongdae yawned before whispering back, "Mine too."

 


 

LMAO it took me over half a year to update wtf ><

I wrote this on July 3 but midnight came too fast and now it's July 4 but I'm still putting July 3.