[*] I Can't Do This All Night Long, Baby

Slow Like Thunder [Drabbles]

Title: I Can't Do This All Night Long, Baby

Characters: Kyungsoo, Chanyeol | Baekhyun, Jongdae

Rated: PG

Genre: fluff

Warnings: none

Word Count: 500

Inspiration: Love Me Right + my thirst for Chansoo + procrastination

Date: November 12, 2015

 


 

"When are you coming to bed?"

"Five more minutes."

With a sigh, Kyungsoo plucked the loose strands of hair from the pillows and released them onto the floor. Strand by strand, he cleaned the pillows before laying down on the cold sheets. Kyungsoo closed his eyes, ready to fall asleep, but the clicking of the keyboard and mouse became a nuisance.

Little did Chanyeol know the five minutes had passed. Kyungsoo kept track, glancing at the digital clock every so often. "Chanyeol. Bed. Now."

"Okay, okay. Hold on a sec."

Again, the clicks drummed into Kyungsoo's ears.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I prefer rooming with Baekhyun." Although Baekhyun enjoyed late-night talks, Kyungsoo could bear it. Baekhyun's voice was pleasant to hear, not like the annoying taps and clicks that came from Chanyeol. It was as if Chanyeol was a robot.

How terrible, I fell in love with a machine.

Chanyeol eventually shut off his laptop and the lamp. He slid into his side of the bed. "Good night, Soo."

Kyungsoo peeked out from beneath the covers at Chanyeol, whose face became illuminated from the cell phone screen in his hands. The corners of Chanyeol's lips curved into a smile while he thumbed through his phone. Kyungsoo turned around and faced the other side; maybe he could finally get some sleep...

A snicker coming from the one and only Park Chanyeol woke Kyungsoo just as the latter began dozing off. Grunting, Kyungsoo faced Chanyeol who was, indeed, laughing to himself. "Are you serious?"

Chanyeol's eyes met Kyungsoo's. "Sorry, I just read some funny text posts."

"Can't that wait until tomorrow? I'm trying to sleep. You should sleep too."

In the end, Chanyeol put away his phone and snuggled against Kyungsoo. Sleep crept into their bedroom, but disappeared almost instantly when a loud and whiny, "Why?" came from outside their bedroom, followed by laughter.

"Daebaek are up," Chanyeol whispered, as if Kyungsoo didn't already know from all the noise. The couple attempted to ignore the racket and catch some sleep, but the voices only became louder. It didn't help either when the walls seemed to vibrate with their voices.

Kyungsoo groaned and slid off the bed, searching for his spray bottle.

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol asked.

Filling the bottle with cold water, Kyungsoo replied, "I can't do this all night long, baby." He jerked the bedroom door open and the voices became clearer to the point where Chanyeol, sitting on the bed, could make out what Baekhyun and Jongdae were saying. Chanyeol watched as his boyfriend stepped out the bedroom. Not long after, he could hear shouting and the unmistakeable sound of Kyungsoo working the spray bottle.

"Ahh! Stop!"

"We're sorry!"

"Stop it!"

"Kyungsoo!"

"Stop it, stop it!"

"Chanyeol! Control your boyfriend!"

A door slammed shut, startling Chanyeol. Seconds later, Kyungsoo returned and set the bottle down and returned to the bed. "Good night, Yeol."

"Good night, Soo," Chanyeol grinned, reminding himself never to stay up too late.