The Usual

Slow Like Thunder [Drabbles]

Title: The Usual

Characters: Baekhyun, Jongdae

Rated: G

Genre: fluff

Warnings: Baek's infatuation with Dae

Word Count: 504

Inspiration: None really... I guess my attempt to write fluff

 


 

The Usual

It was cold and wet but Baekhyun wore the brightest grin around for miles. The weather didn't phase the dainty brunet dressed in the warm coat and shiny black boots.

It was the day Baekhyun headed to the fourth park bench that one would come across if coming from the east entrance. Baekhyun would sit on the bench and wait for a couple minutes before the cutest guy in the whole in world rolled in with his smoothie cart.

Well, considering the weather the cart guy would be selling hot chocolate and if anyone asked Baekhyun, the hot chocolate was to die for. In its essence it was absolutely rich and perfect. And it only cost 3000 won.

He was sure the cutie recognized him by now. Soon they would finally be on a name basis. Baekhyun wondered if the cutie had a girlfriend. She would be one lucky princess. From what Baekhyun had gathered just by the way the cutie made his drinks and spoke and laughed and--

Anyway, Baekhyun arrived at the bench and there the cutie was, a friendly smile on his face as he handed a customer her drink. Baekhyun slowed his steps to buy as much time as he could possibly get. Why was the guy blessed with such beauty? If only god had mercy on Baekhyun.

"Oh, hello there!" the cutie smiled and waved upon seeing Baekhyun, one his most loyal and favorite customers. "Would you like the usual?"

Caught off guard, Baekhyun froze, a smile frozen on his face. "What was that?"

"Would you like the usual? You know, the hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate drizzles and marshmallows?"

Baekhyun broke into a grin and nodded eagerly.

"My name's Kim Jongdae," the cutie said as he stole a glance at Baekhyun. "What about you?"

Kim Jongdae? Kim Jongdae was perfect. Absolutely, most wonderfully, most terrifically, most--

"B-Byun Baekhyun," Baekhyun quickly replied in the fearful case that he forget and leave and awkward silence. His ears turned hot in embarrassment at how off he was today.

"It took forever but now I finally know your name and face," Jongdae laughed. Baekhyun laughed along, enthralled by Jongdae's beautiful smile and laughter. How did someone like Kim Jongdae exist?

Before he knew it, Baekhyun's drink was done and the 3000 won was paid. Not wanting to leave, Baekhyun lingered around the bench while he enjoyed his drink, all the while stealing glances at the cutie operating at the cart.

Jongdae smiled to himself as he tidied his area, waiting for any other customers. He knew Baekhyun was watching him, Baekhyun was always watching him.

Jongdae wondered if the brunet was aware that his hot chocolate was made specially for Baekhyun. Whipped cream instead of foam, extra chocolate drizzles and mini marshmallows because Baekhyun was as fluffy as whipped cream and squishy as marshmallows. The extra drizzle because of Baekhyun's bubbly personality.

He would never open for business in such a weather if it weren't for his number one customer.

 


 

Happy Valentine's Day ^^