Chapter 9 Part 1

The Royal Party

Chapter 9 part 1

February 4th, 2015

“I can’t believe I’ve never asked this, but do you guys have any powers?” Olivia looks around the room as Tao pauses The Avengers, and looks at her. “Where did this come from?”

She shrugs. “I have no idea, but I just suddenly got really curious. Tell me, do you have any?”

“Well… there’s a lot of things that we can and can’t do. Too many to really explain, I guess.”

“Well just tell me what you can do. All of you!”

“Um… well I have super… everything. Speed. Hearing. Eyesight. Everything is amplified for me.” Ravi answers her.

“Typical vampire crap. What about you Tao?” Ravi looks scandalized as Olivia moves on to Tao, and Se Kyeong whispers to him, “It’s OK babe. It’s not typical for me.”

“Um… as a werewolf, my strength is amplified as a human, but as we get closer to a full moon, my strength, hearing and eyesight get stronger. My feelings also. So if I’m sad, around a full moon its like I’ve gone full suicidal. That kind of thing.”

“Oh wow! So around me on a full moon…” Olivia smirks as she runs a hand down his chest, and Tao growls. “Don’t get me started.”

“Ugh, you guys, seriously. Can you stop for like one minute.” So Min hides behind her hand and Key wraps an arm around her. “Let them be. Their hormones are on rage right now and there is no stopping them so might as well let it happen to calm them down.”

“Not here…” So Min hides further under Key and he laughs. “So freaking cute…”

“What about you Key?” Olivia stops her teasing and turns to the magician.

“Well, I’m a warlock, so I guess the only thing special is my Warlock’s Mark, and the magic I can do.”

“What’s a Warlock’s Mark?”

“It’s kind of like a physical appearance that shows that we are warlocks. How Ravi has is canines, Tao has his wolf thing and Mark can change his appearance, warlocks can only do magic, so there is no really telling us apart. That’s where the mark comes in.”

“Well?”

“Well what?”

“What is it?”

“…that’s a secret.”

“He has 12 toes instead of 10.” So Min pops up to say, giggling, and then hides back under him.

“You do realize that hiding under me is not going to protect you?” Key looks at her, and she covers her eyes. “Well, if I can’t see you then you can’t see me.”

Key rolls his eyes. “Omo, where did So Min go?”

“See?”

“Wait, I hear you but I don’t see you…” Key wiggles his pointer finger, and in an instant, So Min is invisible, making everyone gasp.

“Where did So Min go?”

“Yah! What did you do to her?”

“Relax. I only made her invisible. She’s still there, you just can’t see her.” Key sits back down.

“Wait… you made me invisible?” So Min sits up to look at him, and he nods, looking at her. “Then how can you see me?”

“I’m a warlock sweetheart I’m impervious to my own spells.”

“So… if I take my top off no one will see?” So Min reaches for the hem of her shirt and Key flings a hand over his face will using the other one to make her uninvisible again while in the process showing everyone her bra.

“Ah… sorry…” He says, still covering his face. So Min puts her shirt back on quickly, and flushing bright red, wriggles back under Key.

“Yah…” she begins disheartened. “Why did you make me uninvisible at that time…”

“I didn’t want you taking your shirt off?” Key tries.

“Let’s move on from this.” Olivia waves her hand and points to Mark. “What can you do?”

“I can shapeshift.”

“Obviously, but do you have any superpowers?”

“No.”

“What can you shapeshift into?”

“That’s a long list. Let’s start with what I can’t shapeshift into.”

“Ok, then what can you not shapeshift into?”

“Mythological creatures.”

“Such as…?”

“Vampires, warlocks and werewolfs.”

“But they’re real.”

“Only to us. Not to everyone else. That’s what makes us mythological creatures.” Ravi explains.

“Ok… then why can’t you shapeshift into them?”

“They have certain magical properties that shapeshifters can’t mimic.”

“Oh… can you shapeshift into a dinosaur?”

“…If I wanted.”

“Do you want to?”

“Not really.”

“Why not?”

“What’s with all of the questions?”

“Just answer them and satisfy my curiosity or they will keep coming at you.”

“Because every time I shape shift, it drains my energy to turn back into a human.”

“So say you shape shifted… into a squirrel-“

“A squirrel?”

“Just go with it. But you get really tired, like completely dead tired. Will you be able to change back into a human.”

“No.”

“That what would you do?”

“Sleep as that animal to gain my energy.  Then change back.”

“Would you still be at a loss of energy afterwards?”

“Yep.”

“I don’t get it… none of you look surprised at all of their confessions. Did you guys already know this?” Olivia looks around as the girls nod, and then turns on Tao. “Yah! Why didn’t you tell me any of this?”

He furrows his brows. “You didn’t ask…”

Olivia huffs and faces the tv. “Just play the movie.”


Listen to I Never Let Go by DBSK

“Freak! Where are you?” Olivier enters Haneul’s apartment, and he hears a grumble come from her room. Stepping inside, he sees her cocooned in her blankets.

“Get out Olivier I’m trying to sleep.” Ignoring her request, Olivier jumps on top of her and she grunts. “But I want to sleep with you!” He whines, and then stops as she stares at him. “That came out completely wrong… oh well. Let’s go somewhere today.”

“Where?”

“On a date.”

“A date?”

He nods.

“We’re friends. We don’t go on dates.”

“That’s the problem.” Olivier rolls her onto her back and he sits on top of her. Leaning close, he whispers, “What if I don’t want to be just friends?”

Haneul goes stock still, her heart pumping. “Olivier… is this… a confession?”

“Damn right it is. Hana… I’ve never wanted to be friends with you.”

“Olivier…”

“Shh.” He puts a finger to her lips stopping her. “I need you to tell me. I was planning on leaving because I didn’t think you would want me anymore now that you have Mark-“

“You can’t just leave-“

“Let me finish. I need to know: do you have feelings for me?”

Haneul stares at the boy-no, man- on top of her for a minute before coming to a conclusion.

“No.”

“Did you ever have feelings for me?”

Haneul searches herself.

Did she have feelings for him at 6 when she scraped her knee and he carried her home so she wouldn’t have to walk on it?

 

Did she have feelings for him when he comforted her after her parents left?

 

Did she have feelings for him when she graduated middle school and he brought her a huge bouquet of flowers?

 

Did she have feelings for him when he moved in because he needed a place to stay when his parents died?

 

Did she ever have feelings for him?

 

She looks him straight in the eyes, while he prepared himself, for he already knew what the answer would be.

“No.”


Listen to I Never Let Go by DBSK

“Yah…” Mark whispers to Haneul, who was zoning out.

“Hm?” She looks at him.

“Is everything alright?”

“Yeah…” Haneul looks away as she thinks about the conversation earlier that morning.

“No.”

Mark sighs and kisses her on the forehead before getting off the bed.

“Then I’m leaving.”

“Olivier! You can’t just leave me!” Haneul shouts, tears in her eyes.

He gives her a bitter smile. “I can. I don’t have anything left for me here. I need to go find my one person now that you have yours.”

“Olivier! Please don’t do this! I need you here. With me!”

“Haneul, you have Mark. You don’t need me.”

“Mark does not understand me like you do. Olivier, please! Stop acting like a drama queen and just come lay down with me. Act like this never happened.”

“That’s the problem. This did happen. You will be fine without me.” With that, Olivier leaves the apartment.

“Haneul. What’s going on?”

Haneul looks at him, tears welling up. “Olivier left me.”

“Excuse me?”

“Olivier. Remember that boy that you met when you came over for dinner a while ago? He left! He’s gone! Forever! What the hell?” Haneul stands up from the couch and moves to the kitchen to distract herself.

“Hana… why did he leave?”

Haneul turns to Mark, streams running down the sides of her face, and dripping off of her chin in torrents. “He confessed to me. He confessed! And I turned him down.” She cries as she slides to the ground against the cabinets.

“He did what? Why?”

“Why do you think he confessed? I told him. I told him the truth, but he left me. I need him here! With me! But he doesn’t understand that.”

Mark moves and crouches down in front of her, and pulls her towards  him. “Don’t worry. You have me.”

Haneul stops half way. “You don’t understand. He was always there for me. Always. Whenever I got hurt or whenever I just wanted him to be with me, he was there! He was the only family I had after my parents had gone away, and now he’s leaving me too.” She presses the palms of her hands to eyes and gets up. “Mark, will you leave please? I need some time.”

“Haneul…”

“Please.”

“No.”

“Excuse me?” She turns on him with bloodshot eyes and a red face. Mark walks up to her and pulls her into a hug. “I told you, I’m not leaving.”

“Mark! Stop this and just leave!” Haneul fights him, but to no avail. “Mark! Please!”

“Haneul, He left! Now I’m here, and I’m going to be there for you. Forever and always, not matter what.  Whenever you get hurt, or you just want someone to be with you, I’m going to be there, so stop fight it!” Mark holds onto her tighter, and Haneul finally stops and collapses in his arms, crying.

“He left! He understood me, and he left!”

“I know. Now let me understand you so I can be there for you.”


Listen to I Never Let Go by DBSK

 “Something’s going on with Haneul.” Ravi frowns. “Who’s Olivier?”

“What? What about Olivier?”

“She said something about him leaving.”

Se kyeong gasps. “Oliviers gone? Oh my god, Haneul.” Se Kyeong covers with her hand and gets up.

“Wait, where are you going?” Ravi stands up also and follows her to the door.

“I need to tell the others.”

“Who’s Olivier?”

“A really close friend of Haneul’s. They’ve been together since they were just children. Thick as thieves.”

“Really?”

Se Kyeong nods grimly and finally makes it to Olivia’s room.

“Olivia!” She calls, while knocking on the door.

“What, What!?” She screams back as she opens it.

“We need to go to So Min. I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“You’ll see.”

The three make it to So Min’s room, who welcomes them in.

“What’s going on?” So Min asks Se Kyeong, who looks at them sadly.

“Olivier’s gone.”

“What?”

“No way!”

Olivia gapes at Se Kyeong. “Why?”

Se Kyeong looks at Ravi who shrugs. “I stopped listening in.”

“That’s ok. Haneul will tell us when she gets the chance.”


Haneul walks into Olivier’s old room, noticing that all of the furnishings were still there except for anything that was his little personal touch. The only thing that was his that he left there was a book, a picture and a card on top of the two.

Haneul,

I know you’re probably going through the room right now, remembering me, but don’t because it will be painful. Just take the two things underneath and leave the room OK? I want you to remember me by all of the fun things that we have done together, but then again, I don’t want you to remember me at all. Do both OK? I love you. I always will.

  • Olivier

Haneul sobs quietly in her hand as the sits down in the chair behind her, reading the card over and over again. Picking up the picture slowly, she recognizes it as the time her and Olivier had gone to a lake when it had frozen over to go ice fishing when they were 10. It showed her wrapped in a bright pink coat and a blue beanie smiling despite the freezing cold that was making her cheeks and nose go pink, and Oliver in a yellow and black parka who was smiling so big you couldn’t see his eyes anymore but featured a missing tooth right in the front with a tiny fish, maybe 2 inches long, held right up next to his face. They had spent 3 days there only to catch the little thing and decided to record the moment as the greatest moment in their lives.

“Yah… pabo… it’s cold outside. Why didn’t you wear earmuffs?” She whispers, running her thumb over the old photo. Picking up the old book, she notices a picture of a couple on the front she recognized as her mother and father. Opening the front cover quickly, she encounters a letter in the front addressed to her.

Haneul, this was your mother’s diary. I found it when I accidently knocked over a plant in the book shelves. See the one with the bamboo stick? That’s it. Well, the book shelf was a secret door to a little room featuring this book. I thought you should have it.

“My… mother’s diary?” Haneul stands up quickly and , wiping any trace of tears from her face, runs to find Se Kyeong.

A/N: you can stop playing I Never Let Go now


“Se Kyeong!” Haneul yells as she bursts into her apartment.

“What? What is it?” She yells as the runs down the spiral staircase from the loft above.

“Look what I-Olivier found!” She shoves the book into Se Kyeong’s hands.

“What’s this?”

“A diary! From my mom!”

“Wait what? Your mom kept a diary?”

“I guess! But read it! Hurry! I want to know if there’s something about us or the protectors or whatever in there!” The two sit down on the couch and skim through the book.

“There’s… nothing. Absolutely nothing.” Se Kyeong sits back, surprised.

“How can there be nothing in a diary that was in a secret room? It was in there for a freaking reason!” Haneul shrieks, and looks through the book again, checking for double pages or if the cover came off. “Doesn’t the front cover seem a little thick to you? Why is it leather bound by thread? Shouldn’t it be paper?”

“Haneul, calm down. It’s ok. We’ll figure out what we are soon enough. Don’t stress yourself over it for right now.”

“No, I’m going to stress myself over it. I want to know!”

“Haneul.” Se Kyeong grabs onto the girl by her shoulders. “Calm. Down. We all want to know what the protectors are, but freaking out over it won’t get us anywhere. Do you understand?”

“I-“

“Haneul!” Se Kyeong sighs. “Take a deep breath. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out.” They continue to do so for a while. “Better?” She asks, and Haneul nods. “Good. Let me call Ravi and tell him about this. You go tell the other girls.” Haneul nods while fiddling with the book when piece of paper glued onto the leather cover peels off a little.

“Se Kyeong…”

“Shush. I’m on the phone.”

“Se Kyeong…” Haneul peels the paper off a little further.

“Haneul, I told you to go tell the other girls.”

“Se Kyeong…”

“Ugh, he didn’t answer.”

“SE KYEONG!” Haneul yells to get the elder’s attention.

“WHAT?”

“A PAPER IS COMING OFF THE FREAKING COVER!”

“Seriously?” the two hover over the book as Haneul rips the paper off, revealing a stack of folded up ones.

“ah-ha! I told you the cover was too thick!” Haneul smiles as the pulls the stack out and begins to look through them. “What are these?” They look at papers full of shapes, setting the ones with actual writing to the side.

“I have no idea…”

Suddenly, Se Kyeong’s phone begins to ring.

“Hello?”

“Se Kyeong? You called me. Is everything all right? It’s pretty late.”

“You and your friends need to get your asses over here right now and see this.” She says quickly, then hangs up to continue studying the pictures. “Haneul, call the other two down here. I don’t want to go through this without them.

After the phone call, Olivia and So Min make it to Se Kyeong’s apartment in record time.

“Where are the other’s?” Olivia asks, searching the room.

“They aren’t here yet but I suspect they will any ti- there they are.” Haneul nods as the 4 rush into the room.

“Wait… How did you get into the building?” Se Kyeong looks at them.

“You may want to replace your lock.” Tao says cheekily. “Now, what’s going on?”

“Haneul’s mother kept a diary… and we just found a huge stack of papers hidden inside of it.” Se Kyeong answers him.

“Does it say anything about the protectors?” Key asks as he grabs the book.

“Nothing in the actual book itself, but we suspect these might. I didn’t want to read them without you guys here, just in case something happens.” Se Kyeong holds up the papers.

“Well go on! Read them!” So Min urges.

Se Kyeong looks at the pages, and finds one that starts out nicely.

I fear for our girls. They have no idea what’s going on, or what’s in store for them. I hope we can shelter them from the truth. I still can’t believe we left the clan; it seems so surreal. Shan says it was for the better; they didn’t need us anymore. It’s not like we could trust them anyways. No one wants to build the alliance but us. I don’t understand why they see super naturals as some sort of animal that can’t be contained. They are doing a good job at that. Better than us anyways. The War was too out of control for everyone and now the protectors want to kill all of them when we are the ones who started it. I don’t understand them anymore. They’ve sent people after us. We need to hide.

“They left?”

“There’s more?”

“They wanted to build an alliance with us?”

“I… don’t understand. Keep reading.”

Se Kyeong nods at the order.

They said that if we complete this one order, we’ll be free. They’ll let us go and leave our children alone; god knows what they would do to them if we don’t do it. The job itself is a secret. I don’t understand why but rules are rules in this case. We will leave soon. It is morbid but worth it if they will leave us alone.

 

“I wonder if this is why they left us? What mission do you guys think it is?” Se Kyeong looks towards the 4 guys in the room who are all shaking their heads.

Se Kyeong begins to read another page out loud but loses sound as soon as she sees what it’s about.

Being a protector is difficult. I don’t fully understand what it is, but I am prepared to explain it. We were told that as soon as you know what you are, not just the name but in actual detail, you will come into your powers. Our daughters must never know what they are, but if you are reading this right now, heed my warning:

DO NOT WORK FOR THE PROTECTORS.

Yes, you are protectors, and because you are reading this must mean you do not fully understand what that means. Once you read my words, do not be afraid. The Change will not hurt you. All super naturals go through it. Once you have prepared yourself, continue on.

Protectors are chameleons. We are the ultimate weapons to all super naturals and are extremely deadly. We can disguise ourselves as any supernatural. Our brain patterns, the pattern that your brain basically projects, tell you what you are. It takes total concentration on others heads to see what their patterns are. Werewolves have a brain pattern that looks like slanted hair. Warlocks and witches patterns are parallel wave-like lines. Vampires are parallel lines that have points on them, like a heartbeat. And shape shifters brain patterns looks like a giant mess. Human’s patterns are straight lines, and you cannot see a protector’s pattern; that is because we can change our pattern to fit what supernatural we want to be: it is always changing. You are never stuck to one pattern, and only protectors can see them. The only difference is that we have different qualities. When we are werewolves, we can choose when we want to shift. Only our emotions abide by the moon. When we are vampires, we do not have to drink blood, but we are able to digest it to follow the disguise unlike most vampires. When we are warlocks, you develop a mark the shape of a crescent moon on your left hip as your Warlock’s Mark. It is very distinct and only warlocks can see it, notifying them that you are one of them. As a shape shifter, you can change into anything. The only reason you are not classified as a shape shifter is because you can change what mythological species you are, and they cannot. It is perilous you keep this a secret. Now that you understand what you are, you will undergo the Change. Good luck.

As soon as Se Kyeong finished the words silently, everyone worriedly looking at her scrunched up face, she faints.



“Se Kyeong.”

The said girl groggily comes too in her bed as someone whispers her name repeatedly.

“Se Kyeong.”

“…”

“Se Kyeong.”

“…”

“Se Kyeong.”

“…what.”

The person audibly sighs from relief. “You’re awake.”

“Yeah. What happened?”

“You fainted.”

“Obviously. I’m also irritated. Why?”

“I don’t know.”

“Who are you?”

“You don’t recognize me?”

“No.”

“I’m your sister.”


“We found a diary.” Ravi reports to his father.

“You did? What was in it?”

“Nothing.”

“God dammit!” Calax rages.

“I’m sorry father. We checked for information, but there was nothing.”

“Well hurry. The rest of the population is getting antsy.”

“What do you mean?”

“There has been uprisings. They want you to get rid of the four girls before something bad happens.”

“Get rid of… you mean-“

“Yes. You need to kill them.”

“Father…”

“What? Have you developed feelings for the girls? That’s impossible. Report to the others and get the job done before I’m overthrown.” Calax spits.

“… yes father.”


A/N: Duh duh duh.

I started crying while writing that part about Olivier.

Yay! I warned you guys about a new character right? WELL….. HERE SHE IS!!!! She will be fully introduced next chapter :D I’m so excited :P

Awe Ravi lied to protect his friends but that completely backfired on him D,:

Uprisings?? Wow…

That description of the protectors freaking took forever xD

I felt so bad for So Min at the beginning of the chapter :(

Anyways, hope you guys liked it! Also, I hope you guys voted on the polls just before chapter 8 for the ship names! :D They will be revealed soon :)

Did that song fit the chapter? I had it on replay while I wrote it to get the feels going >< tell me if you cried or not please cos I did

Anyways, hope you liked this chapter! By my freaks!