Chapter 10 Part 1

The Royal Party

 

Chapter 10

“Get the hell out or my foot is going to be up your in less than 5 seconds.” A woman’s voice rings throughout Se Kyeong’s apartment.

Sighing, Se Kyeong curls up closer towards Ravi. “I knew she would know.”

“I can hear you.”

“What are you right now?”

“Vampire.” She hisses.

“Alright, get up and get out Ravi.” Se Kyeong slaps is and plops out of bed, trading the whining 5 year old for the shower.

“Ravi!” Ji Min’s shrills.

“Alright! I got it! Aish, you scary woman.” Ravi sits up and leans over the railing on the balcony, looking over into the living room. “Can I at least take a shower?”

“Get. Out.”

“Yes ma’am.” Fearing for his life, the vampire flashes out, taking the nearest shadow.

“You know, you don’t have to be such a to my boyfriend.” Se Kyeong drolls out, walking downstairs to eat something. “Why did you even come in anyways? Actually, how did you get in? I usually lock my door.”

“I think you forget we can do magik.” Ji Min looks at her younger sister knowingly and sighs into a seat at the table. “After last night, I guess that kind of makes sense.”

Glancing over her shoulder and noticing the solemn look, the younger furrows her brows. “What?”

“Hm?”

“What’s up? What’s going on? Why are you acting like that?”

“Oh, it’s nothing.”

“I would go to hell if it’s nothing.”

“Have fun in hell.”

Grumbling Se Kyeong turns towards the fridge to gather some food and prepare something before the rest of the group shuffles in. “I’m trying to help. At least humor me.”

“It’s a boy. Enough?”

“No, you just created even more questions than you answered. Who? When? Where? Why?”

“Remember Onew?”

“Yeah?”

“It’s him.”

“Explain.”

“I’ve fallen for him, and I don’t know if he reciprocates my feelings.”

“Two down, 2 to go. When?”

“Quite a few years back, actually. I met him while watching you guys. I was dropping off food once when he walked over and striked up a conversation and such. We became friends.”

“Did you know he was a vampire at the time?”

“No, that was about 2 years before I knew how to see a brain pattern. I learned later, and as soon as I knew, I told him what I was also. He was kind of shocked, but he kept it a secret an-“

“Well I’m pretty sure you can say that he likes you if he kept it a secret.” The cook points out while scrambling some eggs.

“But you can’t say specifically how he likes me. We’re friends, and people know, but not that I’m a protector.”

“So you’ve been ‘friends’ for…”

“14 years.”

“Jesus and nothing has ever happened between you?”

“No.”

“Well, I would start by trying some things to maybe spike up his interest. Ask him to go out with you to a club or something so he can see you all dressed up, and pay special attention to how he acts around you. Stuff like that, and if you notice anything, go a step further. Maybe go out another night as a date, and then possibly confess. It’s a long shot, but it’s definitely going to be worth it. If he likes you, you guys know each other well enough to get married and have 7 children. If not, then you can move on and find someone else before you’re too old.”

“I-I guess. Do you think it could work?”

Se Kyeong thought for a minute, and then put bacon in a pan.

“Yeah, I think you have a good chance.”

“What makes you think that?”

“Haneul and Olivier.”

“Haneul didn’t like Olivier.”

“That’s because she has Mark. The one with the reddish hair?”

“I know who Mark is.” Ji Min waves a hand in front of her face as if waving off the silly notion of not knowing who Mark was.

“Anyways, if Mark hadn’t come in, I can tell you now, for sure, that Haneul would have given Olivier a chance, and the two would be making out in the library right now.”

“I really don’t need the visuals right now.”

Just then, the door creaks open and So Min steps in, yawning. “Fooooooooood?”

“Sit down.”

With a nod, the elder girl slides into a seat next to Ji Min, while nodding a greeting to her.

“Omo, is that bacon?” Olivia sprints into the kitchen, leaving the door wide open, and a sleepy Haneul trailing behind.

“Get your hands off!” Se Kyeong slaps Olivia away and pushes her towards the table.

“Is there hotcakes also?” Haneul lifts her sleepy head off the table long enough to peer over the island into the kitchen to see the last hotcake flap out of the pan and onto a large stack on a plate.

“Someone, wake Minnie up please.” Se Kyeong references to the slumped girl as she brings in the plates of food and sets everything onto the table.


“Ok, for the first lesson, I’m going to teach you to read brain patterns.” Ji Min walks backwards, facing the girls, while heading to a secluded park.

As the 5 get closer, they notice a little café sitting on the side of the road.

“But first, I must get some coffee into my system.” Ji Min sidetracks. “Anyone want any?”


“That woman has it out for me, I swear.” Ravi sits down in their usual seat at the small café they took the girls to on one of their first dates.

“Oh god, don’t even get me started. What’s her name?” Tao scrubs his face, feeling Olivia-deprived.

“Jemin or Gemin or something like that.” Mark shrugs.

“Ji Min.” Key answers for Tao.

“She honestly scares me a little.” The panda admits, remembering the other night:

---

Key stands up and stretches before going to the front door of Se Kyeong’s apartment. Opening it, he notices a petite girl standing in front of him.

“Where’s Se Kyeong?” She asks worriedly, while wringing her hands and looking around him inside the apartment.

“Uh, who are you?” the male furrows his brows in confusion.

Looking up as if she had just noticed him for the first time, the girl squints while her eyebrow twitches a bit, and then scowls. “I’m Se Kyeong’s sister, and you need to leave.” She pushes past the warlock and into the room, wanting her sister, but getting 3 other supernaturals instead. Giving each one the same look for no longer than a second, her scowl grows. “Everyone, get out.”

“Excuse me?” Tao rises from his seat on the couch. “Who are you?”

“That really isn’t your concern. The girls are in my hands now, so you can all leave. Now.” She points to the door where Key stares at her, shocked.

Mark rolls his eyes, and flexes his hands, cracking his neck in the process. “Do you really believe that we’re just going to leave you with our girls when we have no idea who you are, and you come barging in here like a crazy person?” he raises an eyebrow.

The unknown person smirks as her eyes narrow. “I suggest you do as you’re told. I don’t like dealing with your kind, and you don’t want to find out what I can do. Now leave before my patience wears thin.”

They all stare at her shocked, before Ravi recovers the quickest. “No.”

Sighing, she fishes out her phone. “I’ll let you off easy this one time since my sister seems fond you.” The phone dials for a bit before the person on the other line picks up.

“Hello?”

“Hey. I have some difficult SN’s over at Se Kyeong’s, and I need you to come get them. They’re being a pain in my , and one of them is yours specifically.”

“Key?”

“Yeah.”

“I’ll be right over.”

Suddenly, Onew walks through the open doorway right past Key and straight to the girl in the center of the living room.

“Good to see you Ji Min. It’s been a while.” He offers a quick hug and a kiss to the cheek in greeting.

“Hyung?” Key looks at him confusedly before shutting the door and making his way to the congregation.

“Key. I hear you’re not cooperating.” The elder chastises.

“Well it was her fault-!” He begins but is silenced by the other’s hand.

“I don’t want to hear excuses. We’re leaving. All of you.”

Ji Min smiles smugly.

“I thought you didn’t like dealing with our kind.” Ravi gives her a hard look.

“It exclusively applies to you four. Now leave.” Ji Min growls.

“Time to go.” Onew flashes Key out before heading to the other three.

“Onew, you cannot take us away. How do you know she won’t harm our girls?” Tao tries to ration with him.

“Because I’ve known her for a long time, and I trust her, so you should be able to also. Let’s go.” Without another word, Onew salutes his friend before flashing the rest of them out of the room.

---

“That doesn’t surprise me.” Key nods.

Rising from his seat in defense, Tao leans across the table, reaching for the warlock: “Yah!”

“Do you really want to fight right now?” Mark stands up and pushes the werewolf back down. “We need to talk, especially about this new girl.”

“I went to see Se Kyeong last night, and she seemed fine, but I don’t really know what that girl is going to do next.” Ravi sighs, raking a hand through is already tousled hair.

“I think Onew hyung is right. If he trusts her, then what could be wrong? He’s usually not a bad judge of character.” Key looks at the rest concerned.

“Just because you know someone doesn’t mean they will show you every side to them. Everybody has secrets.” Mark leans back in his seat, studying his drink on the table. “Now, what about the other thing?”

“What thing?” the others look at him confusedly.

“You know, the whole murder thing Ravi’s dad ordered us to do.” The shape shifter takes a sip of his green tea calmly. “What are we going to say?”

“I suggest we keep a secret for right now. I don’t want them knowing and it might not even be anything worth worrying about so no point in mentioning it.” Key votes.

The rest agree, while on the other side of the café, Ji Min hisses at the oblivious four. “Those jackasses.”


“OK, so first, let me teach you how to meditate.” Ji Min shows them the position and how to clear their minds. “Seeing another’s brain pattern takes immediate concentration.”

After a couple minutes of showing them how to concentrate while keeping their mind clear of anything and everything, Ji Min nods. “You guys are naturals. It’s a good thing you went through the Change before this or you would be at it for hours before any signs of success.”

“Oh god, this is boring enough. There is no way in hell I’m going to meditate for hours.” Olivia sinks into the grass behind her, causing Ji Min to chuckle.

“Don’t worry, this next part is easy to do once you get the hang of it, but hard to explain, so bear with me. First, look at my head. What do you see?”

“Your forehead.” They answer.

“Good. Now, clear your mind and focus. Act like you’re trying to see through my head, or as if you’re taking the front part off. Now, what do you see?”

So Min gasps. “I see a bunch of parallel lines!”

“Describe them to me, but make sure you’re keeping your head clear.”

“Their… kind of foggish, as if they’re there, but not truly. I can see them, but it’s like a corner-of-the-eye trick, like if I look at them directly, they will disappear.”

Ji Min smiles largely at So Min for getting on the first try, and completely correct at that also.

“I don’t see anything!” Olivia complains just as Haneul and Se Kyeong have their “Aha!” moment.

“Ah! I see it!”

“Omo!”

“Just keep trying Olivia. You’ll see it eventually.” Ji Min smiles patiently. “Is your mind completely blank?”

Falling back into the plush grass, Olivia sighs dramatically. “I. Am. Tao deprived. How can I kick him out of my mind?”

Chuckling, Se Kyeong pulls her back up.

“Tell you what: if you finish this lesson and the next one with ease, I’ll let you go see them.” Ji Min bargains, even though her mind is already being fueled by anger at the mention of one of those disgusting royal supernaturals.

“Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!” Olivia answers immediately and, clearing her mind of anything and everything, the foggy picture of parallel lines pop up on Ji Min’s forehead.

“Omo! I see them now! Oh, what you said makes so much more sense.” She exclaims, looking at So Min who smiles proudly.

“Great! Now that you have that down, this going to be insanely easy.” Ji Min sighs.

“What is?” Haneul asks innocently.

“Learning how to change your pattern.”

 

 A/N: not my best chapter xD this is just a filler. I'm about to open a huge can of drama on you guys on the next part :D don't hate me >< I'm sorry if there's stuff you don't understand just shoot me your questions and ill answer them :) but I cannot stress enough to PLEASE COMMENT TO YOUR HEARYS CONTENT. I've had a ton of people read this and not comment when their supposed to and I've been leinient but it really needs to stop you guys knew the rules when you applied and I expect you to continue to follow them bec I can and will take your character out. It sounds difficult but its really not and I don't mind cutting a few of the main characters out seeing as there are a ton anyways. I sound like a jerk and that's because I am so please please pleaseeeee comment like your supposed to. Thanks freaks! See you next time!!