Chapter 7

The Royal Party

Chapter 7

*Narrator*

“I still can’t believe I’m sharing a bed with a vampire.” Se Kyeong whispers to herself, and then turns over to face Ravi. “How well can you hear?”

Ravi makes a face. “Well enough to know that Haneul and Mark are going at it downstairs.”

“Going at it?”

“You know, bumping uglies, wrestling, doing the humpty dump, and riding the rollercoaster-”

“How many sayings can you come up with before you finally have to say ?”

“More than you would want to know.”

“Great.”

“Did you know…” Ravi leans over and wraps his arm around Se Kyeong’s waist. “We’ve known each other for a little more than a week, and we’re already sleeping together? You move fast.” He smirks and Se Kyeong kicks him swiftly out of bed.

“Yah!” Ravi gets up, rubbing his back. “That hurt!”

“Good. It was supposed to.” Se Kyeong moves back over to her side of the bed.

“You’re so mean so me.” Ravi whimpers, and moves in closer to Se Kyeong on the bed. “But I like that. How mean can you get in bed?”

“God you’re such a . Stay away or I will put poison in your little water bottle.”

“It’s a blood bottle.”

“Eww! Don’t say that out loud! I am still trying to digest that!”

“You should try to digest other things.”

“OK, I’m leaving.” Se Kyeong gets up. “I think I’ll take my chances with the werewolf.”

“No wait! I’m sorry! I’ll stop! I promise!”

“You’re sure?”

“Yes.”

“Absolutely?”

“Yes.”

“Positive?”

“Yes.”

“… I don’t know…”

“What if I said please?”

Se Kyeong sighs. “Well because you said the magic word…” Grudgingly, she gets back into bed. “But stay away from me. If I find out in the morning that you’ve crosses this pillow barrier in between us, you’ll be sleeping in Mark’s bed.”

“Oh god, please no!”

“Don’t cross the pillow barrier then.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Ravi nods diligently, and resumes lying on his back, staring at the ceiling.

“I really like you.” He finally speaks.

“I really like me too.”

“Cocky much?”

“Just a little bit.”

“Do you like me too?”

“I don’t know.”

“But you kissed me.”

“Heat of the moment.”

“…”

“Yes, I like you.”

 “Yay.” Ravi does a small victory dance.

“Stop dancing, I’m trying to sleep.”

“OK.”

“Candied pecans are your favorite food right?”

“Yes.”

“I have some.”

“Seriously?”

“Yes.”

“You’re not pulling my tail or anything.”

“Nope.” Se Kyeong gets out of bed and walks over to her bag in the corner of the room, pulling out a small bag of candied pecans.

“Oh. My god. Gimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegim-“

“Slow down.”

“OK.”

“What do you say?”

“Please?”

“There you go!” Se Kyeong hands the bag over to Ravi, who tears it open with his teeth, and dumping half of it in his mouth before she even had time to get back into bed.

“Hohw dif yo kno aye wike vefe?” He asks.

“First of all, chew with your mouth closed. Second, you sound like an idiot. Third, you told me at the club, remember?”

“You are now my favorite person in the whole wide world. Want some?” Ravi asks, passing the bag to her.

“No thanks. I don’t want to eat sweets before bed.”

“Why not?”

“It will go straight to my thighs.”

“From what I’ve seen, you need it.”

“I don’t know whether to take that as in insult, or a compliment.”

“Take it as a compliment and go to sleep.”

“Wait, can you hear anything else?”

“Well, Mark and Haneul have stopped doing the huffle shuffle if that’s what you mean.”

“Oh my god, no. What else?”

“Um, well I think I can hear talking, but it’s too quiet to discern who it’s coming from.”

“OK.”

“Why?”

“Just wondering who’s awake at this time.”

“Oh.” Ravi puts the candies away, and lays back down again. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. They were cheap so it’s not a big deal.”

“No, I mean with everything else. Coming out here even though you guys barely know us. Helping So Min and Key. Working it out between us and not freaking out like- never mind. Well, you get the point. Thank you.”

“Of course, but what do you mean? Who freaked out? Did you tell other people?”

“…”

“Tell me? Please?”

“… Ok. Well, a few centuries ago, a member from  the Tribe told his lover what he was, and because of that, started the Genocide War, and killed just about half of our species.”

“Wait, I don’t understand… why would the lover kill the species? How?”

“Why is easy. They must have been frightened.”

“They?”

“I was getting to that. As for the how, that’s complicated…”

“Well we have time.”

“Er… OK. Well there is a species called… the Protectors.”

Se Kyeong rolls over to face Ravi, and he does the same. “the Protectors… as in the group that my parents were in?”

“… I…well…”

“It’s OK, answer that question later. What are protectors?”

“We don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

“We are studying that right now, trying to figure it out.”

“What do you know so far?”

“That being around protectors gives you this… feeling… as if you’re being enlightened. Kind of like being around an angel.”

“You’re kidding.” Se Kyeong deadpans.

Ravi shakes his head earnestly. “I’m not. I’ve experienced it first-hand.”

“With who? What’s their name? Do they have any… like superpowers or something? Where did you meet them?”

“Slow down. I can’t really tell you anything right now.”

“Why not?”

“Because… because I can’t. That’s all I can say.”

“OK, then what about my parents?”

“I don’t know. It could be a coincidence.”

“Whatever, don’t lie.”

“…I don’t know!”

“Ravi…” Se Kyeong starts to whine.

“What?” Ravi whines back.

“Please tell me?” Se Kyeong begs.

“No! And besides, I thought you wanted to sleep.” Ravi answers, agitated.

“I can’t now, so you might as well tell me.”

“I can’t! I am forbidden to! I am not a loud to say anything to you!”

“And why is that?”

“Because you are a protector!” Ravi finally explodes, sitting up. “You are a protector, and we are studying you and your friends because we know absolutely jack about you, and we’re scared. The Elders are scared. They are afraid of what you can do, and what you will do once you develop powers, or if you even develop powers! They don’t know what to do!”

Se Kyeong sits up slowly. “You’re afraid? Of me? Of the girls? So Min?”

“What? No… I never said that…”

“Yes, you did. You’re afraid because you don’t know anything about us. Wait… how do you know it’s us? Just us four? Is it because of that feeling? Does it have to do with our parents?”

“Both. We found out about your parents through someone’s mother from that feeling. It’s easy to find because no one else in the world has it. I don’t remember which one of your mothers it was but we know it was yours because they had you as children. That’s when we started monitoring you for signs, anything.”

“Can you feel… it?”

“What?”

“I don’t know… that angel feeling or whatever.”

“… Yes. It’s faint, but I can feel it.”

“Can humans feel it?”

“Kind of, but not nearly as strong as super naturals do.”

“How did you meet us? I mean, was it planned?”

“Yes. Club Royal is a supernatural club. In the past, the kingdoms never really had great ties with each other, especially after the War.”

“Why is that?”

“We never found out who started the war, therefore we had no idea which species it was, so we kind of blamed it on each other. That’s where the club comes in. It’s like a peace treaty. We all get together once a month a throw a giant party there, but before and after  that, it’s just a hang out place for humans until the next party.”

“So the invite was kind of like a notice saying ‘I’m supernatural so let me in’?”

Ravi nods, and Se Kyeong scoffs. “Unbelievable. I feel like a guinea pig. So was all of this just to watch us?”

“Well…”

“Tell me the truth! Don’t you dare goddamn lie to me.”

Ravi hangs his head, ashamed. “Yes. We were under orders to.”

Se Kyeong looks at him, hurt. “Was all of th-“

“You did not!” Key barges into the room, shirtless.

“I didn’t want to lie to her!” Ravi explains, instantly knowing what he was talking about.

“Do you understand what Calax will do us?” Mark walks in after Key in his underwear. “Ravi… it’s all over for us.”

“Not if we don’t tell him!”

Suddenly, Tao flies through the room, pulling Ravi out of the bed and pinning him to the wall. “What the hell? How could you? I understand you have feelings. We all do! But you could have just ruined it! Don’t you remember what we were told? DO NOT MAKE OURSELVES KNOWN!”

“Um… what’s going on?” So Min walks in, wearing a little nightgown, looking like an oversized porcelain doll.

“Nothing. Just go back to bed.” Tao says gruffly, looking profusely pissed.

“Yah! What’s up with all of the yelling? I was trying to sleep!” Haneul walks in also, rubbing her eyes. “What time is it anyways?”

“Uh… 3 am?” Se Kyeong answers her, a little awkward and disturbed at the information shared from Ravi, and the fact that she was only wearing a tank top and underwear. “Haneul… you should go put on more clothes…”

“I want to know what is going on first.” Haneul shoots back, obviously irritated at being woken up so early.

“Me too…” So Min nods while leaning on Key, still half asleep.

“We will talk about it in the morning.” Key says quietly to her, and leads her back to their bedroom.

Unwillingly, Tao drops Ravi to the ground with a huff, and leaves the room.

“Let’s go.” Mark wraps an arm around Haneul’s waste, and leads her away, while Ravi makes his way back to bed, disgruntled.

“Why didn’t you just push him off?” Se Kyeong asks in a dead voice.

“It was the smart thing to do. I didn’t want to piss him off even more.” Ravi sighs, and lays in bed.

“…Will you tell me something?” Se Kyeong turns toward Ravi once again.

“What is it?” He gives her a sidelook.

“Was everything fake?”

“What do you mean?”

“Your feelings? Did you mean them? Or was it all just a show?”

“Se Kyeong I-“

“The truth, please.”

“I wouldn’t lie to you about this.” Ravi says darkly. “They were never a lie. When we first met, I always kept the goal in mind, but I also wanted to get to know you.”

Se Kyeong bites her lip and turns away. “OK.”

“Se Kyeong-“

“Just go to sleep Ravi.”

“No.” Ravi gets up and flips Se Kyeong over, sitting on top of her, and leans down to kiss her slowly. “I’ve only known you for a short while, but what I know about you best is that actions mean more that words, so I’m going to show you that I have feelings for you rather than tell you.” He says gruffly, and kisses her again, harder. “Am I understood now? You believe me?”

Se Kyeong, out of breath and dizzy, answers quietly. “yes.”


 

That Morning

“Wait so we’re Protectors?” Olivia asks.

“Yup.” Tao runs his hand through his hair.

“This… this is too much. First the shape shifter thing and now this?” Olivia shakes her head and stops pacing the living room.

“You weren’t originally supposed to find out.” Mark says, livid.

“I’m done with excuses.” Ravi sighs, gripping Se Kyeong’s hand tighter.

“I’m still slightly scarred from what I saw –and heard- last night.” Se Kyeong looks at Mark and Haneul, who had the grace to blush.

“What can I say? I know what to do.” Haneul shrugs and puts her head in Marks lap while holding hands.

“Oh god Haneul you did not have with Mark!” So Min shrieks, looking scandalized.

“Don’t yell it Minnie!” Haneul sits up and holds shut with her hands.

Key’s eyes bulge. “Mark, that’s disgusting.”

Mark rolls his eyes. “Say’s the one who tried t-“

“Don’t you dare.” Key glares while pointing his finger at him.

“What? Are you going to turn me into a toad?” Mark sneers at him.

“You two, knock it off. We have more important things to do.” Se Kyeong waves their fight off. “Now, who would get you guys in trouble? Why would anyone care if we know that we are protectors? I see it as a good sign.”

“Why?” Tao screws his face up.

“Oh, I see where you are going with this.” Olivia nods. “If we know what we are, we can tell you guys if we think something is happening.”

“Oh, well that makes sense, but will that kind of explanation really work with Calax?” Key looks to Ravi for confirmation.

“Well first, you guys have to tell us who Calax is.” Se Kyeong looks at all of them.

“Remember when I was explaining the different hierarchies and I said vampires are at the top?” Ravi turns to her, and Se Kyeong nods.

“Well, he’s an Elder Vampire, making him sort of the leader of all supernaturals…”

“And?”

“Any my dad.”

“Oh…”

“Yeah, anyways, what can we tell him?” Mark wraps up.


 

“You did what?” Calax roars, picking his son up by the front of his shirt.

“Calax! Think if this as a good thing! The girls can explore themselves for their power. See if they are dangerous and whatnot. They accepted us for who we are, so that has to count for something, right?” Mark explains slowly.

“Fix this.” He spits, and drops Ravi.

“Yes, Calax.” Tao nods.

“Do you fully understand what you have done? This could start a whole new Genocide War!” Calax screams into their faces.

“Yes we understand, and it had to be done. They would have found out anyways. So Min was remembering. Se Kyeong found Ravi’s blood bottle. It was bound to happen.” Key takes a stand.

“I don’t care if it was bound to happen or not! Do something! If not, at least try to salvage the situation and find information on their species.”

“Yes, Calax.” They all nod and leave before anything worse could happen.

“Moralisa! Baldasar! Polymer!” Calax yells into the darkness.

“Yes, Calax.” They appear around him instantly.

“Keep an eye on them. I don’t want any more going on that shouldn’t be happening. Is that understood?”

“Yes Calax.” They answer, and fade away.


 

Hey guys!

Ravi is so erted xD

Wow, just imagine Tao, shirtless and pissed.

That put a really y image in my head :D

Anyways, I have already explained everything in my previous A/N chapter so I don’t really have anything more to say but keep commenting and reading! :)

By mah freaks!