Chapter 3

The Royal Party

Chapter 3

*Narrator*

“So Min. Do you remember everything I taught you?” The older woman stared down at her 8 year old daughter, who was looking up at her mother brightly.

Why would she want me to remember?

“Mm!” So Min nods once.

Will it be important?

“Good. While I’m gone, why don’t you go show your other friends how to make a cake? Their parents and I will be back as soon as possible. How does that sound?”So Min’s mother looks at her worriedly.

Why is she worried?

“Yay! Cake!” So Min jumps up and down in excitement. Her mother pulls her into a long hug, as does the other three girl’s parents.

Why are they saying goodbye?

“Remember I love you.”

I love you too.


 

“And you wanna know the funny thing about it? She left me on the night of one of the largest record thunder storms in Seoul history.” So Min says, staring at Key through half lidded eyes. “I hate thunderstorms. Rain is fine but when you add thunder and lightning, that’s… that’s too much.”  She sniffles and slams her drink down on the table.

“That’s… extremely intense.” Key stares at his drink as he digests the words uttered out of So Min’s drunk mouth.

So Min grunts. “Intense? That’s not even a good word to describe it.”

“What? You think you can do better? There aren’t a lot of adjectives to describe what you just told me.”

“You know what? I don’t even care anymore. Let’s just dance.” So Min grabs the drink from his hand, and, grabbing his hand afterwards, saunters off towards the dance floor.

Se Kyeong watches So Min stumble, in what looks like an attempt to be y, towards the dance floor with her date.

“Those two are cute together.” Ravi gives Se Kyeong a side smile. “But you want to know who is even cuter than them?”

The girl, swirling her drink, raises her eyebrow giving him the go-ahead to continue speaking.

“Us.” He answers simply.

She snorts.

“Why don’t you talk?” He inquires.

“I don’t know you.”

“OK. Well then, let’s start over.” Ravi turns toward her and smiles. “Hi. I’m Ravi. My favorite food is candied pecans. What is your name?”

Se Kyeong smiles. “Hello. My name is Se Kyeong and my favorite food is… is Reece’s Cup’s?”

“It’s very nice to meet you Se Kyeong.”

“And you too Ravi.”


 

{Play This}

“Ah! I love this song!” Olivia screams over the music to Tao as they dance together, surrounded by bodies.

“Are you having fun?” Tao yells back.

“Duh! This is great!”

“Well I’m about to make it even better.” He says, smirking. He stops dancing, and grabbing her by her hips, pulls Olivia against him and kisses her.


 

As Haneul and Mark dance together, Haneul catches sight of Olivia. “Damn, Olivia works fast!”

“So does Tao.” Mark comments darkly.

“You guys know each other?” Haneul turns around to face him.

“Of course we do but it’s a long story.” He brushes it off quickly.

Haneul smirks. “Are you jealous?”

“What? No!” Mark answers quickly.

Too quickly.

Rolling her eyes, Haneul raps her arms around Mark’s neck, efficiently pulling him down and kissing him.


 

“Ugh those two need to slow down or their going to get AIDs or herpes or something.”  So Min says darkly as she grinds on Key. Suddenly a massive headache overcomes her. “Ack! What the hell?”

“What?” Key asks, concerned.

“I just got this massive freaking headache. Let’s head somewhere a little more quiet. The music is killing me.”

Key nods and pulls her off of the dance floor and heads toward a room just off the side of the bar and shuts the door behind them, locking it at the same time.

“Better?” He asks So Min who staggers to a couch in the middle of the room and falls into it.

“Mm.” She hums.

“Do you want some water?”

“No.” She makes a face.

“Good.” Key smiles and walks toward her.

So Min opens her eyes, confused just as Key gets on top of her and pins her down to the couch.

“What the-“ So Min begins to struggle only to find that she couldn’t move anything whatsoever.

“Don’t worry. You won’t remember this later on.” Key leans down and kisses her deeply, while at the same time holding her hands above her head with one and hand and using the other one to reach up her dress slowly.

He breaks apart. “Struggling will only make is worse.” He returns to kissing, and using the magik implanted within her from her drink, pins her arms down to the couch and seal her lips as he uses both of his hands to push up her dress even further while leaving a trail of kisses down her neck.

So Min whimpers, unable to cry out due to the spell over her.

Just before Key reaches her underwear, someone barges into the room.

“What the hell? I thought I locked the d-“

“You did, but desperate times call for desperate measures, and let me tell you Key, you just broke the law.” Moralisa says to her son as she walks into the room. Hauling Key off of So Min and releasing her from the spells on her and putting a new one on, Moralisa speaks, “So Min. You will tell no one of what just happened and you will forget all of what had just happened in this room. You will gather your friends, tell them you are not feeling well, and leave.”

A dazed So Min nods and slowly, stands up and leaves the room.

“What the hell-“Key fumes.

“You are in some serious trouble.” Moralisa says dangerously. “I am so ing disappointed in you. You had one mission. One. And you ruined it! Do you understand what you just did? You put magik in her drink which is what Calax specifically forbade!”

“Relax! I had a memory spell on her anyways. She would have forgotten as soon as it happened!”

“You don’t know that! We do not know what she is, nor what she is capable of doing. You especially do not know what her powers could be! She could be immune to that kind of spell! What would have happened then hm? We can’t just replace you!” Moralisa screams at her son. “You know what? I don’t want to deal with this. We’re going to Calax with this.”

Key pales. “But M-“

“Don’t you dare call me that right now.” She says, and grabbing her son, flashes out of the room.


 

As So Min leaves the room, she shakes her head.

Wait, why was I in there? What am I supposed to do again? Oh that’s right. I need to find my friends.

Seeing Se Kyeong at the bar in front of her, she walks up to her and some guy.

“Se Kyeong.”

The girl turns her head from the entertaining man in front of her and turns. “So Min! I thought you were on the dance floor with… Key?”

Key? That’s right. The blonde guy. Where did he go?

“Uh... I don’t know where he is. Can we go home? I’m not feeling well.” So Min asks the younger.

Se Kyeong, frowns, concerned. “Sure. Give me a second. Go find the other girls and I will meet you by the entrance OK?”

So Min nods and runs off the find the other girls.


 

“Sorry. I guess I’m leaving. Maybe I’ll see you around?” Se Kyeong smiles a little at the man in front of her as she stands up.

“W-wait!” He smiles a little and stands up also. “Can I at least get your number so I can make sure that we see each other again?” He pulls out a smart phone and snaps a picture of her.

Se Kyeong laughs a little. “Sure. It’s ***.***.****.”

Ravi saves the contact and sits back down. “I’ll definitely see you again.”

“Sure.” Se Kyeong gives him one last smile and heads toward the entrance.


 

So Min gathers the rest of the girls after letting them exchange numbers, and the four of them leave the club.

“OK, we definitely need to head there again.” Haneul exclaims at the walk down the street to find a cab.

“Tao is an amazing kisser.” Olivia sighs. “Why did you have to pull me away from him?” She pleads to So Min.

“Sorry. I’m just not feeling well.” She looks down at her feet.

“I still don’t understand how you handled dancing. That was a huge crowd.” Olivia says, turning to Haneul.

“Me too.”  Se Kyeong says quietly.

“I honestly have no idea, but I handled it very well.” Haneul congratulates herself on overcoming her fear of crowds. “Oh my gosh! I totally forgot!” Haneul stops at stares at her feet.

The rest of the girls stop in front of her. “What?” They all ask.

“I forgot about Olivier.”

Just as they get home they rush into Olivier’s apartment:

SLA_library.jpg

“Olivier!” Haneul screams as she runs into the kitchen. “Olivier!”

Olivier comes out of his bedroom opposite of the kitchen in pjs.  “Ahh there’s my best friend!” He envelopes her into a hug and she hugs him back twice as hard.

“I was so worried about you!” She says into his shoulder.

He snorts and pushes her away. “Worried? About me? I’m a waiter Hana. You guys were the ones who were gone for the last 5 hours.” He heads into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.

The girls check their phones and gawk. “It’s been 5 hours?! What were we doing the whole time?” Olivia says loudly.

“I have no idea, but I am so exhausted I’m just gonna go to bed.” So Min says, yawning, and leaving the room.

“Me too.” Olivia says following after.

Se Kyeong nods at Olivier and leaves also, leaving Haneul and the boy alone.

Haneul sags against the cool counter and Olivier sits next to her. “I’m sorry I forgot about you today. It’s been kind of hectic.”

“I’m sure. It’s alright either way. It’s not like I was home.”

“Really?” Haneul sits up. “Where were you?”

“Work. I had to do a double shift today because someone decided to skip out.”

“Oh that .”

“It’s alright. Double the pay.”

Haneul hums in agreement and then gets up. “I’m going to go to bed.” The two walk to the door and Olivier kisses her forehead then ruffles her hair.

“Get some sleep OK? I’ll see you tomorrow.” He smiles at her one last time before shutting the door.

Haneul walks to her apartment upstairs and falls into her bed, falling asleep instantly.


 

 

A/N: Hey guys! Third chapter! Yayyy :P hope you guys liked it. It was really hard to stop writing this chapter it just kept going on and on and on lol but anyways, you guys met Olivier! He is Haneul’s best friend that lives with them and he looks like this:

Pretty freaking cute huh?

Anyways, nothing will probably happen to them throughout the story he will most likely be an in and out character.

Also,

I AM SO SORRY FOR MAKING KEY DO SUCH BAD THINGS.

IT JUST HAPPENED AND I LIKED WHERE IT WAS GOING.

I’M SORRY.

VERY SORRY.

DON’T HATE ME.

Ehem.

Anyways, keep commenting please? I have like a ton of silent readers (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) and may I remind you that if you created a character you have to comment at least every couple of chapters?  It helps fuel my creativity (so does my schedule but lets not talk about that right now).

See you next chapter ok? Upvote or something! Byeeeee mah freaks :D

 

Page count: 7    Word Count: 1,957