Chapter 4

The Royal Party

{Please read the authors note at the end}

Chapter 4

*Narrator*                                        

 

“What the hell did you do?” Calax roars .

Key smirks in a confident way that he did not feel inside at all. “I was… just getting to know her species better,” he smiles, “like you asked.”

Calax back-hands him and Key falls to the floor in shock. “You know I did not mean it in such a way, especially so soon!” Calax hauls Key to his feet but the front of his shirt.  “You knew there would be consequences. Why would you do something that could jeopardize everything we had planned?”

“I was bored?” Key asks uncertainly.

“Wrong answer.” Calax growls, and throws him aside. “Moralisa!” He yells into the darkness.

“Yes, Calax.” Moralisa appears from the shadows.

“How did you fix the situation last night?”

‘I-well, the memory spell Key had her under was weak and certain to break regardless of her kind or not. I replaced it with the strongest one I know, but then again, we don’t know anything about them so even this one could wear off.” The witch fidgets with her hands.

Calax, who had been pacing, stops and turns to her. “I see. Thank you for taking care of the situation.”

Moralisa bows. “Yes, Calax.”

“Baldasar, Polymer. Come to me.”

“Yes, Calax.” The two men answer behind him.

“Bring me your sons that went out last night. Quickly.”

The three men leave and come back with Ravi, Tao and Mark.

“My boys. Out of the four of you, did any of you manage to get a number?”

“I did.” Ravi answers quietly. “I got Se Kyeong’s.”

“Good. Set up a date with her and her friends with you four. Understood?”

“Yes, father.” Ravi nods and fades back into the darkness.

“The rest of you, prepare. And Key.”

“Yes, Calax.”

“Do NOT break anymore rules. And do not speak of what happened just in case she doesn’t remember. Pay attention to how she acts. Don’t let anything slip past you.” Calax turns to all of them. “Don’t do anything stupid. Don’t push them. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, Calax.” The three remaining boys answer.

“Father.” Ravi slides back into view from the lingering shadows around them. “It’s done. We are going out for coffee in a few hours.”

Calax grunts. “That’s fine, but if you’re thirsty, don’t go for them got it?”

“Yes, father.”


 

“Ugh those two need to slow down or their going to get AIDs or herpes or something.”  So Min says darkly as she grinds on Key. Suddenly a massive headache overcomes her. “Ack! What the hell?”

“What?” Key asks, concerned.

“I just got this massive freaking headache. Let’s head somewhere a little more quiet. The music is killing me.”

Key nods and pulls her off of the dance floor and heads toward a room just off the side of the bar and shuts the door behind them, locking it at the same time.

“Better?” He asks So Min who staggers to a couch in the middle of the room and falls into it.

“Mm.” She hums.

“Do you want some water?”

“No.” She makes a face.

“Good.” Key smiles and walks toward her.

So Min opens her eyes, confused just as Key gets on top of her and pins her down to the couch.

“What the-“ So Min begins to struggle only to find that she couldn’t move anything whatsoever.

“Don’t worry. You won’t remember this later on.” Key leans down and kisses her deeply, while at the same time holding her hands above her head with one and hand and using the other one to reach up her dress slowly.

He breaks apart. “Struggling will only make is worse.” He returns to kissing, and using the magik implanted within her from her drink, pins her arms down to the couch and seal her lips as he uses both of his hands to push up her dress even further while leaving a trail of kisses down her neck.

So Min whimpers, unable to cry out due to the spell over her.

Just before Key reaches her underwear, someone barges into the room.

“What the hell? I thought I locked the d-“

“You did, but desperate times call for desperate measures, and let me tell you Key, you just broke the law.” Moralisa says to her son as she walks into the room. Hauling Key off of So Min and releasing her from the spells on her and putting a new one on, Moralisa speaks, “So Min. You will tell no one of what just happened and you will forget all of what had just happened in this room. You will gather your friends, tell them you are not feeling well, and leave.”

A dazed So Min nods and slowly, stands up and leaves the room.

----

Sitting up quickly, So Min scans her room, breathing deeply from fear. “What the hell was that?” She whispers to herself. Getting out of bed, she leaves her apartment and heads to Se Kyeong’s room.

Knocking on the door timidly, So Min loses herself in her thoughts.

Was that a dream? It felt like a memory, but then again I don’t really know what memories feel like.

“Minnie? What are you doing here? It’s 2 in the morning.” Se Kyeong rubs her eyes and leans against the doorframe, falling asleep for a second before returning to the situation.

“Uh… well I was wondering if I could stay with you for the rest of the night?” She wrings her hands and looks at the leader of their little group with hope. “I kind of… had a nightmare.”

“Oh… um… well OK?” Se Kyeong opens the door a little wider and So Min rushes in, barreling into  Se Kyeong with a bear hug.

“Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.” She says a million miles an hour.

“So Min, calm down. Let’s just go back to sleep OK?”

So Min nods earnestly, and Se Kyeong chuckles as they walk back to her bedroom. “Aigoo~ you’re such a child sometimes.”


Bzzz

Help! I’m stuck in your pocket!

Bzzz

Help! I’m stuck in your pocket!

Bzzz

Help! I’m stuck in you-

“Shut. Up.” Se Kyeong growls as she picks up her phone to shut it off.

At least, until she saw that she had a call coming in.

From Ravi.

Scrambling from bed, she hurriedly answers her phone. “Hello?”

“Se Kyeong-ssi?”

“Yep, that’s me haha…”

“Good,” Ravi smiles. “Listen… do you want to go out today? Maybe grab some coffee or something?”

“Yes! I mean, sure, sure, I would love to do that.” Se Kyeong curses herself mentally.

Ravi chuckles. “Also, bring your friends along. I have a few of my own coming and I don’t want to ditch them.”

“Oh… um OK! Yeah. Where do you want to meet?”

“In Busan, there is a café called Café Agami It’s near Busan National University. Let’s meet there around… how’s 10?”

Se Kyeong looks at the clock: 7:19 A.M.

“10 is perfect.”


Café Agami resembles a doll house with tables painted yellow and burnt orange. The owner has scattered scraps of colored paper around the room, inviting the guests to tape their notes to the walls. There is also a resident cat named Yamii who seems all too happy to jump onto the customers tables.

Se Kyeong checks the directions that Ravi had sent to her:

From PNU Subway Station, go out Exit 3. Walk right. Take a left on the first block you come to (there will be a convenient store called "C Space" on the corner). Cafe Agami will be on the right side of the street, directly across from New Balance. There's a picture of a cat in a cup and a sign over the door. If you reach the Art Box, you've gone too far.

“Great! We made it!” She claps her hands together.

 “It’s too sunny for morning.”  Haneul says darkly, shielding herself away in the shadows of the building. “Why did you wake me up anyways? You know I don’t like coffee Se Kyeong.” She sighs, depressed.

“Relax Hana.” Se Kyeong swings an arm around her grumpy friend. “Besides, they have bubble tea!”

Haneul perks up. “Bubble tea?”

“Mhm.” Se Kyeong nods with a knowing look and a smile on her face. “Better right?”

“Haneul, pretending to be sad and depressed again, shrugs. “It’s alright.”

“Yah. Be happy, I know you’re faking it anyways.” She opens the door and a little bell rings on top.

The first thing she sees it a cat.

“Awe! How adorable! You must be Yamii.” So Min bends down to pet the cat, but instead of being loved on, he runs down a long stair case and through another doorway. So Min sits back on her heels, confused. “I thought he liked peo-“

“Oh look there he is!” Haneul says, pointing towards the door at the bottom of the stairs, where Yamii was rubbing up against the doorframe. “Come here kitty!” She pats on her leg to call the cat, who runs through the door again, and sighs, giving up. “Let’s just go down there.”

The four girls walk through the door and are greeting by the coziest looking café ever seen and the most heavenly smell to have ever been noticed.

“Oh. My god.” Haneul whispers.

“This place is really adorable,” Olivia comments as she looks around the café, “but the tables are kind of repungent.”

“Ollie! Be nice!” So Min reprimands.

A sharp whistle pierces the air and the girls look to their left to see a large table seating four guys.

“Is that…” Se Kyeong squints her eyes at the person waving towards them. “Ah! It is! But what is he doing with the other three?”

“Oh that’s right! Mark said that he knew Tao and that it was kind of a long story, but what about the other two?” Haneul asks.

“Well, Tao came with Ravi so that would explain them. But what about Key?” Se Kyeong wonders.

So Min shutters at the name. After the dream she had last night, she wasn’t sure she would be able to sit through this “date”.

The four girls make it to the table and take a seat across from their partners from the previous night.

“Hey.” Ravi greets Se Kyeong.

“Hello.” She smiles warmly back.


Hey guys! Fourth chapter! This one is kind of a filler.

SORRY.

I’m going to try and clear up a little bit of uncertainty about the four girls’ past with their parents’ next chapter. But I needed to get them this far, and if I let it go on any further, it would have been like 12 pages rather than the 7 I have now. Anyways, I have some important questions for you guys (especially the ones who created characters for this story but I still want other’s inputs as well).

  1. Would you guys like if I put a little twist in the Olivier and Haneul?
  2. Do you want the girls knowing of a thing called the protectors? (Kind of like se Kyeong would say she knew about her parents being a part of a secret “club” and called themselves protectors but she thought it was a stupid grown up game or something).
  3. Do you really care about what they wear and where they go? (do you still want me to post pictures of everything?)

Also, one more thing, THE GIRLS CANNOT BE CONTROLLED BY SPELLS FROM A WARLOCK (male) OR WITCH (female). They can be affected, but it won’t last long maybe a few hours to a few days but that is it. If I break this rule in any chapter, PLEASE TELL ME SO I CAN FIX IT.

Thank you. That is all. Byee mah freaks!

P.S. For those of you that are curious, this is the café.