Chapter 5

The Royal Party

Chapter 5

A/N: the girls’ and guys’ outfits.

Haneul

Olivia

So Min

Se Kyeong

So It's pretty much safe to say they had everyones attention in the cafe :)

Ravi

Key

Mark

Tao

(OK obviously its not him this is just what he was wearing)

Here is how the seating is at the table:

Tao                                        Key                                                        Mark                                                     Ravi


Olivia                                    So Min                                                 Haneul                                                 Se Kyeong

 

time for the chapter!!!! :D

 

 

*Narrator*

“Good morning! My name is Ah Kum, and I will be your waitress this morning.” A pretty girl with long brown hair attends to the girls’ and boys’ table.

tumblr_lx5b3yEbWM1qcrgtso1_500.png

It was nice for the girls to see how the guys did not spare a second glance.

And that is basically pissed off their waitress very much.

“If you would like, I can take your orders now.” She gives them a fake smile that said, hurry up because I have better things to do than wait on you losers.

“I got this.” Ravi says, winking towards me. “We will all have 8 parfaits, 4 brownies and 4 ice cream waffles.”

“Yah!” Haneul whispers fiercely to Se Kyeong. “You told me there was bubble tea here.”

Se Kyeong smiles evilly. “Oh… about that…. I lied.”

Haneul gasps and backs away, hurt. “You traitor. I thought I taught you better.”

Se Kyeong giggles. “Sorry Hana, but an old dog cannot be taught new tricks.”

Haneul grumbles something about honesty and trust - and Se Kyeong swears she heard something about a fire breathing dragon – and bangs her head down onto the table.

Mark chuckles. “I did not get a morning person did I?”

So Min puts her hand on top of his and gives him a sympathetic look. “I feel so sorry for you.”

Pretty soon the parfaits and brownies arrive and everyone begins their own conversations.

“So, did you ever find out what happened to your parents after that night?” Key stares at the girl across from him.

So Min looks up from her brownie, confused. “When did I tell you-“

“Last night. At the bar. You were pretty drunk, I’m not exactly surprised you don’t remem-“

So Min snaps her fingers. “Ah-ha! I remember that! Yeah, no we never found out what happened.” So Min hesitates on the next part. “The building that the girls and I live in used to be an apartment building, and our parents had rented it out. We found out later on that our parents bought the place just before they left, and left it to us.”

By now, So Min had the whole table’s attention.

“Anyways, after they said good-bye, they never came back.” So Min finishes quietly.

“Lucky for us, our Minnie was taught how to cook before her mom left so we weren’t completely out of options.” Olivia smiles at the person sitting next to her.

“Were you guys put into the system?” Tao asks.

“No. No one ever found out. Our parents’ home schooled all of us since we were little up until we were around the ages of- well Olivia and I were 8, Haneul was 7 and So Min was 10. We had the educations of basically 12 year olds at the time so we were pretty set for another 2 years when So Min decided that we had to go back to school so we went, and I posed as the parent. We eventually graduated without anyone figuring what was going on.” Se Kyeong explained.

“What about bills and food?” Mark demanded.

“Every two weeks, someone dropped a few bags of food off at our door. We never found out who it was even when we would do a stake out.” Haneul smiles at the memory. “For bills, we never really had any. We found a huge stash of cash in Olivia’s parent’s closet so that helped with things like toiletries. Our building had a solar power thingy attached to the roof so that covered electricity. We had a heater installed that basically took heat from the center of the Earth, which was a one-time payment. What else are we missing?” Haneul answers for him.

“Building payments? Plumbing?” Ravi gives.

“Oh! Right, well, like So Min said, our parents bought the building in advance I guess, and covered it all. And the plumbing we did have to pay for; there was no getting around that.”

“How much was found in the closet?” Key leans forward.

The girls smile at each other. “Over $20,000 dollars. And that’s not including all of the money we found in other hiding places,” Se Kyeong answers.

The guys gawk at them. “How much was the heater?”

“Around $5,000.”

“Jesus. Never the less, I am impressed with how you guys supported each other.” Ravi smiles at them.

“Thank you.” They reply, and once again, everyone returns to their own conversations.

So Min squirms uneasily in her seat. “Se Kyeong, can I talk to you?” She whispers.

“Sure, hold on.” The two girls excuse themselves from the table and head to the women’s room.

“What’s up?” Se Kyeong asks the squeamish girl.

So Min clears and begins to explain the nightmare she had that previous night.

“And then he told me, ‘struggling will only make it worse.’ And then this woman walked in and Key was pissed and guess what? She took those magic spells off of me and I think put another one on because after she did, she told me this: ‘So Min. You will tell no one of what just happened and you will forget all of what had just happened in this room. You will gather your friends, tell them you are not feeling well, and leave.’ And I did exactly what she said; only I woke up just as I had left the room. Isn’t that extremely weird? Like she told me what to do in the dream, and I did just that in real life at the club!”

“That… is one hell of a dream.” Se Kyeong sighs. “And extremely peculiar.”

“And the worst part is it didn’t feel like a dream… It felt like a memory. Like it actually happened and I am so freaking scared to be around Key right now I want to cry. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. Because what if what I saw really was a memory? What if that crazy woman actually took my memory of that night away? I remember going into that room, and then I remember coming out of it and not remembering what happened inside of it, and that is when I lost Key. Doesn’t that make just a little too much sense?” So Min stops pacing the bathroom and stares at Se Kyeong who was watching her friend with worried eyes.

“So Min. You need to listen to me.” Se Kyeong grabs So Min’s shoulders and faces her. “You need to calm down or you’re going to give yourself a heart attack. Do you understand?”

So Min nods.

“There is no way that dream can be true. Magic does not exist. Am I clear?”

So Min nods and relaxes a little at the small confirmation.

“You were seriously drunk last night, and I think your head was imagining the worse off of that. That is what makes the most sense, right?”

So Min smiles a little and nods. “Yeah. Yeah, you’re probably right.”

“Not probably, I am. There is no way Key can do magic. Now, we are going to go back out there, and we are going to have a ton of fun with these guys because they are super hot and they seem super cool and I really really really want to get to know them.” Se Kyeong grabs her best friend’s hand and leads her out of the bathroom.

“I still don’t understand why we told them basically our life story.” So Min comments.

“You know what? Me neither. But for some reason, I feel like we can trust them.” Se Kyeong smiles.

“I agree.” The girls make it back to the table just in time for the ice cream waffles to arrive.

“So do you remember your parents well?” Ravi asks just before he shovels a fork full of ice cream into his mouth.

“Oh, not really. I mean we have pictures but the only thing I really remember is that they were part of like a really weird club that was just between themselves.” Se Kyeong shrugs it off and eats a bite of the waffle.

“Really? What was is called?”

“The called themselves the protectors or whatever. I figured it was just a little grown-up game or something between themselves at the time. Just before they left actually, I heard my dad saying something to my mother about it being their fight and that is why they needed to leave, as if my mom didn’t want to go or something but I left it alone. I never really understood what they meant and I still don’t know, but I guess it doesn’t really matter.” Se Kyeong shrugs once again and continues to eat her food.

You have no idea, but this matter is more important than my life. Ravi studies the women in front of him as he sits there quietly, his appetite lost.


“Father! Father!” Ravi called out into the darkness.

“What is it Ravi?” Calax appears behind him.

“I have information. Apparently, the girls’ parents abandoned all 4 of them when they were children. They were also part of a secret group who called themselves protectors.” Ravi speaks quickly.

Calax smiles and claps his son on the shoulder. “That’s my boy. I’m proud of you. Is there anything else?”

“Yes. Se Kyeong said that before they left, they discussed something of a war that they had to fight themselves, and afterwards, never returned.”

“That is interesting indeed. I will think on that and find out what I can. Thank you. You boys have done well today.” He gives Ravi one last smile before he disappears.


One Week Later

“Yah, Olive answer your phone! Pick up pick up pick up pick up pick up pick up pick u-“

Olivia groans as she listens to Tao’s voice mail. “This boy never shuts up.” She growls. After last week at the café, Tao had managed to snatch her phone without her looking and gather her contact information and replace it just as she noticed that it was gone.

She rings his number only to get his voice mail also. “Oh so this is karma huh?” She hangs up and dials again.

Tao answers. “Sorry I didn’t answer! I was in the shower and heard it just as I got out but it was too late.”

“Hmph.”  Olivia snorts.

“Probably karma for ignoring the last 14 calls, 7 texts and 3 voicemails.”

She could hear Tao smirking on the other end of the line.

“Shut it panda. What do you want?”

“The guys and I are doing a getaway for the weekend at one of our beach houses, and we are officially inviting you. I like our little group dates.”

“Dates? Who said anything about dates? For all you know, we could just be calling it get-togethers.”

“Righttt.” He drawls out. “Anyways, ask your friends OK? Got to go! Bye!” Tao hangs up.

“Grr. You little monster.” Olivia glares at her phone before getting out of bed to notify the rest of the girls of their impending group “date” the next day.


“Hey!” Haneul flops on top of her best friend who was still in bed for the majority of the morning.

“Umph!” Olivier gasps at the unexpected weight landing on top of him. “What the hell? I feel like I just got trampled by a stampede of elephants!”

“Shut up.” Haneul slaps the top part of his head that was not covered by the comforter.

Olivier chuckles. “I was kidding. You weigh more like a T-Rex. Now, get off of me.” He puts his feet right against her back, and with one hard shove, Haneul lands on the floor with a large thump.

“Yah! Screw you Olivier!” Haneul pouts on the floor.

“Ah come on, you know I’m just playing with you.” Haneul’s attacker appears out from under his covers with a charming smile on is face. He opens the blankets and scoots over, making room on the full sized bed, patting the spot next to him. “Hop in.”

Haneul smiles and jumps in next to him, wrapping her arms around his waist and pulling each other close. She rests her head on his chest and smiles. “Your heart is beating really fast.”

“It’s really hot and the addition of you is not helping.”

“Awe! Olivier! I already know I’m y, but you don’t need to point it out.” Haneul snuggles into him, and Olivier smacks the top of her head, causing Haneul to cower away from him.

“Idiot. You know I didn’t mean it that way.”

“Yet your face is turning more and more red as we speak.” Haneul pokes his face, and Olivier turns away.

“It’s because what you said was embarrassing.”

Haneul wraps her arms around his waist again and puts her head against his back. “Whatever.”

Olivier turns around and wraps an arm around Haneul and kisses her head. “You’re such a freak.”

“But you love me.”

“That is true. I cannot live without my freak.”

“And the freak cannot live without her best friend.”

Olivier sighs.

“What?” Haneul looks up at him.

“Nothing.” He smiles down at her.

“So how as work been lately?”

“Tiring. Remember that guy that skipped out last week? Well he quit, and guess who is having to pick up his shifts while the shop is finding a replacement?”

“Santa Clause.”

“You aren’t funny.”

“Yes I am, you just don’t want to admit it.”

“Believe what you want to believe. So how’s the new boyfriend?”

“B-boyfriend?” Haneul stutters.

“Yeah. The one you’ve been seeing lately.”

“First of all, we have only been on one date, and it was a group one too. Second of all, it is too early to start dating.”

“Whatever you say.”

“Believe what you want to believe.” Haneul mocks him.

Olivier laughs. “Touché.”

“Thank you.” Haneul smiles proudly.

“Ah! I knew I would find you here!” Olivia bursts in the bedroom, the covers her eyes at the sight and turns around. “Oh… sorry… Olivier you really need to start locking your door.”

“Idiot. It is locked. And we aren’t doing what you think we’re doing.” Olivier raises himself onto an elbow and whips the blanket off. “See? Clothes are on.”

Olivia turns back around and hauls Haneul off the bed. “Sorry, but either way, I need to borrow your girl for the next two days.”

“Why?” Haneul whines.

“Because we have an invitation for a weekend getaway with the guys, and we need to go buy bathing suits. All of the ones we have are old and outdated.”

“You guys got them like 4 months ago.”Olivier shakes his head.

“Exactly! We could have grown a size or something in 4 months! It’s not that hard!” Olivia explains.

“Technically, it’s bra size.” Haneul corrects.

“Shut up Haneul.” Olivia says.

“Okay.” Haneul nods her head once, and the girls leave the apartment and a confused Olivier behind.


Hey guys!

First,

I tried to do fluffy,

And I think I failed.

You tell me.

Anyways, I didn’t really get a lot of responses on questions 1 and 3 from the previous chapter so I just went with a yes on both of them.

Also, let me please remind you that if you created a character for this story:

YOU NEED TO COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you guys are really good about it, even the people who don’t have a character on it, but it was also in the rules that the creators of the characters HAVE TO COMMENT for me to make sure that you are still reading. If not, I will take your character out of the story.

I’m not kidding.

Anyways, I might be adding a new character to the story! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Be excited!

And also, I hope this chapter helped clear up the past of the girls. I was thinking of doing to same for the boys but there isn’t really a past to dive into. They’ve been their specific species their entire life and that’s pretty much it. I can’t go into detail until the girls find out what they really are.

Notice I said until not maybe. >:D

This is a really long A/N. Sorry guys. I’m hoping for a double update today! Cheer for me! J

I hope you guys like the story so far.

I NEED FEEDBACK TELL ME WHAT I’M DOING RIGHT AND WRONG PLEASE SO I CAN FIX THE STORY.

Thanks! That’s all for right now :P See you guys next chapter! By mah freaks!

 

P.S. This chapter is over 14 pages long and has over 2,800 words in Microsoft Word. longest. chapter. ever.

I also just updated this and I was wondering, why isnt anyone commenting? And then I realized that I still had it set on "Hide Chapter" xD