Chapter 6 Part 2

The Royal Party

Chapter 6 Part 2

*Narrator*

“OK, I need to tell you a little story, but let’s go somewhere else so everyone is not worried about our whereabouts.” Ravi leaves the bathroom hurriedly and announces that he and Se Kyeong were going on a walk.

“Oh… uh… OK? I just asked what was in that bottle.” Se Kyeong says from behind.

Key’s head snaps up and scrutinizes Ravi. “You brought that here?”

Ravi frowns. “I had to. We were going to spend three days here.”

Scrubbing his face with his hand, Mark sighs. “That’s probably over now.”

“Wait what?”

“What’s going on?”

“What are you guys talking about?” The four girls questioned.

“Tao looks at everyone then address Ravi. “Should we tell them?.”

“I suppose we have no choice. I wonder what father is going to say about this.” Ravi begins to pace the length of the dining room.

“Your father? What does he have to do with this?” So Min asks.

“That’s not important right now.” Key comments softly, and goes to Ravi. Whispering, he voices his concerns. “What if something goes wrong like last time? I’m not too sure Calax would be happy that we told them also.”

“But if he heard the circumstances, he would.”

“If he heard the circumstances, he would suggest you make up a story.” Key grounds out.

“And what would I do then if Se Kyeong got even more curious and decided to take a drink, hm?” Ravi his head to the side.

Key sighs in defeat. “Fine. But how do we tell them? How do we know they haven’t had powers the whole time and manage to hit us with them or torture us into telling them where we live?”

“Dude you are seriously paranoid. Would So Min ever do that to you?”

“Well it’s going to really hurt her when she really does find out the truth because I’m sure she remembers the club, so maybe.” Ravi slaps Key upside the head.

“Get over yourself dude.” Then, facing everyone at the table, he says, “let’s go outside. It will help.”

The girls grudgingly obliged, “extremely annoyed at the fact that no one was telling them anything, especially Se Kyeong.

“Yah! Ravi.” She catches up to him at the front of the group. “Why can’t you just tell me what’s in the bottle?”

“You really want to know?” He sighs and looks at her from the side.

“Yes.”

“Blood.”

“… excuse me?”

Ignoring her, he moves on and sits on the block fountain on the side of the pool, with the boys next to him on either sides, whilst the girls sat on the porch in front of them.

“OK, are you guys sure you can handle this?” Mark asks them, complete seriousness changing his face.

The girls nod slowly.

“Let me ask you this. Do you believe in things such as Vampires? Or werewolves, shape shifters, and warlocks?”

“Excuse me?” Olivia gives them an incredulous look.

Haneul screws up her face.“That’s absurd.”

“Oh my god.” Se Kyeong covers and turns her face to Ravi, who was looking down.

So Min stays quiet.

“Minnie?” Key calls out to her uncertainly.

“My parents told me that if I ever met one, to run, and run as fast as I could. I thought they were kidding…” she looks up at them. “But I guess not.”

“They told you to run?” Key looks at her worriedly.

“Don’t worry!” She rushes out. “I wouldn’t do that to you guys.”

Key visibly releases a breath.

“They’re real.” Tao says bluntly.

Olivia starts laughing. “You’re freaking nuts.”

“If that’s true, then what are you?” Se Kyeong whispers to Ravi.

“I think you know what I am.” Ravi says brokenly.

“And Mark?”

“Shape shifter.” Mark looks around nervously.

“Prove it.” Haneul says to him.

He looks at the other boys next to him, and Key nods. “It’s OK.” With that, Mark walks into the house.

“Wait, why did he leave?” Haneul looks to Tao.

“When he shape shifts, it tears his clothes, and I’m pretty sure you guys don’t want to see him just yet.”

“Oh…” Suddenly, a silver wolf walks out of the house, slowly.

The girls start to scramble away from him, all except Haneul.

“Is that… is that really you?” She scrawls up to the wolf and sticks her hand out to him slowly, holding her breath, only releasing it when the wolf rubs it’s head against her hand.

“It is you, my god.” She hugs the wolf as it cuddles into her.

“1 down, 3 to go.” Key whispers.

“What about you Tao?” Olivia asks him worriedly.

“Werewolf.” He looks at her uncertainly, and she nods.

“That would explain the whole water thing.”

Tao begins to blush.

“Wait, if Mark can shape shift into a wolf doesn’t that make him a werewolf also?” So Min asks

“A shape shifter can turn into almost everything, so no he is not a werewolf. Plus, actual werewolves are much bigger and much more dangerous than a real wolf.” Tao crosses his arms, trying to make his muscles bulge, and Olivia chuckles.

“In such a serious matter, you’re sill such a pabo.” She stares at him, and he smiles cheekily.

“And you Key?” So Min walks over to him, already knowing the answer, but dreading it.

“…warlock.” He whispers.

A large smack sounds in the air, drawing everyone’s’ attention.

“How dare you?” So Min whispers back, and then walks away, tears in her eyes while Key stared at the pool, stunned.

“So Min! Minnie!” Se Kyeong begins to run after her, but Ravi grabs a hold of her arm.

“Se Kyeong, we need to talk…”

“Ravi, let go of me before I lose all what shred of sanity I have left and drown you in the pool.” She says dangerously. “We will talk later.”


“So Min.” Se Kyeong sighs when she finally finds the girl out on the balcony of the master bedroom.

“Minmin?” She whispers while sitting next to the girl.

So Min sniffles an answer. “I can’t believe he tried to pull that on me!”

Se Kyeong, surprised at the usually happy and awkward girl’s language, had a loss of answers. Instead, she wraps her arms around the girl in an attempt to comfort her.

“Min, you know what I think you need?”

“What?”

“Hot chocolate. You know you love chocolate.” Se Kyeong smiles at the girl next to her.

“Is it downstairs?” So Min looks up at her.

Se Kyeong nods.

“Can I just wait here? I don’t want to face everyone right now, especially like this.”

“Sure, sweetheart. I’ll be as quick as possible.”

Se Kyeong makes her way downstairs and into the kitchen, noticing that everyone was back inside and chattering on the couches.

“Is she OK?” Key comes into the kitchen.

“You tried to her. She is most definitely not OK.” Se Kyeong says angrily.

Key hangs his head ashamed. “You have no idea how terrible I feel about that.”

“Good, you should.” Se Kyeong resumes her task, but just her luck, could not find what she was looking for. “Do you guys have any mugs? Particularly in the colors of teal and orange?” She asks Key.

Key goes to one of the cabinets and pulls out to large white cups, then waving his finger in front of them, the mugs change colors before Se Kyeong’s eyes.

“It’s the least I can do right now. Can I talk to her? I want to apologize.” Key asks Se Kyeong.

“I thank you for the mugs, but Min doesn’t want to talk to anyone right now.” Se Kyeong answers, and begins to make the hot chocolate.

“I understand.” Key bobs his head once and leaves the kitchen.

Soon, Se Kyeong brings the hot chocolate up to So Min.

“Here.” She hands her the teal mug. “Key made this for you since they didn’t have any teal mugs.”

“How?”

“Magic.”

“Oh.” She says, and sets the mug down next to her.

“He wants to talk to you.” Se Kyeong looks at her.

“Well that . You need to talk to Ravi.”

“Well that .” Se Kyeong mimicks. “How about this? You talk to Key without storming off or killing him, and I will do the same with Ravi, and afterwards we meet up again and discuss what we think. Sound like a plan?”

So Min grumbles something.

“What was that? I couldn’t hear you.” Se Kyeong sang.

“Fine!”

“Uh-uh. Promise me.” Se Kyeong smiles a little as she watches So Min attach their pinkies together and touch thumbs.

With that, Se Kyeong makes her way downstairs to find Key sulking in a chair alone with a beer.

“First of all, are you of age to be drinking?” Se Kyeong crosses her arms.

Key scowls. “I’m 23. I think I’m aloud to.”

“Just making sure. Wait, when did you bring beer here?”

“It’s always been here.”

“Got it. Anyways, Minnie wants to talk to you on the balcony.”

Key pops out of his seat and begins to make his way to the stairs but Se Kyeong stops him.

“If you pull anything, I will make sure to tie you up like a hog, chop your balls off and throw you in the pool. Am I understood.”

Nodding, Key slowly pulls her hand off of his arm and makes his way upstairs.

Heading over to Ravi who looked like he hadn’t slept in 3 days, she says, “Ravi. Let’s go.”

You leave him to follow out into the backyard.

“Se Kyeong, I-“

“Don’t.” Se Kyeong holds up a hand, effectively silencing him. “I want to know, how many of you are there?”

“I don’t know. A lot I guess?”

“Explain.”

“Well, there are 4 tiers of hierarchy. The first one is the Elders. They are the oldest generation of each kingdom. Next are the Royals. They are pure bloods whose parents’ are of the same kind, and are the only ones able to turn people, and are also the only ones able to move on to be an elder. After that are the Nobles. They are also pure bloods, but they are unable to turn people. And lastly, there is the Tribe. That is all of the turned.”

“There are 4… kingdoms right?”

“Yes. The first and most important is VIXX, which is my kingdom. We are vampires. After that, the other groups are equal. There is EXO, who are werewolves, SHINEE, who is warlocks/witches, anyone with a magik ability.”

“Magic?”

“No, Magik with a ‘k’.”

“That’s weird.”

“And after that, there is GOT7. 7 because there is only 7 people within their tribe. It is extremely hard to turn people into shape shifters, and most of the time, people die before being fully turned, so it is not worth it. Shape shifters have the longest lives out of all of us, so usually, the population stays at 7 until one dies, and that one is replaced by a kid or two.”

“That sounds extremely complicated.”

“That’s because it is.”

“So… are you dead?” Se Kyeong asks quietly, while putting a hand on his chest in search of a heart beat. A deep rumble forms in his chest as Ravi laughs.

“No. I am alive, the only difference is that the… I guess you could call it an infection, changes the DNA in our bodies, giving us heightened senses in everything.”

“Even feelings?”

“Especially feelings.”

Se Kyeong looks up into Ravi’s face, only to notice that they were inches apart, and that distance was slowly getting smaller. Closing her eyes, she feels his hand tangle in her hair, and his lips meet hers softly. Opening , she kisses him back and deepens it, surprised only by the fact that he did not taste of blood, but rather like summer, and sunshine, and everything absolutely happy.


“Minnie?”

“Please don’t call me that.”

“So Min I-“

“Don’t.” She holds up a hand, silencing him, and stands up. “Why? Why would you want to do something like that to me?”

“Because I was selfish, and I am so, so sorry for that.” He takes a step closer. “Min, please-“

“Stop! Please, do not come any closer.”

Key takes a step closer.

“Key.” So Min warns, taking a step backwards.

Key takes another step closer.

“Key!” So Min takes another step backwards.

Key takes one step closer.

So Min takes another step backwards, and not realizing it was behind her, hits the railing hard, and reaches out to the person in front of her just as she begins to fall back. Luckily, Key reaches forward quickly and pulls her towards him before she falls, and traps her against him by the waist.

“I am so sorry.” He whispers, and cups her face in his hand. “Please forgive me. I would never pull that on you again. You mean so much more to me than . Please.” He puts his forehead against hers.

“Key…”

“Call me by my actual name, not some stupid nickname: Kibum.”

“Kibum.” So Min tests the name on her tongue, and Key sighs.

“Say it again.”

“Kibum.”

“Again.”

“Kibum.”

“I love the way you say that.” Key whispers, and leans in, brushing his lips against hers, So Min only now realizing that he had been crying.

Touching his face, she pulls him to her and kisses him, letting deepen the kiss. Pulling away, she whispers, “I forgive you.”


“Wait, I still don’t understand, why do you have to drink blood?” Se Kyeong asks Ravi as she swirls her feet in the pool.

“When we are infected, because of the fact that it is inside us makes it remove extremely important nutrients and proteins, especially the ones we need to support all of our heightened senses, just to make space for itself. The way we get those proteins is through blood so we drink it to survive.”

“What about regular food?”

“We eat regular food too, if only for sustenance. It holds no important nutrients for us.”

“How does the blood get into your bloodstream to support your body.”

“The infection creates holes for it to enter through our mouth, and if not there, then when it goes down our throat. We have to be careful on how much we drink at one time though because if it reaches our stomach, it can create serious indigestion.”

Se Kyeong giggles at the thought. “Let’s get back inside before people come out to make sure we aren’t dead or something.”

“Got it.” Ravi gets up and pulls Se Kyeong up after him. “But before we go inside…” Ravi pulls Se Kyeong towards him and kisses her. “Now we can go inside.”


A/N:

Ok.

Wow.

I started and couldn’t stop until it got up to 2,500 words. :)

Good job guis. :P

Hope you liked this chapter! Mad Se Kyeong is a scary Se Kyeong T.T

I felt so bad for So Min and then I was happy and content after I wrote their little scene haha

Comment, vote and subscribe guys!