Hidden.

Eliston Academy (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      “What.” I said, as it was more of a statement that showed shock rather than a question. Min Joon looked away, and settled his gaze at Jungkook. Both boys were silent, staring each other down. What I was more concerned about was what Min Joon said. Childhood friends. Ha, yeah right. More like mortal enemies. Does he not remember anything that happened before? Not only has he played around with my feelings, does he not recall how cruel he was in middle school? I looked around, and saw that almost everyone was looking at the three of us. I glared at Min Joon, and he released his grip. I took that opportunity to take my hand away and take a step back, to Jungkook and the others.

   Jimin looked frantically at all of us, “Are you okay?” He mouthed, knowing my past with Min Joon. I bit my lip, and nodded awkwardly. He looked over at the others, still a bit worried.

   After what seemed like a lifetime of silence, Jungkook spoke up, “You and Soo Min are childhood friends?” Min Joon glanced over at me and nodded. Jungkook looked at me for confirmation.

      “We knew each other before, but we aren’t friends.” I stated firmly.

      “I thought we were.” He said, with no emotion whatsoever. He might as well be a robot, with no feelings or a heart inside.

      “What do you want with Soo Min? It doesn’t seem like you need her for something urgent.” Jungkook pointed out, still in front of me in a guard-like position.

      “Can’t I just talk to her? God, are you guys her friends or her bodyguards?” he ruffled his hair, frustrated. I sighed, not wanting to stand here and watch them argue any longer. Before Jungkook could utter another word, I spoke up.

       “It’s okay.” I nodded at Jungkook, giving him a reassuring smile. He frowned, still not convinced.

       “I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

       “You can watch me talk to her. I won’t do anything.” Min Joon looked at Jungkook expectantly.

       “Fine. Ten minutes, alright?” Jungkook sighed, looking a bit defeated. I couldn’t really blame him; Min Joon’s single-mindedness had even me frustrated. It was hard to say no to him. I glanced over at him, his childishness was showing. He didn’t change at all, I thought. Before any of us could utter another word, Min Joon took my hand and walked outside. I could hear Jungkook behind me, yet I couldn’t look back. I was focused on Min Joon’s face, which looked determined, though I could not understand why exactly that was.

   I was in my own thoughts that I did not notice that we had came to a stop. When I did, however, I saw we were near the garden at the school, where an ancient building sat untouched and a bunch of benches surrounded it. I sat down on the nearby bench, aware of Jungkook fifteen meters away, watching us. At least Min Joon couldn’t do anything indecent. He sat down too, and stared back at the Jungkook. It was silent, except for the sound of chirping farther away in the distance. I checked my watch, and saw we still had thirty minutes before the first bell. Breaking my gaze away from the time, I turned a bit to face Min Joon.

       “What did you need to talk to me about?” I asked cautiously, as he turned to look at me. Although his features were a bit childish and innocent, he was hard to approach. I guess I still had that worry from before, that maybe anything I said could be used against me.

       “I just wanted to apologize for telling those girls that,” he paused, looking down, “you were my girlfriend. It was probably bad for you.” He looked up, and I felt surprised that he apologized.

       “It’s… Alright. Just don’t do it again.” I said curtly, hoping that, that was the end of it and we could go back. I looked over at Jungkook, who was staring at us intently. I sighed, looking at my watch. Only one minute had passed.

       “I’m also sorry for before.” Min Joon said, which brought my attention back. Was he talking about what happened in middle school? He didn’t explain, so I didn’t ask. I had to admit the curiosity w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter