They're Coming Back...

5 Scary Tales Of SM High School

Lunch Break…

“Oh! Where’s Luna?” Krystal asks the others when she arrived at the canteen with Effie.

“She’s in the library.” Lenny said.

“Lately, she is getting serious in study.” Hyoyeon said.

“You’re right.” Re Dee said.

“It is because of the new smart girl.” Yoona said.

“Oh! She is Chemi, right?” Amber asks.

Lately, she was hanging around with the girls instead with the boys.

“Ne.” Sulli said.

“Don’t you know that Luna and Chemi are competing to each other?” Amber said. She knows it because she is their classmate.

“Really?!” they all said.

“Ne. Chemi has this attitude like Eun Gyo that she thinks she is the only smart in this school. Then, when we are taking some quiz last week, Chemi perfects the quiz but Luna got 99 points. It wasn’t a big issue to Luna but Chemi looks at her and said ‘See? You are not the smarter in this school. I am the smarter than all of you’. Luna wants to ignore it but our classmates were mad at Chemi. They want Luna to defeat Chemi, so, even though Luna doesn’t want to study extra hard she was forced by our classmates.” Amber said.

“So, it was Chemi’s fault.” Hyoyeon said. “I hate her.”

“Just don’t mind her.” Yoona said.

Then, a student from student councils came to their table. “Lenny, we have a meeting today after class. I am expecting you that you will attend it.”

“Ne. I know.” Lenny said.

“Wow! You are starting to be busy now.” Effie said.

“Ne.  And I’m sure Gyuri unnie will against it.” Lenny said. “I don’t know but when I always talks about our school to my umma, Gyuri unnie will yell at me and telling me that I shouldn’t talk about it inside our house.”

“Is she crazy?” Ann J asks.

“I don’t know. But sometimes she is paranoid.” Lenny said.

“What do you mean paranoid? Like locking herself in her room then every night you will hear her whispering something?” Ann J asks.

“Ne. Ne. She is always doing that.” Lenny said.

“Then, when you ask her if she is alright she will yell at you?” Ann J asks.

“Ne. Ne.” Lenny said.

“How did you know about it, Ann J?” Sulli asks.

“My auntie always does that.” Ann J said. “But I don’t get it. She is normal when she used to live with us but when we moved here, she started acting strange.”

They’re conversation was interrupted when the bell rang.

‘Park Gyuri? Crazy?’ Hyoyeon thought while walking towards her classroom. “Uhmm… Ann J, what is your auntie’s name?”

“Her name is Kwon Yuri. Why?” Ann J said before entering her classroom.

“Nothing. Thanks.” Hyoyeon said and went to her own classroom.

Hyoyeon sat on her chair and took out her notebook. She began to write.

She wrote:

-          PARK GYURI

-          KWON YURI

“Guys, we don’t have a teacher today. She is sick so she went home.” Their class president said to them.

It means that their History Subject is free. Hyoyeon has two hours of thinking about the scary tales of their school.

She began to write again on her notebook.

She wrote:

1ST STORY:

AN EXCHANGE STUDENT FOUND DEAD HANGING ON THE CEILING…

‘Everyone said that it is suicide but I doubt it.’ Hyoyeon thought. ‘And besides, Ann J’s auntie has the same name of Kwon Yuri that was mentioned in the story. When did it happen?’

Hyoyeon write again.

THE 1ST STORY HAPPENED 5 YEARS AGO.

“Hyoyeon, what are you doing? You look so serious.” One of her classmates asks.

Hyoyeon closes her notebook. “Nothing, Sunny. Don’t mind me.” She said.

‘I shouldn’t do this but I don’t know why I want to solve these tales.’ Hyoyeon thought.

Just then, they heard the other students screaming. It is coming from Yoona and Ann J’s classroom.

“Guys, a student fainted!” their classmate said.

Hyoyeon gets out of the classroom to look at what is going on. She saw Yoona worrying.

“Yoona, what happened?” she asks when she enters the classroom.

“I-I don’t know. S-She just fainted.” Yoona said. “Hyo, I’m scared.”

Hyoyeon hugs her to calm her down.

“Let’s go. We need to see if Ann J is ok.” Hyoyeon said after calming Yoona.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The two went to the clinic. The students who brought Ann J there were back in their classroom. The only two left were the teacher and Dr. Seung Hun.

“Are you her friends?” the doctor asks.

“Ne.” they said.

“You two can stay here.” The teacher said and left them.

“Dr. Song, is she alright?” Hyoyeon asks.

“She just fainted but we need to wait her to wake up so we know the reason why she fainted.” Dr. Seung Hun said. “Can I leave you here for a while? I haven’t eaten anything so I will just buy some foods in the kitchen.”

“No problem, doctor.” Hyoyeon said.

“Don’t touch anything while I am gone, araso?” he said.

“Ne.” Hyoyeon and Yoona said.

When the doctor left, Hyoyeon takes a look at the door to make sure that he is already left. Then, she took out her handkerchief and decided to look at the drawers.

“Hyo, what are you doing?” Yoona asks.

“Don’t mind me.” Hyoyeon said.

Hyoyeon looks inside the drawer of Dr. Seung Hun. He found an old key.

‘Is this the key for the drawer of Nurse Hye Kyo?’ Hyoyeon thought. She wasn’t sure if it is really the key but it would be obvious if she will take the key right now. Dr. Seung Hun might notice it.

‘I need to take the key after class.’ She thought.

After a while, Ann J woke up.

“Ann J, gwenchana?” Yoona said.

Ann J nodded.

“Dr. Song, she awake now.” Hyoyeon said.

The doctor came in. “Can you tell me why did you faint?” he asks.

“I-I don’t know. The last thing I remember is we are having an exam just then I felt cold it is like a cold wind passes through me then I heard someone whispering to my ears then I fainted.” Ann J said.

The doctor doesn’t know how to respond to it.

“I-I think it is just your imagination.” He finally said. “If you are ok now, you can go now.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

At last it is time to go home…

“Amber, you go first. I need to go to the library.” Luna said.

“Oh… The 2nd place for being smart is going to study hard.” Chemi said. “Make sure that you will beat me next time, ok?”

“Who are you talking at?” Luna asks.

“Obviously it is you.” Chemi said.

“Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t know that because as you can see I am talking to my friend. Can you repeat what you said a while ago?” Luna said. “Oh wait! Since I am busy trying to defeat you for being smart I don’t have time to listen to you. So, bye.”

“Yah!” Chemi shouts but Luna was already left with their other classmates.

Amber handed a broom to Chemi.

“What should I do that?” Chemi asks.

“Today is your schedule to clean the room with the others.” Amber said. “If our classmates are afraid to you I am not. You always skip your duties and this is the time that you need to do it.

Chemi took the broom while glaring at her.

Amber took her bag and go out of the classroom.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Hyoyeon and Onew are together sneaking towards the clinic.

“Seriously, what are we doing here again?” Onew asks.

“I need to get something.” Hyoyeon said.

She opens the window and climbs in.

Onew follows her.

Hyoyeon opens the drawer of the doctor and took the key. Then, she tried to open the drawer of Nurse Hye Kyo but the key won’t fit in.

“That’s strange. If this is not the key of her drawer, then, what is the use of this key?” Hyoyeon asks herself.

“Hyo, can we go now? We are in danger if someone sees us here.” Onew said.

Hyoyeon puts back the key inside the drawer and closes it.

The two get out of the clinic.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The student council meeting ends at 6:30 pm.

The student council girls went to the comfort room first.

Lenny went inside the cubicle.

“Lenny, we will go first now.” The student council president said.

“Ne, Yewon sunbae.” Lenny said while inside the cubicle.

When Lenny was left alone in the comfort room, the light on her cubicle begins to turn on & off.

“Why? What is the matter of that light?” Lenny said.

Then, she saw a shadow pass through outside the cubicle.

Lenny felt scared. She finishes what she was doing and slowly opens the cubicle door.

No one was there.

“It must be my imagination.” She said to herself.

She looks at the mirror and then, one of the cubicles slowly opens.

Lenny was frozen where she is standing while looking at the cubicle door’s reflection on the mirror.

She was about to screaming when Luna gets out of the cubicle.

“L-Luna?” Lenny said. Her heart is still beating fast.

“Ne, why? You look like you’d seen a ghost.” Luna said.

“I-I thought I am alone here.” Lenny said.

“I just got in when the other student council members left.” Luna said.

“Why are you still here?” Lenny asks.

“I was in the library a while ago.” Luna said. “These past few days Chemi is getting into my nerves, so I need to study hard to beat her.”

“You can do it.” Lenny said.

“Let’s go. I am sure no one stays here this late.” Luna said.

The two are now outside the building when they saw Onew and Hyoyeon.

“Omo! Why are you still here?” Luna asks.

“Nothing.” Hyoyeon said.

Luna and Lenny look at them suspiciously.

“Yah! What’s with the look? We are not doing anything.” Hyoyeon said.

“Defensive.” Luna whispered to Lenny.

“Let’s go. Let’s eat chicken. My treat.” Onew said.

“Alright!” Hyoyeon and Luna happily said.

They are now walking towards the gate when Lenny felt that someone was watching her.

She looks at the building until she saw someone looking at her in the window of the comfort room.

It was girl and she looks like crying.

“Lenny, let’s go.” Hyoyeon called her.

Lenny looks at Hyoyeon and then looks back at the girl but the girl wasn’t there anymore.

‘Is it my imagination? But I really saw her.’ she thought.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Effie was now at home and she feels bothered.

She can’t say that to her friends because they thought that she must be crazy but when Ann J and Lenny are experiencing weird stuff from their relatives she wanted to tell them about her experience.

Actually, it all started once she lives with her umma. She always experienced weird and creepy things like someone pass through her back but no one was there or whispering to her ears while she was sleeping. Those creepy things.

That night her umma go out to buy some medicines so Effie left alone.

She always listens to the radio every time she studies but that night when she was alone, the dj plays the song ‘Because I’m A Girl by Kiss’, Effie loves the song, just then, the radio turns off.

She opens the radio again but it turns off again. She turns it on again. Effie is expecting that it will turns off but it did not, the radio changes the station she was listening.

Effie felt goosebumps all over her body.

“W-What the-”

Then, someone rings the doorbell.

She is sure that it isn’t her mom. Her mom has keys before she left.

Carefully, she opens the door. Then, she saw a girl standing outside.

“Annyeong!” the blonde girl said.

“Who are you?” Effie asks.

“I’m Jessica Jung, the owner of this house.” The girl said.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Hyoyeon just got home from school.

“Honey, the dinner is ready. Let’s eat.” Hyoyeon’s mom said.

“I just skip the dinner. I am not hungry. Onew treat us some chickens so I am full.” Hyoyeon said.

“Oh ok. How about desserts? I made some fruit salads I learned in the internet.” Hyoyeon’s mom said.

“Sure.” Hyoyeon said.

“I’ll give it to you in your room.” Hyoyeon’s mom said.

“Ok. I’ll take a shower first.” Hyoyeon said.

She went to her room and took a shower in her bathroom.

After 15 minutes, she goes out from her bathroom. She saw the desserts on her table.

Hyoyeon opens her bag and took out her notebooks, books and pencil case.

She put those on the study table and began to reads her notes. She opens her pencil case to get her ballpen but she was surprised when she saw the key inside her pencil case.

“How did it get here?” Hyoyeon asks herself. She is sure that she puts back the key inside the drawer of Dr. Song and she never opens her bag while inside the clinic.

It is also impossible that Onew took it and put it inside her pencil case.

Hyoyeon felt goosbumps all over her skin. “Is it possible that the key followed me?” she asks.

Hyoyeon shook her head. “Aniyo. It is impossible.” She said.

She decided to eats her salad to calm herself. The salad was delicious that she forgets about the key for a while.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Krystal’s House…

When Krystal got home, she notices her dad’s car parked.

“Appa went home early?” Krystal asks herself. She gets inside her house. “I’m home!”

“Oh! At last you are home.” Someone said.

Krystal looks at the guy standing at her front. “Woah! Yonghwa oppa!” Krystal said.

She hugs her brother.

“You grew taller.” Yonghwa said.

“Why are you here? When did you arrive?” Krystal asks.

“Appa fetch us in the airport.” Yonghwa said while they are going inside the living room.

“Us? You are not alone?” she asks.

Yonghwa nodded.

“You are with Shin Hye unnie?” she asks.

“Yup!” Yonghwa said.

“Where is she?” she asks excitedly.

“She is in the kitchen helping her future-mother-in-law preparing the dinner.” Yonghwa said.

“Future-mother-in-law?” she asks.

Then, she runs towards the kitchen.

“Shin Hye unnie!” she screamed happily.

“Aigoo! That kid is so noisy.” Krystal’s mom said.

Krystal hugs Shin Hye. “Unnie, are you going to get married?” she asks.

Shin Hye shows her engagement ring.

Krystal screams and jumps around.

“Yah Krystal Jung! You look like you’ve won a lottery.” Her mom said.

“Umma, I am just happy. Finally, Shin Hye unnie will be my real unnie.” She said.

Yonghwa enters the kitchen.

“Hon, is Kibum oppa already came back?” Shin Hye asks.

“Not yet.” Yonghwa said.

“Who is Kibum oppa?” Krystal asks.

“He is our Korean friend in the musical.” Shin Hye said.

Park Shin Hye and Jung Yonghwa are both members of musical that travelling around the world.

“Where is he?” Krystal asks.

“He visits someone in the hospital. He’ll be back before the dinner starts.” Yonghwa said.

“I want to meet him.” Krystal said.

“Yah. He is way too old for you.” Yonghwa said.

“Aish! I just want to meet him.” Krystal said.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

At the hospital…

Kibum visits Tiffany in the hospital. She is still in comatose. Her parents are still not giving up and they are hoping that she will survive.

“I’m happy that you finally visit her again.” Tiffany’s dad said. “Since Jessica’s mom died, no one visit her again.”

“How about Jessica?” Kibum asks.

“She never visited her. I don’t know if she really her friend or not. I am sure that Tiffany will be happy if Jessica visits her but Jessica never steps her foot in here.” Tiffany’s dad said.

Kibum just looks at Tiffany.

He doesn’t want to accuse someone but he thinks that Jessica was the one who caused Tiffany to fall. Now that he is back he wants to know the truth.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Ann J was in their living room when she heard her auntie again. Ann J went closely to the door to listen.

“Max sunbae is only mine, Maki. He belongs to me and no one else.” Those were the words that Ann J heard from her auntie.

‘Max? Maki? Who are they?’ Ann J thought.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Lenny was going to her room when she heard Gyuri whispering again.

“Go away… Go away… Go away… You are dead now, Ara.” Gyuri said.

‘Who is Ara?’ Lenny thought.