Fifth Story: The School Nurse’s Spirit

5 Scary Tales Of SM High School

Super sorry for the late update... I've been kinda busy lately...


“The story that I am going to tell is about the School Nurse who disappeared last year.” Key said.

“I heard that a school nurse never returned to her apartment after she got home from a Halloween Party that the school organized.” Hyoyeon said.

“Oh! I want to know that story.” Sulli excitedly said.

“Well, here’s the story. It is based to the teachers I heard when they were talking about it.” Key said.

“You are eavesdropping to our teachers?” Leeteuk asks.

“It wasn’t intentionally, it was accident. I heard them talking at the back of the building during lunch break and I got curious about what they are talking about.” Key said.

“Tell the truth to us, Key.” Luna said.

“Here it goes.” He said.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Last year…

There was a very kind nurse named Hye Kyo. She was very sweet to all the students. Everyone likes her even the teachers.

“Good morning, Nurse Hye Kyo.” The students greet while they saw Nurse Hye Kyo.

“Good morning and be healthy.” She greets.

When the bell rang, Hye Kyo went to her clinic.

It wasn’t hard being a school nurse because she doesn’t encounters serious problem from the students every day.

Well, there is one thing that Nurse Hye Kyo was bother.

Every time she goes in the clinic in the morning, she found a dried rose on her desk. It was started after a month when she started working there.

She doesn’t know who is putting the dried roses every morning. At first she was scared but when the school doctor told her that it was nothing, she decided to ignore it.

Just like ordinary mornings, Nurse Hye Kyo found a dried rose on her desk. She picks it up and throws it in the garbage can.

Then, the school doctor came.

“Good morning, Doctor Seung Hun.” Hye Kyo greets.

“Good morning.” Song Seung Hun said. He saw the dried rose inside the garbage can. “Again?”

“Ne.” she said.

“Every day I saw a dried rose on your desk, I am getting curious.” He said. “I wanted to know who it is and why.”

“Just leave that person alone.” She said as if she didn’t mind but deep in her heart, she felt worried. What if a person who is giving her dried roses is a girl and hates her? But what is the reason?

“I do remember something.” He said suddenly.

Hye Kyo looks at him.

“The nurse before you also received dried roses but after 5 months she never came to work. No one knows what her reason is. She just sent her resignation letter through email and never showed herself.” He said.

Hye Kyo felt goosebumps all over her skin.

“Don’t worry; I’m sure it won’t happen to you too. That nurse might have a very serious problem so she doesn’t want to go to school to give her resignation letter personally.” He said.

“Maybe you are right.” She said.

Hours later, no patients and that are good.

“Doctor, how long has you working in this school?” Hye Kyo asks.

“This is my fifth year working in here.” Seung Hun said. “And I witnessed all the killings and suicides happened in this school.”

“K-Killings? S-Suicides?” Hye Kyo asks. She doesn’t know that.

“Yeah. And I know all the stories. Wanna hear it?” he asks.

“A-Aniyo. I’m scared of that.” She said.

“Oh ok.” He said.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

After few days…

Doctor Seung Hun went to a seminar and Nurse Hye Kyo has no choice but to stay alone in the clinic. It was raining hard that day and the sky is dark.

She can’t help but to think the killings and suicides happened in that school. She was curious but scared.

Then, the windows opened because of the strong wind.

She quickly closes it.

“Nurse Hye Kyo.” Someone called her.

“Ne?” she said.

“I have a headache, can you give me some medicine?” the student asks.

“Sure. Just sit on the bed and I get a medicine for you.” She said.

The student went to the bed while she opens the medicine cabinet to get some medicines.

Then, she heard the door opens and then closes. It was loud that make her jumps.

“Did she leave?” she asks herself.

She went to the room where the bed is and she saw the student there.

“Did you see who came in?” she asks while giving the medicine to the student.

“Aniyo. I thought it was you, Nurse Hye Kyo who left.” The student said.

“But I am sure I heard the door open and close. I almost jump because it was loud.” She said.

“Maybe the wind.” The student said. “It is impossible that it was a ghost.”

“N-Ne.” she said.

“Jiyoon.” Someone called.

They almost jump because another student appeared.

“Jihyun! You scared us.” The student said.

“Are you the one who open the door and closes it loud?” she asks.

“Aniyo. I just quietly came in.” Jihyun said. “Why?”

“We heard the door open-close loudly a while ago.” Jiyoon said.

“Must be the-”

“Jihyun!” Jiyoon shouts.

“What is it?” she asks.

“N-Nothing.” Jiyoon said.

“I know you two are hiding something. Tell me.” She said.

“W-Well, we thought that it was the nurse’s spirit.”Jihyun said.

“Who’s nurse?” she asks.

“The nurse who buried under this room 50 years ago.” Jihyun said.

Song Hye Kyo felt goosebumps all over her body.

“N-Nurse b-buried under this room?” she asks.

“Ne. There is a story that this school was used to be an abandoned building. A nurse who worked at the hospital near this school has a boyfriend. Then, later on she found out that her boyfriend was cheating on her. She saw him with his other girlfriend in the abandoned building. She gets angry and tried to kill the girl but the guy stops her. He pushes her and she was off-balanced and fell from the 3rd floor of the building. When the guy checks on her, she was dead. The guy and his girlfriend buried her under the abandoned building and tried to forget everything.” Jiyoon said.

“H-How did you know about this?” Hye Kyo asks.

“The nurse who worked here last year was the boyfriend’s granddaughter. She always received dried roses every morning. At first, she was bothered but later on she was used to it. But after 5 months, the nurse didn’t go to work. I and Jihyun went to visit her apartment but she wasn’t there. The owner said that she never came home after the Halloween Party. On the next day, the principal received a resignation letter from the nurse. But the principal and the teachers are hiding something, the nurse send her resignation letter along with a letter that telling that a ghost is haunting her. The principal doesn’t want to let the students know that because it might ruin the reputation of the school. I and Jihyun tried to find the letter but we don’t know where we will find it. But there is one thing for sure, the ghost that haunting the nurse was the nurse’s spirit who buried under this room. She was revenging to all the people who are relatives of her ex-boyfriend and his girlfriend.” Jiyoon said.

“But why me? I don’t even know them.” She said.

“I don’t know. Maybe you look like the girl or the ex-boyfriend.” Jihyun said.

“What? Impossible.” She said.

Then, the bell rang it means it is lunch break.

“Lunch break time. Bye Nurse Hye Kyo. Don’t mind the stories we told you. We don’t sure if it was true or not.” Jiyoon said before they left.

“O-Ok.” She said. Still she is still scared because of that story.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Halloween Party…

The school organized again a Halloween Party and all must be there.

Nurse Hye Kyo doesn’t like to go but the principal insisted. Until now she is still scared about the story that Jihyun and Jiyoon told her.

If she remembers, the nurse never got home after the Halloween Party. What if it is going to happen to her too?

“Nurse Hye Kyo.” Seung Hun called her.

“Hello doctor.” She greets.

“Why are you here alone?” Seung Hun asks as he sat on the other chair.

“This party is for the students. I enjoys watching them having fun.” She said.

“Right.” He said. “I wonder why we need to attend this party.”

“Maybe to guard the students from drinking alcoholic drinks.” She said.

“Even if we guard them, some students are doing it.” He said.

“Right.” She said.

Moment of silence…

“Are you ok?” he asks.

“N-Ne. I am just feeling tired.” She said.

“Why don’t you go home and take a rest? I’ll tell to the principal.” He said.

“Ok. Thanks doctor.” She said.

She took her bag and left the school.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Monday morning…

The principal go to work early in the morning. He found a letter on his desk.

He opens and read the letter. It was a resignation letter from Nurse Hye Kyo and along with the resignation letter is another letter saying that she was haunting by a ghost.

“It was the same letter from Nurse Hyori.” The principal said.

He quickly hid the letter inside the vault along with the letter of Nurse Hyori, the nurse who disappeared too last year.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Well, it wasn’t totally scary but I know that you all are getting curious.” Key said.

“Where is Nurse Hye Kyo now?” Amber asks.

“No one knows. Someone said that she never got home after the Halloween Party.” Key said.

“Aigoo… I’m getting more curious and I want to know where she is.” Hyoyeon said.

“Guys, I think we should all sleep now. It is 1:00 in the morning.” Siwon said.

“Yeah.” They all agree.

“Don’t turn off the lights!” Yoona said when she saw Onew going towards the switch of the lights.

“Araso.” Onew said and went back to his place where he is going to sleep.

All of them are sleeping not knowing that ghosts are everywhere in the school.