Comforting

The Desk Right In Front Of Me

"What?" Victoria asked, trying to figure out if she heard Changmin's words right.

Changmin sighed, hanging his head low. It already took him a lot of courage to say those words to her. Why couldn't she hear it the first time? He loved her, and he never thought he would say those words to her, but he never felt so sad in his life, and if he stayed with Victoria, he thought, that maybe this would happen again.

He gulped, "Let's break-up." There was silence, as more tears rolled down Victoria's face.

However, Changmin didn't expect what happened next. Victoria's hand raised, and slapped him across the cheek, releasing all the tears he built inside himself at the moment.

"FINE! LET'S BREAK-UP! IF YOU KEEP INTERRUPTING ME WHEN I TRY TO EXPLAIN MYSELF, MAYBE IT WOULD BE THE BEST!" Victoria yelled, surprising Changmin.

She grabbed her coat, that was on the couch and headed towards the door, as Changmin stood there in silence, "I'm going to count to three, and if you don't stop me, then it's really over." She told him, but he stayed silent and looked down to the floor.

Victoria began, holding the knob of the door, "One." Though, Changmin stood still.

"Two." She turned the knob.

She had now opened the door, "Thre-"

"Wait!" Changmin interrupted, which made Victoria a little bit more happy.

Her heart fluttered as he started to walk to her, and once he reached her he gave her a light peck on the cheek, "Goodbye." He mumbled, walking a few steps back.

Victoria's eyes widen, her tears had already been wiped away, but new tears were beginning to form in her ears, "You really want to end this way?" All he did was turn around, since his own tears were trickling down his face, "Okay have it your way, goodbye Changmin."

She was about to close the door, but she turned back, though his back was still facing her, "I felt sparks when we kissed each other for the first time in China. It's true that I accepted Nichkhun's kiss, but I felt nothing, and all I could think about was you. That's because I love you, Shim Changmin." No movements came from Changmin, and with that she closed the door with a big bang.

Right, as she closed the door, he fell to his knees. His nightmare come true, he had broken up with the only girl he ever loved. As he thought about it, this might be for the best for him. He could focus more on dancing, but the thought of Victoria not cheering him up after practice sadden him. A river started flowing from his eyes as he just realized he made the worst mistake ever.

~||~

"Why isn't anyone picking up?" Victoria yelled, as she tried calling, Jessica, Sulli, Amber, Luna, Etc.

She could still hear the words Changmin had yelled at her. She needed someone right now, but her most supportive friends were probably hanging out with their boyfriends. Cuddling each other, laughing together, maybe even kissing, all the things she had done with Changmin. At the moment, she wanted anyone, anyone to comfort her in this most difficult time.

So, not caring she called Nichkhun. You would think she is crazy for doing so, but she thoughy he would be a good candidate to comfort her, due to him being her ex-best friend, who took care of her a lot. She also couldn't blame him for the break-up, she didn't protest to the kiss and she didn't think that Nichkhun could ever send the picture.

"Hello?"Nichkhun had finally answered the phone.

"Oppa, I need you right now." Victoria mumbled, between sniffles.

Nichkhun was shocked, as he recognized her voice, "I thought you were mad at me and you wouldn't talk to me."

"Changmin broke up with me-"

"Say no more. I'll pick you up in 10 minutes." With that he hung up and Victoria walked outside of her house to wait for Nichkhun.

~||~

"The plan worked, Changmin and Victoria broke-up, so head to Changmin's house to comfort him."

"Okay." Krystal answered, "How did you find out, though?"

He smirked, "She called me and asked to meet her. So, call you later, I'm going to pick-up Victoria." He turned off his cell-phone, so that he wouldn't get any interruptions when he was with Victoria and he went faster to her house.

Once, Nichkhun stopped in front of her house, Victoria stood up immediately and sat in the front seat, "He really did break-up with you, you look horrible." Victoria sniffled and hit Nichkhun's arm, "Sorry, probably not to make some jokes right now." Victoria nodded slightly, "Maybe, ice-cream will cheer you up." He mumbled and headed to the closest ice-cream shop.

Nichkhun parked his car, and helped Victoria out, who had been crying and telling Nichkhun what happened the whole ride, "He's a jerk, so let's just forget about him." he told her, putting his arm around her.

"One rocky-road in a waffle cone." Nichkhun ordered as soon as the got to the front of the line.

Suddenly, Victoria burst into tears, "T-that was Changmin's favourite." Noticing how people were now looking at them, she cuddled up against his chest, and cried silently, remembering the first time they had an ice-cream shop date.

"One, chocolate mint ice-cream and one bubble gum ice-cream both in a waffle cone." The lady at the front nodded, and she scooped the ice-cream.

"One dollar please." The lady told Nichkhun but he stared at her dumbfounded why the cost was reduce, "It's okay, just make that girl happy." She told him, pointing at victoria who was still crying and huddled up against his chest.

He nodded and gave the money to her, "Thank-you."

"Anytime." The lady said before redirecting her attention to the next customer.

"One bubble gum ice-cream in a waffle cone for you." He told her, handing her the ice-cream.

Once, she saw it her mood was a it more lightened up, "You always know my favourites."

The two decided to hit the park. After, walking around the park a few times, they settled at a bench that over-looked the lake, where all types of people did many activities like fishing or boating.

"I really can't believe he broke-up with you." Nichkhun declared, after a few minutes of sitting.

Victoria, who was leaning on his shoulder, nodded, "He didn't even let me explain."

"If it were me, I would have understood you." He replied, making Victoria smile.

"I wonder who sent the picture though. I know Taecyeon had it on his phone and Jessica knew about it, but they would never send the picture to him."

Nichkhun scratched his neck, "Y-yeah, I-i wonder who sent that p-picture."

"And you probably thinks it's Krystal since you know that she was mean to me, but how would she get Taecyeon's phone? " Nichkhun kept silent and just nodded, "Anyway, thank-you for being here with me." She smiled, as she closed her eyes.

Nichkhun took a big breath, knowing this was the best time to make a move on her, "Victoria, you and Changmin have broke up, right?"

She scoffed, "I wouldn't have called you or cried in public, if we didn't."

"Then, why not give us a try?" He asked, and she stood straight up.

"WHAT?"

"Victoria." He started, "You know my feelings over you, and you called me to comfort you when you broke-up with your boyfriend. How do you think I feel right now?"

Victoria blushed and looked at the other direction, "I didn't know I took your first kiss, after you told me about the picture, but you don't know that's my first kiss too. Victoria, ever since I met you, I've loved you so much. I stood by you, through everything. You're perfect and I don't get how Changmin would break-up with a goddess like you."

Her face became more red, as she remembered that night. All the compliments he had given her, led to them to kiss. She wondered, if this conversation will end up with them kissing too.

"Stop thinking about Changmin and try to think about me. I will never break your heart, so will you be my girlfriend?"