So Lucky

Growing Love

Luhan opened the door slowly and looked at the persons running into several directions. They seemed rushed but were careful to not bump into each other.

 

His gaze shift and fell upon a familiar person wearing an apron and scrutinizing with a little frown if everything was alright. Not wanting to be a bother, Luhan waited at the door. One of the employee noticed him and motionned if he should acquaint the chef of his presence. With a smile, Luhan shook his head. The employee mouthed an oh and gave him a nod before returning at his work.

 

Luhan was leaning against the wall when, a few minutes later, he heard claps and congratulations coming from inside the kitchen. Luhan bowed at the cooks who saw him and, when he was sure everyone was out, he entered the kitchen, careful not to make a noise as he approached the man eyeing the preparations.

 

Luhan hugged him from behind. “You left without telling me,” he muttered on the toned back.

 

The person turned around and Luhan faked an angry expression but it was soon gone behind a bright smile when he got his kiss; the one he didn’t wake up to this morning resulting on his sulky mood.

 

"I’m sorry but I doubt you would have been happier if I had woken you up at 6am," Sehun said with a smile and a peck.

 

Luhan pouted then sighed. “We came back yesterday and you’re working already.”

 

"You know I need to."

 

Luhan hummed, his eyes skimming through the similar dishes behind Sehun to stop when they landed on one particular dessert; a chocolate ice cream orned with gold leafs looking extremely beautiful and delicious.

 

"Don’t even think about it."

 

Luhan looked back up at Sehun. “What?”

 

"I can’t let you eat anything today. There’s the exact number of plates for tonight."

 

Luhan huffed. “I can eat mine now.”

 

"No," Sehun refused. Removing his arms from around Luhan’s waist and ignoring the deepened frown from the latter, he walked out and was surprised that the hands of his watch predicted 2pm in a few. "We finished everything quite early," he noted after coming back from the changing room. "Maybe we could go see Baekhyun? We’ll miss the debut of his conference since it’s about to start but we’ll maybe get to hear a bit if we leave now."

 

"Hey, you’re right!" Luhan exclaimed, his grumpiness disappearing behind a wide smile.

 

Sehun, who was on the middle of putting the second sleeve of his vest, felt his arm being tugged and his feet moving fast against his will. “Lu! Wait!” he tried, but he soon noticed that Luhan wasn’t listening – or hearing, because he was crying louder.

 

"Hurry! Hurry!"

 

 

***

 

 

Maybe it was due to Luhan’s excitment, maybe it was due to his love for his best friend or maybe it was both, but twenty minutes after Luhan took the wheel, they arrived at the museum, running an endless hallway after a man had gently told them the way to the room 124, where Baekhyun was currently giving his speech. They found it quickly as the door was opened and they both recognize the man standing on the stage that a hundred person were listening to.

 

Luhan guided Sehun to the last few seats at the back without making a sound to not attire the attention on them and especially, not disturb Baekhyun.

 

It was a good thing that the small man had a big voice; even if Baekhyun was barely visible from where they were, they could perfectly hear what he was saying.

 

"I’m honored to be able to display my pieces here, at SEU museum. Like the name, this collection is really precious to me. What I would like is every single person to feel something, either it’d be an emotion that result of just the sight of a photo or the memories that it could bring up. Thank you."

 

Luhan and Sehun clapped along everyone else as Baekhyun bowed deeply. They sat as they saw some people – important people, Luhan guessed, if their suits looking more expensive than a ticket to China meant anything – shaking hands with Baekhyun and stood up only when the latter was about to leave.

 

Luhan saw the way his best friend’s eyes lit up at their sight and felt some bones breaking under Baekhyun’s tight hug.

 

"Didn’t know you’d be here! My favorite author! I’m so happy to see you!" He cupped Luhan’s grinning face and pouted. "Why are you so beautiful? And how do you still look so young? You’re 28!"

 

His voice sounded so exasperated, Sehun laughed, making Baekhyun to drift his attention towards him. “A mystery, really,” he said.

 

Baekhyun clicked his tongue. “I’m sure you have something to do with it.” He looked back at Luhan. “So,” He wiggled his eyebrows. “How was your trip? Or, should I call it, second honeymoon?”

 

"Perfect…" Luhan replied in a dream-like state which earned a chuckle from Baekhyun who tapped his cheeks affectionally.

 

"I think you two are here for the exhibition. What are we waiting? Let’s go!"

 

Baekhyun being a quite well-known photographer, the three friends were several times stopped by other photographers for a little talk that most of the time were exchange of praises and some journalists asking for quick interviews that Baekhyun kindly declined.

 

"I’m so famous and talented," Baekhyun declared with his head up. "I'm sorry, I can’t help it."

 

The couple walking behind him shared glances. Sehun rolled his eyes and Luhan stiffled a laugh behind his hand.


For being the youngest photographer to have a place in SEU museum, Baekhyun had every reason to be proud of himself. But Luhan was amazed that, everyday since he met him, Baekhyun seemed to fall in love with himself a little more – and it was getting worse since his wedding.

 

"It’s here!" Baekhyun shouted.

 

Luhan was surprised by the number of persons in the luminous white cube, but he knew it had something to do with artists being here today to present their works. He followed Baekhyun's hand indicating the first frame and his eyes widened. Not because the two hands represented were linked above a garden of flowers. No, it was because one of the hand was wearing a silver band which was exactly the same he had around his ring finger and the flowers were red roses shining under the sunrise.

 

He looked at his left and gasped at the sight of six hands doing the peace sign in front of a familiar building. Luhan grinned, he could see them waving and hear the cries of happiness they all let out that day as if the graduation was yesterday.

 

His eyes next found a serie of five frames hanging in the middle of a white wall presented as though they were the masterpieces of the collection. Each photo shown a smile and Luhan identified each; Kyungsoo's heart-shaped smile, Kai and his habit of letting his tongue out when he's about to laugh, Chanyeol's toothy grin. It was amazing how Baekhyun captured the smile that represented them the best. He caugh his own next and, despite thinking that his smile had nothing special, and that his lower lip was a bit chapped, Luhan found it nice. It was a genuine smile and he felt proud to share it with the world.

 

He was proud that his smile was considered a piece of art.

 

The last one was his favorite; those thin lips so slightly tugged upwards that you need to look closer to be sure they were forming a smile. Still, you could see the sincerity behind it and what Luhan loved the most was to feel it; feel all the emotions those lips conveyed to him was it by words or touches.

 

Luhan’s eyes twinkled, it was like falling in love with it all over again.

 

"So? What do you guys think?"

 

Luhan turned around to a beaming Baekhyun and smiled, one that was radiating endearment. “I now understand why you called it Precious.”

 

"Yes! Because you’re all precious to me! Yes... even Kai..." The couple heard the struggle in Baekhyun's voice to utter his last words. "Talking about him, where is he?"

 

"At the venue. He sent me a message just now to tell me we should hurry." Sehun frowned at his phone. "He’s probably freaking out. But yeah, we should go or we’ll be late."

 

"Oh, I received one from Chanyeol too. He’s waiting at the parking."

 

They went out and, once again, Baekhyun dismissed the reporters with a smile that was soon dissipated as they started screaming questions and shoving their mics to his face.

 

"I know I’m fabulous, amazing, beautiful, extremely talented and everyone’s dying to hear my melodious voice, but no is no! Can’t they understand that?" Baekhyun huffed, his anger crumbling down at the sight of his tall husband leaning against his car.

 

Chanyeol laughed when Baekhyun jumped on him. His eyes fell on the amused couple a few steps behind and he grinned. “Hunhan! I’m glad you two are back.”

 

"You’re glad because now, Baekhyun will stop spending the whole night talking with Luhan," Sehun jested after the two best friends had climbed on the car.

 

Closing the passenger door, Chanyeol admitted with a bashful smile, "That may be one of the reason.."

 

Sehun patted Chanyeol's back and nodded solemnly in understanding.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m glad for that too.”

 

 

***

 

 

"Where the are you?!"

 

Sehun rolled his eyes at Kai’s panicked tone. He threatened a few times to hang up but it unfortunately didn’t stop his best friend’s cries. “Kai, for the hundredth time, we just arrived in the lobby.”

 

"And again, what the took you so long?"

 

Sehun had the sudden urge to throw his phone against the wall. “Again, if you were listening, you’d know that we had to change first.” Sehun was amazed by how calm he sounded.

 

"Well, hurry now!"

 

This time, Kai’s voice wasn’t coming from the device. Sehun understood why after seeing on top of the stairs, Kai glowering down at him.

 

"Seriously?!" Kai seethed as he glared at the two couples taking all their time to climp the stairs. "You took one ing hour to prepare and you look like…" his gaze travelled from Sehun's polished shoes and up his grey suit to his bored face. "That?!"

 

"You would have cried even louder if we had shown up with casual clothes. And you’re joking, right? I definitely look better than you."

 

"Excuse me?" Kai scoffed. "You definitely not–"

 

"Let’s go, now?" Luhan interrupted with a smile. "The show’s about to start." He seized Sehun’s hand and pulled him closer to the VIP entrance.

 

Kai kept his curses to himself and followed them inside with Baekhyun and Chanyeol in toe.

 

"Whoa! It’s huge!" Chanyeol remarked as they walked in between several round tables decorated with a bouquet of roses in the middle, luxurious silverwares and wine bottles ornering the white tablecloths. Chandeliers were shining under the artificial lights high above them and waiters were standing by the alabaster walls, waiting to fill the plates of well-dressed idols and actors.

 

Kai groaned, his head was ducked to avoid the stares following them as if they were intruders – which they were somehow. It didn’t help that their table was in the far front.

 

"I swear you’ll pay me back for this embarrassment," Kai whispered as soon as they settled on their chairs. "How could you guys be late on a day as important as today?"

 

"Will you shut up? We’re here now." Baekhyun huffed.

 

Kai was about to retort when the lights went off. Claps reasonated in the big concert hall. Everyone was now focused on the scene.

 

Screams were louder when someone stepped on the stage. Kai stopped himself from standing up when the spotlights showed a bowing Kyungsoo who looked amazed at the number of persons acclaiming him when he straightened up. Their gazes met and Kai gave him two thumbs up. He grinned as he sensed that Kyungsoo was fighting off the urge to roll his eyes, but he also knew that Kyungsoo's tensed shoulders were now relaxed and his nervous expression was gone behind a smile. Kai felt smug to be the reason behind it.

 

When the only sound left was the music starting, Kyungsoo closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He lifted his mic, opened his eyes and then his mouth...

 

 

***

 

 

"You were amazing!" Luhan exclaimed for the second or fifth time as he hugged Kyungsoo.

 

They were now at Viva Polo (Chanyeol’s hotel) where most of the celebrities were staying for the night.

 

The groups of friends were huddled in Kyungsoo’s room with the latter smiling from the overwhelming compliments he was receiving.

 

"I don’t know anything about singing skills, but I’m sure you improved compared to last time." Chanyeol grinned proudly from his spot on the sofa next to Baekhyun who hummed at his words.

 

"I got goosebumps at the end with your high note," Baekhyun added without looking up from his phone; too busy estimating how much he could sell the photos he – surreptitiously – took from some idols and actors backstage.

 

"Right?" Kai winded his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders. "My soon-to-be husband will be Korea’s next biggest star."

 

Kyungsoo lowered his head at that and mumbled a “Don’t exagerate..” subtly leaning against Kai’s side who gleefully hold him tighter.

 

"He’s not," Sehun asserted, turning away from the computer's screen where he was reading comments on various sites talking about Kyungsoo's performance. "You opened the ceremony of the Drama Awards. Some idols are in the industry for years yet, they never get an invitation to even perform."

 

"It’s true." Baekhyun affirmed with a nod. "And not everyone get an invitaion to cater the event." He smiled in Sehun's direction. "The food was delicious as always, Sehun."

 

"Don’t listen to him." Kai rolled his eyes. "He’s only saying that because he wants to eat at your restaurant again for free."

 

As he glared at Kai's irritated and ugly face, Baekhyun suddenly thought about something. “Why are you here?" he questionned, frowning slightly. "Shouldn’t you be away practicing for your dance show?”

 

"You remember that?" Kai asked back with an eyebrow raised, greatly surprised that Baekhyun kept that information in mind. "Seems like you actually care about me," he claimed teasingly.

 

"Only because you’ll be in Europe and I won’t see your stupid face for a week," Baekhyun sneered, looking back at his phone and scrolling through his photos.

 

Kai hid his rising anger behind a sweet smile only because Kyungsoo was rubbing the back of his clenched hand with the pad of his thumb.

 

 

***

 

 

It was late when the couples separated to go in their respective rooms.

 

Luhan was sitting on one of the hotel's large bed, smiling at the new photos Yixing sent him from his world tour. Him and Junmyeon were currently enjoying their time in New York, certainly planning to postpone further more their return in Korea, which was supposed to be last week.

 

He read 2am when he turned off his tablet. He hummed at the feel of soft sheets welcoming him with a sweet scent of lavender and then turned his head aside, his gaze dropping and lingering on a sleeping Sehun.

 

A little smile made his way to his face as he traced the outline of Sehun’s jaw with the tip of his finger. It had been an exhausting day and Luhan could see it by dint of the dark circles underneath Sehun's eyes. He wished Sehun could still be sleeping this peacefully tomorrow morning instead of waking up for work.

 

Luhan sighed quietly and scooted closer.

 

He should sleep too.

 

 

 


 

 

"I’m your biggest fan!"

 

Luhan laughed at the child excitement as he took a hold of his book. He opened it at the first page then posed it on the table. With his pen on hand, he smiled at the little boy beaming in front of him before reaching to ruffle his hair.

 

"You grew up so much Jonghyunnie," Luhan cooed, earning a grin from the six years old child and a huff from his mother standing next to him.

 

"Can you please sign it quickly, Luhan? I left work as soon as this little troublemaker told me he wasn’t feeling well. Found out he just wanted to see you," she said, glaring down at her son.

 

Luhan laughed at the blush that bloomed on Jonghyun’s face. “He’s becoming like his father,” Luhan chuckled while signing the book and drawing a smiley at the end. After handing the book to Jonghyun, who held it close to his chest as if it was a treasure, Luhan looked up at Yura. “By the way, where is he?”

 

"Opening a cafe in Busan." Yura scoffed with her arms crossed. "This guy’s never where he should be."

 

Luhan gave her a knowing smile. “You miss him?” he asked, although his question sounded more like a statement.

 

"What?! No!" Yura shrieked, affronted. Too bad Luhan could see right through her lie. Too bad Jonghyun seemed like he could see right trought it too if his confused look was any clue.

 

Yura’s eyes darted back and forth between the two, growing nervous as the silence progressed.

 

"But mom, just yesterday you were sobbing when he call–"

 

Yura grasped her son’s hand and sprinted to the exit, throwing a, “I’ll call you,” over her shoulder and disappearing behind the door too quickly for Luhan to utter a single word – albeit Yura surely wouldn’t have been able to hear him over Jonghyun’s cries.

 

Luhan shook his head, feeling delighted that Yura came, but also Kyungsoo, Kai, Chanyeol and Baekhyun earlier this morning, each with their own book. He recalled how Baekhyun had tried to make him sign an adoption contract but that thought was cut off by a growl coming from his stomach and he understood why after checking the clock on the wall indicating that lunch time was over twenty minutes ago.

 

He stood up and stretched his arms, his neck, his back. The signing session of his second book, Tell me What is Love, was now over after two hours and Luhan wanted nothing more than to be in his bed and sleep the day off.

 

"Luhan?"

 

Luhan looked towards the door to see Sooyeon, the assistant, entering the small library with a smile.

 

She bowed before saying, “One of your reader couldn’t make it in time and arrived just now. Should I let him in?”

 

"Of course," Luhan assured with a smile, sitting back down on his chair.

 

The assistant bowed again and left to bring the late fan.

 

Luhan allowed himself to drift off a moment. He opened his eyelids a smidge when he heard something getting in contact with the table. He blinked at the box wrapped in a plaid cloth, then up at the person who posed it.

 

"I thought you’d be hungry," the fan said, pulling out a chair and walking around the table to sit next to Luhan.

 

Said boy beamed and hugged a laughing Sehun tightly. He let go only to open the basket and salivate at the sight of several containers.

 

"I have the best husband," Luhan said incoherently while chewing on a perfectly heated up meat, stabbing on another piece and leading in to his mouth without swallowing the ones already filling his cheeks.

 

Sehun silently stared with an amused smile as Luhan continued to eat messily; sauce dripping down his mouth that Sehun wiped with a tissue. His action earned a sheepish smile from Luhan who suddenly paused to look around for a paper and a pen. When he found it, he scribbled something down then folded the paper in two.

 

"What did you write?" Sehun asked as he watched Luhan attacking the dessert.

 

Luhan cut a bit of the sliced cake for himself then aimed another piece to Sehun’s mouth. The latter furrowed his eyebrows curiously at the spoon but parted his lips and allowed Luhan to push it in his mouth.

 

"I found the title for my next story." Luhan answered as he watched Sehun a smudge of chocolate cream off his upper lip.

 

"And what is it?"

 

Luhan gave Sehun a simple kiss. Smiling against his lips, his bright smile widened when Sehun offered him one in return. The one Luhan wake up to every morning and kiss him goodnight every night. For being able to see that loving smile everyday, Luhan was so grateful.

 

So happy.

 

So…

 

"The way I feel thanks to you."

 

 

 

 

Lucky.

 

 

 

 



End. For real this time. x)
Now you're supposed to go back to chapter one. :) Hehehe.
Thanks for the support!
 
Kyungsoo - Tell me What is Love
 
http://i.imgur.com/dwQVG2D.gif