Thoughts

Growing Love

"This is annoying. Can't we do something else?"

 

Luhan should have never accepted when Sehun asked him if he could bring his game. The latter was in Luhan's house for a an hour now and the only things they did were eat and play that stupid videogame.

 

"You can still play with me," Sehun replied while gazing intently on the tv, oblivious to Luhan deepened frown.

 

"I don't want to! You win everytime anyway." Luhan huffed and pouted at the lack of attention his boyfriend was giving him.

 

"It's not my fault if you su–" Sehun stopped. He knew that for his life, the last syllab of the word better stay in his mouth. And he was right because, from the corner of his eye, he could see Luhan glaring at him.

 

"It's not your fault if I what?" Luhan asked, his glare transforming into a blank face – it was actually scarier – and his voice so unsually and painfully low, that Sehun bit back a wince.

 

"...I mean–" Sehun gasped. "Woah, I'm going to beat my own record!"

 

Arms still crossed, Luhan could only watch with wide eyes as Sehun press harshly the buttons and leaned forwards towards the TV, not leaving his black car now first on the course. But Luhan won't stay still as his boyfriend show him clearly that his game is more important than him.

 

"Sehun," he started, but he knew, of course, that the boy wasn't going to reply him, nor spare him a glance or even, at least, acknowledge his presence. Luhan scoffed, but giving up was a big no, so he scooted closer until their legs touched and innocently slided his left arm behind Sehun's back.

 

"Yah stop! What are you doing?!" Sehun was bewildered when he felt lips kissing his cheek, and even more because it wasn't stopping; they were trailing down his jaw and as much as he tried to retreat, it was useless because his arm was on the armrest, his other trying to push Luhan away but it was also useless because his boyfriend grip on it was too strong.

 

Understanding that asking him to stop was in vain, while doing his best to ignore the light kisses coming terribly near his lips, Sehun kept his twitching gaze on the screen, holding the controller as if his sanity depended on it.

 

Concentrate on the game, he told himself, but that thought faded away when warm fingers turned his head and his eyes landed on two deep brown ones. Now he could only imagine them as plump lips met his own and the hands cupping his face slipped into his hair, holding him close and deeper into an intoxicating vanilla scent.

 

Sehun would have forgot he was holding something if that something wasn't abruptly snatched away from his weak hands.

 

It took him one second to understand that there were no lips on his anymore, another one to open his eyes and see Luhan grinning, the game controller on his hands, two seconds to look at the Tv and see his car doing weird spins and five more seconds for Luhan to say, "It feels so good to win!" for everything to click on Sehun's mind. He whirled his head back on the screen and watched with horror his car being surpassed by two, three, six?! With one swift movement, he reached for the controller but his stubborn boyfriend had to back away, so much that he fell on the couch with Sehun on top of him who was stretching his arm to get the freaking controller.

 

"Luhan! Give me my–" Sehun was interrupted by a loud noise of a crash. He slowly turned his head to see the big game over taking the whole screen.

 

This is not happening, Sehun thought, this is just not happening.

 

But oh, this was really happening, a little voice confirming that this nightmare was sadly the reality.

 

"Oops? ...Sorry."

 

Sehun looked down at the blond boy beneath him. "You're not really sorry, are you?" he asked upon seeing Luhan's big grin. The latter looped his arms around his boyfriend's neck and shook his head. Sehun narrowed his eyes and leaned in. "You're gonna be," he whispered before locking their lips.

 

If it meant Sehun kissing him until he genuinely apologize, Luhan wasn't going to feel sorry anytime soon.

 

"Did you hear that?" Luhan asked, his lips and turning his head.

 

"No." Came out Sehun short reply, his mind only setting on getting Luhan's lips back against his. Fortunately, Luhan let him, quite reluctantly at first, but ended up responding vigorously, deepning each moves. Sehun's tongue accessed with ease into Luhan's mouth, discorvering it for the umpteenth time. A battle of tongues started from here, none wanting to lose until Luhan pulled away again earning a deep grunt from Sehun. "What?!" he asked somewhat irritated.

 

"Sehun, I heard–" Luhan's breathless voice was cut off by the sound of fist pounding against the front door. He got up, making himself presentable but his apologetic smile wasn't appeasing Sehun who let out an annoyed groan, and another one when he heard Luhan say, "Oh Junmin."

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. He took the remote and sat up properly, he greeted Junmin with a small smile and a nod. He didn't bother hiding his discomfort. Sitting next to Luhan who was now way too far away from him, and way too close to Junmin annoyed him plenty. Even if Luhan was right in between the two, that was how Sehun saw it. It really didn't help that they started talking about old memories which meant, Sehun couldn't take part in the conversation. He was like left out, and he hated it.

 

He needed to get out, so he stood up. The situation made him uncomfortable and disgruntled. He wasn't sure if it was the situation or just Junmin though. He has no problem with the boy, he's a good friend, but he's also everywhere Luhan is and it's starting to get on his nerves. He accepted that working made him unable to see his boyfriend whenever he wanted to, plus, it was not that big of a problem since Luhan often come and most of the time stay with him until the end of his shift, but they ciuldn't have quality time on the cafe like they were having just a few minutes ago. He won't allow someone stopping them whenever they're alone which didn't happen often lately.

 

Luhan entered the kitchen and took slow steps towards the boy, trying to read the emotion on Sehun's face. "Is something wrong?"

 

Sehun wanted to scoff, he stared at his feet a few seconds before looking up at Luhan who had an amusing smile on his face. He frowned. "I want to spend time with you, only you."

 

Sehun's pout never failed to surprise Luhan who marched to the boy leaning against the counter and pinched his cheeks. Passing over Sehun's displeased look, he pulled harder. "Awww you're so cute! Promise I'll spend more time with you."

 

Sehun's lips twitched as he tried to keep his smile for himself at Luhan's wink. To not be affected by Luhan's grin, he looked at the old oven behind and muttered a little "Yeah", even if he was feeling warm by the happiness heating up his body. Especially his hand that Luhan was currently holding.

 

What he didn't know was that Junmin heard the whole exchange when he got up, wanting to ask if they needed help. It wasn't his motive, but he found himself rooted by his feet at the kitchen's entrance and without knowing, the conversation had ended with Luhan giving Sehun a tight hug. And another prick on Junmin's heart.

 

Feeling better, Sehun re the living room, taking his spot on the couch. Forgetting Junmin's presence, he cupped Luhan's face and slowly pressed their lips together, making Luhan also forget that someone was sitting next to him as his sparkling eyes impatiently waited for Sehun to lean in again. So he did, closing the distance, they were about to share another kiss, and maybe another one and another after if Luhan didn't turn around to the sudden voice that extanted the little gap that was left between them.

 

"I can leave if you want," Junmin said, his voice distant like his eyes not leaving the screen.

 

While Sehun couldn't believe that Junmin was still here, Luhan blushed bright red. "N-no! S-sorry.." He smiled shyly and straightened up.

 

Junmin stayed one hour, or two, maybe five, for all Sehun knew, he was really bored and really irritated to be in his boyfriend's house, with his boyfriend, but not doing anything with his boyfriend because he was laughing and commenting a show with someone else. The thought of throwing the unwelcomed guest out came more than once but, fortunately, he was now at the door bidding goodbye to Luhan because Sehun didn't bother standing up, opting to close his eyes and rest his head on the couch instead. He was tired, mentally tired of their never ending talk. Seriously, Junmin could go, It was not like he was never going to see Luhan again, even if that was what Sehun wished right now.

 

Their discussion went on and on, It was going in one ear and out the other. Sehun didn't care what they were talking about until he heard a weird question getting out of Junmin's mouth.

 

"Remember when you said you wanted to marry me?"

 

Sehun instantly opened his eyes. He turned his head ever so slightly and saw Luhan's back, his body almost hiding Junmin's but not his face since the boy was taller. He seemed serious and Luhan was surely taken aback by the question too because he took some time before saying,

 

"No...? but I don't doubt saying it." With a little laugh at the end.

 

Junmin stared at him. He stared and stared, so much, Sehun wanted to get to where they were and close the door. But he eventually replied with a nod and something that looked like a smile before waving and turning around to walk into the cold night.

 

The moment Luhan turned around, he didn't appear fazed by Junmin's words as he was, so Sehun didn't say anything. Instead, he let Luhan climb on his lap, he let him close his arms around his neck and he let a giddy feeling took upon his whole body as Luhan gave him a soft, lingering kiss.

 

 

***

 

 

A while later, when clothes were long forgotten, rough breathings and loud heartbeats were the only sounds filling the room, Sehun looked at the love marks under his boyfriend's collarbone. Feeling that they needed a little company, he bent down and dragged his lips over some areas on the pale neck earning a few gasps and whimpers from Luhan at the feel of teeth grazing his skin.

 

Pleased with his work, Sehun admired the colorful fresh bruises next to the dull old ones. They formed like a constellation and, being the one having lighted up the stars in the most beautiful sky that his Luhan's skin, Sehun was proud. Like he marked his territory, the sight gave Sehun a great satisfaction, a reminder that Luhan was his, that he was the first to have put a star on it and would also be the the last.

 

Are you sure?

 

His smile decreased at the question and he froze when another one get into his mind without warning;

 

Did you marked Luhan's heart?

 

How did he never thought about that before? Brightening up someone's body and someone's heart is plainly different. Two different task; while one is not that difficult to do and don't even need to be consensual, the other requires love and trust, and time.

 

A lot of time.

 

"Sehun."

 

Said boy looked up to the soft whisper calling his name to see his boyfriend, a glint of concern behind those hazy clouds of envy in his eyes. He felt a soft hand his cheek bringing his face down, closer.

 

Sehun took satisfaction on having the power to illuminate all the stars on Luhan's eyes just by looking at him.

 

"I love you," Luhan said with so much sincerity in his voice and gaze that Sehun felt a pang in his chest for feeling suddenly insecure. Luhan tells him this so often, did he just think of Luhan as a liar? How could he doubt his love for him? Did he just think that Luhan could possibly give himself to someone he doesn't have feelings for?

 

All of Sehun's worries and questions faded away at the feel of warm lips moving against his.

 

 

 

 

 

Almost all.

 

...

 

 

***

 

 

Sitting on the bed, Luhan's soft snores were the only sound keeping company to Sehun's thoughts.

 

The overwhelming amount of questions twriling on his mind was giving him an headache. Not being able to respond any of them was aggravating the pain.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

Sehun turned around and watched Luhan yawning while sitting up and rubbing his eyes at the same time. He then posed his chin on Sehun's bare shoulder. Sehun smiled. "I just don't feel tired anymore, return to sleep." He brushed Luhan's fringe away, revealing his closed eyelids and placed a gentle peck on his nose.

 

Luhan's lips shaped into a firm line. With all the power he could muster, he lift both his arms and lazily warpped them around Sehun's waist. "You can tell me anything," he said with such honesty, it outdid his drowsiness. He opened his eyes and gazed right into Sehun's who fight the urge to look at something else. The half-full moon's light passing through the transparent curtains was showcasing Luhan's eyes, making them shine with determination. Difficult to breathe when they're staring right into your soul, difficult to look away.

 

Difficult to lie.

 

So, with a thin smile Sehun simply said, "I know," and hoped that the dreadful silence that engulfed them was not due to his shaky voice. He swallowed the lump on his throat as Luhan searched for more answers on his face. Thankfully, after a few seconds, Luhan yawned again and fell back on the sheets, putting the cover up his shoulders.

 

"You should try to sleep, even if tomorrow is sunday." he mumbled and re his slumber in no time.

 

Sehun sighed heavily and lied down. Turning his head, he looked at Luhan. A drool was forming at one corner of his lips slightly parted, his long eyelashes were fluttering every now and then, his dishevelled hair were so soft and tangled around Sehun's fingers. The same fingers smoothly slided down his nape, his spine and finished their journey on his lower back to bring him closer. Sehun tried to find comfort on the physical presence of his boyfriend.

 

Luhan was here, with him, and he was not going anywhere. So why were the questions still bothering him? Why were they on his head asking for responses Sehun himself didn't know?

 

Why was he so scared?

 

He didn't know what he was more afraid of; Luhan leaving him or the fact that this idea had rented on his mind. If his brain wanted answers, the only things he knew were that he wanted this thought to go away like it appeared; quickly, and that his love for Luhan won't change.

 

Almost smothering the boy in his arms, Sehun burrowed his nose deeper in Luhan's hair before closing his eyes and inhaling the sweet vanilla scent deeply. 

 

It won't change, he repeated over and over, praying that this thought will win the battle against his tiresome ones and settle on his mind for good.

 

 

 

 



Remember when on the chapter 'The Star', Sehun said Luhan could tell him anything and Luhan told him what was bothering him directly after?
Well, Sehun should apply what he says to others to himself. You think all the useless talks I put in the previous chapters were useless? Well, they're not that useless.
 
Also, just so you know, Sehun is as jealous as Luhan. While Luhan is the "please don't give that special look or smile at someone else" kind of jealous, Sehun is the "don't hold his hand, don't put your arm around him, just don't touch him, he's mine" kind of jealous. It's just that I write Luhan's "pov" more often. The only persons allowed by Sehun to touch Luhan are Kai and Baekhyun. x)
 
So yeah, Junmin's going to be a bother - of course - just so you know again.
See you guys!