Classmate

Growing Love

Kai was sitting at his table, waiting for the awesome history class to start. The teacher was late, it was kind of unusual, but he didn't think much about it; he was texting Sehun because he was bored and it's fun to annoy him. The last message he received from him was that he was going to die today, amazing best friend indeed... He stiffled a laugh when the door opened.

 

"Sorry I'm late!" The teacher said as he put his papers down. "From today on, you'll have a new classmate, welcome him well." He turned towards the door and gestured the new student to enter. Kai gasped.

 

"Hello I'm Kyungsoo." He bowed and, even if he was radiating stress, he kept on a smile. When they locked eyes, Kai saw how his eyes widened from horror.

 

The teacher nodded. "You can go to your seat."

 

And you know where was his table?

 

Yes, next to Kai's.

 

 

Wonderful.

 

 

Kyungsoo eyed the class nervously, looking for another table. But when he saw it was the last left, he sighed, and eventually went to sit next to the boy. Boy who whispered a 'Hey Kyungsoo' with a big grin on his face that Kyungsoo wanted to slap off but in the end, replied with a short nod, boy who kept on glancing at him and asking to do the work together as if they were friends and Kyungsoo just gave him a glare, which basically mean, 'don't talk to me', but it was useless, it's not like he was going to understand. He wanted to facepalm at Kai's stupidity.

 

When the morning classes were finally done, Kyungsoo hurriedly get up, hoping to not be seen by anyone. And he knew too well who he was referring as anyone, but unfortunately, that 'anyone' took his wrist when he was about to pass the door. Kyungsoo sighed and turned around to see a beaming Kai. Feeling a burning sensation on his hand, he hastily remove it from Kai's grip.

 

"What again, Kai?" he asked, sounding annoyed, annoyed by why his heart was beating suddenly fast.

 

"Let's go eat together!"

 

Kyungsoo looked up and sighed an "Okay.." It's true that he didn't know where was the cafeteria, he'd give Kai the satisfaction to help him for the first time since he came today.

 

When they arrived they took a tray of food before Kai led him to their usual table he assumes since Sehun and Luhan were there.

 

Seeing Kai and Kyungsoo sitting in front of them, the couple directly greeted them. But the frown on Kyungsoo's face lessen Luhan's smile. "Is something wrong?"

 

Kyungsoo looked at his right, as to tell Luhan 'Yes, this guy here.' He was watching with a disgusted look Kai happily eating his food.

 

Luhan was confused at why was Kyungsoo looking, no, staring at Kai. "Kyungsoo?"

 

He quickly face Luhan again. "Huh? Oh no, nothing's wrong.." Smiling while he took a bit of his food to reassure his friend and calm down his heart.

 

"Hello everybody!" Baekhyun said loudly, coming to their table. It was when he sat down next to Luhan that he noticed a new person. "Oh.. hi."

 

"Ah yes it's true, Baekhyun this is Kyungsoo, he's our new friend, he moved here not too long ago, he works with Sehun at the cafe and it's his first day at school."

 

"Oh I see!" Baekhyun nodded at Luhan and gave Kyungsoo a friendly smile. "Nice to meet you, I'm Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo greated him back with a little bow. This Baekhyun looked kind of energetic, he thought. It'd be a first for him to have such a friend.

 

"Where were you Baek?"

 

"With Chanyeol!" he replied excitedly, while sending a text to him. "He came during his break but he left already.."

 

Luhan patted his back. "You'll see him later." Baekhyun was still frowning but ended up humming.

 

"Chanyeol? Park Chanyeol?"

 

Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo with bright eyes. "You know him?!"

 

"Yes, I was in his school before, I saw him sometimes and heard a lot about him.."

 

"Really?! Because he's handsome right?! Or is it because he has a hot boyfriend?!" Kai scoffed but Baekhyun ignored it, keeping his grin intact.

 

"...Hum.. Not really... It's because.. He's kind of loud and... bothersome..." When Baekhyun gasped, Kyungsoo quickly added, "That's what the teachers says, not me!" But he just earn a louder gasp.

 

Kai started laughing. "Yeah, like his boyfriend."

 

Still in a state of shock, he furrowed his eyebrows and turned to Kai. "Shut. up. You know nothing! Those teachers neither! Chanyeol is perfect!"

 

"Right." Kai put his hand on his mouth, trying to suppress his laugh at Baekhyun murderous look.

 

 

***

 

 

After school, Kyungsoo had to work, they decided to go with him.

 

Jongdae was cleaning up the counter when he saw Sehun coming to the cafe on his day off. "Oh Sehun, really nice of you to show up but if you have forgotten, you're not working today."

 

"Can't I come here as a customer?"

 

Jongdae put his towel down and walked to the group of friends, hiding a scowl behind a sweet smile. "Of course you can..."

 

"So it's all good."

 

The little brat, as he likes to call him, was getting on his nerves, he frowned. "It was my way to tell you nicely that I'm tired of seeing your face."

 

"You take the words out of my mouth, so would you go get me a soda hyung?"

 

Sehun grinned at his victory as he watched Jongdae shaking but ending up doing his job. It feels great to win against him, it's worth the revenge Jongdae will surely give him later.

 

Kai sighed and shook his head. "You're so mean.."

 

"No, just funny."

 

Kai stared at him a second before turning to Luhan. "Are you sure you love this person? Like, really.. love?"

 

"You should instead ask Sehun why he's nice enough to accept to be your bestfriend."

 

Kai gawked. "Wh-wha- am I even talking to you?!" Baekhyun shrugged, keeping on drinking his juice. Kai clenched his fists, praying that he'll choke on it.

 

 

***

 

 

Kyungsoo's shift ended late on the evening, he told them several times to go, but they decided to wait him – expect Baekhyun who left some minutes ago when he received a call from Chanyeol. Kai made a mental note to thank the boy for all the times he had rid them of his crazy boyfriend. That and also if he really loves him. Knowing Baekhyun, he surely made him forcefully sign a contract or he's threatening him, maybe he has one of Chanyeol's family member in hostage.

 

 

...

 

 

He'll ask him.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm done, we can go. Thanks for waiting fpr me."

 

"It's nothing Kyungsoo." Sehun smiled, gently patting the head of his boyfriend sleeping on his shoulder. Kai wouldn't have roll his eyes and wished he left earlier if his awesome bestfriend didn't bend down and kiss Luhan when the boy woke up. Even if he granted him the fact that Luhan's 'just wake up' face may be cute, Kai would be grateful if he resisted and wait ten or at worst fifteen freaking minutes to be at home, alone. Damn, was it too much to ask?

 

Kyungsoo coughed, and Kai thanked him inwardly because they would have never stop otherwise. It was great that they loved each other and all the bla bla, Kai didn't mind if they showed their affections, no, it was normal. Just, not physically and especially, please, not in front of him.

 

They arrived in front of their appartment, and this time, Luhan went up to Sehun's house leaving Kai and Kyungsoo alone.

 

"Well..." Kai began, "See you?"

 

Kyungsoo nodded and was about to go home when,

 

"Wait!" He turned around again, waiting for Kai to speak, but he was just blinking rapidly and Kyungsoo found it rather cute.

 

 

No wait.

 

 

He didn't.

 

 

...

 

 

"W-what?" Kyungsoo gulped, he really wanted to go up now that he felt his cheeks heating up.

 

Kai blinked. "Oh uh.. If you need help, I don't know, about the school, or if you need someone to show you the area... ask me."

 

Kyungsoo quickly nodded, he waved and get inside, not turning around. He felt sick since a few days, okay, since the day he met Kai, and he couldn't push away the fact that it was the worst when the boy was next to him. When he ran upstairs and closed the door of his bedroom, he leaned on it and put an hand on his chest, breathing in and out, trying to calm his loud heart.

 

 


What is wrong with me...?

 

 

 



Ha! Kyungsoo saying the same sentence Luhan said when he started to fall in love with Sehun....
:> I have some news for you Kyungsoo...
x) poor Kai... everybody hate him if it wasn't for Luhan...
Such awesome friends he has!
Thanks~