Maybe

Growing Love

With a groan, Luhan reached over to stop that freaking alarm clock. He fell back on bed and closed his eyes to lazily open them again because let's face it. It was monday and monday meant school.

 

Sehun was still sleeping, so Luhan poked his cheek and called his name at the same time. The boy didn't even stir so Luhan started shaking him, gently at first but ended up doing it quite roughly. He knew Sehun was awake now; his deep frown spoke enough, but he refused to open his eyes.

 

"I know you're awake, just wake up."

 

Sehun turned his body the other way.

 

With a sigh, Luhan closed his eyes, deciding that he could grab some more minutes in bed. They'll just not eat this morning.

 

After ten minutes that didn't seem like it, he sat up and rubbed his eyes. Looking at his left, he saw Sehun and thought he was lucky he could go back to sleep so easily.

 

He didn't even have the time to wash his face that he heard the door. Frowning, he looked from the bathroom and of course, Sehun didn't hear anything.

 

He trailed his way to the front door and when he opened it, the sleep on his eyes was gone in an instant.

 

"Hey Sehu–"

 

The smiling boy stopped and they stared at each other until Luhan noticed that the boy gaze went down his tights.

 

His tights.

 

With horror he looked back at the person, still staring by the way, and his first thought was to close the door and run somewhere far, far from here. Tugging his oversized shirt down and trying to hide as much skin as he could, he put on a shaking smile,

 

"H-hey..!" He opened the door fully and... well, he ran back to the bathroom and swiftly closed the door. Not caring that he just welcomed someone with his messy hair, he took a quick shower and changed in his uniform, cursing Sehun as he stumbled to put his trousers and shooting daggers at his lump on the bed, as he buttoned up his shirt. He shook him one last time before running on the lounge, his tie and blazer on hand.

 

With his head down, he made light steps and sat beside the boy on the couch. When the latter noticed him, Luhan turned his head slowly and gave him a little smile.

 

"Hey Junmin... I- uhm, sorry for.. sorry."

 

He chuckled and Luhan looked at him, "You really didn't change." he said after noticing the faint blush on Luhan cheeks. "It's okay, no need to apologize."

 

Luhan smiled slightly. He then asked Junmin why he came back in Korea. Unlike Luhan who was forced to live here with his aunt at a young age because of his parents being too busy and having all his close relatives living in Korea, Junmin said that he waited until he was old enough to return here. Because, even if Junmin loved being in Beijing, where his parents were now settled, Seoul was where he was born and grew up, where he met his friends.

 

Where he met Luhan.

 

But he choose to omit this part.

 

Luhan nodded slowly. "But, what are you doing here? You're here for Sehun?"

 

"Ah, yes, I was hoping we could go to school together since it's my first day."

 

That's when Luhan realized that Junmin had the same uniform as him, he gasped. "You're coming to our school! But wait.. how do you know Sehun?"

 

"Because I met him at the cafe a few days ago," Sehun said, walking to stand in front of the two boys, tying his tie. With a frown on his face, he looked at Luhan. "There's better way to wake me up you know?"

 

Luhan scowled. "You were taking too much time."

 

"I'm tired, that's all."

 

"Hey, I'm tired too! And it's all your fault!"

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow. "You sure?" He took great pleasure on seeing Luhan's eyes widening from realization and his face turning red, deep red. The boy snatched his blazer and almost ran towards the door while mumbling, "Let's go or we'll be late."

 

Sehun laughed while putting his shoes then followed him. Junmin get up, not understanding what just happened. Walking next to them, a lot of questions was bugging his mind as he saw Sehun looking ahead with a smile that almost look like a smirk, and Luhan looking at his feet with a little frown, a pink color on his cheeks. He decided not to broke the silence, he was surely imagining thing.

 

Arrived at school, they walked Junmin to his class, bid him goodbyes and told him they were going to meet later at lunch before going to their class which was one floor below. Before walking down the stairs, they heard voices from the corridor leading to the lockers.

 

Familiar voices.

 

"What is this you sleep at Sehun's house often?!"

 

"It's none of your business."

 

"It is–"

 

"Kyungsoo's right you know, even if it was true, it's not your problem. Except if..."

 

"Except if what?"

 

"If you're jealous."

 

"What?! I'm not!"

 

"Sure..."

 

"..Should I remind you that my best friend has a boyfriend? I think Luhan won't be that happy to hear about it."

 

"I won't."

 

The three jumped at the new voice and turned their heads to see a frowning, quite shocked Luhan, next to an usual blank face Sehun coming to them.

 

"What does Kai mean by Kyungsoo sleeping with you?" Luhan asked, looking offended.

 

Sehun shook his head. "He's just saying nonsense, nothing new."

 

"What?!" Kai cried, he walked to Sehun with a scowl. "You said it yourself!"

 

"And you believed me?"

 

Kai opened his mouth to retort but closed it just after.

 

"I think you know who's my boyfriend right? I don't want to finish at the hospital."

 

Luhan smacked Sehun's arm. "Hey!"

 

"He's right. Seriously Luhan, if you knew that Kyungsoo, even if it's Kyungsoo, slept at Sehun's house sometimes, or just one time, either Sehun will end up his life eating with a straw, or forget he could walk before. Or both."

 

Luhan looked at Baekhyun with a shocked face. How could his best friend thought such a thing about him? He'd never do something like that! He's not that cruel! He'd just talk to Sehun! Yes, talk! And Sehun would just explain why Kyungsoo slept at his house during his absence and why it looks so much like he was cheating on him, yes! And like two adults, without using violence, they'd discuss and Luhan would tell him it's not okay and that he better not do it again. And, to make Sehun understands that he really better not do it again because Luhan would be a little bit slightly really angry, he'd slap him a little, just a little. And maybe, if he's lucky, Sehun would finish at the hospital, ending up his life eating with a straw and forget he could walk before and

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Oh.

 

 

 

 

"And!" Baekhyun started again, "Kai you know it as well as everyone here. So you're just jealous."

 

"Yah! This is not true! I'm not jea–"

 

"Argh shut up! Because of you I almost forgot that I didn't see my baby for several months!" Baekhyun grinned and hugged Luhan tightly. "Welcome home!" He pulled away and cupped Luhan's face. "You didn't change.." He sniffed and wiped a fake tear. "Still cute and beautiful as ever. Like me."

 

"I was gone for a week..."

 

Baekhyun gasped. "Really?! Felt like years!" He took Luhan's arm and tugged him down the stairs. "I have to tell you about my dates with Chanyeol! What do you want to hear first? The night or the day part? Not that they're really different."

 

"Baeeek..." Luhan whined.

 

"Okay for the night part!"

 

 


 

 

At the cafeteria, when the group settled on their seats, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo who didn't know him yet, welcomed the new boy with warm greetings. Baekhyun seemed really excited to meet Luhan's old friend, asking him a lot of questions like how he met Luhan. The latter replied at Junmin's place, saying that he was the only one not having a friend on second grade and Junmin gently came to him, they stayed together after. Baekhyun cooed and thanked Junmin for taking care of his child. Junmin looked at him confusedly but smiled.

 

Sometimes, Junmin would glance at the two boys sitting at his right, and caught Sehun wiping Luhan's mouth. Kai in front of them would have a disgusted face and make a remark like,

 

"Get a room."

 

And Luhan would give him a shy smile, Sehun a glare, Baekhyun a death glare and Kyungsoo would stay silent.

 

All the questions Junmin had on his mind this morning came back and he decided to ask the one which was bothering him the most.

 

"Did you guys had a sleepover yesterday?"

 

Kai scoffed. "A sleepover? This two?"

 

Junmin looked confused, even more after seeing Luhan slowly chewing the remaining of his vegetables, looking at nothing but his plate, and blushing slightly.

 

"What, you don't know? Sehun is Luhan's boyfriend."

 

Junmin whirled his head towards Baekhyun, his eyes wide. "His what?!"

 

Luhan looked at Junmin with a hurtful expression. "Is it that shocking? You sound like it's impossible for me to have a boyffriend..."

 

Collecting his thoughts, and the new information he just heard, Junmin looked back at him. "I... It's not that, It's just.. You've always been so shy and... It's just... Well, I didn't expect that.."

 

"Don't worry Luhan," Baekhyun said after seeing the pout on his best friend's face. "Whatever people think, Sehun is your boyfriend, and you love him and he loves you, and well... a lot more than I thought..." he mumbled the last part.

 

Luhan frowned. Baekhyun was staring at him weirdly as if he was trying to show him something. And grinning as he he knew something. He was also touching a spot on the side of his neck repeatedly as if he was trying to make Luhan understand that he had something on his own and,

 

 

 

Oh.

 

 

 

With trembling fingers, Luhan quickly adjusted his collar, looking at his blank plate as if it was the most interesting thing in the world, also trying not to pay attention to Baekhyun's quiet laughter and praying that nobody saw what he was desperatly trying to hide.

 

As soon as lunch time was over, Baekhyun took Luhan's hand and led him to the nearest bathroom, closing the door behind. With a wide grin, he clasped his hand together making Luhan flinch.

 

"How did it happen?"

 

And before Luhan could ask what he meant – even if he had an idea – Baekhyun stepped closer and pulled his collar down earning a gasp.

 

"Baek!"

 

"Wow..." he said in wonder looking at the mark on Luhan's pale skin. "Sehun is skillful..."

 

"Wha–"

 

"He should teach Chanyeol."

 

"Wha–" Luhan blinked.  "...What?!"

 

"You think Sehun will be okay?" he asked, tapping a message to Chanyeol.

 

"What?! Baek stop!" Luhan opened the door, and get out. While fixing his collar, he heard Baekhyun catching up, he gave him a side glance. "You're totally insane."

 

"No, you're just no fun. But enough about me, how did it happen? When did it happen? I want to know! Tell me! Tell me!"

 

"I'm not telling you anything, and, hey! Let go of my arm!"

 

Baekhyun frowned then shrugged. "Okay, I don't care, I put a camera in your room a long time ago anyway, I'll just watch."

 

"It wasn't on my roo–" Luhan totally regretted saying this after seeing Baekhyun's wide toothy grin.

 

"Such a great information! Tell me more!"

 

Luhan groaned and took hasty steps to his class, leaving Baekhyun behind.

 

 


 

 

Later that day, Luhan and Junmin were at the cinema waiting for the film to begin.

 

Luhan already finished his popcorn and was now sipping his soda, looking at the black screen. Junmin smiled because even after five years, he didn't get rid of his habits.

 

Everytime, the film would start and he'd have already finish eveything, and everytime, he'd pout slightly after realizing that he has nothing to sip anymore.

 

Naturally, Junmin gave him the rest of his half-full drink. Not that he was really thirsty. Luhan beamed and thankfully took it from him.

 

"Wait!" Junmin exclaimed, a little too loudly, earning a 'shhh' from someone in front of them, but Luhan already had his mouth around the straw. It's when the latter asked him what was wrong that Junmin noticed he was staring at his lips. He quickly looked back at Luhan's eyes, his curious eyes.

 

"...Oh nothing." he smiled, and Luhan returned it, looking back at the screen.

 

It took some more time for Junmin to refocus on the film. He remembered when one day, a seven years old Luhan asked him to drink from another bottle, to not share "An indirect first kiss". Junmin found the idea really funny and had a good laugh that day. But now that it happened, especially with Luhan, it did feel weird... But the fact that Luhan didn't remember or worse, didn't care made his heart ache slightly...

 

 

***

 

 

"It was great!"

 

"What?"

 

"The film!"

 

Junmin looked at Luhan who had an amused expression. "Ah, yeah... It was great..." He managed a little smile, hiding the fact that he couldn't even tell the name of one character. He was way too busy with his thoughts.

 

Too busy glancing at Luhan.

 

"I'm going home, want to come?"

 

Luhan was grinning, so of course, Junmin couldn't say no. Not that he didn't want to spend the rest of the day with Luhan.

 

"Of course."

 

"Yay!" Luhan took his arm and led him to his house which was not too far from the movie theater. Junmin smiled, it was like before, like one of those days together. Just the two of them.

 

The sun was barely up but enough to cast his rays on Luhan's face. He was literally glowing. His golden hair looked so soft, his skin was perfect, his eyes were like two brown lakes reflecting a million stars, his lips were rosy and the smile that they were forming could beat the sun on a shining contest.

 

Suddenly, Luhan stopped walking and was looking at something in the distance. That was when Junmin took his eyes off of his face and followed his gaze.

 

Ah, yes, now he understood why Luhan's eyes were much brighter. A few meters in front of them, walking in the opposite direction, that is, towards them, was Sehun looking at his phone, oblivious to his surroundings. But soon enough, he'd notice; Luhan let go of Junmin's arm to sprint towards Sehun who caught him just in time. He looked surprised at the sudden attack, but when his eyes landed on his assailant, a smile made his way to his face.

 

Junmin wanted to left, to go away, to disappear. But when his eyes locked with Sehun, he instantly waved and took a few steps to be next to them.

 

"Hey Junmin," Sehun greeted, Junmin replied with what he hoped passed as a smile. Sehun then turned his attention towards the boy beaming in his arms. "What are you doing here?"

 

Luhan frowned and removed his arms around Sehun to cross them over his chest. "Hello to to you too." he said bitterly. "What are you doing here? Aren't you a bit early?"

 

"I wanted to see you."

 

"Yeah, and why are you– what?"

 

Sehun smiled and put his arms back around his now frowning from curiosity boyfriend, before giving him a simple, soft kiss. With his lips hovering over Luhan's, he repeated, "I wanted to see you."

 

Luhan stared into Sehun's eyes and blinked a few times, his cheeks warmed up by the seconds because of Sehun's closeness. The taller noticed and started laughing, making Luhan came back to his senses and giving his still laughing boyfriend a harsh slap on the chest.

 

But Junmin knew that even if Luhan was still frowning, the little smile on his face as he took Sehun's hand meant that he was more than pleased to see his boyfriend.

 

He felt a pang in his chest but ignored it, he should be glad to see Luhan happy.

 

"Well, I'm going home."

 

Luhan finally looked at him. "Really? You sure you don't want to come?"

 

Junmin nodded, knowing that if spoke, his voice would crack, and he didn't want that. He won't be able to explain them why.

 

Heck, he won't even be able to explain it to himself.

 

"Oh.. okay.. maybe another time," Luhan said with a smile.

 

As much as he tried to stop it, the sting came back. Prickling his heart at each step the couple was taking away from him. Stabbing his heart when he saw their still linked hands.

 

He thought the pain would stop when they'll disappear inside of Sehun's appartment building, but no, it was worse.

 

Looking at the close door was making his heart ache.

 

He shouldn't feel like that if Luhan's happy, he should share the same feeling, but he couldn't. He didn't know why, he just couldn't.

 

 

 

Maybe... maybe it was because he was not the reason behind his happiness...?

 

 

 

 



Yehet for Junmin!
Oh, could you please give me fics?
I have some to read already, but I need more for when I'm going to school, (since I'm starting this week) and during breaks.
If you can help me, thanks! :)
(Hunhan of course hehehe)