Feeling

Growing Love

After going home, Junmin realized how much he wasn't feeling well when he left the couple last night.

 

In bed, his heart was heavy, he wasn't thinking properly. By not thinking properly, he meant wanting a blond haired boy by his side, or better, on his arms instead of the dark night accompanying him for more than a few years now. But maybe, by not thinking properly, he should mean thinking wrongly because the boy of his dream was sitting in front of him.

 

Next to his boyfriend.

 

Not that they were doing anything besides eating but, just the fact to know what was going on between them is a lot already. Junmin tried to calm down his emotions. Especially that annoying feeling called anger which was really not welcomed right now. But seeing them together, so close, with Luhan admiring Sehun as if he was the most beautiful thing in the world wasn't helping.

 

Because, yes, anyone could see that look Luhan had when he stared at Sehun, clearly different from the look he gives to anyone else. Not that Junmin cared about how Luhan looked at other people, but the fact that he was in that category made the ache came back again.

 

That twinkle on Luhan's eyes as if he was looking at something precious, something he treasured,

 

Something he loved.

 

Junmin averted his gaze, he was hurting himself. He took a little bit of his food, not feeling hungry, not feeling the taste...

 

 


 

 

Junmin just finished his last class of the day and Luhan too. He was making his way to said boy's locker where he would wait for him so they could go to the library after.

 

He was going to spend some times with Luhan, only Luhan. And he was sure that his boyfriend wouldn't be here since he was going to work.

 

Nothing bad about wanting to spend time with your old friend alone, right? Nothing bad about being excited about it, right?

 

He let out a sigh when he saw that he was a few minutes early. He took a few steps, the view of the blue lockers formed a smile on his face only for it to drop a second after.

 

From where he was, he could see Luhan with someone in front of him. No need to recognize the person's back, the way Luhan was looking at him meant that it was Sehun.

 

There was that same twinkle in his eyes, with something more, like, a hint of love. Not that it was not here before, but it was heighten, more visible.

 

After putting some books on his locker, Sehun closed it and turned again to face Luhan and take his hand. Junmin frowned slightly. He remembered when some weeks after he met the boy, Luhan's mother asked him to take care of his only son. Whenever Luhan tried to take his hand because he was scared, Junmin would push it away, too embarrassed about doing it in public. He felt bad now that he thought about it.. viewing that Sehun do it naturally and looked so proud after.

 

Sehun also didn't care that there were some students passing by seeing their interaction. Some girls were gasping and halting their steps to have a better view, some also didn't look that pleased and continued their way.

 

The couple was in their own world, not caring about what was happening around them. As if their love was enough to shield them. Sehun leaned in and took Luhan's lips for a kiss. Junmin swore he heard someone fainting behind, and then a loud gasp next to him.

 

"So cute!"

 

Junmin almost jumped from shock at the shriek on his ear. He was also surprised to see the person holding his phone tightly and taking photos from the two kissing boys.

 

"Baekhyun?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"W-what are you doing?"

 

"Taking some pictures, is there a problem?" Baekhyun asked back, capturing Luhan's love struck grin while Sehun his hair. So cute!

 

"I... I think they won't be that happy to know you take photos when they're... intimate.." The last word sounded bitter in his mouth, hopefully Baekhyun didn't notice.

 

"Ah, don't worry, I do that all the time. And, they should be grateful I'm the only one doing this."

 

Junmin furrowed his eyebrows from confusion. "What do you mean?"

 

"Well," Baekhyun began, still not done taking pictures even if the couple was just talking. "When he first came here, because of his handsome features, Sehun had an horde of fangirls. He still has them, and they were super angry when they heard the news about the Ice Prince having a boyfriend."

 

"..Ice Prince?"

 

"Yeah... you know, fangirls have a lot of nicknames for him. Anyway, they were greatly jealous so they tried to make the life of kissable-lips' boyfriend an hell."

 

"What?! What have they done?!" Junmin looked at Baekhyun with wide eyes. Ignoring the awful nickname, he was too concerned about what they could have done to Luhan.

 

Baekhyun still staring at his two, really close, friends a few meters in front of him but not taking photos anymore, replied, "Oh nothing. I said they tried to. When they found out who their God-like King's boyfriend was, they didn't dare to do anything."

 

"Why?" 

 

"Because they know who's Luhan's best friend."

 

Junmin blinked. "What? You?"

 

Baekhyun nodded, giving Junmin a smug grin. "If they touch Luhan once, they know who will make which life an hell. What I'm saying is, they were scared and they're still are. "

 

"What are you two talking about?"

 

They both turned their heads to see Luhan looking highly interested in their conversation.

 

"Uhh nothi–"

 

"We were talking about how cute you look when you're with your beloved Sehun." Baekhyun answered, clasping his hands together.

 

Luhan blinked, his smile visibly falling. Looking not that intrigued anymore. "Oh," was the only small sound that came out of his mouth, embarrassed about the fact that some persons witnessed their little moment.

 

"Awww so cute!" Baekhyun pinched his pink-tinted cheeks, igoring the deer protests and whines.

 

 

***

 

 

Luhan was engrossed in a book, his arms crossed on the table holding his face and his blond bangs hiding his concentrated eyes.

 

They didn't talk a lot since they came here twenty minutes ago, but doing his homeworks, Junmin was contented with the sight.

 

"What romantic story are you reading?" he eventually asked after a few minutes of staring at the boy in front of him who was turning the pages slowly.

 

Luhan looked up, blinking by surprise at the sudden voice pulling him off of his imaginary world. "Huh? oh, uh– wait, how do you know it's a romantic book?"

 

"You've always read romantic novels. You said you liked to imagine yourself as the hero on hold of the perfect person coming into your world." Junmin couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of an eight years old Luhan telling him this in all seriousness, after reading Sleeping Beauty. The adorable blush that bloomed on Luhan's face and his little frown made Junmin laugh even more. He couldn't stop, well that was, until Luhan let out a huff and spoke up.

 

"Laugh all you want, I don't care now that I found him."

 

Looking at Luhan, Junmin saw his loving smile and the same sparkling eyes whenever he looked at that particular person, or think about him in that case.

 

All trace of joy left his face as Luhan's smile grew bigger.

 

"And you?" Luhan asked after leaving his dreamy state. "Do you have someone?"

 

Junmin scoffed inwardly at the question. "Well, I had a girlfriend on my first month in Beijing, it didn't last long though, one week I think." After seeing Luhan's curious face he continued, "My chinese was really poor at that time. It's still is, but with my actual knowledge of the language, I could have keep her longer, maybe two weeks?"

 

Luhan laughed and quickly covered his mouth, looking around with wide eyes for being a little too loud in a library – not that it was crowded. Junmin smiled, happy to have witnessed his cute behavior and even more by being the reason behind it.

 

Half an hour later, when the library was going to close, Luhan put his book in his bag and stood up.

 

"So, let's go home?"

 

Nothing could take Junmin's current grin away. Not the chilly weather, not the fact that he didn't finished his homeworks because too busy staring at something more intersting – or someone, not the scream of his teacher when he'd find out. No, nothing. He was walking to Luhan's home, going to spend some more time with him.

 

Alone.

 

"Hey Kai!" Luhan called and waved his hand in the air when he saw the boy. Despite being a bit far from him, Luhan could see the dejected expression on his friend who after turning his head, noticed Luhan and gave him a little forced smile.

 

Luhan's arm fell back on his side, a frown making his way to his face. He wanted to run to the boy now crossing the road with his hands in pockets and gaze never leaving his shoes, but decided not to. Kai didn't wait the traffic light to turn green and started walking the moment Luhan called his name. Not that a lot of cars were passing, this street is always quiet, but his hasty steps were as if he was trying to tell Luhan he wanted to avoid any confrontation with him. it was making Luhan worried since Kai was not the type of person to have such a crestfallen face.

 

And even more worried because Kai got out of Sehun's building.

 

Meaning that he surely visited Kyungsoo.

 

"What... just happened...?"

 

"...I don't know." Luhan replied to Junmin, his frown deepening at the possibility of Kai and Kyungsoo having an argument. Hopefully he was wrong.

 

When they got inside Luhan's appartment a few minutes later, the latter told Junmin to make himself comfortable, that he was going to change and come back soon.

 

Luhan walked into his bedroom and closed the door with his foot, his mind filled of what could have happened to Kai. He removed his trouser and changed into a grey sweetpant before removing his blazer and putting it on his bed. He then untied his tie. Maybe they had a bicker, like everytime.. but wait, no, Kai never look so... down after. He started ing his shirt. Maybe he didn't visit Kyungsoo... no it's also impossible, why would he get out of his building then? Maybe he visited Sehun...?

 

In both case, it's weird...

 

He removed his shirt, posing it next to his blazer. Still lost in his thoughts, he reached for his black shirt without looking because he knew it was on his pillow. But instead of feeling something fluffy and warm, his hand get in contact with something tough and soft. Something that felt a lot like

 

A shoulder?

 

Whirling his head, he was met with two brown eyes. Luhan jumped back.

 

"Sehun! Wh-what are you–"

 

"I was sitting on the couch behind you. I called your name but you didn't reply nor notice me, but I forgive you for the little show you gave me."

 

Luhan blinked two,

 

Three,

 

Four times,

 

And gasped.

 

"Y-you were here th-the whole time?!" Luhan asked horrified, and he grew even more mortified when, instead of replying, Sehun stared at him with a crooked smile. Luhan looked next to the boy sitting on the edge of the bed and saw his sweatshirt neatly folded on his pillow.

 

With wide eyes, he quickly reached for it, pulling it over his head and down his bare chest. He covered himself with his arms as if it could protect him more, or better, making Sehun forgot about what he just saw. Not that his boyfriend never saw him , it wasn't the problem. Well, right now, it kind of was, but it was not the same. He ducked his head, suddenly feeling really, really self-conscious.

 

Sehun didn't seem to mind though. If anything, he found the boy refusing to look up really adorable. He took Luhan's wrist and yanked him down, earning a little "Eep" from the blond boy at the sudden force bringing his body flat on a chest, and his face close, really close to a grinning boy staring right into his wide, shocked eyes.

 

A grinning boy who enjoyed seeing the dust of pink on his cheeks turning bright red.

 

"Seh–" Luhan tried to say weakly but the last syllab died in his mouth as Sehun closed the thin gap that was separating their lips.

 

Even if surprised by the sudden attack, Luhan rapidly got used to it as he closed his eyes and curled his fists onto sehun's shirt. The owner of said shirt holding him close and the back of his hair, each touches making Luhan squirm with pleasure.

 

For a few minutes, Luhan was lost in the fruity scent of his boyfriend, only feeling his soothing brushes of fingers along his spine, the move of his lips he was pleasurably returning. His mind was blank.

 

Well, blank until after Sehun finished giving the side of his jaw and his ear a little attention, and trailed his mouth back on Luhan's, asking for access again. Luhan felt a tongue poking at his lips but suddenly pulled away, gasping for air.

 

He saw the confused, trailing towards mad, trailing towards disappointed look on the boy who was underneath him a second ago, now sitting on the bed with a frown, but Luhan couldn't care less at the moment as he was desesperatly trying to flatten his hair, mumbling something about 'too much time', 'couch', 'waiting' that Sehun didn't quite understand.

 

Ignoring his boyfriend's lost look, Luhan cuped his cheeks, patting it, hoping that his cold hands would reduce the red color on them. "Junmin, is here!" he finally said out of breath because he was now roughly tapping his face, looking at Sehun hopelessly.

 

The boy opened his mouth just for Luhan to cut him.

 

"I said I was going to come back soon! He's waiting for I don't know how many– oh God! What will I tell him?!"

 

"Just tell him the truth."

 

Luhan stopped slapping his skin and slowly turned his head towards Sehun to see his blank face, as if what he said was the easiest thing to tell.

 

"You're kidding right? You want me to go see my friend who's waiting for at least fifteen minutes now, and reply to his 'what took you so long?' with, ooh nothing, I was just making out with my boyfriend after giving him a ?!"

 

"Not forced to tell him about the last thing, but yeah, that's what I meant by just tell him the truth."

 

Luhan narrowed his eyes and shook his head slowly.

 

"You're totally insane. You should really stop hanging out with Baekhyun. And are you God? Because I asked him, not you!"

 

Sehun shrugged. "I thought you wanted a rapid answer."

 

Luhan groaned and left the room.

 

The boy sitting on the couch turned around at the sound of someone coming, he smiled. "Hey, what were you doin–" He blinked when he saw someone behind Luhan. "Sehun?" Junmin wanted to ask him what he was doing here, why he was ruining his alone time with Luhan but when the tall boy greeted a "Hey Junmin," it removed all the questions on Junmin's mind. And thankfully, because he didn't have the right to ask what he was doing on his boyfriend's house. Now that the attention wasn't on him, Luhan took the opportunity to flee in the kitchen.

 

Junmin looked intently at Sehun, as though to be sure he was really here, and maybe disappear if he stared enough. The boy didn't notice as he sat down at the other end of the couch and asked, "So, what are you watching?"

 

"..A documentary.. I always liked wild animals, especially lions."

 

"Really? Me too, we like one thing in common."

 

That's not the only thing... Junmin thought, diverting his gaze from the smiling Sehun and back on TV.

 

"Hum..." They both tuned their heads to see Luhan biting his lips, posing a pizza on the table. "I don't have time to cook something, I'm sorry..."

 

Junmin was the first to speak. "Don't worry, it's fine." Followed by Sehun's reassuring smile and nod.

 

Luhan smiled lightly and sat down. While he was cutting the pizza, Junmin thought it was funny how he was sitting between him and Sehun. He started imagining in his head Luhan being asked with you he wanted to be. He smiled and thanked Luhan when the boy gave him the first part of pizza. It was maybe ridiculous, but Junmin was pleased, bitting on it gleefully, as if he won the game.

 

As if Luhan chose him.

 

But he soon understands that if he won the game his mind just created, Sehun won the prize.

 

Just after giving him his slice of pizza, Luhan scooted to the other side of the couch.

 

Sehun then put an arm around him. Junmin told himself it was because it was more comfortable like this, but no, Sehun did this to bring Luhan closer to him.

 

Of course...

 

And as if the pain pressing his heart wasn't enough, a few minutes later, Luhan took Sehun's fingers to play with them. Absentmindly he presumed, since his gaze was on the two lions fighting each other.

 

No need to say that Junmin wasn't hungry anymore.

 

Worse, it was like if he ate anything right now, he'll throw up. But he took another bit of his part of pizza and even finished it in the end because of Luhan's worried look. He knew that the boy felt bad about not giving him home-cooking food and he didn't want to give him false assumptions and make his mood drop even more.

 

He wondered which mood he was talking about...

 

After finding an excuse and faking a smile, Junmin left, leaving the couple watching the rest of the documentary.

 

 

***

 

 

Sehun was lying on the bed, waiting for his boyfriend to finish brushing his teeth. He saw on the nightstand the book Luhan was reading when he get out of the shower. He looked at the white cover with nothing but the big title on top, written on red;

 

Growing love

 

With a little smile, Sehun shook his head. Luhan will never stop reading those kind of books. The summary was the typical two boys fighting over a girl or something like that. Scoffing about it, he didn't hear Luhan coming back from the bathroom and getting under the blanket, but he felt him posing his head on his shoulder. Sehun instantly wrapped his arm around him.

 

"What's the end?"

 

Not understanding what Sehun was talking about, Luhan looked up to see the book in Sehun's hand and closed his eyes again. "I don't know, I didn't finish it yet."

 

Sehun had a sudden urge to read the last few pages and know which boys the girl choose. He surprised himself because it was really not the kind of story he'd read.

 

"You'll tell me?" He got no reply. "Luhan?"

 

The boy was already sleeping, his left hand clutching Sehun's shirt at every little puff of breath he let out of his lips slightly parted.

 

Sehun posed the book back on the nightstand and turned off the light of the table lamp. He put his other arm around Luhan, circling his waist. Burying his nose on his boyfriend's hair and inhaling his strawberry scent, he closed his eyes.

 

He would just ask Luhan again, when he would be done reading it.