Tension

Growing Love

"But I–"

 

"No."

 

"Lu–"

 

"No, Sehun!"

 

"Luhaaaann.." Sehun whined and fell back on the bed.

 

"You're sick, you're staying here." Luhan stated firmly with his hands on his hips while looking down at Sehun with a frown.

 

Sehun put a pillow on his face and whined. He couldn't believe what was happening to him. He could have spend the day before with Luhan, he even planned some things like going to the amusement park since it been so long, also, a visit to Luhan's aunt – who Sehun likes a lot because she sometimes tells him embarrassing stories about her nephew – and maybe finish the day at the restaurant or at home but he didn't plan having a fever and staying on bed, coughing and sneezing and feeling extremely hot and bad.

 

So much for just wanting to spend time with his boyfriend... Sehun thought as he watched Luhan getting ready to go to school.

 

Luhan was putting books on his bag when Sehun said, "I have work later today, I'm going." He turned around and saw Sehun crossing his arms with his frown pratically yelling 'you won't stop me'. Luhan sighed and shook his head, getting up from his crouched position next to nightstand, he took a few steps to sat down next to Sehun who was intently watching his every move.

 

"I will go at your place, okay?" He smiled, trying to contain his laugh threatening to come out because of Sehun's face turning into a weird grimace.

 

"You're going nowhere," Sehun said, his voice lower than usual due to his sore throat. "My shift end at 9pm, I won't let you come home this late."

 

Luhan pouted. "Hey, I'm not a child."

 

But you look like one, Sehun wanted to say but kept it inside because being sick is better than being dead.

 

"Plus, the cafe is ten minutes away from here." Sehun opened his mouth but nothing came out when Luhan passed his hand through his hair, gently it. Sehun could only stare with his mouth hang open at Luhan's mesmerizing smile. "And it's not like I'll be alone, there will be Yura and Jongdae, and maybe Kyungsoo."

 

That's the problem Sehun frowned, if Luhan goes there without someone to protect him, Jongdae won't stop touching him and hugging him and telling him how cute he is. He could call Yura and ask her to take care of Luhan so that doesn't happen, but she'll surely do the same so...

 

"I'll call Kyungsoo, if he's not working today, you're not going."

 

"Ashhh Sehun stop! It'll be fine, don't worry."

 

Between coughs and complains, Sehun could only accept as Luhan pushed him down, put the blanket higher and planted a peck on his forehead.

 

 


 

 

"Please Luhan, stay with us forever!"

 

"Let go of him, he can't breathe!" Yura tugged Luhan towards her, protecting him from Jongdae's bone-crushing hugs. Luhan looked at her with a little thankful smile making Yura bit her lips because too much cuteness was radiating from this boy, how can someone be this adorable and endearing and sweet and lovable and –

 

"Y-Yura.. I can't breathe.." Luhan panted. She just smiled wider in response, little pleased sounds passing through her lips and tears forming on the corner of her eyes because Luhan is too cuddly, too perfect, too much of an angel to actually be on her arms so she hugged him tighter, afraid that he might disappear when she wakes up.

 

"Yura, you're killing him.." Jongdae shook his head, watching with pity Luhan's face turning redder because of Yura's arms tightening around his neck.

 

"Not my fault if he's so perfect," Yura chirped and finally let go of Luhan who was finally able to take deep breaths.

 

"He would be if he wasn't dating Sehun, but oh well, every human beings have flaws."

 

Yura smiled after noticing Luhan blinking at Jongdae who returned in the cafe while humming a tone. "Don't worry, Jongdae actually likes Sehun a lot." She saw that Luhan wasn't really believing her if his frown was any indication. But he just looked so much cuter like that, she crossed her arms to not hug her adorable angel. "Remember Minseok? He doesn't come here often but I think you saw him once." Luhan nodded. "Well, Minseok has a friend, he's a teacher on your school, hum... Junmyeon, I think."

 

"Mr. Kim? He's our history teacher."

 

"History?" Yura shouted with disgust as she munches on a muffin she just found. "How boring... but yes, him. He told Minseok about a student having difficulties finding a job, Minseok then told Jongdae one day about that student who also happen to have lost his mother."

 

Luhan stared at Yura with wide eyes as he listened the story with great interest. It was after all, his boyfriend she was talking about.

 

"Imagining all the difficulties the student must be passing through, Jongdae felt really bad so he gave him a job here. Sehun was really thankful of course, he bowed a lot that day and when Jongdae spot wetness on his eyes, he freaked out and said something along the lines of 'I'm your king, don't cry'? yeah, something like that. Since then, they're like this." Yura shrugged. Looking in the distance, she recalled how they used to be so respectful – even if it lasted ten minutes – to each other and took the last bit of the muffin. But she also knew that they still do, despite having a odd way to show it.

 

"Hey, where's the muffin I prepared?" Jongdae asked, he was sure he posed it on the counter. While looking around, his eyes met Yura's who quickly diverted them to look at Luhan as if she was searching for help with uneasiness written all over her face. Jongdae frowned because she gulped down something and he spot little points around . Little points that weirdly looked like chocolate crumbs and –

 

 

"Yura!"

 

 

"I'm sorry!"

 

 


 

 

Junmin was making his way towards the cafe, knowing fully that Luhan would be there since Sehun’s shift end late on mondays. It was quite funny how he learned Sehun’s schedule just so he could see Luhan.

 

Most of the time, he’d return home then go to the cafe when he knows it was time for them to left. To make it less suspicious, he didn’t do it everyday; fulfilling his lack of Luhan time the other days by spending a moment with him at the library after asking the boy to help him with his homeworks. Even when he already did them. To his defense, he really didn’t understand sometimes, plus, there was no reason to feel guilty, it was not like he was bothering Luhan since the boy’s took the opportunity to read one of his book.

 

He ran the last few meters because the cafe was closing in a few. He didn’t had to though, the sign was still . He pushed the door and as expected, there was no one inside. No one, expect for a person who had his head posed on the table with a mop next to it.

 

Junmin wouldn’t have smiled if he didn’t know who that person was. He wouldn’t have walk to him and squatted down to see the person’s locks falling on his eyes. His heart wouldn’t have skip a beat when he brushed his fringe away, having a better view of his sleeping face, he wouldn’t have the sudden urge to cup his cheek, he wouldn’t have done it if he wasn’t so fascinated.

 

He wouldn’t have if Luhan wasn’t so beautiful.

 

He wouldn’t have realized he was the soft skin, nor stop, if it wasn’t for the ringing bells indicating that someone just entered the cafe. For a moment, Junmin thought that it was his conscience, the alarm of reason stopping him.

 

Turned out it was just fate.

 

He could feel his presence. The presence of someone wanting to snatch his hand still on Luhan’s face away. He turned around and, even if he kept a composed figure, Junmin expected a frown and two eyes full of hatred, he expected to be roughly pushed aside or worse.

 

But he surely didn’t expect a blank face.

 

He didn’t expect Sehun to calmly walk towards him, his eyes never leaving the sleeping boy unaware of the tension surrounding him.

 

"Luhan called me to walk him home, I was just waking him up." Junmin said casually, removing his hand and standing up. He didn’t want to lie, but he couldn’t say the true. To him, It was the only answer able to appease Sehun. Appease because, despite his face being void of any emotion, it doesn’t mean Sehun wasn’t hiding some inside of him like Junmin was keeping inside that unpleasant feeling of being interrupted.

 

"Sehun!" Yura came out of the kitchen with a big smile. "I think you should go, Luhan worked really hard today."

 

Sehun nodded. With Yura’s help, Luhan was now on his back, still sleeping. Sehun knew that his boyfriend wasn’t tired just because of the work he did today, he was recovering from yesterday, when he was taking care of a sick Sehun. Recuperating the lack of sleep he had for being too worried about his boyfriend, too busy preparing soup, giving him medicines and being sure he didn’t need anything. Even while knowing that Luhan’s soft snores were the result of his attention and love for him, it didn’t help Sehun to feel better about the situation.

 

He was now marching towards their house, wondering why Luhan, from all their friends, had to call Junmin. He was glad when his train of thoughts was cut off by a low call of his name.

 

"Yeah?"

 

Luhan stirred, stretching his neck before posing his head back on Sehun’s shoulder in a more comfortable position, his arms tightened around Sehun’s neck when he asked with a groggy – mixed with some whines – voice, “What are you doing? You should be in bed..”

 

"I was worried," Sehun replied simply. Sick or not, he couldn’t just stay home when he knew that Luhan was outside, especially at this hour.

 

Luhan huffed, his breath tickling the side of Sehun’s neck. “Are you working tomorrow? I’ll take your place.”

 

"No, and it’s fine, thanks for today but I’m feeling better now. I’m returning to school tomorrow." Because his answer earned a few protests muffled on his hoodie, Sehun asked, "Why do you want to work so much?" He quite doesn’t understand Luhan’s sudden envy and enthusiasm about serving people when he could just go home after a long day at school.

 

Luhan closed his eyes, diving his face deeper into Sehun’s warmth. “Because thanks to you I got to see my parents, I want to repay you.”

 

"You already did."

 

"Really? When?" Luhan asked, blinking curiously.

 

"The night of your return."

 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. “The night of my–” his eyes widened when he realized what Sehun implied. He never thought his boyfriend would evoke such a thing. “Sehun!”

 

"…You were crying my name differently that night… more.. lovingly?"

 

Luhan gasped loudly. “Let me down! Let me down!”

 

"Hey, hey, Calm down!" Sehun exclaimed, trying to keep his balance but Luhan was making it quite difficult. "Don’t make people look at us weider than they already are." Sehun was thankful they were near their destination. Expect for a middle aged woman judging them and motioning her son to walk faster, the street was lifeless. Well, it would be if it wasn’t for Sehun and that someone on his back, swaying his legs as he struggled to get down, shouting for twenty persons and almost choking the person carrying him.

 

Fortunately, Luhan stopped after a minute, muttering a breathless “I hate you” on the crook of Sehun’s neck.

 

Opening the door of the building, Sehun smiled.

 

“I love you too.”

 

 

***

 

 


“What did I miss at school?” Sehun asked as he took out of the fridge the meal Luhan cook earlier that day.

 

"Mhm nothing... except if you want to know how many moles Chanyeol has and where they are."

 

Sehun closed the door of the microwave, he turned around to show Luhan his ‘what the ’ face quickly turning into a disgusted one with underlying disbelef. He’ll never understand Baekhyun’s pride of telling such thing, he shuddered. “I rather not.”

 

"I bet.." Luhan muttered before sighing. He put the last plate he just rinsed on the dryer and reached for the towel to dry his hands. "Baekhyun will always be Baekhyun.. It was funny how horrified Kai looked and– oh about Kai, him and Kyungsoo were acting rather weird today."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"They were.. I don’t know, for exemple, I didn’t hear any usual complain about Kai from Kyungsoo and Kai looked really happy, oddly smiling to himself the whole time at the cafeteria. Baekhyun disgusted face and especially Kyungsoo’s glares had no effect on his mood." Luhan explained, eyeing the food slowly turning inside of the microwave.

 

"Strange…" Sehun took two forks and two knives out of the drawer. "Well, at least they’re fine now."

 

Luhan hummed, still trying to understand the sudden change of their behaviors. But Sehun was right, all that mattered was that they were okay.

 

It was late when they finished eating and since they have school early the next day, they made their way to the bathroom then head to the bedroom directly after.

 

"I’m so tired!" Luhan wailed in the pillow and took Mr.Deery. "I missed you so much," he sobbed onto the soft fur as he hugged his plushie tightly.

 

From his spot on the bed, Sehun was watching the scene with great amusement. He was almost forgetting that nagging sensation lurching in his stomach. It wasn’t because of what he just eat but most likely due to what he witnessed an hour ago at the cafe.

 

But as said earlier, he almost forgot.

 

The sick feeling came back courtesy of a phone call Luhan received.

 

Still, Sehun prayed that the person on the other line wasn't –

 

"Hi, Junmin!"

 

 

Amazing.

 

 

Sehun watched with a frown as Luhan carried the conversation. He waited and waited until he had enough of Luhan’s laughter and happy tone. He plopped down, making sure to huff loudly enough for Luhan to understand that he was mad. The fact that Luhan wasn’t paying attention to him made his face wrinkled in disapproval even more.

 

At least, Luhan get the message because he said “Someone’s sulking” with a little laugh but Sehun didn’t want to right now, he really didn’t as he bitterly said,

 

"I’m trying to sleep."

 

"Sorry," Luhan apologized. He had the decency to take Sehun’s words into account as he hung up just after whispering Junmin goodnight.

 

Unfortunately, it didn’t make Sehun’s frown disappear.

 

He was still frowning when Luhan turned off the light and asked him to turn around. He was still frowning when, having no reply, Luhan’s chuckle filled the room. But the soft sound didn’t fill Sehun’s heart as it always does, if anything, it made him frown even more.

 

Don’t hide your emotions, don’t keep them bottled up inside, those are words Sehun heard way too often and now that he was finally following them, he was being laughed at. Sehun knew, of course, that it was Luhan’s way of lighting up the mood, but he couldn’t find it in him to laugh along.

 

After a few seconds, he felt an arm around his waist, a body pressed against his back and heard a mumbled “Night Sehun” before everything went silent.

 

Luhan fell asleep seconds, minutes, maybe hours later, Sehun didn’t know.

 

But he was still frowning.

 

 

 

 



#Junmingtfo
I found out that the link I put previously wasn't working so here it is again :
There's already two chapters up, thanks if you take your time to look at it.
And a lot of thanks to the persons who are reading this as you've been reading 15 chapters of this story which is know 35,5k+ words. ~u~
I'm really thankful (you didn't give up) thanks! :)