Blessed

Growing Love

The alarm went off and Luhan opened his eyes with a yawn. Blinking tiredly at the bland ceiling, a wide smile slowly lighted up his face as his brain started fuctionning for the new day ahead.

 

He happily threw the cover aside and stretched his arms above his head, sighing in satisfaction at the sensation. As he checked the time, despite it indicating 9am which is way too early to be awaken for a saturday, Luhan was still wearing a big grin and it widened when another minute passed.

 

If only time could pass a bit faster, he thought, standing in front of his wardrobe, carefully eyeing his clothes. He had them ready for a week but he was indecisive; he had to look good for this special day.

 

Nodding to himself, Luhan settled for his first choice; his favorite white buttoned up shirt and a black slacks. He'll put on his tweed jacket after since the weather was a bit chilly.

 

Humming a tune, he skipped towards the bathroom.

 

He get out a good thirty minutes later, fresher with a better hairstyle than his messy one created by hours of tossing around in bed due to excitement. He didn’t get a lot of sleep but he felt good nonetheless.

 

Just before stepping out of the room, Luhan heard the front door opening. Knowing who he was going to see and, certainly with a hangover, he sighed.

 

Having a sight of a corpse collapsed on the couch, Luhan didn’t bother a greeting, aware that he would most likely receive a grunt or a hush and directly headed to the open kitchen to prepare what his roommate needed.

 

Heating up water, Luhan posed a cup on the table and wait. When the water was boiling, he put it on the cup along with the tea bag. He blew on the liquid in an attempt to cool it down as he made his way to the couch.

 

"Yixing, tea."

 

"Mrhm."

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. The last few weeks, it had been a routine for his roommate to come back on the room wasted after a party, most of the times held friday nights. It was a thing the last years students had been going to lately to have fun together before leaving the campus.

 

Not fond of parties, Luhan did however went once to discuss with some friends he made during his four years stay at XLU university.

 

As he saw Yixing sitting up with a groan, Luhan sat next to him and shook his head in disapproval while watching him gulping a sip of tea and humming.

 

"You should stop going to these parties every week," Luhan started quietly to not aggravate Yixing’s headache. "Even Mr.Kim said–"

 

"Junmyeon."

 

"Yes, Junmyeon. Even he said that he didn’t like it. Can’t you stop for him?"

 

Yixing took another sip and sighed in contentment as the liquid warm up his inside. “No. I’m young, I want to have fun before I leave my life as a student to find a place in the ruthless work world.” He faced a slightly frowning Luhan and asked, “Why don’t you call him by his name? I already told you that if it’s too difficult to pronounce, you can call him Jun or Suho.”

 

Luhan grimaced. “It sounds wrong… he’s our old history teacher… and I still can’t believe you’re dating him.”

 

Taking another sip, Yixing shrugged. “I like him, and he likes me too.” Looking blankly ahead, a small smile made his way to his face. “And he’s cute. He's seven years older but he looks younger than me. I remember how stressed and embarrassed he was during our first ti–“

 

"Okay, I don’t want to hear it again, thank you."

 

Yixing pursed his lips. “Really? But I think I never told you that it was on a classroom?”

 

Luhan sneered. “What?” Yixing better be joking.

 

Looking at Luhan’s less than amused face, Yixing scrunched his nose. “I didn’t tell… oh well, remember that day you were caught by our english teacher looking at your boyfriend, hum, Shihun? Selun?”

 

"Sehun! His name is Sehun! God, you remember that it was our english teacher who embarrassed me in front of the whole class but you can’t remember a name as simple as Sehun even after being his classmate for a year?!"

 

There were a few silents seconds of exchanged blinked before Yixing shrugged. “Whatever.” Luhan groaned. “That day, our last class was history, remember? Well it happened just after.” He grinned at the thought of his shy history teacher, all red in the face, trying to stay professional as he told Yixing that what they were doing was against the rules. Yixing was quick to shut him up by sealing his lips in a hot kiss.

 

No need to say Junmyeon only uttered incoherent words after.

 

"You guys soiled the classroom?!" Luhan’s shocked voice brought Yixing back to the present. "I do hope you cleaned the mess!"

 

"Of course we did!" Yixing exclaimed, sending Luhan an affronted look. "Junmyeon would have been fired if anyone had found out."

 

"And even while knowing this, you did it at his work place?"

 

"…"

 

"…"

 

Another shrug.

 

Luhan sighed. “Anyway… he’s your boyfriend and he doesn’t like it. And I understand because you lost your mind after a few drinks…” Luhan shuddered at the thought of a drunk Yixing, way too close to him, declaring his love and trying to reach his lips. Since then, Luhan had asked – force – him to spend the night elsewhere after a party.

 

Yixing huffed. "I know what I’m doing and I’m faithful."

 

Luhan scoffed. “Yixing, you asked me one day if I wanted you to bring me someone to pass the night with.”

 

"Yes, I did. And?"

 

"You were not drunk."

 

"And?"

 

"I have a boyfriend!"

 

Yixing was pensive for a second before nodding slowly. “Ah, right..” Luhan facepalmed. "But you seem so lonely, and you can’t see that Shirun–"

 

"Sehun!"

 

"–often. I felt bad for you, you know? The last time you saw him was what, two months ago? That’s too long. I would have break up and find someone nearer at your place."

 

"What?! I love him!"

 

"Ah, yes," Yixing said calmly, finishing his tea as if that feeling didn’t matter. "love."

 

Luhan gaped. “How did you last so long with Mr.Ki– Junm– your boyfriend?!” Yixing shrugged again and Luhan sighed.

 

“When is Suhan coming?”

 

"It’s Seh–" Luhan sighed again. It was useless, his roommate will never learn this name. "In a few hours."

 

"And you’re going to welcome him like," Yixing gestured to Luhan’s apparance. "that?"

 

"Yes?" Luhan frowned down at his clothes before tilting his head at Yixing’s appaled face. "Why?"

 

"You’re going to see your boyfriend, your boyfriend, for the first time after two months, two months and Luhan seriously?"

 

"What? What’s wrong?"

 

"I don’t know, wear something more... comfortable like a bathrobe with nothing underneath, something that Xihan can remove quickly."

 

Closing his eyes, Luhan mumbled a little, “Yixing…”

 

"What? You guys were physically apart for more than a month, what do you think your boyfriend would want to do with you first?"

 

Luhan could feel heat burning his face.

 

"Isn’t Semin that hot person in the frames on your desk? I doubt you'll just talk once he’ll be here."

 

Choosing to stay silent, Luhan seek for the remote to turn on the TV and look for a program to watch. Anything that could make his racing heart calm down.

 

"Aww look, you’re all red in the face, like a little Junmyeon," Yixing crooned, reaching to pinch Luhan’s cheek. The latter gave him a glare that made Yixing drop his hand with a little laugh. "Cute." He stood up and smiled, feeling a lot better, his migraine almost gone. He thanked Luhan for the tea with a pat on his shoulder.

 

"Where are you going?" Luhan asked, standing up and following Yixing to the front door.

 

"I promised to see Junmyeon today." he replied while opening the door. "Like this I’ll leave you alone with your boyfriend." he added, turning around to give Luhan a knowing smile to which his roommate blushed crimson. Yixing took a step out but turned around once again. "Oh, the walls are thin by the way."

 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. "Yes? And why are you– Yixing!"

 

"Don’t get that idea to do it on the couch. I know the way to the bedroom is quite far when you’re crazy with lust but do go there. Stains are difficult to remove on the couch and trust me, I know what I’m talking about."

 

Luhan gasped loudly. “Oh my God, Yixing!”

 

"And please, remember that my bed is just next to–"

 

"Yixing," Luhan exhaled, "Get out."

 

"–yours. Don’t stain it, thank you. Or at least, change–"

 

"Yixing."

 

"–the sheets. Nobody want to sleep on a tainted bed, I think–"

 

"Yixing, get out. Now."

 

"–you understand. Well, I’ll be going now." Yixing finished, throwing a peek at his phone for any message. When he saw none, he gave his roommate a sweet smile and a wave, ready to walk out when he thought about something else. "Oh, also."

 

Sighing, Luhan closed his eyes for a second wishing that when he opened them, his roommate would be gone. He was not. “What again, Yixing?”

 

"Instead of a bathrobe, you can wait for him , it’ll be easier."

 

"Yixing!"

 

"Put some candles around the room. Have fun, see you!"

 

After blankly watching Yixing skipping down the hallway, Luhan closed the door. From all his classmates, what did he do to deserve this roommate. Who would have thought Yixing would be interested in literature in the first place? He shook his thoughts away and looked around the room. Maybe he could distract himself by cleaning up a bit.

 

Taking the mop, Luhan smiled, he was going to see Sehun again.

 

Finally.

 

 

***

 

 

Luhan closed his eyes tight and whined. Why was the sun so bright? Tiredness was wheighing on him and he just wanted to return on his sleeping state. He didn’t think he would be this tired after just sweeping the floor.

 

Clutching the cover tighter around him, Luhan felt sleep coming back to him with a warm embrace. He sighed contently, suddenly feeling delighted. Slumber was taking over his body when something warm brushed his lips.

 

It was gone a second after and Luhan frowned, he wanted to sense it again. And, as if he spoke the words out loud, the feeling came back, firmer but soft, rough but light at the same time. Luhan smiled, his dream felt so real. He could visualise the hand passing on his hair, holding him close. Deft fingers stopping on his nape and Luhan let out a little sound against the pression on his lips before it disappeared again.

 

He pouted, wanting more but, when he heard a chuckle, he frowned again. He never had a dream this real before.

 

And maybe it was a nightmare because pokes started attacking his cheek. Each more annoying than the last one. Luhan groaned and reached for what was bothering him. He was surprised to find out that the culprit was a hand slightly bigger than his own.

 

A hand.

 

Luhan gasped and his eyes shot open. He blinked, a lot, waiting for his eyes to adjust at the brightness of the room.

 

And the person in front of him.

 

If it wasn’t for the thumb softly tracing his cheekbone, even now that his eyes were wide open, Luhan would have thought that he was still dreaming.

 

He took on the way those pair of pink lips tugged upwards and before he could think about what he was doing, he was tasting them, relishing on that familiar, beautiful taste he missed so much. It felt almost surreal to feel it again. A storm of emotions was twirling on his mind as Luhan brought his hand up, his fingers now lost in between soft, brown locks. His actions became almost frantic at the sudden intrusion on his mouth. Luhan welcomed it happily, pleased sounds encouraging the wet organ travelling on his mouth, each sending shivers down his spine.

 

A minute after, Luhan pulled away and opened his eyes. in the few seconds he needed to get his breath back, Luhan filled his eyes with the staggering sight in front of him; Those sharp features, that glint in those deep, chocolate eyes, those sweet lips moving and whispering a little,

 

"Hey."

 

And Luhan squealed and jumped on those reassuring arms that always caught him, burrowed his face on that cozy chest that make him feel safe, inhaled that lime scent he missed so much and grinned at that laughing sound – the vibrations accelerating his pulsation.

 

The blanket was long forgotten aside and Luhan was contented with his position on top of his boyfriend. With an hand drawing random shapes on his back and the occasional light-kisses on the crown of his head, Luhan closed his eyes, the comfortable silence created of breathes and heartbeats lulling him to sleep.

 

However, another thing was surpassing his want to return on dreamland. Lifting his head up, Luhan shifted and aimed for what would appease his thundering heart. Two hands suddenly cupped his face, stopping him from reaching his goal and thus, making him open his eyes and blink curiously.

 

Raising an eyebrow, Sehun asked lowly, “What are you doing?” his breath tickling Luhan’s lips. Earning a frown from the latter, Sehun chuckled. He teasingly grazed their lips together, smiling at Luhan’s cute whimper before granting his wish; closing the little gap between them, he gave his impatient boyfriend a delicate kiss.

 

Finally getting what he wanted, Luhan relaxed and pressed harder. No words were needed, the kiss spoke a million of them, conveying numberless emotions. I missed you and I love you were unsaid but they both understood it clearly.

 

"Ah, you see, I was right."

 

Luhan jumped back at the sudden voice. Breathing heavily, he looked towards the door and saw his roommate smirking down at him and stepping further in the bedroom.

 

Sehun sat them up and Luhan groaned. Not caring about freaking Yixing stopping his freaking moment, he stayed on Sehun’s lap and looped his arms around his neck in a possessive manner, all while shooting daggers at the intruder looking at them as if they were his favorite show.

 

"What do you want Yixing?" Luhan’s voice was calm. Really calm. But it wasn’t going to last long.

 

"I forgot my wallet. Just continue what you were doing as if I wasn’t here," he said, walking towards his bed. Luhan would have gladly followed his words if Yixing didn’t stumble because he was staring at them with a wide smile.

 

Luhan whined on Sehun’s shoulder. Sehun was rubbing his back but it had no effect on his want to strangle his roommate.

 

With his wallet in hand, Yixing made his way towards the door. When Luhan thought he was finally out, Yixing turned around to coo,
“You two are so cute.”

 

Irritation was slowly taking over Luhan as he let out a threatening, “Yixing, leave.”

 

"And too dressed. You should remove some layers. Or everything. Just saying. See you!"

 

Looking at the door and cursing Yixing under his breathe, Luhan looked back at Sehun when he heard a laugh. “Don’t be like that. Since you were sleeping, Yixing opened me the door earlier. He keeps forgetting things and come back to seek them.”

 

Sighing, Luhan closed his eyes at the soothing on his hair and mumbled, “How can he get top grades when he’s so forgetful…” before smiling at the feel of warm hands against his skin.

 

Two months was the longer they had been apart since they both entered their respectives universities. They’re one and half an hour away by car ride and they had been so busy, even phonecalls were increasingly scarce. The lack of Sehun added to the amount of work he had lately affected Luhan physically. Thankfully, he could always count on his roommate to cheer him up. Yes, Yixing was useful sometimes.

 

Sometimes.

 

They had to get up after a few minutes but Luhan claimed his disaccord by clinging onto Sehun and whining to gain as much time as he could. Sehun knew that if agreed, he’d end up wanting to stay too – which was already the case – so he brought Luhan on his arms, appeasing his complains and his flails by leaving kisses here and there.

 

Thanks to his little acts of affection, Sehun managed to get in the kitchen in record time and even cook something with the help of Luhan – who was more distracting him than anything else but still, Sehun was thankful.

 

After Luhan praised him for his cooking skills while finishing to pack his suitcase, they were now heading to Sehun’s car. It was quite difficult to miss the numerous gazes following them on their way out of the university. Luhan proudly winded his arm around Sehun’s, earning deeper gasps. Students were gawking at them and whispering to each other. This always happened when Sehun came, most of the time during nondays, and Luhan feels smug everytime.

 

Luhan was putting on his seatbelt when Sehun’s phone vibrated.

 

"Hey. Yeah, don’t worry and thanks again," Sehun answered shortly between chuckles before hanging up.

 

When Sehun started the engine, Luhan asked. “Who was it?”

 

"Junmin."

 

"What? I called him not too long ago but it was his secretary who picked up to tell me he was busy." Luhan huffed and pouted. "But, it seems like he has time for you."

 

Sehun smiled to himself. “I read your story,” he said, changing the subject to not have a frowning Luhan the whole travel. “You know I’m not fond of the romantic genre, but I enjoyed yours.”

 

"You’re saying this only to make me feel better."

 

"No, why would I not enjoy a story with me as the main character?"

 

"W-what?"

 

"Perfect features, his smile gives me tingles, feel safe in his arms–" Luhan could feel heat spreading on his face. "–Love of my life–"

 

"Okay, okay, I know what I wrote, thank you." Luhan cut off, face flushed. "But it’s not you."

 

Sehun snorted. “Right.”

 

Luhan glared at him. If it wasn’t because he was driving, a few bruises would be ornering Sehun’s face now.

 

They stayed silent after that. Luhan was looking out the window at the changing scenery. After six months, he was finally going to be home again.

 

After realizing that most of the time he went back to Seoul, he stayed at Sehun’s house, Luhan moved there during sophomore year and was living with Sehun since then.

 

Despite knowing that he was going to spend only one week with him, Luhan was glad he could finally have real times with his boyfriend and not quick meetings on school weeks that last some hours because they both missed each other badly. But, being too busy, they couldn’t stay together longer, they had to be reasonable.

 

Luhan remembered calling Sehun, one night Yixing was absent, because he wanted to stop everything, because he couldn’t take it anymore, because it had been too long. He remembered feeling extremely guilty waking Sehun up, but he had really needed to hear his voice. Yet, after Sehun started pleading him to stop crying, he regretted calling him. He regretted because Sehun had driven that night and missed school the next day to stay by his side.

 

When he had saw him, panting at the door step, Luhan couldn’t stop the surprise, happiness and love showing in a new flow of tears. He had scolded Sehun, but it came out in choked sobs; he was too gratified to see him, too delighted to hug him, too relieved to be with him.

 

Luhan glanced at Sehun who was concentrated on the road ahead and smiled.

 

 

I’m too blessed to have you…

 

 

 

 



x) Yixing.
 
Okay, so, because his chapter was way too long, I cut it in two.
So now, there's two chapters left.
 
If this wasn't clear; we're four years later, Luhan and Sehun are 22.