Taemin's view

48 hours

Now, again thank you everybody for support and emotions and encouragement. I love your comments and they give me ideas. I'm afraid the story isn't well organized anymore but it might be easier to just go on telling it like this than trying to force it back into line. So I decided to change the PoV after all.

I hope you still like it and you'll keep reading.

----------------

She hit him, she really hit him. I can’t believe it. This is actually happening. We’re here with a woman who has a gun and shoots at us. She just shot Jinki-Hyung. Even when she was firing at the floor a moment ago it was still a bit like in a game but my God, that bullet just smashed Hyung into the crates with so much force and there is blood everywhere.

I catch him before he goes down and he looks at me, even smiles. Damn you Hyung, you really smile at the weirdest times. I don’t know what to do but Key looks back at me and tells me. He says: “Taem, get him outta here” and his face is kinda sad.

I’ve always been bad at taking care of myself. I keep losing and forgetting things and I’m not listening. I’m also reckless and worry my family way too much; my hyungs, too. Most of the time I rely on others to tell me what to do and since our very early days more often that not it’s been my members.

When I lift Onew-Hyung onto my shoulder now I know I have to change that. I already said it in an interview, I said that it’s about time I looked after them instead of the other way around but I guess I didn’t really mean it then. And when Jjonggie-Hyung afterwards mentioned it I told him I knew they could manage for themselves. But I should take responsibility now. I don’t want to be a burden.

There is a ruckus at the entrance to the store-house. Of course ... they probably heard the shots. When I get around the corner Jonghyun stares at me from the floor, horrified. Donghae-Hyung is trying to restrain him and it dawns on me that Jjong must have regained consciousness and tried to get back in when he heard the shots.

Donghae’s father immediately understands the situation when he sees me and helps me to get Onew-Hyung into the car.

There is still just the one car but it’s parked at the store-house now; no ambulance, no police. Just Donghae and his father, the girls, Yoogeun and us.

“He’s bleeding profusely”, the old man says, “we need paramedics and he should be taken to hospital immediately.”

“Where is Kibum?” Jjonghyun shouts at me, “why didn’t he come out, there were three shots ... where is he Taem?”

He has wrestled out of Donghae’s grip and grabs me, jumping on one leg, pushing me against the car.

“What’s going on in there?” he asks, his face all twisted in worry. I hug him, holding him up and say:

“She only hit Onew, Key-Hyung isn’t hurt” ... yet.

I see Minho in the backseat. He looks shaken but he’s got Yoogeun in his lap, pulled him into his jacket, warming and soothing him. And as much as I’m worried about other things at the moment I have to think how much damage the whole kidnapping-thing has done to the boy. He’s only ten after all. I’m glad that Minho takes care of him. I admire that he manages to pick something he can do immediately and just pulls through with it instead of running around headless trying to do everything at the same time and just creating more chaos.

It looks like Donghae’s father is the same. He has been a policeman after all. Together with his son he tends to Onew-Hyung. But he tells us, it’s just not good enough. We need to get him to hospital.

“Who is from around here”, he asks the girls who are still huddled together looking like little kids who have angered their parents.

“I live just a couple of blocks from here”, the smallest girl says timidly, “the others were staying overnight at our place.”

“Show me your shoes”, The old man demands and the girl obeys immediately. I understand. She is wearing spikes just like Donghae-Hyung.

“You go and call police and an ambulance on the land-line. There is no chance to get through on mobile, I guess the cell towers are down again.”

And he adds: “Don’t even think about running away.”

The girl nods and another one asks to go with her. She’s also equipped with spiked shoes. Donghae’s father sends them off. His son is still pressing his hand into the bullet-wound in Onew’s shoulder.

“We cannot wait any longer”, he says, “he is losing too much blood. We need to take him to hospital immediately.”

“NO, we can't go!” Jjonghyun shouts, “what about Kibum? What if she hurts him, he’s still in there with that girl ... “

“We can’t stay either, son”, Donghae’s father says shaken but determined. “This boy here will die, if he doesn’t receive treatment right away. His only chance is the car to get him there. Now all of you get in, the girls too. The sooner we leave the sooner we’ll be back again. And we WILL be back.”

JJong stares at him in disbelieve.

“You’ll just leave him behind? Just like that you ...”

“Jonggie”, Minho shouts from the backseat, “Jinki is DYING for ’s sake. Stop wasting time, we’ll come back with an ambulance and police, just get in already, you too Taemin.”

For a second Jjong just stills; then he slams the car’s door shut from the outside.

“I’m not going”, he says to me.

Yeah. I slam shut the other door and say:

“Neither am I.”

The car drives away. I see Minho shaking his head in defeat. I’m sorry, Minho. I know we’re just repeating ourselves and this may be stupid, but ... seems like we just can’t leave anyone behind.